Other Favourite/Best School Subject?

Suggy

Trashbag
Wondering what school subject are peoples favourite, and which ones are they best at

My favourite school subject is Technical Graphics (aka Technical Drawing), I just love it's.. technicalness? Idk. Unfortunately its probably among my worst school subjects, I get in the 50-80%, which isnt bad, but one of my worst.

My best school subject is probably geography, I love learning about geography in all the different countries, and although learning aboit rocks and shit is terrible, so much of it is fun and easy for me to pick up.

In high school, my favorite subjects were chemistry and English. Of the classes I'm taking this semester, I think my favorite is either Intro to Sociology or my advanced organic chemistry lab. (I wasn't able to take any creative writing classes this semester. Boo!)

This year, my favorite class is AP English. It's run like a discussion class, and it's awesome. The twelve of us read our stories outside of class and come in the next day to absolutely tear it apart with every type of analysis possible. We get down to the nitty-gritties of writing choices and pretty much every literary device ever. We also look at everything in terms of the era it was written in. For instance, knowing that Pride and Prejudice was that time's equivalent to a trashy romance novel made it far less intimidating to some people. (I had already read it, but still. It's cool to watch people fall in love with books that they once said they'd never read.)

Over the course of my high school year, my favorite class was Logic and Humanities, junior year. It was so cool, and we did something vastly different each unit. We had units on Religion, Truth, Morality, Identity, Debate, Art, Music, and so much more. It was also mostly a discussion class, where we'd conduct philosophical discussions or analyze images, music, or a writing. And the people in the class made it a thousand time more fun.

Undoubtedly history. It's so interesting, so vast, and there's always something new about it (despite it being history). As my professor once said, "If you take all of the knowledge we have today about history, we only know 1% compared to the total amount that is waiting to be explored" (not just human history, that is).

My favorite class in High School was Music Talent. I just enjoyed how my teacher taught us the different forms of music and how we can create our own music based on the genre we love. As someone who loves to listen to EDM, my teacher was able to teach me the basics of being a DJ. They also taught us to broaden our musical abilities instead of just playing/focusing on one instrument. Thanks to them I can play the piano, guitar, and synthesizer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back