Music Favorite Video Game Soundtracks?

Final Fantasy X. <3 Such atmosphere, so many emotions...

I also adore Zelda: Twilight Princess and the Assassin's Creed music in general!

I'm gonna pitch in the Transistor OST. Ashley Barret's voice is so haunting and fits so well with the theme and atmosphere of the game.

[media]

[/media]

My particular favorites range from the Kirby games soundtracks to Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Hmmm. Well, I don't have a particular favorite but those are the ones I really really love. And since it would take too much room to post them all as links I'll just put them in as names. Here goes:

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Icarus (Main Theme)

- Heavy Rain - Main Theme

- Fallout 3 - Main Theme

- Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - E3 Trailer Theme

- Final Fantasy Versus XII - "Somnus" from Yoko Shimomura

- a lot of the World Of Warcraft OST

- Batman Arkham City - Main Theme

- most of the ones already posted

My favorite video game soundtracks are Xenoblade Chronicles, which has some wonderful tracks that fit the mood of the story, Skyrim for the same reasons, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire for their revamped version of the original music from the GBA versions as well as some new music, and the first two Golden Sun games with the most beautiful music to ever come out of the speakers of a GameBoy Advance!

Well I am mostly a online player all my life... So raiding and dungeoning, I am used to bring my own music. However, my credit goes to FFXIV for keeping adrenaline up while the whole battle!

1st: Titan Theme - Feel the Epicness!

[media]

[/media]
2st: Levianthan Theme - I enjoyed it, don't ask.

[media]

[/media]
3rd and last: Ultima Theme - Not has hardcore but it was the original ending of main story before any update, so more of a depressed battle, but music still fit!

[media]

[/media]

I have to says he I kgdom hearts soundtrack because I mean it's amazing, I love the last of us soundtrack because it ties into them American so much and I just love it.

Prototype 2. Has an amazing soundtrack, and these ones from the list are really worth listening to if you haven't before:

Resurrection: Opens off the game in a pretty mellow, emotional and epic way, particularly when you view it with the game's opening cutscene.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZueOyMI94[/media]

Natural Selection: Generally pretty epic battle music. I loved it when I was playing the game.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRtRpOYaxOo[/media]

Murder Your Maker: Now, this... This tops it all off with a purely epic and dramatic track that plays when you get to the final boss. It's some of the greatest battle music ever; trust me, you won't regret listening to this one.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-rIsocAba4[/media]

I'm positive Skyrim and Kingdom Hearts already been said so I won't go into detail with those, though I'm pretty sure they hold my favorite video-game OSTs of all time simply because they're so soothing aaah. Anyway

Dragon Age

(inquisition specifically) is a close third in my book and this being my favorite of all the songs in the game;

[media]

[/media]

i really like the music in final fantasy games, professor layton, mother (earthbound 0, 1, and 2 if you're not familiar) okami, kingdom hearts, dangan ronpa, and sometimes pokemon

8-bit and chiptune things appeal to me, but of course like any 'genre' there's going to be good and bad

ive never played it myself, only heard my brother, but the valkyrie profile soundtracks are pretty good

Someone mentioned Persona series, so I'll give you more from Shin Megami Tensei. all hail Shoji Meguro~

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (Avatar Tuner 2)

[media]

[/media]
I guess Visual Novel counts as video game?

Shikkoku no Sharnoth

[media]

[/media]
Also, representative of Touhou series

Touhou - Scarlet Weather Rhapsody

[media]

[/media]

I'm absolutely certain there are soundtracks I like better than Nitronic Rush but it's the only one coming to mind at the moment.

Fragile Dreams has such a good soundtrack!! It matches so well with its setting and storyline, and its opening and ending songs are so beautiful i cri evry tiem

Also the ost for Dreaming Mary! It's an RPG maker game and the soundtrack can be either cute or terrifying, depending on which path you take in the game.

There are other honorable mentions but these games are less popular so I'm fairly sure no one's mentioned them yet.

I loev the music from Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

And though I haven't played the game yet, I like the OST from Ori and the Blind Forest too.

I guess I'm just too old to list a lot of older games. But I do keep the soundtracks close to my heart. One of my favorite soundtracks from games would have to be Secret of Mana which was for the Super Nintendo. I still own the SNES and do here and there go back to play it. <3 I just love the game and the music all that much <3

[media]

[/media]

Kingdom Hearts, without a doubt. Absolutely beautiful, and the more immersed you are in the game, the more sentimentality it holds for you.

Pokemon soundtracks, for sure, from the 'Center to the battle, I can hum along forever!

Elder Scrolls has a very unique and rather calming distinction of fitted pieces, I'd say, because I know them rather well, they're favorited.

I honestly haven't touched other games in a while, I'm sure I'd mentioned more if I could remember them! I'm fond of Fire Emblem (though I'm guilty of only bend acquainted with Awakening), Legend of Zelda, undoubtedly, and perhaps The Last Story and Fantasy Life, AC series in general.. So many games I adore, but music choice is another matter!

Though the game was not everyone's favorite, I liked the theme song to Assassin's Creed: Unity. Very dramatic.

[media]

[/media]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back