Favorite Fallout Game?

ForTheRepublicEureka

These Profligates Kill Legionnaires
Judging from some of the avatars I've seen on this forum so far, I've noticed that there are quite a few Fallout fans in this community. I just want to ask you all: out of all of the main Fallout games released, which one is your favorite?

My personal favorite is New Vegas. Even though its world design and exploration weren't that great compared to Fallout 3 or 4, imo the writing, story telling, world building completely makes it up for me. It's truly a blast to play and one of my favorite games of all time.

What about you?

Huh, favourite fallout huh?

I think personally I liked fallout 3 the most so far. It had something that grabbed me about it, the setting and the stories. Ignoring the alien DLC which was a odd choice, not that i disliked it but I dont think it added that much either. It might be bias' from the order I played the games though, I played it before the other two for obvious reasons and have spent the most time on it as a result.

Addendum edit: I also felt off about new Vegas for some reason. Its intro never sat right with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... Favourite Fallout game, sadly I've waited until now to play 1 & 2 and I haven't played fallout 3 for a few years now.

My favourite Fallout game is New Vegas, it's just soooo....... Amazing, the backstory was perfect for role playing, the characters meant something and most importantly you could kill every single NPC in the game :P

Fallout 4 had so much potential that even though the gameplay is really solid and fun it's a letdown in every other way, NPCs are uninteresting and stupid (A.I. Is somehow on par with morrowind) and oh my god it's impossible to role play, even if you're in with the BOS you still can't kill all the synths and super mutants that come your way and you're even forced to work with synths.

I won't get into my thoughts about Fallout 1-3 I'll save that for another time

I do like Fallout 1, but I've never been a big fan of turn-based combat. I was also victim of a game-breaking glitch as well but I digress. I have to say, my favorite game has to be Fallout New Vegas for one simple fact: I love westerns. I just fucking love the ambiance and world of westerns. And, even if New Vegas was very buggy, lacked a good storyline (I did enjoy the Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road DLC a lot though!), and that goddamn Thorn/incomplete quests... the western charm won me over. >O> Though, I think Fallout 4 is actually working its way up now. Despite my low expectations and dislike for changed mechanics (like reworking SPECIAL and the settlements), I can't help but love the concrete connections to Fallout 3, the world is just so goddamn pretty (yep... I like pretty shit. xD ), some quests are pretty fucking kooky, and I love the weapon modding so much.

Blah... hella word vomit. Sorry.
xD

Fallout 3. I guess because it was my first? Also, at the time-I was totally into all the post-apocalypse stuff and then it got released. Played it at a friend's house and just fell in love with the game. It was such a blast. Then I got it for the 360 and played most of the expansions, and sunk hours upon hours into the game.

I will say this, New Vegas is objectively a better game, and I like the fact that you're just some wasteland nobody when you start. But Fallout 3 holds a special place in my memory.

Fallout 4. A beautiful culmination of passed lessons with added details that bring it close to my heart. Nothing beats a small homey outpost in the middle of the wasteland where I can just relax and shoot some bitches from my guard tower. And the story really gets me, right in the heart.

Fallout 4 by a long-shot. I really miss the karma element to player actions but 4 absolutely stole my heart and stopped me getting a lot of work done!

Fallout 4 still stops me from getting work done. //has season pass// and it will forever be my procrastinator applicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back