Fighting for life ((AnnaWinters&BlackRoseWitch))

AnnaWinters

Lost in my field of paper flowers
@BlackRoseWitch

The world is no longer as we know it, vampires are getting bored and more powerful. Taking humans from their homes as some scientists know. The government doing research to those vampires and they even found a cure, but it all kept a secret to the common people. Making it so that not many people know that vampire are real and that they are used to find a way to gain immortality without the downsides of being a vampire.

So that is happening on the human side of this story, on the other side we have the vampires. Who take humans from their homes, change them and then the newborn vampires are forced to fight in pits. And only one can be crowned a winner. That vampire will be fed and her creator will put that vampire in fights all the time until that vampires dies or he or she sells his newborn. Basically those newborns are actually seen as an object and they learn to obey their maker or severe punishment will be in order.

Name: Niklaus Galandale

Race: Vampire

Picture:

Klaus-Wallpaper-TVD.jpg

((If I'm not the girl, then I'll change it. But the post will be up once you reply to the pm))

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicklaus Galandale was the name of a vampire who was highly respected by every other vampire, since he was born a very long time ago and since he was one of the oldest vampires left. And yet he wasn't a merciless killer, he actually cared about human life and was still trying to find a way to make a replacement, which wasn't so easy. Just using all the components in blood wasn't enough, a vampire did need the red bloodcells for their meal. They need the energy of human blood and they also needed to be in the form that it was found in human blood, which made it even harder for him to get it all right. There weren't any chemically made red blood cells and neither were there any white, though his research could save many humans that were ill. No more need for a bone marrow transplantation. But he knew that the human race wasn't far enough with research towards a blood substitute, the science around it wasn't developed enough. And yet little of the other vampires knew that he lived of donated blood completely. He still made them think that he was a merciless killer.

Other didn't like a vampire who didn't kill humans, and he also knew that his whole race would be after him if they found out. He was stronger then most vampires, but he couldn't cope with more then 10 of them. It was just the way that it was, a vampire was the perfect killing machine but only to an extend. There even were rumors that some vampires seemed to vanish and that no one even knew where they were. It was just generally know that they were gone and that more and more vampires seemed to be taken. There were also more and more humans that seemed to know, and he knew that it could be bad. Not every single human had good intentions and there had been more then enough hunters in his time. Humans could kill a vampire, they just needed to train and perfect their methods of killing.

It wasn't that hard to find enemies of vampires, but their own kind was still the worst of all. They were relentless killers an the newest hype were those fights. Fghts where vampires took a human and changed them, before making them fight in so called pits of death, the so called vampire games. Where newborns were bound to die, even when they changed owners. It was a disgusting type of deal, and so he wanted to save one human. At least if he was able to find one that had some fire left in them, he didn't want some suicidal vampire on his hands.

That was why he had talked to some man, he had quite a few newborns and even made them train together to earn blood. It was truly disgusting in his eyes, but he needed the company, he needed someone to help him with his research. And that research was the reason that the vampire had agreed to sell him a newblood. "Nicklaus my man! It has been ages." had been the greeting, but he barely talked. He just didn't want to bother as the man led him past several cages.

It was then that he saw her, that stunning girl with the bright eyes and angelic face, the only girl that ever caught his eye in the past. And yet she couldn't be the girl he had know, she couldn't be Amylynn. It was impossible since there were only newborns in those fights, called newbloods as a mocking tone. "I would like to have this one" he told the man as he looked at the girl. His face showing no emotion, knowing that those would only get him into trouble.

((And this is a video where I want to show you know Nicklaus talks

))

Elizabeth Hawthorne had been in the very room for, at least, two weeks. It was hard enough to get her out of the damned cage just to train with the others... It would have to involve dragging her out forcefully. She was very stubborn and often snapped at the man, refusing to do anything and let him get his way. She did that by not speaking, but she allowed her actions to speak for her. The female had guts to snap at someone, yet alone the man who owns her and the rest! Of course, that didn't work out well for Elizabeth. The black haired female had the most strongest blood lust ever...

Even after drinking the blood they often got, which was enough to keep them going for an day after training. Nope, not for the twenty-six year old. Elizabeth always needed to have more than the rest or else someone might get hurt...

She would often see blood everywhere, when her blood lust kicked in, and there would be no blood at all. She is, indeed, seeing things. So, whenever she tried to not obey, she had no choice. Within an hour of disobeying and getting deeply punished, Elizabeth would crack and nearly attack one of the newer Newborn Vampires just for blood. Not out of anger or anything, she was wild. Normally, she was kind towards her fellow Newborns... Well, the ones who were in cages, that is.

Slowly, some of the Newborns had looked up at the two males and a few even begged for help and or blood. Anything, really. However, Elizabeth had inside her cage and hugging her knees tightly as she stared at the ground silently. Today was not a good day for her, sadly, which caused her to sit there in silence. Only wearing old clothing that was stained with dry blood that turned brownish red due to the clothing, her hair was a little bit messy. Strangely, she had a scar running around her neck which wasn't here. . .

Her head snapped up as she quickly glared at the male, if only looks could kill. After a few minutes of glaring, she had slowly looked towards Nicklaus wordlessly as her bright eyes filled with curiosity and anger. Of course, she wasn't angry at Nicklaus. It was more towards the man with him, instead. Due to not speaking to anyone at all since she got here somehow, she said nothing and only hugged her knees tighter. Not in fear, but in pain for some reason. Her face was, indeed, angelic and enchanting. But, it held tiredness and something else. Seeing that Nicklaus held no emotion on his face, Elizabeth had quickly looked down. It was hard to tell what she was thinking when Nicklaus had said that.

"..."

A female with long and silk-like black hair was walking quickly down a hallway with paintings hanging on the walls, her face was held with faint emotion. She was worried clearly. Wearing a long and fine dress the color of violet and a beautiful locket necklace.

il_340x270.425354598_r8du.jpg

At the end of the grand hallway was a redwood door, the sound of people inside were heard quite easily. Taking in a deep breath, she had opened the door and walked inside. Tonight was a mere party for the return of a Noble and the female, Amylynn, was a guest here at the Noble's Manor. Why? Because, she was here to sing... And, by the looks of it, something else as well. She found herself being greeted by a few people as she smiled a ghost of a smile. Her icy eyes scanned around as she soon spotted Lord Vincent Deblaire, whom she knew was an close friend of Nicklaus Galandale, as a sigh parted from her lips. Touching the treasured locket gently, Amylynn had wished for Nicklaus to show up. Of course, she merely guessed he was late. Unless, his invitation never got to him on time. She slowly started to sing so beautifully and full of emotion, it was perfect.

"All that I'm living for,

All that I'm dying for,

All that I can't ignore alone at night.

I can feel the night beginning.

Separate me from the living.

Understanding me,

After all I've seen.

Piecing every thought together,

Find the words to make me better.

If I only knew how to pull myself apart.

All that I'm living for,

All that I'm dying for,

All that I'm wanted for,

Although I wanted more.

Lock the last open door, my ghosts are gaining on me.

I believe that dreams are sacred.

Take my darkest fears and play them

Like a lullaby,

Like a reason why,

Like a play of my obsessions,

Make me understand the lesson,

So I'll find myself,

So I won't be lost again.

All that I'm living for,

All that I'm dying for,

All that I'm wanted for,

Although I wanted more.

Guess I thought I'd have to change the world to make you see me,

To be the one.

I could have run forever,

But how far would I have come

Without mourning your love?

All that I'm living for,

All that I'm dying for,

All that I'm wanted for,

Although I wanted more.

Should it hurt to love you?

Should I feel like I do?

Should I lock the last open door,

My ghosts are gaining on me..."

Clapping was heard loudly as she quickly glanced towards a half glaring and staring Lord, he must know that the song had deeper meaning. Sucking in some air slowly, she had fallen silent and looked away. One hour has passed as Amylynn quietly excused herself from the party and started down a new hallway... It was covered in blood as heart beats were heard everywhere. Only a few since some of the Vampires had, indeed, brought humans to snack upon and make the human race seem... Useless and weak. She didn't like that at all. Of course, she also didn't like the fact that she was one of them. A Vampire... She wished to help both humans and Vampires, hopefully. Due to the humans, the black haired girl had no choice to leave as her strong and strangely out of control blood lust started to kick in slowly. Suddenly, Amylynn had heard faint footsteps falling close behind her as she already knew who it was. Her time was up. . .

Luckily, before leaving the party, she had given the locket to an extremely loyal friend to send to one of her older family members or Nicklaus himself. She was only hoping that He would figure out what has happened. Stopping in her tracks and opening her bright eyes again after closing them. A faint and crestfallen smile painting across her soft angelic face.

"My time is up, I see... But I am already free from the pain and will never be forgotten."

Quietly and swiftly as she spoke firmly, the female dressed in violet had spun around to face the person. . .

Elizabeth had bit her bottom lip suddenly, feeling pain near her scar around her neck. Her eyes were wide as they seemed glue to the ground as she sat in the cold and slightly cramped cage. She was hugging her knees, not paying attention at all to anyone. She could barely think, the haunting yet sweet song was echoing faintly as she watched that whole flashback. It was like last night in her dream. Elizabeth thought it was, indeed, a dream and nothing more. Maybe she was just dreaming while awake... Either way, it had ended ever so slowly for the poor Elizabeth. She was so lost and confused at the dream-like flashback. . .

Nicklaus actually had regretting going to see those new bloods, they all had that terrible vacant look in their eyes, their fear showing and that still haunted him. He had bought the girl that looked exactly like Amylynn, the only difference was that she didn't have that scar in her neck. He also wondered if that girl even knew those songs, those haunting and yet beautiful songs that his beloved sang before she had vanished without a trace. Before he had waited for her four hours and days, only to realize that she had forgotten him.

He had tried finding her, but there was no trace of her and that only could mean two things. Either she didn't want to I be found, or she was dead. But Nicklaus couldn't be sure, it was a thing he would never do. All that he could do was save that new blood and ask his so called friend to treat her right, knowing that she probably was going to be the biggest challenge that he had ever faced, but he had taken everything that was needed to show her that he meant it well, that he wasn't going to hurt her and that he only wanted some nice company.

He had actually filled two freezers with blood and one fridge that kept the temperature on the temperature of a human. That fridge was small and it would last him a week, but he was certain that she would drink more, so he had filled it up to the brim with blood. Hoping it would be enough when it came to tending to her needs of hunger. But his home had been changed as well it would block out all uv-light and yet they would be able to see at the world outside during the day, everything was made vampire proof so she couldn't escape without a password.

He also had camera's around his estate for protection, since he lived in woods where werewolves dared to come. He even had a glass dome over his garden that held a certain klimate so he could relax in there. It was his dream home and he hoped that she would adore it ad he even had turned on some classical music.

So when they brought her to him, all weakened and with tied limb. She looked like she was almost sedated, he even glared at the man that brought her. "Get out, that wasn't nececary, she doesn't need to starve." He snapped as the man told him there was no other way. But he ignored him and waved him off with his hand so he would leave. After 10 minutes the house would lock itself down anyway.

He just needed to focus his attention on her, taking her out of the cage she was in and then laying her down on his couch, gently removing all the rope and things they had used to restrain her. "If you stay calm, I will get you all the blood you want. Would you like some?" He whispered in a gentle tone, making sure that she would trust him at least a bit before he would tell her about all the rules.

Calm?

How could Elizabeth be calm?!

Her bright, yet tired, eyes was glaring at the male with pure anger the whole time. Before being moved from the room that she had spent two weeks in... They had restrained her after she, literally, attempted to attack and maybe claw out some of the peoples' eyes. Those people were the helpers, since she often saw them dragging out other Newborns to the Pits of Death for quite some time. Or to train.

Despite being weak and restrained quite tightly, Elizabeth didn't even give up at that point. She had wounded some of the man's helpers, intill she started to weaken very slowly and got tied up. They had used anything they could fine to keep Elizabeth nice and comfy, sarcastically saying. In other words, they just tied her up without showing any care or mercy.

However, Elizabeth had found herself calming down slowly as she heard the classical music playing beautifully. Her glare was still locked on the male, but not as burning as it was before due to her anger and hunger. As soon as the man did leave, her tired gaze quickly went to the male wordlessly... Noticing the cage was opening, her eyes went wide slowly. Almost instantly, not sure what to expect, she shut her eyes tightly as she was taken out.

Due to being treated badly along with the other Newborns, Elizabeth Hawthorne was expecting to feel pain. However, once being placed on the couch, Elizabeth had slowly opened her confused eyes. . . Only to notice that the restrains were being removed gently. Her anger towards the man, who had left hopefully, had faded away and was replaced with confusion. Currently, she seemed like an open book as her emotions were easy to see. Very slowly, the female with black hair had looked around carefully at the room. Yet, once Nicklaus started to whisper gently to her, Elizabeth had quickly looked back at him with wide eyes. At first, Elizabeth had planned to attack and attempt to escape... Yet, that was only because the disgusting man was there. Plus, she did want to be free. . . However, those thoughts had been abandoned quite quickly now as she noticed the male was being gentle and not so violent as she expected. After all, during those two weeks, Elizabeth wasn't treated at all like this. Yet, she knew she couldn't fully trust this Nicklaus male. . .

Elizabeth only gave him a small and little nod, her eyes lit up slightly and quickly as she heard Him mention blood. She didn't bother to move or do anything, relaxing slowly as she laid on the couch. She hadn't spoken at all, which didn't seem as strange as most would think. Either Elizabeth didn't get to speak during her time in those awful cages or just couldn't, due to being quite frightened or angry. Or even weak, clearly. How would someone expect her not to be scared or angry? Unlike the other New bloods, Elizabeth didn't show her fear that much for everyone to see easily. Well, at least she tried not everyone to see her fear. Elizabeth, for now, was trusting Nicklaus a tiny bit as she calmed down while listening to the music in the background. Due to the flashback and dream, which were both the same, Elizabeth had only known that one song sung by Amylynn. . .

Nicklaus knew that he had to be calm, it couldn't be easy for the girl as he smiled when she nodded. At least she wasn't trying to hurt him, even when that other man was there to get the rest of his money. He glared at the man and then sighed "I will give you the money later, once I'm sure she hasn't been mistreated. I have seen better conditions where they hold newbloods and keeping her this weak isn't the ay to treat the most rebellious. You are a foul man, but I can't tell anyone because buying a newblood isn't legal. But I would advise you to leave now. I'll get you the money." His tone of voice, showing that he was really angry at the man and that man couldn't really talk back. That man also knew that he couldn't fight that man, because he was known as a dangerous and highly respected vampire and so he left as Nicklaus went to grab the blood for the girl that he had saved.

He hoped that he could save a few more, but he didn't want it to become more obvious. There were people watching him, because he was so old and everything. But he could hide the fact that he had bought her, he could just tell them that she was found and there would also be no trace that he would have bought her. So the man would be punished and the newborns in those cages were going to be saved if he had the help of the little girl and if she could show that she trusted Nicklaus.

But first she needed the blood, first she needed to get better and she needed to trust him completely. That was why he needed to be calm as he moved to her with about 3 bags of blood, nice and warm as he handed it to her and opened the tab so she could drink it like a soda with a straw. "A glass will only cool it down, it better if you drink it like this, that is nice and warm." Nicklaus said as he looked at her and then smiled, hoping that she was going to drink them all and he wouldn't mind giving her more. "You can have all the blood you want sweetie, over there is a fridge just tell me when there are only like 30 bags left, so I can grab some from the freezer so they can warm up slowly and so we won't get a shortage. I actually needed someone with a huge bloodlust for my research.. I'm trying to find a substitute. Just don't go into my lab because everything is sterile and all that."

There was nothing else he could do, then watch her. Wondering if she was going to be more calm around him and if she was actually going to be calm and focused around him. He just couldn't believe that anyone would treat a newborn that poorly, it was just sad for a beautiful girl like her. He then moved away and then moved to sit down in another chair, thinking it was better to keep his distance, he just needed to find a way to show her that he would never hurt her as long as she didn't enter his lab. That was his baby.

Elizabeth was trying to sit up, not daring to literary get up and move around on her feet again. There were markings on her pale skin, due to how tight the restrains were... Plus, she did have them on for some time while being taken to a new place. She had tensed up a little bit, upon noticing that Nicklaus was quite angry... Plus, the other male was still there. At least she wasn't the only person angry and glaring at the male. Elizabeth, due to being weak, couldn't attack the male. Plus, she knew that he had his little tricks to getting out of fights. Somehow, only hearing that from the other Newbloods. While Nicklaus was speaking to the male, Elizabeth found herself looking around the large room in silence. . .

Her eyes were a little wide as she saw Nicklaus had brought three bags of blood, three! She wasn't really use to getting that much blood back in the cages. Due to being in those cages, she normally would have to listen and obey... Or fight for it and receive pain, as well as blood from anyone she had attacked. Half of the time, Elizabeth would have fought to get her own blood and even attempted to escape once. That never went well and most likely was the worst day of those two weeks there. It, clearly, didn't feel like two weeks for Elizabeth.

By now, Elizabeth was only paying attention to the three bags of crimson blood. Of course, she was listening to Nicklaus since she didn't want to get hurt. Despite Nicklaus not wanting to harm her, Elizabeth was always like that since she couldn't let her guard down. After all, those two weeks were like a living hell for Elizabeth and maybe even worse. Okay, it was very worse. Some of the helpers, while being in the cages, had punished her deeply for not paying attention to them... Mentally and physically. Very quickly, Elizabeth had snatched away the open bag of blood from Nicklaus as she started to drink it greedily and quickly. It wasn't a surprise she was being quite wild and maybe rude. However, despite being wild, Elizabeth made sure to not let a single tiny drop of blood escape. She didn't want any of it wasted at all. She didn't mean to be so wild or even rude by snatching the blood so harshly and quickly... Elizabeth might have been expecting Nicklaus to tease her with her three bags of blood, like one of the people had done while she was in the cage. Or maybe even put something into the blood. Anything, Elizabeth knew that anything could happen. However, she didn't even make sure there wasn't nothing wrong with the blood... Nor did she tense up, ready to get hurt for snatching it away. . .

Elizabeth Hawthorne had just snatched it and greedily started to drink, putting enough trust into Nicklaus to not do any of that. After, shockingly, four seconds the first bag of blood was already drained. Her eyes were locked on Nicklaus as she said nothing, tearing the second bag of blood with her teeth. She only watched him, being careful and not letting her eyes off of him. The black haired female wasn't sure what to expect from a gentle and kind Vampire such as Nicklaus... It was hard to tell if she understood what gentle and kindness really were. It wasn't a shocker though, since she hadn't been treated like this ever. . .

As she listened and watched Nicklaus move to the chair, the female had already finished the second bag of blood as her pale lips ended up being a crimson shade due to drinking the blood. However, Elizabeth had attempted to control herself and not drink the last and third bag of warm blood. She couldn't tell if Nicklaus was being honest about giving her more blood, so she decided to hold onto this bag of blood just in case while glancing towards the fridge. . .

Breaking her own promise, Elizabeth had torn open the bag of blood more violently and didn't spill it at all. She closed her eyes slowly as she found herself drinking the maybe last bag of blood from Nicklaus. Her eyes had suddenly fluttered open as she noticed that the blood was all gone in the matter of a few tiny seconds. Slowly, she had looked towards the older Vampire with curious and tired eyes. Luckily, her bloodlust hadn't kicked in at all. She was longing for blood, not due to her bloodlust. It would have been much more worse and maybe violent if her bloodlust had kicked in. Elizabeth, not saying a single word, had started staring at Nicklaus. It was, indeed, true that Elizabeth had been forced not to speak in those cages within those two long weeks. Her expression on her tired face was calm slightly, trusting him a little bit more once she realized that the blood was safe and not tainted...

She had relaxed, upon hearing the music playing while he kept his distance from Elizabeth. She didn't know how to speak exactly, since she was forced not to speak... So, Elizabeth only stared at Nicklaus with a tiny smile as she nodded her head in understanding about everything that he had told her. It was very tiny smile though, indeed. They must have told her not to show emotion, most likely beating away anything they didn't like about her. . .

Nicklaus just watched her drinking the bags, she obviously was thirty and yet he had expected it to be worse. He had expected her to snatch the bags, it was only normal for her to be rather possessive about her food. She probably never had gotten enough for her to ever feel that she was filled until she was full. He knew that she was terrified and he was glad that that awful man had left, it had seemed to help the girl that was with him in that moment. He just hoped that she would trust him eventually, because he needed her to drink the substitutes of blood that had made it through the trials and that would be no danger for the body of a vampire. He even had a few animals changed into the creature that he was, and made them drink human blood so they showed the problems they had with the substitute and one was even promising.

So when she had finished, he got up and moved to the fridge as he gently opened the door "This is the kitchen, just take the blood that you need and tell me when the blood is reaching lower points. And do I not hesitate to talk, here are no physical punishments. Just don't get into my lab, please. It is my life long work." He said as he had put the emphasis on those last few scentances, knowing that he never knew how he would react when someone got in there. That lab was his pride and joy and he didn't want anything to go wrong in there. It was perfectly done how he wanted it and the protection was needed.

"Just ring that bell and I'll come as soon as I'm able to stop a test. Now, you can leave through the Backdoor during the day, the dome will keep the UV light out. Just don't stay there too long, it will eventually start the reaction. So make yourself at home and go get a room. Pick the one you like, just don't claim the room that looks over the canyon because that is the room where I reside, it also holds a piano and I will play it." He said as he wondered what else he could say.

"Oh, dont open the front door, it has uvlights that are activated when the door is opened by a vampire without permission. Just to keep people out that are there to kill me. I must say that it hurts and I don't wish you any pain. All I want is that the sounds don't get too loud and that you taste the bloodsubstitues I give you, in return you can drink all the blood you want and even take the books from my library or watch some Netflix."

That was all he said before he moved to the lab and opened the door, instantly a smell of antiseptic could be smelled. It was faint but it was obvious that he knew what he was doing and as long as she wouldn't ring the bell, he would work there for hours, finishing the first substitute where he had mixed the components of blood who he had made in the lab from human cells. Wondering if that would be enough, because it wasn't perfected yet and he would prefer a much easier way. And it would also take at least a few more days before there would be enough of the cells into the solution. But he had hope.

Elizabeth was quiet the whole time, listening to Nicklaus as she slowly stood up from the couch. She blinked her eyes a few times, confusion written clearly on her pale face. She had tilted her head a little bit, not understanding any of this now. Elizabeth was use to physical punishments, as well as mental ones. Yet, there were no punishments at all.

What else could Nicklaus do?

Mess around with the blood?

She glanced down at the empty bags of blood, remembering how they weren't tainted at all. She did start to trust Nicklaus, despite not knowing anything about him. . .

She was very confused at all of this kindness and having freedom to wander around in some Vampire's home. beside his lab of course. Which, Nicklaus had made quite clear. Once again, silently, the female had nodded her head a few times in understanding. She blinked her eyes, upon hearing the Nicklaus had a piano. Elizabeth guessed that Nicklaus was fond of music, since he did give some clues here and there. Such as the classical music and the fact that he owned a piano. . .

Confusion started to grow inside her again as she heard the strange word, Netflix... Of course, Elizabeth hadn't heard of that before since she was always locked into a cage and forced to fight. She didn't move at all as Nicklaus moved to the lab, still as a statue. Her expression was confusion, tiredness, and maybe even loneliness. Despite being in a cage all the time, Elizabeth had been around other Newbloods. Slowly and carefully, Elizabeth started to walk towards the kitchen and stumbled a few times. Hesitantly, She had opened the fridge as a silent gasp escaped from her lips.

He wasn't lying!

A faint smile appeared on her lips as she resisted the urge to take a lot, only taking six. Holding warm bags of crimson blood, Elizabeth Hawthorne found herself wandering around the room and peeking her head into a few rooms. She didn't enter the room with the piano, nor the lab at all. She had picked a few thick books from the library and started to search for a room. Elizabeth was quite curious female indeed. . .

The black haired female had found a room that had a few book shelves filled with books, yet it was a room. There was a queen sized bed that looked quite soft, having lots of warm blankets. There was also a dresser with an old and slightly cracked mirror. Carefully, she walked into the room and noticed it was all dusty and old. Nothing was touched, she had trouble opening the door to the room since it was a little bit rusty. Placing the books, which were mainly mystery novels and a few books about animals as well as plants, and the bags of blood on the dresser. . .

Elizabeth found herself staring at an old jewelry box as she tried to open it. . .

DSC00004a.JPG

Frowning to see that it was locked and needed a key, she didn't want to give up so easily. She had picked up the old box and shaked it, not hearing a lot of noise. So, she guessed there was just one thing inside the box.

Strangely, Elizabeth had felt drawn to the box and mainly what was inside it. The same necklace from her flashback was inside, but she didn't know anything about that really. Nor who Amylynn was, besides the fact that she looked almost like Elizabeth. Besides the fact that she was a lady and quite beautiful with a scar across her neck. While Elizabeth was a Newblood, dressed in old clothing with stained blood on it and a few wounds on her body from the training... And fighting too. Laying on the soft bed as she covered up, liking how soft and warm the blankets were as she laid there quietly. Instantly, Elizabeth had chosen this old and not-so-used-or-clean room as her own room. Hoping Nicklaus wouldn't get angry at her, despite that he never mentioned this room. It was, indeed, very hard to find the room in the first place. Sure, it was dusty and old. Yet, the Newborn Vampire didn't seem to care at all about that shockingly. She had brought the box with her, as well as a bag of open blood. . .

A few hours had went by as Elizabeth struggled to open the box, since she didn't have the key, and had drained the three bags of blood already. As she started to tear open the fourth bag of blood and continued to try to open the box, Elizabeth slowly closed her eyes and found herself dozing off quickly by mistake. . .

Nicklaus actually felt rather strange as he had a new way of making a substitute, it was by far the best idea, but it took longer then ever. He just knew that he could use that to see the difference on the rats and maybe he could later find a way to just add some stuff to the cells that seemed to be vital for a vampire. But after four hours of work, he decided to get outside and to enjoy the world that was outside. So he could get her to trust him, he just needed to show her that he meant no harm and he also knew he would never hurt her because she was the spitting image of his AmyLynn. She had been the most amazing person, until she had ditched him before he had been able to remarry her.

He didn't know what had went wrong, searching for her for hours on end.. but she had seemed to vanish into thin air at the 1st year they had been married. He had made sure that their home was finished completely and it had been a surprise from when she came back from her outing with friends. But none of them had returned, her necklace still laying in the box in their room up until this day. Once he hadn't seen her return, he had paced their room. Sleeping at her side so he would have her smell when he slept.

And yet she never had returned, her room remaining untouched as it had been too hard for him to look at it. The memories were just too much, it had been that and the licingroom. But there he had made sure everything remained clear, he just couldn't stand sleeping in the bed without her. And he had pushed it so far to the back of his mind, that he hadn't mentioned that that room wasn't supposed to be entered. He never would have believed she would have found the room, but he was prover wrong when he had walked to the girl.

She was holding the box and she was sleeping peacefully, making her seem so much more like his innocent Amy, making her more beautiful then she had been in that cage. It was then that he looked at her breathing, moving his fingers to the box and gently starting to tug it without waking her. He knew how he did it with Amy and it seemed that it worked on the newborn.

After he had the box, he walked back to the room, moving swiftly and silently. Grabbing the handle and the pausing. In that moment he could feel the emotions well up, he could feel that pain of losing her once more and it took all his strength to even open the door. Mentally he was breaking down as the room was perfect like the moment he left it. The same colors and their smell mixed together into a wonderful perfume. Walking to the desk and placing the box back.

"She didn't know Amy" he whispered before the full weight of the room started to weigh on him. His heart felt heavy and his tears were forming. Moving out of the room as soon as possible and then closing the door and wondering where he left the key. He just stood there, his hand on the handle and a single tear moving its way down his cheek as he closed his eyes to focus.

"...Are you okay, Lady Amylynn--- Oh dear!"

One of the servants at the same party had decided to check on Amylynn, who was lying on the floor with blood everywhere. Luckily, the servant was a human as she quickly tried to help the Vampire. Amylynn, who had wounds covering her body and a deep slash near her neck that was close to her scar, had been coughing violently as she was helped up. She was very weak and ended up falling to the floor, the female human had quickly gasped and hurried towards the party. Amylynn had attempted to write something on the walls with her own blood, trying to tell anyone that happened. Amylynn, in truth, didn't ditch Nicklaus at all. The whole party was planned and the person, whom had harmed her badly with something, had attacked her. She forcefully got up and started to limp towards the party, wishing that Nicklaus was with her. The person who had attempted to harm, and maybe poison her with strange blood, had been quite a shock for the Vampire. She wasn't expecting such a dear friend to betray her so quickly. . .

As soon as Amylynn made it inside, she found herself alone. Maybe they had went searching for her. In the end, Amylynn had attempted to tend to her wounds intill everything inside her started to feel like it was burning due to the strange blood that she was forced to swallow. . .

Elizabeth was still fast asleep, only stirring a little bit as she barely felt the box being taken. On the box itself was claw marks, which was caused by Elizabeth due to wanting to open it so badly. As the dream continued to go on, Elizabeth had started tossing and turning in her sleep despite looking so peaceful. The rest of the dream had ended up fading away before the Newborn could barely tell what was happening. . .

After a few long hours, Elizabeth's eyes fluttered open very slowly as she noticed the box was gone! And she spilled a little bit of blood on the blankets, since she had a bag of blood open before she dozed off. Quickly, she started to look around the room with a worried look that had matched Amylynn's face quite well.

"...T-the...box...!"

Her voice sounded painful and quite weak, barely a whisper or mumble. However, it was her first time speaking since for a while now.It was quite forced, since she did have a bit trouble with speaking. She had sat up in the extremely soft bed and kept on looking around. Suddenly, Elizabeth Hawthorne had started to feel a faint pain near her neck... Where Amylynn's scar would be exactly at as Elizabeth started wincing, gripping it tightly and firmly.

To Nicklaus it was the strangest day in his life, he had ignored that room and first he had found that newborn. The one that looked exactly like his lost love, and the moment she had walked in. She had went into the one room that he wanted to keep the way it was, because it was his only memory that Amylynn had been planning to marry him. Where she had vanished and where he never had found her, he had only heard a human girl say that she had watched her die. That was the only time he had lost control, where he had pushed a human against a wall and where he had turned into monster because the servant hadn't told anyone and not him. Sadly that human would never live to tell what truly had happened. And why she hadn't asked for his help, she was one of the few victims he had ever made.. Not that there were little victims, no he had quite a few after he had lost his beloved.

Even now he felt his throat burn, moving his hand away from the handle and pulling out the key, he still carried her at the same chain as her weddingring. The ring that he hadn't been able to give her, and the one that he carried with him for as long as he could remember. He then use it to lock the room and then walked into the living area. He wanted nothing more then to talk to her about that room, but he watched as she was pulling at her neck.

He moved quickly and then grabbed her hands, gently pulling them away. "Don't do that, you'll only make scars in your neck." He whispered as his gaze was ever so gentle. "Does it hurt that bad? Because I can give you something for the pain. Just don't scratch it, it will only get worse." He said as he looked at her, thinking about a moment ago where he had heard her voice, or was it in his head?

"And please don't take things from that room again." He said, forgetting that the chain was dangling from his neck in that moment. She would clearly be able to see it and it would have been the ring that Amy had wanted, he had created it himself, mixing the two rings she had wanted together. "Would you like to go outside? It might help with the pain.. I knew someone who needed a bit of sunshine, even as a vampire."

"It's true, we're all a little insane.

But it's so clear,

Now that I'm unchained.

Fear is only in our minds,

Taking over all the time.

Fear is only in our minds

but it's taking over all the time.

You poor sweet innocent thing.

Dry your eyes and testify.

You know you live to break me.

Don't deny sweet sacrifice.

One day

I'm gonna forget your name,

And one sweet day,

you're gonna drown in my lost pain.

Fear is only in our minds,

Taking over all the time.

Fear is only in our minds

but it's taking over all the time.

And oh you love to hate me, don't you, honey?

I'm your sacrifice.

I dream in darkness

I sleep to die,

Erase the silence,

Erase my life.

Do you wonder why you hate?

Our burning ashes,

Blacken the day

Are you still too weak to survive your mistakes?

A world of nothingness,

Blow me away.

You know you live to break me.

Don't deny.

Sweet sacrifice...
"

By the looks of it, Elizabeth didn't hear a word of what Nicklaus said. One of the many songs that Amylynn was echoing around the Newborn, as if Amylynn was there singing. . .

Of course, that didn't make any sense since Amy is Elizabeth. The song had started before she had woke up, while feeling herself burning in pain. Of course, Elizabeth was just hearing the song only due to her dream. It was as if the same feeling that Amylynn had felt in her dream.

"...?!"

Elizabeth had quickly looked up at Nicklaus, her eyes wide with fear as she quickly stopped upon feeling his gentle touch. Despite not literally clawing at her neck anymore, Elizabeth had still felt the burning pain intill it slowly started to fade away. Despite his whispering and gentle touch, the dark haired female found herself trembling a little bit. Even though Nicklaus had promised not to harm her, she couldn't help but get scared easily now. Her eyes were still wide as she stared at Nicklaus and then the ring. . .

As she did, it was hard to tell if she was trembling in fear due to the pain or the fact that she was still scared of everything and everyone around her. She didn't utter a single word as she continued to stare at the ring. By the looks of it, she was staring at it with confusion and awe. Unsure of what to do, the female had started to shake and tremble more as tears started to form in her bright eyes. Yet, they didn't run down her cheeks yet. They were threatening her already. . .

It was quite strange and shocking to see that Elizabeth was almost starting to cry suddenly, very strange. . .

The confused and scared Elizabeth didn't know why a sudden wave of sadness washed over her, causing her to get more emotionally upset.

Of course, it was the sight of the ring that started it. Not the fact that she was confused and scared. It was pure sadness that wrapped Elizabeth in a sorrow embrace, she didn't even know why she was slowly about to cry. Quickly, the female had nodded her head in a silent response to Nicklaus. She didn't understand what she did wrong. Of course, the female wasn't expecting the box to be personal to Nicklaus nor the room she had picked as her own. As for her speaking, Elizabeth was now utterly quiet with her emotions. Her bright eyes had sparkled faintly due to the tears as she looked down now in silence. . .

Nicklaus realized that she was freaking out, he didn't know what had brought it up. but he believed that it had to have been the dream, there was not much else that could have triggered such a response. He worried about her and so he moved to sit down and then pulled her against him. Making sure she felt like she could leave as he kept speaking to her, he didn't know what he was saying, but he hoped that his gently voice would calm her down. He didn't know whether it would work but slowly he ended up in humming a song about his beloved. One that she had written down and sang in front of him. It had been the first time that he had ever opened up to those feelings and it was the first time that he didn't cry.

You're too important for anyone

You play the role of all you long to be

But I, I know who you really are

You're the one who cries when you're alone

[Chorus:]

But where will you go

With no one left to save you from yourself

You can't escape

You can't escape

You think that I can't see right through your eyes

Scared to death to face reality

No one seems to hear your hidden cries

You're left to face yourself alone

But where will you go (where will you go)

You can't escape

The truth

I realize you're afraid (I realize)

But you can't abandon everyone

You can't escape

You don't want to escape

I'm so sick of speaking words that no one understands

Is it clear enough that you can't live your whole life all alone?

I can hear you in a whisper

But you can't even hear me screaming

Where will you go (where will you go)

You can't escape

The truth

I realize you're afraid (I realize)

But you can't reject the whole world

You can't escape

You won't escape

You can't escape

You don't want to escape

That was all that he hummed, remembering how his Amy had sang those songs and how he had cried at most of the lyrics. She had been his life and now that she was gone, it was still hard for him. But he was managing, looking at her as he took a deep breath and then smiled at her. "You see, it will all be all right. You're safe now. I'll protect you." he said and then looked at her with a smile. Waiting for her answer as he then leaned his hand to grab a glass of blood and then handed it to her. "Here is something to drink. You'll be fine, just try to relax and tell me what happened all right?"

She was still shaking, her gaze had dropped as she stared down at nothing now. Harsh tears were running down her cheeks ever so slowly as a silent sob escaped from her lips. She didn't like the tears, nor the sudden sadness that started to drown her deeply. She didn't like any of the emotions currently. No, Elizabeth Hawthorne didn't hate them. Hate is a strong word and emotion, it can drive anyone to the point of blind rage. So, without wishing to hate, Elizabeth had just disliked this emotion. It was so sudden, as if it wasn't hers at all.

Her eyes, which were blinded by tears, had went wide when she was pulled close to Nicklaus. Yet, as he spoke to her, the tensing had died down slowly intill she was starting to calm down. Her tears, however, didn't seem to stop as she heard humming from Nicklaus. As if she had no control over her own emotions, the tears that didn't stop. Elizabeth was, indeed, calmed down and no longer tensing in worry and fear. Yet, the endless tears made it look like she was still emotional upset by the dream. First off, Elizabeth didn't know why she was crying in the first place besides being frightened by Nicklaus. No, she had felt the sorrow stab into her as she saw the ring hanging by the chain. The familiar humming, despite never hearing it before, had brought yet another arrow through her. It was more sorrow, yet something else. . .

"You see, it will all be all right. You're safe now. I'll protect you."

Elizabeth had heard Nicklaus say that as she tried to wipe away her tears, sniffling a little bit as she done so. With a shaky hand, the dark haired female had took the glass of blood and started to drink it slowly. Her ever so strong and crazy bloodlust was only at a tiny ease, whenever her emotions start kicking in violently. Like now. She had taken small sips from time to time, as if it was hot and like hot chocolate. Elizabeth had nodded her head a tiny bit, taking another small sip from the glass filled with blood. Minutes of silence passed slowly as Elizabeth didn't know what she should do. The only time she had spoken was when she was looking for the box that stirred and awakened her curiosity and enchanted her gently. . .

It was just like the ring. Instead of curiousity, she had felt her lost sorrow return and stab her right in the back upon seeing the ring hanging around Nicklaus's neck by a chain.

Why?

She had no clue really as she sat there quietly with trembling hands, which held the half empty glass. Elizabeth opened her mouth to speak only a few forced and weak words. . .

"...Scar lady w-was wounded..."

There was a long pause as she remembered the female, Amylynn, having a scar on her neck. She tried to think about of the dream, remembering the human. As well as the attempt to write a message with her own blood. The burning feeling that the female, Amylynn, must have felt like Elizabeth had just felt. Which was the reason why she had clawed at her neck, scared and confused. It wasn't her bloodlust at all, though.

"...w-with a human a-and a bloody message. In a fancy ballroom p-place... A-and a song..."

Elizabeth had taken another sip, starting to shake a little bit now as she tried to remember more of the dream. It wasn't detailed, yet she was trying her best to remember and speak. This was the first time she had spoken with someone else, the other time she was alone and trying to open the box. She had mumbled something weakly about the ring and box. Yet, she had mumbled it so badly that it sounded like she was trying to talk more. Unsure of how Nicklaus would react to all of this, she had tensed up in fear a little bit. It was a shame on how she acted like this, along with talking. It was most likely the man, who had once owned her before Nicklaus came along, that had caused her to be like this completely. It was hard to picture what he had done to her, besides letting her starve so badly. She sniffed again as she sat there, holding an empty glass closely in trembling hands. She was in between states of calming down and being scared now. . .

Nicklaus had looked the girl over, trying to make sure that she was calm and yet never letting go of her, he wanted to make her feel calm. And yet he was stunned to hear her talk, a woman with a scar on her neck? That could only be one, he only had ever seen one woman and that had been Amylynn. He couldn't help but feel rather strange about it all, there was no thing as so many coincidences. It was something that didn't exist in his life as he gently moved to the side and then got up, moving to the bookcase in the livingroom.

"I don't want to leave you, but I want to make sure that I'm certain about a thought."

That was what he said as he leaned to open a cupboard and then pulled out a very old and dusty book. It held drawings he had made of his wife as a vampire. He had always loved her and even had a few pictures in the book. Taking the book and moving it towards the girl. Knowing that it was something that could freak her out, but he had one picture without her face. It had been the draving he had made to find out what the scarring was, but it had been a bad reaction to the venom as a human. He opened the book to the right page as he looked at her.

"Is this the car the woman had? Because then it means that it couldn't have been a human, then it was my wife. Amylynn, she was like me. A vampire and she vanished. I don't know what happened to her."

It was obvious in that moment that Nicklaus felt terrible, that it was hard for him to talk about it, his face showing the pain he felt when he said her name. Making her see that he still loved that woman and that he didn't want to believe that she was dead, even when that was the most rational explanation of the whole story. It was as if he didn't want to give up, like he kept hoping that she would come back to him with a story of what had truly happened and that she still loved him. His mind going over all the moments that he had been with his beloved, and how he always had listened to those stunning songs. In his mind she was a memory that was as clear as the present, as clear as the book he was looking at right now. Everything that she and him had done, were things that he remembered every single day, he could almost smell her. That was how real she still was for him and he would never give up on her.

While Nicklaus was stunned by Elizabeth, she was clinging to him as if he held her life in his very hands. The ironic part was clear as day: Nicklaus does hold Elizabeth's life in his tainted hands. The reason why his hands were 'tainted' was because, well, he was a vampire! After all, they aren't exactly pure beings really. In other words, Vampires were creatures that hunger and kill...

In order to survive, of course.

To Elizabeth, Vampires such as Darius were heartless and she almost found herself scared of those types. Darius was the man who had caged her, the man who owned her before Nicklaus had came. Elizabeth had looked up at Nicklaus quietly, upon noticing that he was pulling away from her and moving to the side... Before getting up. Confusion had swirled around in her eyes slowly, as she held the empty glass in her hands carefully. . .

It was strange enough for Elizabeth. As she watched him get up, a wave of fear and concern washed over the Newblood. A small frown had plastered across her pale and tear-stained face. She didn't want to be alone again. It was hard enough being alone in a cage with little blood for two weeks, which seemed longer to her. Of course, everything that involved the cages was just bad completely.

Yet, as she watched Nicklaus move towards the bookshelf, the concern and fear vanished away quickly. Despite being scared of Nicklaus, due to being in the cages and all of that 'good' stuff, Elizabeth was glad to see that he wasn't leaving her. She did understand that he had work to do with his oh-so-mysterious lab, which Elizabeth sworn not to ever go in. . .

What Elizabeth Hawthorne saw next, the faceless drawing, had nearly made her drop the empty glass as her eyes went wide. She couldn't think at the moment, upon seeing the exact person in her dreams... Well, without a face. But, just by the scar, Elizabeth could faintly tell it was Amylynn. Quickly, she nodded her head without uttering a single word.

Despite being already silent, another heavy and thick layer of silence wrapped around the black haired female as she frowned a little bit upon hearing Nicklaus. Ever so suddenly, another arrow of sorrow and pain stabbed right at Elizabeth as she slowly hugged her knees and buried her face into them... While on the bed still, the glass had been placed on the wooden nightstand. The sudden emotions were clashing together in her mind, sorrow and pain, like a emotional war.

"...S-sorry..."

Was all Elizabeth had mumbled, feeling the same burning-like pain in her throat again. It still wasn't caused by her bloodlust as she forced herself not to claw at it. Everything was so confused for the poor Newborn. . .

Nicklaus just no longer knew what was real and what wasn't, all he knew was that she somehow had dreams of his beloved. And that this girl could lead him to her once more, at least he hoped that she could do that as he moved to her and pulled her in his arms again. Just to make sure that she couldn't hurt herself anymore, he did t want her to feel the pain as he started to rock her back and forth.

All he could do was be there for her and he hoped that he would be able to help her out, she was still the girl that needed his help. That was why he laid his head on the top of hers. "Shhhh it's okay, it only means that you can tell me what happened to her when you are ready. I didn't mean to make you feel that pain again." He whispered.

"Would you like a bit more blood? Or are you good for now?" He asked in a gentle whisper, hoping to make her forget the pain as he looked at the picture of his beautiful wife. Would he ever see her again?

Elizabeth Hawthorne had continued to feel the endless pain of her throat burning in the inside, which had caused her to be very confused. This wasn't due to her bloodlust, since she did quenched her thirst and hunger an hour ago. However, this time Elizabeth didn't wrap her fragile hands around her neck. Yet, when she did do that the first time, the female wasn't attempting to harm herself. Or anything that came to mind. But, she did claw at her neck like an animal. She was trying to get rid of the pain, wanting to make it go away. . .

Of course, that didn't exactly go well. So, since the lesson was already learned, Elizabeth had only sat in the soft and comfortable bed. She was hugging her knees tightly, breathing in and out a little bit too quickly, while her pale face was buried in her knees. The female with long black hair was caught off guard, upon being pulled back into Nicklaus's strong arms. She had felt safe as the burning sensation in her throat started to die down, as she was rocked back and forth. The older Vampire had calmed down the Newborn as she closed her eyes slowly. . .

"
B-but, its scary. Everything and everyone is scary, but. . ."

Elizabeth had managed to whisper shakily back, despite the fact of his comforting words. She couldn't help but find all of this completely frightening her. Yet, she did know that Nicklaus wasn't trying to harm her yet. Or the fact that he, for now, wasn't scary as she said everyone is. Of course, thats just her not-so-calm and clearly shattering mind talking.

How can she
not say that though?

She was still trying to recover from being in cages for two weeks thanks to Darius, the man whom she both fears and hates. Right now, she was clearly scared at all of this. But, despite her heart-broken words, Elizabeth was feeling calm while being rocked in his arms slowly. . .

As she did close her eyes to finally rest, unknown images had started to flash in her mind quickly. There goes her attempt to rest and relax, as well as calm down more. It was so fast that Elizabeth couldn't handle nor keep up with any of it. She had seen unknown faces, besides seeing Amylynn, as well as equally unfamiliar places. Due to this, her breathing had started to quicken as she was now practically clinging to Nicklaus. The poor Newborn was already mumbling what seemed like to be nonsense out loud, her eyes were squeezed shut tightly as her nonsense continued to increase.

After a long period of time had flew by ever so slowly, Elizabeth was still clinging badly to Nicklaus as the images had stopped in her mind. A few images of places and people had caught her eye... But, she was still spouting out bits and bits of nonsense. However, she had stopped when she felt a extremely painful wave wash over her suddenly. The source of this pain was her bloodlust...

Due to everything happening so painfully fast, Elizabeth had felt very weakened and tired from all of this as she stayed close to Nicklaus as her eyes fluttered open slowly.

"N-no... No more! I d-don't like it, go away! It hurts, why does it h-hurt..."

She was literally freaking out and talking to herself, as if she was in her own little world and barely noticed Nicklaus's question. Which, she didn't mean to not notice Nicklaus whisper so gently to her. She was just freaking out, due to her bloodlust acting up and the insanely fast images in her mind.

It was a shame though...

Just a few minutes ago, despite her words about everything being scary, Elizabeth was calm in his arms. But not, she was back to clinging tightly and in her own little world. She had tried paying attention to Nicklaus and snap out of it. She never did like her bloodlust, nor any of this. There were so many painful questions, than answers for the Newborn. As well as pain. Yet, there was a good part to all of this. She was speaking more, besides the fact that she was still forcing herself to do so a lot. And Darius wasn't there anymore, nor was the cages luckily.

"...need... I n-need it please..."

Elizabeth had pulled away weakly and slowly stood up from the bed as she mumbled painfully. It was nice that she was trying her best and attempting to get it herself, but... She had taken a few small steps towards the nearby nightstand, which was a little far from the bed. Her eyes were weakly trained on the bag that was still filled with blood, her vision being a bit blurry as she started to see blood splattered everywhere. As she took another step closer, she had already started crumbling to the floor like a fragile doll. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back