• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fight of the Nightmare King (closed)

Zer0

Haiku Hitman

final-fantasy-xiv-online_00448807.jpg
- Chapter I: Spellblades of Avalin -

"Long ago when the world was still torn by the war between the titans and the gods, a powerful titan named, Magnus, crossed over the Void and came into the mortal realm seeking dominion over the mortal races.

Magnus was a malicious spirit of fire cloaked in shadow, who exuded a breath of death and decay. When it seemed that all hope was lost, a group of brave heroes led by a paladin of the Light fought Magnus for ten days and ten nights without rest until they smote the titan and cast his body down into the depths of the earth, trapping him inside a powerful arcane seal."

Now, five hundred years have passed, and peace has reigned since the gods imprisoned the titans in the depths of the sea. But rumors have reached the ear of King Leo of Avalin that mysterious happenings have been plaguing the villages in the north for the past three weeks. . .

In response to this, he is sending Captain Gruff, a spellblade of the Royal guard to investigate the matter together with a small group of soldiers. One of which is the main character.

Who shall be our main character?

*Readers, please pick one of the two, and create his/her race, combat class, and his/her elemental magic type.

> Hero Coal, __

> Heroine Alexis, __

The Gameplay

Rules:

1. The Author writes the scene, but the Readers write the options which can be any brief narration and speech. These options dictates the character's next move or words. If a fellow Reader likes another's post, he or she can copy and repost it, and even add or subtract from it without the need to ask permission.

This is the format:

> Lara walked on tip-toe across the edge of the roof, gazing at the stars and humming a snazzy tune, "Laundry paundry all conundry, pell mell swing a bell, jazz up snazzy wazzy dondry~"

OR​

> Heroine Alexis, human lancer, fire magic.

2. The author will choose the next action from all the Reader's options.

3. No coarse language. PG13 Romance.

Let us begin!

> Heroine Alexis, half-giant half-human defender/shieldperson, water magic.

I don't know what races are available, or whether the element types are going to be air, earth, fire, water. But I'll stick by this, unless something wholly better comes up or it is disallowed.

Fezzes said:
> Heroine Alexis, half-giant half-human defender/shieldperson, water magic.
I don't know what races are available, or whether the element types are going to be air, earth, fire, water. But I'll stick by this, unless something wholly better comes up or it is disallowed.
(OOC: It's fine, I purposely left that blank so that Readers are free to create whatever they want.)

Last edited by a moderator:
- Chapter I: The Spellblades of Avalin -

Captain Gruff and the rest of the spell blades were assembled outside the city gates of Avalin mounted on light horses that swished their tails or grazed peacefully on scrubs of grass.

They were ten all in all. There was Captain Gruff, Burke, and Boom the lancers, all wind mages; Lydia and Liam the mounted archers and both fire mages; Seth and Samantha who bore the sword and shield, both lightning mages; Anna the navigator who was also their healer, who commanded Light magic; and Coal the scout and diplomat, adept at dark magic.

"That girl is always late . . ." said Captain Gruff impatiently.

"There's quite a crowd today because of the harvest festival," said Anna, "she may have some trouble getting around."

In the distance a towering figure clad in heavy armor and bearing a shield too heavy for any man to carry was parting the crowd in the market place very gently as she made her way to the rest of the spellblades.

"Alright, Alexis?" greeted Coal, winking. "You didn't accidentally squish someone's chicken, did you?"

>__

>Chuckle lightheartedly then apologize for being late.

(Not sure exactly what to put here own personal idiocy, no fault of the writer so I'm gonna go with ma'gut.)

F566vTf.jpg

- Chapter I: The Spellblades of Avalin -

Alexis, the half-giantess chuckled lightly. "Sorry for being late, Captain." she said cheerfully, saluting to Gruff as the rest of the spellblades greeted her, "got held up between two elderly who were going down the market stairs."

Alexis was twice as tall as an ordinary man and three times as big. She wore huge greaves as big as baby seals and her hands were bigger than dinner plates. She had long red hair tied up in a braid of thick leather, tanned, slightly freckled skin, warm brown eyes and a good-natured expression. Apart from the shield on her back, she carried a spear and a backpack big enough to fit little children.

"Alexis, Shield Maiden of Avalin, ready for action!"

"Good." said Gruff briskly. "Let's ride!" and with a flick of the reigns the party was off to the north, Alexis, who was too big for any horse, tromped easily behind them, jogging one step for every three of the horses.

They travelled for a while through little villages and farmland, stopping only once for lunch. Then in the afternoon, they reached the outskirts of Ember Forest.

"Halt." said Captain Gruff, looking ahead of them and into the trees. "Trolls have recently passed through here . . . Coal, scout ahead."

"Aye, aye, sir."

>__

Zer0 said:
(OOC: Anything, like, "I'll go with him." or "Hark! Dragon!")
(OOC: Okay, that works, I guess. You should try and get an OOC tab.)

Any mix of these.

> Tell Coal not to get eaten.

> Look up into the sky for a bit.

> Mumble something about forests and tight spaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back