Food Favorite Holidays & Holiday Foods? :)

sukaithemoonlord774

Elder Member
Hey guys,
So here's my thread starter. And it's all about the holidays, starting with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Or whatever other holidays, you celebrate every year outside of the mainstream, secular holidays I just listed. So, what is your favorite holiday and your favorite holiday food(s), guys? Feel free to explain why and what makes it special to you all. :) I hope this thread is fun for all! ^_^

First!! c:
Honestly, Thanksgiving and Christmas are my most favorite holidays because of the joy being around family, people that you like or love and friends.
My favorite foods during these holidays are Dressing and Turkey. c:

First!! c:
Honestly, Thanksgiving and Christmas are my most favorite holidays because of the joy being around family, people that you like or love and friends.
My favorite foods during these holidays are Dressing and Turkey. c:

Those are really beautiful holidays and really great reasons! I love dressing, myself. :) And I feel like Thanksgiving, needs more love. But that's just me, lolz.

It does. Oh, plus, I love those holidays for the parades, too!! Especially Macy's!

Agreed! And I have memories of seeing the Macy's Thanksgiving Parades on TV with some of my favorite Disney Channel singers performing during the parade. I really miss those days, lol. But I love Thanksgiving, I think it's a beautiful holiday. Just a time to show gratitude and love to the ones we love the most as well as thanking the Universe or God (or whatever you believe in) for all the blessings that have come into your life. :)

Agreed! And I have memories of seeing the Macy's Thanksgiving Parades on TV with some of my favorite Disney Channel singers performing during the parade. I really miss those days, lol. But I love Thanksgiving, I think it's a beautiful holiday. Just a time to show gratitude and love to the ones we love the most as well as thanking the Universe or God (or whatever you believe in) for all the blessings that have come into your life. :)
Amen!! c:

New Year's and Halloween are my favorite holidays.
Egg nog, stuffing + gravy, and turkey are my favorite holiday foods.

Not necessarily the foods of their holidays, but hey, New Year's has booze and fireworks, does that count? xD

I would have to say Halloween and Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving because lots of good food & pumpkin pie, and halloween because of candy ;O

CHRISTMAS, YES <3 Although not so much for the food, hahahaha, more for the gifts :P

If I had to choose a holiday for having the best food, I guess I'd choose Easter because I can get chocolate wasted eating chocolate eggs. I love chocolate so much ; ;

Sadly Halloween stopped being fun for me ever since I was told I'm too old for trick-or-treating :c I still dress up sometimes, but I rarely go out do something that day.

Thanksgiving and Christmas, because those are usually when various parts of the family come together. The food and drink is a bonus.
Sometimes we've gone up to our cousins' for Thanksgiving, where we sample the wine we made together over the preceding months. The Italian side of the family's tradition. Other times it's been right at home, so our family friends, brother and wife, grandma, and Korean War vet grandpa can attend more easily. Christmas is a little similar. Usually before Christmas we go up to our other side of the family's Christmas party and reconnect with them. Last year, my brother and I, estranged from many of them, had fun losing "Settlers of Catan" to them but it was fantastic. Christmas night we hosted some local family, where we had excellent prime rib, and I made--if I may say so myself--good cocktails. A couple of years ago we were on a roadtrip and celebrated Christmas Day with fried shrimp, tropical cocktails, and the goddamn cutest waitress in a small humid beachside town in Georgia. Sure the food is great but the family experiences definitely stick with me. (okay, and that waitress...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back