Literature Favorite book series

@Obsessed lmao, i love knowing that you get annoyed at the main character. c;

hella pumped to finish them all know.

i really wanna read the harry potter series, but damn, so much to read.

when i was little i was utterly obsessed with the spiderwick series. i don't think i've been as hooked on a series as spiderwick~

@Obsessed lmao, i love knowing that you get annoyed at the main character. c;

hella pumped to finish them all know.

i really wanna read the harry potter series, but damn, so much to read.

READ HARRY POTTER. LIKE READ. I KNOW YOU WONT GET HOURS BUT THAT IS ACTUALLY AMAZING THAN JUST READING THE WHOLE BOOK IN ONE DAY (I did with book 2 lmao)  YOU'LL FEEL HOW AMAZING THE BOOK ISS

It really feels like an under-appreciated series, but the Pendragon series was probably my favourite book series (by D.J. MacHale - not an actual DJ). This coming at a time when there was pretty strong competition (in my perspective) too - Harry Potter was still ongoing, there was Hunger Games later that got popular and introduced to me... A Series of Unfortunate Events... Even Lord of the Rings. But this particular one - a chance encounter when I was haunting the library for something to read - it turned out to be much harder to put down because of the way the story was conveyed. The first book had already got me really deep into the story, getting me all tense when the character faced challenges that seemed insurmountable at times - especially since the set-up for the character involved a great deal of mind-blowing mysteries (that wouldn't be explained early on). 

It was a great ride, following it through to the last book. It's quite likely the book series I appreciated the most for the experience it provided me, and what a wild ride it was at times! Also a pretty satisfying ending. 

I absolutely loved Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series. Best that I've ever read, and just after that it would probably be Harry Potter. His glasses are the best in the movie.

Currently reading Brandon's "The Way of Kings", and it's not too bad.

My cousin told me it's a MUST to read, along with The Throne of Glass series.

but why?? Ohh.. A broken ship or something?

do not spoil me

No, not over a broken ship. The author writes extremely heteronormative stuff and has hardly any representation for POC or LGBT+ people, and if she has any its harmful (such as POC being used as plot devices to further the white hero's plot). If the author spoke out when asked about it instead of ignoring people, perhaps we wouldn't dislike her as much. But ignoring the voices of minorities when being called out on offensive stuff is... yikes :/

I absolutely loved Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series. Best that I've ever read, and just after that it would probably be Harry Potter. His glasses are the best in the movie.

Currently reading Brandon's "The Way of Kings", and it's not too bad.

Ah, I have Mistborn downloaded in my library but I'm quite hesitant..

No, not over a broken ship. The author writes extremely heteronormative stuff and has hardly any representation for POC or LGBT+ people, and if she has any its harmful (such as POC being used as plot devices to further the white hero's plot). If the author spoke out when asked about it instead of ignoring people, perhaps we wouldn't dislike her as much. But ignoring the voices of minorities when being called out on offensive stuff is... yikes :/

Oh wow. 

Pretty niche,but I loved the diablo series called, The sin war. I'm not a big reader and would rather watch an adaptation or play a game,but these books were pretty good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back