• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fight or Flight

Ricia

Retired M

(

@Ricia x @InsaneTruth x @Ixidor92)

In That Order for Posting

Intro

In a palace of pure gold, know as the god palace, sat a rather bored god of Chaos and tricks named Kai. He was scanning random worlds when it hit him, the best idea ever! He'd throw six people from different places in one post apocalyptic one and watch them try to survive. Oh what fun it would be, he knew just the people to pick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fight or Flight

A bluenett was cuddled up next to a brown haired elf in some soft furs under the night sky. They were sleeping peacefully together until she felt the person next to her start to fade out. Sage opened her eyes startled when her lover disappeared. Though it didn't take long for her to get poofed too. When she appeared, she looked around to see 6 other people around her. Lucky for her, Kat was among them. She let out a soft sigh, this could only be the work of one person... her one and only patron, Kai.

Rhea had been flying about her world, doing her usual duty as a Dragon Core Doctor. She was in her uniform of white and gold trim. It was a bit uncomfortable for flying clothing, but not awful. However during the flight there was a sudden very extreme flash of light. Next thing she knew, she was standing in a broken over grown ruin of a house. Roen was standing next to her, but he was in his human form instead of dragon. Her eyes were wide with shock as she looked about at the other people.

"
What the hell?!" Roen said out loud. He snapped his head around and took several good ganders at the room.

It was a large room, possibly the remains of a town hall of some kind. The room was crumbling and over grown with vines and moss. The place smelled more like nature then civilization. The roof bore several cracks and breaks. Holes littered the top, letting sunlight drip into the room. The double doors leading out of the room were broken and leaning from the hinges, but for the most part still closed.

Shanai was running through a forest looking for her next meal when there was a flash of light and a tug of magic. She was thrown into the ruin a bit sharply as she had tried to resist. Righting herself and dusting off her leather attire she looked around and then to the screaming male. "My question exactly," she said dryly her three swords all in their places she sighed with releif.

Kat had been confused when his lover looked at him with a bit of fear and he realized right away he was being taken somewhere. He reached out to Sage but was transported to a ruin. "huh?" when he saw sage he smiled and sighed in relief it was good to see at least his lover was safe.

"Crap crap crap crap crap crap CRAP!"

Estenheim crashed through the building window, grabbing the pole nearby and sliding down it. He gathered water below his form from the surrounding precipitation to cushion himself before continuing the dash. Thank god it was raining or he would have already been caught by now. However, as he turned to another alley, he felt the familiar rush of magic over his form . . . but it didn't belong to him. Next thing he knew, he was within some manner of ruined temple. He felt some relief that his pursuers would not be able to follow him here, but now what had he gotten into?

-------------------------------------

The sandbag in front of Sanz continued to take the beating that he had been dishing out for the last hour, he could feel the stitches straining beneath the blows that rained down upon it. With one more strike, they gave way and the bag exploded outward, letting sand fall down in a waterfall from the casing. The man let out a breath and grabbed his vest from where it lay on the bed, sweat covered hi entire form, slowly dripping down. He headed towards the sink--and that was when he felt a rush of wind around him and looked up. There were five other individuals around him, and he was most assuredly NOT at his home anymore

"The hell?"

"Who the hell are you people?!" Roen demanded. The brown haired man grabbed the small girl and pulled her behind him for protection. "Roen.. they are just as confused as us. I don't think they have any answers." Rhea tried to calm her dragon down, though how he ended in his human form, she was not sure. Usually he couldn't attain it without a little help from her.

Sage just kept her mouth shut for the moment before starting to sigh at Kat. She was using gestures. Kat was not originally from her world of-- to her Modern times- but she did happen to know American Sign, which she translated to Common. She had taught Kat, which picked it up quickly. Quicker then he had picked up English. He really sucked at English. They however spoke Common, which even if anyone didn't have it, they now did.

'I think I know what is going on... but at the same time I might not be right.' Sage converse with Kat quietly with her hands.

'This has Kai written on it in pretty letters,' Kat signed back with a smile. He knew Kai well and this wreaked of the god.

"Don't get all agressive kid, we are all in the same boat here." Shania said and examined everyone. The elf and the blue haired boy were making weird gestures and it unnerved her.

"Welcome kiddies," Came a booming voice a bluenet male was sitting up on a ruined collum of some sort. "I randomly chose you all... oh ... hi Shania," Kai waved

"You little brat! I am telling your mother," Shania said she should have known it was him.

"Really? as soon as you get the word to her I'll shake in my designer boots," the boy said "to those who do not know me I am Kai, the god of tricks and chaos. I found myself bored so I wish you all to amuse me... if you do I will send you home... if not you will all die here," it was a bluff he couldn't kill Sage as the brunette was immortal and he would be wise not to kill Shania, but he would if he could.

Sanz's eyes immediately narrowed at the man on the column. He didn't like being toyed with, even less so without any kind of reason.

"You dragged us all from god-knows where . . . because you were bored? What the hell kind of game are you playing?!"

Estenheim ran a hand through his mass of blue hair. The rain had washed any last traces of the black dye that had been present. Out of one life-threatening situation and into another. Well, this was just another Tuesday so far, minus the man calling himself a god. And it seemed that some of the individuals here knew each other. They would be the first ones to talk to.

Sage snickered lightly to herself at the interaction happening. Then she was right. Only she knew the feeling of being randomly poofed places for her gods pleasure and boredom. She would wait to introduce herself when Kai after made his grand escape and finished his speech. She might want to keep the god champion thing on the down low too.

"Take us back right now!" A low growl left Roen's throat. Rhea walked around from Roen to get a good look at this Kai person. He was kind of pretty... like a girl. It was kind of strange. Two of them at the moment knew each other... three of the 7 present seemed vocal. Roen being one of them. Shania... was was named by this god, and the red head who truth be told looked a bit scary. Untamed... So did Shania. It was a beautiful look. A look dragons usually had.

"I brought you all here to alleviate my bordom yes, when my bordom has quelled I will send you all home," Kai said standing up and doing a small spin as if he knew the croud was checking him out, and he looked fabulous as always. "Stay together I only gave you one healer... little dragon core rider," Kai looked at Rhea.

"You strapping young men can protect her right?" he batted his eyes lightly in the direction of Estenheim and Sanz. "Oh and do look out for Shania... her bites worse then her bark, tootles," with that the god vanished without another word.

"Asshole," Shania growled "Look I know that kid and he is serious, and he really is a god,"

"Hey--"

Sanz didn't have a chance to say anything else before the boy disappeared into thin air. His head turned to the woman who spoke afterward

"If that little twerp is a god then I fear for the safety of the multiverse."

Estenheim let out a very audible sigh and stretched his arms

"Well, sounds like we'll be getting to know each other for awhile, might as well get used to it."

"Really? It's a boy?" Sage finally piped up, making an extremely surprised face. "AND a god? That is a bit tacky for my tastes." Sage said happily. Kinda peppy like for the situations.

"How can you be so calm?" Roen snapped at Sage.

"Ooh me?" She asked him innocently, pointing to herself. "As well, we are here and nothing we can really do about then what he says, right?" Sage took several steps to get closer to the others. "Bing! Bing! Bing! Dark blue hair guy has said the first helpful thing of the day!" Sage pointed out sarcastically, insulting everyone else while she was at it.

Roen huffed and puffed his chest out. He didn't act very human. He acted more like an animal in his action.

"So we were pointed out that we only have one healer... so we should proububly stick together. So healer, lets start with you and go around and introduce ourselves and maybe say one thing useful that we can contribute to the survival of this party!" Sage said, putting her fist down in her hand, solidifying the kind-of-sort-of plan.

"Ah... My name is Rhea... Rhea Addore.. and I am a medic from the Dragon Core." Rhea actually came out from behind the man completely and saluted at everyone, standing at attention. "This is my dragon, Roen. My messenger and scout dragon Reyes is.. er.. in my shirt." With that a small fuzzy blue head popped out of Rhea's shirt. The head was no bigger then a large walnut, forest green eyes looked at everyone before he went back into the women's shirt. Rhea was about 5'2 and was not very tall. Her long brown hair was braided in twin tails and goggles laid around her neck. She had long small framed glass.

Shania looked at the blue haired kid who was grating on her nerves very badly. "Yes its a boy... and I'm its aunt," she wasnt particularly proud of that fact but family was family. Sage went on to pester the healer. The elf had been pretty quiet and stood watching sage.

"Whats a dragon core... he doesn't look much like a dragon," Kat said finally speaking in his curiosity.

Estenheim walked up rather casually to the woman who proclaimed the earlier boy to be a deity. His gait was almost to casual, as if it had been practiced for years upon end to not attract any attention

"His Aunt you say? Then perhaps you might be able to tell us what would entertain him precisely?"

Sanz put a hand on his chin, mentally keeping a tab on everyone else but keeping lost in his thoughts. Some manner of being, whether a god or not was up for debate but he was certainly powerful, had dragged him here with a bunch of people. If they failed to entertain him, they would die. What exactly constituted entertainment for this sick individual then? He prayed it wasn't a fight to the death

"Ah... I think I was just ignored..." Sage said laughing lightly. She tried to look amused... but she certainty wasn't.

Roen snorted, Rhea had been ignored as well. He looked at the elf fellow as he seemed to question his dragon hood.

"He um.. he's in his human form right now." Rhea stuttered a bit, but looked to Shania and dark blue haired boy. She was curious as well... she wanted to go home. She had people to tend to. A job.

"What would amuse him? Me ripping out your still beating heart would make him laugh," Shania said dryly. "his humor is not what most find funny, anyway as you heard my names Shania, Everyone introduce yourselves and we an start to try and find a way out,"

"I knew dragons was smart... but to have a form like a human... I'm impressed," the elf grinned "I'm... Kat," the elf said. "Or shadow Kat,"

Estenheim gave out a forced laugh and tipped a non-existent hat to the lady in front of him

"Estenheim at your service, though I would prefer that service to end without a heart-ripping if you would be so kind."

Sanz looked up at the procession and walked into the fold, he had been on the fringe of the group for some time

"Sanz."

Sage clapped her hand lightly, "Sage. Some times called Death. Pleasure to meet everyone, including the lovely ladies. Shadow Kat and I came from the same world, so we already know each other."

"Well that is all fine and dandy..." Roen said with a huff, though his glare lessened when Kat mentioned how impressed he was. In fact he kind of puffed up with pride.

"We should gain a grasp on the area we are in..." Rhea suggested almost a little too quietly. "Scout.. maybe. In groups of course. I can go by air."

"We should not split up," Shania said "in fact... we should all find a place not as delapitated to stay and formulate a plan, my idea of fun is not getting attacked by possible wild animals,"

"Oh... not getting attacked sounds fun" Kat agreed "But so does flying,"

"Which is more important to you then? Flying or not dying? If you seriously need to ponder that question we'll have our hands full with the latter."

Sanz glared at Kat with a look of no-nonsense with the statement. It was usually enough to shut ordinary people up on the spot.

Estenheim ran a hand through his hair and pondered the options in front of him

"Well, not dying is certainly a good place to start, but as to how we go about that is another matter entirely. Looking for a sheltered area does seem like the best course of action for now, though as to where the nearest one is would be anyone's guess right now."

"Ahh.. I don't know. Flying does sound prreeetty cool." Sage chimed in, grinning at Sanz and turning to look at Kat for a moment. She was of course, backing up Kat in the way she knew how.

"Although this area doesn't look prime..." Rhea started, clearing her throat lightly to try and speak a bit more clearly. "This is a shelter. Although a bit over grown and cracked, provides a few of the basic needs such as a roof over our head. I think perhaps out main concern should be food, water and safety."

"we are safe enough," Shania said she had full faith in her ability to kill things she also knew the elf was an assassin and the dragon should be able to fight as well as the red head.

"Flying is so more important," Kat laughed and streached out his arms and pretended to fly around.

Sanz put his hand up to his face and shook his head. How long was survival even possible with a crew like this.

"Right. I'll stay firmly planted on the ground and in reality thank you very much."

Estenheim caught Rhea's comment and turned around to face her

"Well, it looks like the young lady's got quite the head on her shoulders! Well, at least one of those needs should be taken care of for the time being--"

He made a gesture with one of his hands, and immediately droplets of water started to form from the surrounding atmosphere. Within a few seconds, he had an orb of water in his hand that would roughly equate to a mouthful

"--as there is no shortage of water around here."

Sage eye'd Estenheim, narrowing them at him for a moment, her grin shrunk a bit before laughing lightly, "Oh? So we have a finger wriggler in the group?" Sage asked suddenly pulled back into the survival planning conversation. "For food... if we can get it, I can cook it. As it is what I do best. Well I mean... that next to sex."

Rhea flushed, not only at Estenheim's praise, but Sage's lude comment. Was that last part really necessary? "Then.. water is taken care of.. Thank you." She tried to move on, clearing her throat again. "This seems like a large building. Perhaps what remains of a town hall or a court home? Although a town might not be here anymore, it seem there might be something left. There could still be supplies, maps and perhaps canned or non-perishable goods about." Rhea shyly, pushing the bridge of her glasses up her nose.

Sage started to sign to Kat while Rhea was talking, 'If we don't start moving, Kai might force us to move. Keep an ear out for danger.'

"I can hunt," Shania said "I'm good at surviving," she commented and looked at Sage she had notice a shift in her when Estenheim has summoned the water. "and we need not worry about heat." she lifted her hand and summoned a fire that proceeded to dance around her. "I still say we should not stay... If Kai gets bored, its hard to tell what he will throw at us." Shania walked to peek out the building she was barefoot like Kat her footsteps were quiet if you don't look at her you wont know she is moving.

KAt looked at Sage and grinned 'i am looking out, you do know who the girl is that knows Kai? she's got a big name he;ll throw something big because she can take down the small stuff easy. I am not gonna fight her.' he shook his head and laughed before rushing to pounce Sage "Sex sounds fun... but not right now!"

"I'm coming with you."

Sanz spoke up as he walked towards Shania. He needed to see what was in the immediate area, and this woman seemed one of the more responsible of the group to trust his back to. For the time being anyway

Estenheim stroked his chin once and let the water in his hand evaporate harmlessly

"Perhaps we should look to making this location more defensible?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back