• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom FFTA2 RP - Clan Cedar

Sera Everwood
Sera watched as Stora wandered back out through the hole she created in the wall following the distant echo of a voice from the other room. She brushed a strand of her hair from her face. Despite all the chaos that seemed to be occuring around them she was feeling quite relaxed and at home. The place really was such a cozy place to be in to her. All they had to do was fix up some stuff and deal with some supposed ghosts, something she wasn't completely convinced even existed. Her hand slipped back, lightly scratching at her chin. I do wonder how it would of felt to be struck by her lightning though... it could be quite... interesting... I mean there are many beasts that can release a similar effect but a full magic spell seems....

Her thoughts suddenly were interrupted The voice reached her ears though she seemed rather puzzled by it, uncertain if it was just a voice that came from her own mind. She tried to speak, unable to do so as she gasped for breath, having her airway restricted as the tendrils tightened around her neck. She shuffled forward a bit, lifting her arms up as if to try to pry off the tendrils only to stop hovering just in front of her neck. A rather strange expression of partial confusion was accompanied by a strange look of enjoyment from it.

Sera stumbled forward, suddenly pushing up against some nearby kitchen utensils causing them to suddenly pushed off from the counter and smack against the ground. She clutched at the counter as her cheeks were light red as she seemed not at all fearful but... enjoying it? She wasn't certain what it was if it was some elaborate spell, some otherworldly being, or her mind playing tricks on her but she didn't in the least bit seem very threatened by what should normally scare most people.

KageYuuki KageYuuki V viska (Possibly might notice)

Stora peeked back over her shoulder when Stan spoke up.
Seeing the faint light at the bottom of the hole move, she knew her torch made its mark.
She gave a content smile and nod to herself in congradulations of a job well done.
She quickly drew her diary from her sleeve to jot down "always bring a torch .. Never know when you'll need it."

Stora felt like she was forgetting something, but couldn't put her finger on just what.
She had gotten the staff and the light down the hole.
What else was there to do.
Stuffing her diary back into her sleeve she scratched the top of her head.
It was then she remembered that her hat was gone.

Stora gave a dissapointed sigh at its realization; She liked that hat.
But her second realization came with a shocked gasp as she remembered just why her hat was gone.
"The ghosts ! Miss Sara!" She blurted as hurried her small body back to the kitchen she had so gracefully discovered.

Arriving just in time to see something rather strange, Stora didn't quite know what to make of it.
Miss Sara looked like she was being choked by a ghost, but didn't seem to mind it.
Raising a very puzzled finger, Stora asked "uh..sh should I come back later?"
Shaking those thoughts off she quickly changed to "No nevermind sorry."

She knew her only way to help meant using a spell.
Stora cringed at the thoght of another magical blunder.
But without time to think of another option, all she could do was point her rod and Sara and the ghost.
With a reluctant groan "Thunder.."
She sent and arcing bolt screeching through the air.

..She only hopped it didn't hurt too bad

The ghost shrieked at the strike of elemental magic, releasing Sera and vanishing from view. Though not before it flooded the room in a thick miasma, threatening to smother the pair of mages while it dissipated. The large whole Stora had put in the wall could be thanked for the quick clearing. What had been left in its wake were four skeletal warriors, brought to life once more through the work of foul magics. One held a mighty greatsword, another a slender katana. The remaining two held mages' staves, already crackling with dark magic.

Hanarei Hanarei V viska

Balvalla shivered. Had it gotten colder all of a sudden? Perhaps her heroic adrenaline was wearing off. Moving towards. the nearby closet door, the young Viera could feel the air getting colder as she approached. Another mystery was hidden behind this door! If this was to be the new Clan Headquarters, then no room could be left unexplored!

The door handle turned, and Balvalla swung the door open. She stood in the doorway, expecting another ghost to leap out at her. Instead, a little girl sat in the center of the room playing with a toy. Balvalla just watched her for a few moments, before speaking up. “Ummm... Do you live her miss?”

The girl didn’t answer as she rose to her feet. She turned slowly, facing the long eared intruder. The little girl had long black hair that fell over her face. Her skin was pale, but seemed to give off a faint glow. The girl smiled, and the door slammed shut behind behind Balvalla, hitting her in the back of the head and sending her tumbling to the ground in front of the little girl.

Balvalla gasped, and tried to get up, but the little girl had placed her foot on the Viera’s back, and apparently had obsurd strength. “H-hey! Let me up! What’re you doing!?”

As Balvalla struggled beneath the small pale foot, the floor began to give off a lavender glow, and a circle of purple light formed around the two. Then, hundreds of ghostly hands rose from the floor inside the circle, grabbing at Balvalla and pulling at her. The sniper squealed and screamed, but the little girl proved too powerful, until she spoke.

“I do hope you hadn’t intended on moving in here, did you? I own this place, and everything, and everyone in it.”

Before Balvalla could respond, it all stopped. The hands, the circle, the little girl, everything had disappeared. “Was this all... fake?” Balvalla asked herself as she stood up, and brushed the obsurd amount of dust off of herself.

Shaken and scarred, Balvalla exited the room, and leaned against a wall. She took a moment to regain herself, trying to figure out what the hell just happened. She didn’t realize a timer on her life was counting down at that very moment.

Stan, the man with the plan and the can do attitude.

"I'M SORRY FOR APOLOGIZING TO MUCH!" the large man thursted forward with his knightsword, putting the zombie to rest. With the enemies now defeated in the skirmish the large man took a moment to regain his breath. "ZOMBIES, I HAD ONLY THOUGHT THAT WE WERE TO FIGHT GHOSTS?" he questioned, not fully certain if Mogwin's words were correct on the matter. In truth, he was beginning to think that this was, indeed, a bad idea...

But firstly, they must find their way out of this place, for if they don't they would surely die!

But they had the judge on their side didn't they? Faint images of the judge giving them the thumbs up appear in his mind, telling them to do their best.

taking a few steps forwards he looked around the corners of the next hall. "I THINK I SEE LIGHT DOWN THIS WAY, PERCHANCE IT IS OUR EXIT?" the man asked, peering down the leftwards way, the torch stuck upon his shoulder still burning brightly.

Sera Everwood

Sera gasped for breath keeping her rather... neutral... expression about her as Stora slipped into the room after taking care of other business. She could heard her question her well being. It wasn't as if she could answer even if she tried at that point. As... oddly exhilarating as it was she much preferred to focus on the business at hand... for now. She watched her companion from the corner of her eye as she shot lightning forward. She felt a zap partially go through her frame as the bolt struck the ghost. The shock sent shivers through her body causing her to gasp out in a rather... unique way. She was taken back by the miasma, covering up her mouth as it rushed through the room, letting out a bit of a cough.

"Ah... tingles..." She spoke out softly as her body shook a little from the after effects of the little taste of lightning that managed to find its way running through her body briefly. As the smoke cleared she looked up to see several skeletons standing before them. She quickly drew her blade, holding it out before her. At least it was something fully physical they were dealing with. She could only assume it had been a ghost that had choked her despite not having got the chance to get a clear look on it.

"So what shall we do? Fight... or try and run to our companions?" She questioned Stora holding her blade up ready to fight. She was more then willing to get involved in a bit of a brawl where she might get a little bit scuffed up... take a bit of a beating... get a little cut up... a little scratched... naturally for research purposes. As willing as she was to fight she had an ally to worry about and a mission to complete.

KageYuuki KageYuuki V viska

Mogwin Ernesto

Mogwin stood outside the new clan headquarters, a small army of contractors behind him. Cleaning and demolition could be so tough. Sure, he hoped to get every gil out of his clan as possible before hiring outside help, but thinking about it a bit harder, he could LOSE money that way. That, and while being self sufficient was great, it was better just to get the place cleaned. Mogwin listened in for a minute, and could still hear sounds within. Violent sounds! Cleaning shouldn't be violent! Oh wait, ghosts, that was right.

"Well, my fine gentlemen, kupo, might be a minute or two until we're ready for you. I maaay have forgotten a small detail. Well, I'll go take care of it. Go ahead, take lunch early! And don't mind me. "

Mogwin made his way to the door, enthusiastically opening it with his foot.

"Mogwin's here! How goes cleaning? .... Hello?"

Mogwin stroked his whiskers. Oh yeah, ghost. He loaded his cannon, taking several seconds to prime it, and fit the large canon ball inside.

It sure was dark inside. They'd have to open the windows more. Looking at the dirt, and remembering the crew outside, Mogwin decided that could wait. He swore he heard voices from the kitchen. There was the first place to go. Maybe lunch was ready? He was hungry. Walking forward to it, Mogwin managed to miss a step.... a very long step.

"KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPO!"

-Boom-

A crash was heard downstairs as their leader joined them on the hunt... and as his canon went of, sending the moogle into the wall immediately following the floor. In the distance, a zombie could be heard wailing as it fell to pieces, missing its abdomen. Mogwin called out as loud as he could. While not as loud as Stan, he did have some volume for a small moogle.

"Glorious Clan Cedar!!!! Where are you at? Mogwin has joined the hunt!!"

He reloaded his cannon and made his way after the loud voice he could hear that was Stan's. Mogwin practically sprinted after him.

"So... how are you liking the first mission Sir Stan? Oh, Akir, Merryn! Great! Having fun?"

Stora sighed in relief that the bulk of her spell managed to spare the .. Paculeur blue mage.
This relief was short lived however, as skeletons began to rise up in the kitchen.
Stora grimmised in annoyance as yet another ghastly group of enemies had come to play.
"So many undead here."
She wondered to herself out loud as she also wondered if the Moogle she signed on with was that cruel or just that dumb.
Who would buy a place like this?
Those questions would have to wait and the grim dinner guests shambled closer.

Sera had made a good point with her question.
They were assigned to get rid of the undead , but they were also badly outnumbered.
Stora raised her rod to match Seras Stance .
It seemed she was choosing to fight.

When suddenly a familiar voice and a loud bang caught her attention .
With a spark of an idea popping in her head, Stora used the last trick she had up her brightly colored sleeves.
She called out "Blizzard!" As a blast of friddgid air shot from the rods end.
The shambling bone heads quickly became brittle and their ankles began to splinter.

Taking this chance, Stora grabbed Sera's hand and scurried out of the room as fast as her stubby legs could carry her.
With Sera in tow Stora hurried towards the hole that seemed to be at the Phisical and metaphorical center of this hole mess.

As they reached the hole' s rim she again cringed and whimpered "sorry sorry"
Before jumping down into the dark.
She didn't know if it was a good idea. But it was better then just the two of them taking on a ghost army.
She also had a ..'bone' to pick with a certain moogle.

Arik Highwind
As Stan continued his stream of apologies, Arik could only groan and run a scaled hand over her eyes. "Oh, for fuck's sake..." She rested her blade against her shoulder once more. "And you actually trusted the little furball?" The Gria scoffed, looking down the darkened hall. "Can ghosts summon help or some shit? I don't know, you Paladins are supposed to be the experts in dealing with the undead."

And audible smack could be heard as Arik's hand impacted her forehead. "The torch is on that shoulder ya' walking tin can!"

"KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPO!"

The blast of Mogwin's cannon firing echoed through the corridors, loud enough to leave their ears ringing. "The fuck was that!?" Arik started to stride towards the sound before spotting the Moogle running towards them.

"So... how are you liking the first mission, Sir Stan? Oh, Akir, Merryn! Great! Having fun?"

Arik's eye twitched, getting her name wrong here was just adding insult to injury at this point. "It's Arik, you little shit!" She aimed a kick at the fluffball's rump. Her yelling drowned out the sound of Stora and Sera's landing.

Merryn Vermilia
"Fun.. Ha...haha..." There was a dangerous, brittle quality to Merryn's voice and the insincere smile twisting her face. "Oh so much fun! We're so glad you're here so you won't miss out! On the fun. So much fun."

Merryn's head was throbbing and absently she noted that the location of the pain indicated stress rather than illness. Naturally.

"Now that we're all here we should try to wrap this up with some semblance of haste," Perilously close to cracking, Merryn's no-nonsense persona was no firmly back in place. After all emotions weren't for waving about in public, they were to be bottled up and used to fuel resentment and spiteful ambition.

"I don't really know how this works," Merryn continued. "Is there perhaps... some kind of supervising ghost we can speak to? Otherwise I'd imagine we'll have to clear out the remainder seperately and if we take to long they'll start coming back..."

Stan, the guy.

"IN TRUTH I AM NO SKILLED ENOUGH IN THE ARTS TO CONTAIN THE WRATHFUL SPIRITS BEFORE THEY RETURN, I REQUIRE A CERTAIN WEAPON FOR THAT! A HOLY BLADE-" his explanation was ended by a loud Kupo, and a explosion. Indeed that was none other than his friend, the cannon touting pom-pom barer himself.

"MOGWIN! YOU ARE HERE!" Stan called, rushing back to the area with the hole with swiftness not thought possible by a man in such large armor. He came upon the increasing number of people who were falling down to their level. "I THOUGHT YOU WERE ELSEWHERE? WELCOME BACK FRIEND!" he laughed, which echoed throughout the incredibly eerie basement thoroughly.

"STORA! SERA! YOU ARE HERE AS WELL!" he greeted the two others, suddenly noticing they may had taken some cuts from the fall. Rummaging around in his bags he pulled out a few little bandages and began quickly and skillfully treating some of their minor wounds, another suprise given his hands were covered in the black plated gauntlets.

"HAVE NO WORRY! WE ARE TOGETHER AGAIN! WE SHALL NEVER FAIL IF WE ALL STAND AS ONE!" he states, forgetting that they were still lacking one sniper...

"Fun.. Ha...haha..." There was a dangerous, brittle quality to Merryn's voice and the insincere smile twisting her face. "Oh so much fun! We're so glad you're here so you won't miss out! On the fun. So much fun."
"Great!"

Mogwin was grateful to hear laughter in her voice. And here he was worrying his clan would resent them for asking them to clean! Why, this was a green light for more fun missions if this was enjoyable! Hmm... But sending the whole clan to one place? It seemed expensive. If Clan Cedar was going to the best clan, and it was, then it needed to prove it. He'd start sending out smaller groups! His disillusions of grandeur were interrupted by a followup question.

"I don't really know how this works," Merryn continued. "Is there perhaps... some kind of supervising ghost we can speak to? Otherwise I'd imagine we'll have to clear out the remainder seperately and if we take to long they'll start coming back..."

"Oh? Kupo? Did I forget to mention? Undead keep coming back, yes, but magic generally binds them. I mean, there's rumors of grudges, or some superstition, kupo, but that's more like glue on the knot! Just need a firm binding of dark magic. This case, there's just one deathscythe. Normally their goal is to GUIDE souls along, but every once in a while they make friends. Speaking of dark magic, Why, I know a guy here Akir might like, he - KUUUUPO!!!!"

And there he went, sent flying by Arik's boot. In his ramblings, he'd not even noticed it. Why, out of all the recoils he'd ever suffered, he'd rank this a solid 7 out of 10! A pain in the rear!

He flew past the newcomer from above, and crashed in the basement straight through a wall.

A second later, the entire area fell with an unearthly rattling, like millions of bones. In truth, it was just a few, as the death scythe rose from the otherside of the wall, a moogle still embedded in him.

As if to verify the mad moogle's earlier claim, the judge appeared above them. His voice boomed like thunder, less human, and more like a force of nature.

"Terms of victory changed: Defeat the deathscythe! Law unchanged: Summoning of Scion's forbidden! Commence!"

And he disappeared once again.

"KUUUPO! I'M SLOWING HIM DOWN! THIS IS OUR CHANCE! FORWARD, CLAN CEDAR!"

The death scythe came barrelling at Arik, dark magic culminating around it. It was trying to cast Darkra as soon as it got within range,trying to blast everyone in one fell swoop. It was the final stretch!

Stan the mighty

The situation had changed, the battlefield once again set ablaze with the sound of battle!! Their clan leader had their enemy right where they wanted him, kind of, this situation was developing more and more as he thought about it. As such, he thought it best that he went about actually smacking this thing.

Unleashing a battle cry that might've been possibly him crying out of fear of the deathscythe, the large man rushed forwards, sword in hand and ready to smite, not quite since he can't do that yet, the evil thing! And he had to save his clan leader! Even if he couldn't die right now!!!!!

"I'M SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" cried the mighty champion of justice as he swung at the creatures pale white skull, biting deep into it and interrupting the wickedly evil darkra spell it had prepared. he then tried to heave his sword back... and found it stuck within the ghost.

Though it seems, due to the ghost not exactly having mass, the sword did infact stay wielded in his hands, causing the deathscythe to be, essentially, stuck upon the sword. And also Mogwin as well by association. Stan tried his best to shake off the deathscythe by swinging his sword around, but givein it was rather well stuck, there really was no getting it off unless he got help, or until the skull was smashed.

"HELP! IT HAS MYS WORD!" Stan yelped to the others, the deathscythe looking equally as distressed by the new situation.

Sera Everwood

The blue mage stood at the ready, more then willing to get into a good old fashion brawl. It was a rather risky situation to be in, though Sera seemed more then willing to take it on if her 'partner in crime' wanted to go for a full on fight. In some ways she couldn't help but get excited by the idea of fighting so many enemies. With so many enemies it was quite likely they would get beaten up, smacked around painfully from all directions, sliced and bashed by such painful blows, zapped by some wandering spells, pelted by thrown objects, scrapped by the coarse blows, maliciously stomped upon by the various skeletal feet, choked by possessing ghosts, torn up by....

Her trail of thought was cut short as she felt Stora's hand suddenly her own. She let out a sudden gasp as she was tugged away, just barely gripping onto her sword being jolted back to reality completely as they made their escape. She had nearly forgot about the fact she entertained the idea about retreating to Stora in the first place.they made their way out into the room as Sera caught sight of the giant hole in the floor. Just how could someone miss that gaping abyss and fall down it anyways? She shrugged off worry about such a thought as she looked over to Stora.

"So... what n..." She spoke only for Stora to suddenly go jump down the hole. Sera came tumbling down after, a shout of delight escaping from her lips as she fell down finding such joy in such a seemingly fun trip. She wondered just how far the floor was below. Sure enough with a loud thud she found the floor, a gasp of 'relief?' escaping her lips from the impact.

"Ah... we made it. Thought it would be further... but this works fine I suppose..." She spoke softly directing her words mostly to herself only to find herself glancing up at the rather cute Stan. "Of coarse patch me up! Don't worry about being gentle, I can take it." She spoke quite nonchalant about it. Her eyes glanced about seeing about everyone was now all gathered together as Stan had mentioned. The reunion seemed quite short lived as the battle started once more. She had managed to get into a fun fight after all!

Sera stretched out a bit, pulling out her sword, looking briefly at it to ensure it hadn't gotten dented and beaten up from the fall. She looked at the creature as a wide smile was on her lips... something she hadn't came across before. She charged forward with reckless abandon with her sword in front. "Unhand him and come at me Deathscythe! I, Sera Everwood, am ready to take anything you wish to hit me with, just try it... please..." She spoke out her tone more hushed at the end as she came swinging at the creature while poor Stan managed to have his weapon left stuck in it.

Stora coughed and dusted herself off as she stood up .
This certainly wasn't her idea of a productive mission.
She ran her paw through her hair and rubbed the side of her neck.
The fall was anything but ' relieving' for her.

The sound of The deathscythe and the ensuing battle caused Stora to again cover at least part I'm of her massive ears with her paws.
Why did this assignment have to be so noisy? Was this a sign of things to come?

Raising her rod she tried to ignore the screeching deathscythe.. and the yelling tin man..and the boasting blue mage .. And the-
Shaking off the shear amount of things she was trying to shake off she focused her gaze on the end of her rod and shouted " Fire ! "

With a pathetic *pft* a tiny plume spat out of the end of the rod.
The flame too tiny to even light a chocobo feather.
Stora's eyes widened as she counted in her head how many spells she had casted in the cabin .
"Oooh..oh crap" she face-palmed as she realized she had used all her mana up.

As the deathscythe dashed by Stora closed her eyes in panic, and instinctively swung her rod like a bat.
The cheap rod splintered against the creature falling into a pile of broken wood.
But the deathscythe got quite the smack out of it.
Far from a deathblow, but it was the best she could do.

Mogwin Ernesto

The small little moogle was starting to get motion sick from all the commotion. Stan and Sera both valiantly swung at it, audibly cracking bones and preventing it from casting. Mogwin was so proud of them. After another jerking movement, Mogwin lost his lunch inside the deathscythe's robes, getting the oddest expression of confusion from the monster. It raised its claws at Mogwin in a rage, but a quick 'thunk' from Stora released the moogle, sending him sprawling onto the floor. Mogwin noticed his weapon not too far away.

"Kupo! No worries! I, The Great Mogwin, have this!"

He grabbed the handcannon and reloaded. His eyes suddenly narrowed, and he focused in on the death scythe. The world was still spinning, but Mogwin had heard of a superfocus that came when one's life was indanger, and now was as good a time as any. The death scythe rattled again, an odd screech filling the basement. Mogwin touched his canon, infusing it with magic. Not like did anything, but he felt better about it.

"Canon primed, firing in 3...2...1..."

The roar of the canon firing overshadows the rattling, the only other sound that could be heard was a muffled 'kupo' and an equally muffled sound of a small body flying through a wall again. The rocket flew straight past the death scythe who actually looked concerned for a moment.

The creature started to make a sound that was similiar to laughter, though it echoed much more. It again spread its claws and moved towards the target of its reaping.

Behind it, the cannonball slammed into the ceiling. The floorboards from above creaked, then suddenly splintered, dropping one of the supports at an angle, several items from the upstairs falling down. Chairs, books, dust all came raining down. A rough sound could be heard as atop the support beam itself, which was bent down, rested a baby grand piano. It slowly started down the incline, then picked up speed falling faster and faster, before being deposited like a mortar in the basement. The deathscythe only had a fraction of a second to look behind it before an immense crash resounded in the basement, then silence.

A crinkling sound followed next, the sound of powerful magicks, as the judge appeared.

"Clan Cedar is victorious! No laws broken, reward: !,200 gil."

Mogwin spoke, his voice energetic as normal, completely ignoring what had just happened as if it had went according to plan.

"Well, everything went according to plan, kupo. Stora! See if the piano still works! That's what I'm worried about! I'm going to let the contractors in. Everyone, go claim their rooms, and tell the contractors what they want done with it! I got the big one upstairs. Also, Stan, you are incharge of making this basement into a bar! Makes perfect sense, we have a piano down here, and if anyone's too drunk I'd rather them moving up the stairs than down, kup! Let's get to work! Oh, one last thing, Arik, go harvest the ghosts for Soul Cleffals! Its nasty work, lots of ectoplasm, but I'm busy kupo! Chop chop, kup!""

Last edited:
Stan, the bar man.

From beneath the passive pile of rummage, Stan's fist crashed out from beneath the rubble, forming a thumbs up to Mogwin's words before sinking back into the dirt. The pile rumbled for abit, before Stan began to rise from the pile like a god slowly raising from the earth it'self as piece of chair fall off his horned head. And wearing an apron, that he had somehow gotten onto his person when beneath all that rubble, not even to mention it was atop of his armor.

Procuring a broom from the rubble as well, he began to start sweeping the dirt from the floor into a small, yet growing, pile. Indeed, he was right to work after this whole mess of a mission, but perhaps this godly stamina is the sole thing that has kept him from dieing all this time? under his careful hand, this place would most certainly become a great bar no doubt!

If the ghosts don't come back that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back