Feedback wanted for combat system

2SEATER

Howdy
A few days ago I made a thread here asking for help in regards to a non-dice combat system (in case you need background info click here). I got a lot of helpful responses, some saying make it completely freeform and some saying make a simple system. I have sort of tried to find some middle ground; a simple combat system that encourages expression and description. Seeing as it's the first system I've ever made, I'm not sure how good it is. Which is why I'm putting it here. Honest feedback is what I'm looking for. Below are the details I've come up with so far. I sort of want to add a few extra features but I fear that may compromise the simplicity.

Players get 15 health and 5 stamina. 'Moves' are divided into light, heavy and assisted. Light are quick punches, quick kicks, etc. Heavy are punches and kicks that are slower but deal more damage, as well as lifting attacks. Assisted is when objects are picked up and used. Light deals 1 point, heavy deals 2 and assisted deals 2-4 depending on how dangerous it would be. To use an assisted the player must find an object that would logically be found in the area where they were fighting (this would be determined by players, but I would monitor and advise); doing so costs 1 stamina. An object can be knocked from your opponent's hands by hitting them with any form of attack.

Counters/dodges use up differing amounts of stamina based on types of attack being countered. Light counter costs 3 stamina and will deal 1 damage back to the original attacker. Heavy counter costs 2 stamina and deals no damage back. Assisted counter costs 1 stamina and deals no damage.

Stamina recharges by one after every two posts.

Stats

Fortitude- Determines health (goes up by one for every point allocated)

Endurance- Determines Stamina (goes up by one for every point allocated)

Strength- Determines damage from all attacks except assisted (goes up by one for every point allocated) Agility- Determines damage from counters and amount of stamina used (damage goes up by one, amount of stamina used goes down by one for every point allocated)

Players are allowed to allocate a total of 5 points to these stat areas, with a total of 3 points max per area.

I can specify details I am thinking of adding if it helps. And if you have any questions or if anything confuses you I can try and explain. But most of all I want honest feedback, even if it's harsh.

Thanks.

Seems functional if boring. Honestly? You are better off using one of the many freely available systems that already exist and tweaking them a little.

Grey said:
Seems functional if boring. Honestly? You are better off using one of the many freely available systems that already exist and tweaking them a little.
Okay, thanks. Do you know where I could find some already created systems?

Probably the easiest: Risus

One I've always found reliable: FATE Accelerated

Or any of the very many available on Drivethru RPG

Not a lot of people on RPN realize that there's an RPG industry out there, and we've been making these things since the 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back