• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fight or Flight (InfiniteChaos & JJRose)

Diego watched her, she had many questions. She seemed worried, but he was more worried cause he probably caused it. "Never mind what they said. Go warn everyone." He spoke to her and looked towards where the tribe was. "Like... Now." He finished, and then took off towards the tribe quickly. He wasn't going to have any of this, he left her behind quickly so he can figure out something to do. He needed to stop them now or it was going to be bad, really quickly. 

As he flew up to where he was staying Aunt Clara was in there by surprise, and it made her jump when he landed "I see you're flying now Diego." She stated and Diego just shrugged. "What's wrong?" She asked and Diego looked up at her.

"I... I think I may have lead the humans here." Diego spoke softly. and Aunt Clara tilted her head. "Now now... No reason for that, why do you think?" she asked.

"Well. The humans saw me as I flew over the area where the trees were falling at, and the boss saw me and started to go after me again. I flew straight back to the Tribe instead of flying in a different direction. So now, they're coming here right now." He spoke and started to hurry along with his discussion.

Aunt Clara took the information as she would, but then said "Diego. Don't need to worry. We both can stop them, we know humans better than anyone else here... Not only that, I wanted to talk to you about something..."

It was Diego's turn to tilt his head at Aunt Clara now. "Diego, I want you to take care of Zura for me." She spoke softly, and looked around for a moment and then spoke. "I found her when she was still just a young bird all those years ago... She didn't know what happened, but I did... We were apart of the same tribe, her parents were the leaders of the Tribe, and I was a runner up because I was Zura's Godmother... I became her aunty of course after the incident... But..." Aunt Clara sighed softly and looked at Diego. "I didn't want her knowing, or worrying about Humans because... because her parents were killed by humans." She finished.

Diego looked around for a moment and then watched Aunt Clara again. "She isn't the last one. You're not the last one... Both of you are the last one. There are more of you." She spoke and she took one of his golden feathers and he jumped a bit at the pain. "Ow." 

"Sorry." Aunt Clara spoke and she looked at his feather. "You're not the last ones. There are more. They're not here though." She spoke and sighed. "Take care of her Diego? Take care of Zura for me. I understand you guy's haven't had much to talk about since all of this began, but in the times you guys have. I have been watching, and you two will work out. I promise you that." Diego nodded softly and sighed a little bit. "Now... I think I may ha-" Aunt Clara stopped when she looked over at the entrance to the nest.

Zura nodded to Diego she didn't need to be told twice. The beautiful macaw fluttered into the air over the treetops that she called her home, that so many called home. The birds in the tribe were peaceful, none of them knew of the danger, some barely understood it. Right now even, they were chatting harmoniously, pecking at pieces of bark, sharing Brazilian nuts. No notion of how much their world was really falling apart. Zura let out a shrill call, the call no bird wanted to hear on such a beautiful day. "Go, hide! Get away from here!" she cawed loudly to birds she saw flying past.

The birds were confused and frightened, they froze at her calls and fluffed with the idea of danger. "The humans are here, hide yourselves, do not let them see you. Any of you." Mother birds hugged their little ones close and quickly tucked them into nests. Larger birds shielded themselves in the leaves. Zura surveyed them, to be sure that no feather or beak could be seen before flying off to her own nest.

Diego looked at Aunt Clara quickly and said "What do we need to do?" He asked. "Fight back..." she responded quickly and she took flight out of the nest, and Diego soon followed. He flew into the air, heading towards Zura and Aunt Clara took to more of the other side and looked for birds who wouldn't be afraid to fight back. There would've been plenty. 

Diego flew up to Zura rather quickly, stopping right in front of her and said "Don't let them hide, Have then fight back..." He looked towards where they were coming from "If they're going to take our home, we won't let them." He said and then took off past her, towards where they were coming from. 

Zura placed her eyes on the bird in confusion. Fight? They were birds, natural prey animals they could not fight. But even now as Clara rallied some of the tribe up she could see a gleam of hope in every birds eye. She was stunned and looked back to Diego "How can we fight them? We aren't leopards we have no strength or teeth. What can we use against them?" He was right, they couldn't take their home, it was all they had left all they would ever have left if the entire jungle was torn down. She would not let that happen. She took off after him watching the birds take flight behind her. She could be leading them to death, she glanced behind her each bird filled with determination, at least they would die protecting their home 

(Happy Thanksgiving!)

"We have the brains." Diego stated with a smirk and looked "If you think you're not up for it. Let me lead." He stated pretty sternly. Taking charge over her, probably something she wasn't going to be used to. But he was proven to do it anyways. Prove the odds against her, and stop everything... even their tribe from being destroyed. He hoped anyways...
He took flight before she could even respond to him about leading and started flying towards the gathering birds, ready to give them something to root for, their pride, and their home.

Zuramae flapped and listened to his words, they angered her. He was an outsider, a foreigner who for all she knew was the reason the humans were this close to her home. Her eyes narrowed and she flew after the bird with his words, she swooped in front of him and clicked her beak "Who do you think you are?" she blurted out, she had been given leadership of the tribe at a younger age and the responsibility wore on her at times but she would never tell that to a stranger or give her tribe to someone they didn't know. "My tribe, is just that, mine. I welcomed you here so you could get better, looks like you're fine now so maybe you should just leave. Fly back to your precious home and leave me to save mine." Zura soared to her frightened tribe, they clung to their loved ones like the world would end at any moment. 

"My friends! Our home has been besieged by a new threat, for months they have taken your homes, your families, the very lives you have built. But still here you stand, a flame still burning in your hearts, they have not taken your courage. So I ask of you, everyone of this tribe whether family or friend or refugee, to stand tall, stand proud. We will not let them take our home, we will not let them take our family, or our courage. We must fight, we must defend the very trees we stand on, who here can say they have the courage to do this?" 

None of her tribe spoke, their faces mirrored her own thoughts, how could they fight them? They were prey by nature, what chance could they have against creatures that could destroy the trees? 

A childhood friend of Zura's, a scarlet macaw took flight in the air cawing as he flapped his beautiful wings, a moment passed and another followed suit, and then another, and then another until every bird fluttered in the wind their caws almost a symphonic battle cry. Zura smiled proudly her heart swelling as she took flight with her tribe, maybe just maybe they could actually do this.

Diego watched her, as she stopped him and gave him off some words of her own. She has no experience with them, but he does. Yet she doesn't want to give up just for a few moments just to let him deal with the issue? Fine. He narrowed his eyes at her and then spoke up "Fine then. If you want to be that way, then don't come to me when you lose your home." He responded and then swiftly took off away from her, and away from the tribe, more importantly, he flew towards where the humans were coming from. All he had to really do was switch directions on them, although that probably won't help at this point if they spot her. 

He flew down closer to the ground and then flew right towards a few humans before taking back up into the air and continuing, their shouts to get people to turn around were barely heard and the two that spotted them went onto going after him instead. Just a few less they had to deal with.

Zuramae started giving orders to her tribe, the fledglings still needed to be protected. Any mother was told to stay back with a few guards to keep the young calm, they didn't want to alert them of any danger and have them falling off the trees in a panic. The elder birds and the wounded were told to remain in their nests they would do no good in a mission such as this. She divided the rest of her birds into two groups, one to survey where the humans were camped and the other to take on the patrol of humans heading this way. 

Zura looked around her home before taking off, she could sense how unsure the other's were as they flew behind her but their determination to protect the tribe reigned over any other emotion. The patrol wasn't hard to spot at this height, they were scattered about the trees screaming and searching, these creatures as big as they were, were not very bright. Zura glided to the side and dove towards the forest floor past a few of the humans, the yells of the humans reached her and she could feel the air move as they swiped at her white form. Zura could not understand their language but it wasn't hard to decipher what they were trying to accomplish, a few of her birds flew at the other humans and led them away from the tree but the majority were now focused on Zura. The humans left the the chase of her birds and all came at her, she didn't understand what did they want? "Fly Zura, away from the tree!" Zuramae didn't look to see who had spoken, she flapped with earnest and hightailed it out of there. She didn't look behind her, she didn't think to tell the others to flee."Oh blessed me, what have you gotten yourself into Zura."

(Sorry. xD I'm having these moments of just no-motivation to do ANYTHING. hah...)

Diego kept flying, flying away he finally turned directions going more north now instead of east away from the tribe, he was almost going a northwest-ish path. He just couldn't stand it right now, he was attempting to help out, and they're probably going to lose everything, because of him, and also because she couldn't let someone take control for a few moments to save the tribe...

A few of the birds that Zura managed to get to rally up started going after the humans, some were hit by objects the humans threw and hit the ground hard, others managed to attack the humans themselves to get them to back off, but it simply was not enough to get them to stop moving as they found their home tree, and saw it rich of wood. The leader pointed to it and stated "Tear it to the ground! We could use all of that wood."

Zuramae could feel the the humans behind her, chasing her with ill intentions. She zig-zagged through the trees and foliage desperate to protect her home from these savages, she didn't understand what they wanted, what they were doing but she knew stopping to ask wasn't on the list of her plans. Rocks and sticks zoomed past her wings, they were trying to dislodge her from the air it only made the birds pace grow faster. 

There was a time when Zura could not stay airborne for more than a minute at a time, when she was a young fledgling flying had been a difficult concept to grasp. She tried for weeks at a time sometimes without eating to master the art of flight, the without eating part usually earned her a few sharp pecks from Auntie but nevertheless she was desperate to learn. 

One day, it finally happened. The weather was stormy, everyone had bedded down in their nests for the day but Zura had climbed to the top of the home tree, today was the day she would fly. Thunder rumbled the jungle, lightning pierced the sky and rain poured from the clouds, the little bird shivered with nervous excitement resisting the urge to look below. Birds who had seen the little one climb the tree now flocked below with fear "Zura get down from there?"

"Heavens above, she'll be killed!"

"Zura what are you doing!?" 

She couldn't hear them over the storm, gathering the last of her courage she made a running leap. She fell. 

The air whooshed by with splashes of green as the bird plummeted to the ground, "You are a mighty bird Zuramae, let the jungle fear your strength." 

Her wings extended and Zura soared with a gust of wind into the air, the birds below didn't dare fly into the storm but there were cheers and sighs of relief. To this day she was the fastest bird of the tribe, she wasn't sure where she had heard those words of wisdom but they had helped her along on more than one occasion. Now as she flapped through the jungle she recited the words to herself again, the white macaw flipped up towards the sky just as a rock hit her in the back. Zura gasped in pain and spiraled down through the brambles into a nearby bush.

Not far from where Zura landed some explosions could be heard, distant as they were the ground shook lightly as the humans made their way towards the tribe tree and the tree started to buckle under it's own weight. They had exploded a side of the tree, which had weakened the tree to the point where it could not stand under it's weight and was starting to collapse. Many birds were taking off from the tree, but for some it was too late as they went with the tree to the ground... being killed on impact...

Diego heard the explosions and looked back to see the tree falling. He gasped on his own, watching the tree fall, seeing the birds flying out... wondering if everyone survived. He growled to himself before he started flying towards it, and then with one hard flap, and another one, followed by more he began to fly across the sky, getting up to his record speed, becoming a biological missile of sorts as he made his way back to the area.

Diego slowed down before making it all the way over, some though he was Zura and was coming to him, but after realizing it was him, they still stayed with him. He was pretty much comfort now to a few birds. He tried his best to get to the tree and looking around as some humans began to circle the large mass slowly. He was looking frantically trying to find birds that may be alive... One scene almost left him in tears as he landed near two birds, obviously a couple of sorts, but just next to one of the bird was an uncracked egg. The parents were dead, but the egg was okay. He looked down at it before looking up at the sky shaking his head before grabbing the egg and taking off into the sky. He handed it to a bird of the same species as the parents and told the bird "Take it away from here, far away... Head to the closest tribe." He spoke softly before looking around at the other birds "Everyone! Head to the nearest tribe. Seek shelter... tell them what happened." He spoke with a sigh and looked around... where is Zura?

Zura's world was blurred and spinning, she could vaguely hear explosions all around her and feel the ground vibrate underneath her. The pain she felt in her back was so severe, it felt like she'd never be able to move again. But she had too, even know she could hear them, her tribe, cawing, screaming, dying. The humans pursuing her were close, they would soon find her and it would all be over, all it would take was one look through the brush to see the glint of her gold feathering. 

What are you, Zura? A coward? A quitter? Get up. 

She didn't want to move, the slightest twitch of her wing sent piercing pain down her spine and made her sight even dizzier. 

I said get up, Zuramae! No leader of the tribe has chosen to lay down and die. You will get up! 

"Maybe I want to die." The bird murmured softly. 

Then you are no better than a common mouse. You have some nerve calling yourself a leader, letting your tribe die. Was it worth it? Any of it? What will they all say, that their leader abandoned them when they needed you the most, that you chose the easy way out? If you think you could be called a leader by laying on the ground, think again. Get UP!

She didn't move, she could see the humans now and they could see her. One pointed and shouted in his odd language, the bird closed her eyes and waited for death. 

She felt them, she felt wind along her feathers and she was lifted up, she felt a shot of pain when they poked her spine. A sqwack escaped her and they began shouting all over again, she didn't dare open her eyes to see what was happening. 

The human carrying her walked over to another and shoved their prize into a sack, when Zuramae finally dared to steal a peek her sight was only met with darkness. 

Diego looked around a bit, wondering where she might've been. He began to check the tree first, searching at what once was the top of the tree now laying on the ground. He looked around carefully, no humans have reached the part of the tree yet, but that doesn't mean they will be there soon. As he looked he saw another bird on the ground. He flew over quickly and saw who it was. It was Aunt Clara, who was having a hard time breathing when he arrived.

Aunt Clara looked over when she saw Diego and smiled softly. "Ahh... I knew One of you would find me before I left." She spoke softly.

"No, no. Don't even say that." Diego spoke as he looked her over lightly for a moment.

Aunt Clara shook her head. "No.. It's too late for me. Help out Zura. Help out the tribe." She spoke and smiled at Diego.

Diego still shook his head at her and said "No. You're going to make it, and you're going to come with me." He spoke and then worked to try to get her up right so he can bring her to the closest tribe.

Aunt Clara swatted at his head to the best she could to keep him away "No Diego... Leave me be. Take care of Zura... I told you that. remember? Take care of her."

Diego shook his head again. He has gotten to know Aunt Clara over time, and was becoming almost like the family he didn't have, and now he was loosing her. How would Zura feel if her only family was lost too... He finally sighed and nodded to her.

Aunt Clara smiled at him lightly and nodded back "Take care of Zura for me." she spoke softly and Diego nodded before he lifted into the air and watch her as she took her final breaths... He flew away a few moments after she was no longer breathing...

Now it's become personal...

He looked, and looked. For the next half hour trying to find Zura, anything that may lead him to Zura... He needed to find her, and he was going too. The one clue he found finally shed light on where she might've been. There was one golden feather on the ground, closer to where the humans were before he left laying on the ground near a bush. With footprints all over it he growled lightly and took off into the sky, holding the feather as he flew towards the camp. It's time to finish this.

The beautiful bird was in too much pain to fully comprehend what was really happening, she could hear the muffled voices of the humans through the sack but she still could not pick up on their language. She was sure that she had gone blind, she almost hoped that is what happened the latter conclusion that floated in her mind was that she was to become food for these primates. This line of thinking gave the macaw a nauseous feeling atop her pain so she suppressed the rest of her thoughts. 

"What are we even doing here, trudging through this godforsaken jungle? All because of what? A glittery bird?"

"This 'glittery bird' is worth more than your weight in pesos, my friend. And you weigh a lot." 

"Yea, and do you really think the boss is gonna share all that money with us? We're out here doing all the heavy lifting, chopping trees, catching birds and what do we have to show for it? Not a damn cent."

"Aw, shut up Ricardo. All you've done is complain since we took this job, just a few more days and we'll be on a beach somewhere sipping on mojitos with all the girls you can dream of." The man waggled his eyebrows resulting in an eye roll and a head shake from his companion, "Whatever you say."

Explosions and shouts from the other men continued around them as they trekked to their base camp, the noises did not phase the men in the slightest. Zura heard them, she felt each vibration that followed the explosions, heard each bird that cawed over a lost loved one. It was a horrid nightmare come to life.  

Workers of all different ethnicities raced around the base to complete their orders for the day, they feared the consequences if they didn't or if they were not carried out perfectly. 

The two men arrived and immediately went to the head honchos tent, their quarry in hand. 

"Aye boss, we got a little present for you!"

"hmm?" The Boss perked up turning around to see the two men, one of which was holding a bag and he smirked. "Better not be a painted bird or you guys will be strangled." He spoke up as he swiped the bag from their hands and then placed the bag into a cage and dumped the contents out of the cage and then quickly shut said cage door. 

The Boss studied the bird carefully, he smirked quite a bit "Authentic, Good job." He spoke and then he narrowed his eyes at the bird once more. "Just one problem...." He spoke and then looked back at the two men "This is still a different bird... He is still out there..." He grinned and chuckled in an devilish way. "Bet you anything this little bird is giving us a second one on the way." 

On the way he certainly was, Suddenly men began to speak up and a sudden explosion occurred within the camp, causing the boss to growl "I think he's here." He said, as he heard a Macaw, cawing away.

Zura felt herself to be tossed around in the bag only contributing to her pain and confusion, her body hit hard ground and light blazed itself into her eyes. The voices were no longer muffled and explosions rained on from all sides. When the females eyes finally adjusted she was able to stare in horror at the humans crowding around her cage. Having never been contained in such a way gave Zura's heart more of a rush. What was going on? As much as she wanted to try and communicate, to tell them to stop she knew it would be of no use. The macaw lifted her feathers and fluttered lightly, the cage was barely big enough for her to stretch a wing halfway. She needed to get out of here. 

"Come on Zuramae, think" 

Zura had never been a bird to panic, but at this moment she was terrified, as much for herself as she was for her tribe. From her cage she could see humans running about, chopping woods and stoking flames. The fumes were almost too much to handle. They were building but she couldn't see what the constructs were, houses maybe? Overhead birds fluttered and squawked calling to their loved ones and fleeing the chaos, she could only hope her tribe members were among them. 

As Diego flew around the camp site, he looked for the tent that could house Zura. He tried as best as he could, looking at a few of them carefully without anyone trying to get him. 

Once he saw the boss walk out of a tent they both made eye contact. The boss stared down Diego and growled at him... Diego had all the information he needed. Zura was there. He smirked and flew off in another direction.
"Get me that bird!" The boss yelled out. His voice echoed around, making almost all the workers stop and look towards Diego going away from them. He could only hope Zura was okay as he flew off to an old location he spotted that housed a little bit of unused dynamite. He landed near the pile and grabbed a stick before sighing, hoping this would work. The fuse was long... hopefully long enough. This was going to really test 15 seconds maybe? Start it the second you get into the tent... 

Diego sighed once more, "Now or never..." He spoke and looked down at the dynamite stick "For Clara... for Zura.... For the tribe!" 

He shot off into the air and took off backtowards the camp, a match at the ready and a dynamite stick in his talon as he flew quickly over the camp and flew directly into the tent. He took a circle around inside the tent to figure out his berings, and then landed quickly next to Zura's cage. He looked at the entrance just as one of the boss's men came in and he flicked the match and put it to the fuse of the dynamite stick.
The one man quickly freaked out and jumped out of the tent rather quickly, Diego thought maybe he light him on fire and he smirked... He looked back to Zura with a calm expression.. He plucked a few feathers out quickly and tossed them into the air and then quickly unlocked the slide door to get Zura out. "Let's go! We have zero time!"

Zura was beginning to be able and control her body, the pain was still very evident but her vision was not blurred and she was able to stand with a few wobbles, there were shouts, booms and a voice? Her captors left the bird alone and went in search of something, she was so very confused and her confusion worsened when she saw what looked like a macaw carrying a bundle in it's talons. Diego? Whatever the bird was carrying the men were instantly afraid and dove away from him, what on Earth, did he just light it on fire? Zura flapped her wings in fear, "You? What, what is going on?' she asked, her speech still groggy and slurred. Her cage opened and instead of leaving she backed away from him in fear. She was unaware of the danger that stick of dynamite posed, at the moment he looked equal in danger to the humans, she wasn't sure who to trust at this point. "I do not understand."

It was then she realized the fuse attached to the red bundle, it was growing shorter and shorter as they stood here, her head tilted at the curious object until one of the humans returned "Hurry, get the birds!" Zuramae squawked loudly and took flight towards the human, she dug her long talons into his face scratching at his eyes repeatedly. The man let out an agonizing scream and swatted her away, the bird did not relent. Zura pecked and clawed mercilessly "This. Is. For. My. Tribe!" The human fled his hands covering his bloodied face, she turned to Diego panting lightly from the exertion "Well? What are we waiting for?' Zuramae wasted no time after in flapping her wings and reaching for the sky. 

Diego listened to her words, and looked down at the dynamite stick on the ground and then he looked at the door of the tent as the boss came in. He quickly spread his wings and took to the sky as the human growled at him, and then looked at the Dynamite stick on the ground and he widened his eyes. "Oh no..." 

Diego heard the loud explosion as he was catching up to Zura. Eventually getting level with her and flying by her right side. He looked back at the human's camp site and smirked a bit before continuing on. "The tribe went to the closest tribe to the west." He stated to them and began to bank towards the west over her and ended up on her left side now. He sighed as they began to fly over home tree seeing if anyone was still there. No one was. There was no movement. 

He had to look away from it or else he would get upset. This was all his fault... and as he looked up at Zura, he wondered if she was going to blame it on him. If she was going to be upset at him because of all of this. He tried to make it better for them, especially for her... But she doesn't even know Aunt Clara is gone yet, and he is now the only family she has left. 

Zura flinched as the explosion rebounded and surged through the air, she puffed her milky white feathers and dared not look at the carnage below. She felt Diego's beating wings beside her and barely heard his words over the rumbling, why had her tribe fled so far? 

Coming over the bulk of the dense forest the bird immediately saw why, there was a massive dent in the jungle from where her home tree once stood. Smoke rose from the edges and humans swarmed beating at the bark like parasites out for blood. The sight made her sick. 

Her flight faltered at the sight of her beloved home, members of her tribe lay dead upon the ground, the branches that had housed many young lay broken and splintered. 

Without warning a sorrowful wail arose from the depths of Zuramaes body, her home, the place she had grown and learned to fly, to hunt. Everything was gone. She kept her gaze in the sky ahead unable to stomach the sight below. 

The tribe in the West had always welcomed Zura and her family, now their own hometree was flooded with caws and Crys from her birds and confusion and shock from the other tribe. 

Zuras tribe was relieved to see her in one piece, the leader came forward a stunning and quite large Blue and Macaw. "Zuramae, what has happened. Why have you fled here?" 

Zura could barely form the words she needed to explain, "Dukino, there are creatures, larger than us, larger and more dangerous than any leopard I have seen. They come with a blood lust, they have burned my beautiful home tree. They have killed my people, for what I do not know but we have fled here to not only seek shelter but to warn you all" 

The male macaw looked quite distressed at her news but nodded his head "Come to my nest with your mate, we we shall speak there."  Zura held confusion for a moment before remembering Diego beside her, the bird fluffed and shook her head "He is not- Dukino have you seen my Auntie, she must have flown here, where is she?" 

Diego flew with her all the way to the tribe, allowing her to lead the way. He looked over at her quite often and then looking back, wishing he could have done more to save them. Once they got to the second tribe he landed next to her, a little bit closer than usual. Almost protective like, and he watched the two talk, the Male macaw mentioned him being her mate and he shook her head talking at the same time he did (He is not-)"Oh no." But he stopped when she continued and he looked down, having to tell her the news...

He looked over at the Male and then at Zura before putting his wing on her "Zura..." He spoke lightly, hoping that what he just did, putting his wing on her, and speaking her name softly was the only thing he needed to say to tell her that the worst happened...

Zuramae was stopped by Diego and confusion filled her, why did he look so sad? His wing extended and was placed upon her, her eyes flickered to it and she adjusted her self away from it. What was he doing? Dukino had the same odd expression but turned to Zura "I have not seen dear Clara, she might be tending to some of your tribe. Or maybe has not yet arrived. I know a few set out to search for survivors just before you arrived." 

Zuramae nodded feeling very anxious, she needed to find her. "I shall look around for her, I must send some of my people out to...Look for a new home tree." The macaw closed her eyes in sorrow, it was difficult for tribes to find new places to call home especially when they had resided in such a tree for many generations. "I do not wish to impose on you Dukino." 

"Nonsense my dear Zuramae, this is a most unfortunate situation. We just stick together. I need to alert my mate and my people if the creatures. Come to my nest when your are ready." He lifted his blue wings and flapped into the air, once he was gone Zura looked to Diego and sighed. "I guess I should thank you for helping my people, and saving my life." She scratched at the wood below her and looked at him curiously. "Why did you?" 

Diego sighed when she wouldn't give him the chance to talk at first. He allowed the two to have their conversation, and then once the blue macaw was gone, and Zura thanked him he began to speak. 

"First off... you're welcome, and about that... you see... Clara was attempting to save others as the tree was coming down." He started going a little slower now and speaking clearly. "She told me to take care of you. To take care of the tribe with you." He spoke a little bit and then finished off "that's why I returned. And helped out."

Zura processed his words carefully, not fully understanding the extent of them, she was still under the impression that her Aunt was alive. "To take care of me? What are you talking about? What are you saying?" He had come to help because Auntie had told him too? Why didn't she come, why didn't she help. It was like ripping a beetle from a small babies mouth, her stomach dropped to her talons and she felt her world go slightly fuzzy. No, no it couldn't be true, that wasn't what he was saying. Was it? Auntie was fine she couldn't have...

Her head swiveled around her, like she was finally taking in her surroundings, Clara wasn't here, and she never would be again. There would be no more of her crazy babbling, no more of her prodding for Zura to find a mate, no more evening flights or deep conversations. Zura was now completely alone.  She didn't have the words to describe her feelings at this moment, but she was feeling every bit of sadness and lonliness. "I am, glad you were with her, in her last moments." She was guilty, she should have been there, to protect her or to at least say goodbye. "She must have trusted you very much, to say such a thing. Perhaps my own trust had been misplaced." Zura did not want to break down here, not in front of her people, they needed all the strength she had left. Fluttering her wings she lifted her body into the air and looked through the branches of the tree, "I must speak with Dukino."

Diego watched her and listened, he waited a moment. She had to of been thinking, and she did finally figure out what he was saying to her. He nodded to her and then watched her lift into the sky. Also nodded a response with her and then lifted himself into the air allowing her to go first. "After you." He spoke softly. He began to wonder if anything was going to happen between the two. I mean, for sure something would happen?

He was gone from the zoo, this is his new home now, no matter what he though.He would honour Clara's words to take care of her. Even if she didn't like it or not. It was what he was told to do, and he was going to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back