Faux Straumm

Slop

Elder Member
Full Name: 

Faux Straumm

Male

Physical Description:

Average height 189 cm, weighs 88 kg, slender build, average physique (slightly muscular) and fair complexion. Black medium length  hair with strokes of white (messy but clean) and both pupils are green, proportional features (eyes, ears, nose, etc.)

Requested Core:

Metal Thread Core

Requested Squad:

Personality:

Your typical cynical smartass - Faux has a penchant for sarcasm and trickery. He is fond of performing pickpockets and lying but has a soft spot withal. Faux also isn't one to get emotionally attached to people nor things - the world is fleeting as all is but sempiternal for him. When he gets depressed due to his bipolarity for whatever reasons, his sanity will begin to crumble away as he starts getting panic attacks - his focus will then be impaired and this is when he's most vulnerable and physically brutal at the same time.

State: 

Shaky at best - Faux has bipolar disorder but has exceptional equanimity when not depressed.

Weapon(s) of Choice:

• A variety of Sabres, Epees and Foils
  • Free Manipulation (turning his thread into mercury and letting it flow freely on the ground - he moves them by flinging his arm about, co trolling them from a distance and creating numerous structures including waves, shields etc.)

Experience:

Faux had learned fencing when he was a child and his skills had only improved since. He also possesses excellent footwork and hand-eye coordination, meaning he had raw talent to begin with.

Requested Ranking:

4.2.0 (Sorry I just had to xD)

Likes & Dislikes:

• Quantum Physics
  • Fencing
  • Classical Music (Piano)
  • Logic Manipulation
  • Machineries

Dislikes

• Falling into depression (obviously)
  • Rock Music (Metal especially)
  • Getting outwitted
  • Exercising

Quirks or Special Traits:

Has bipolarity disorder, has kleptomania, is a marvellous pianist, thief, pickpocket and conman. He is also educated in (basic) Quantum Physics (obviously no Ph.D) and basic engineering (again, no Ph.D) - meaning he has technical knowledge and is familiar with machineries and computers. Is also fond of cussing.

Background:

Faux was first taught fencing at the age of five and has yet to lose interest in it. It was only until his parents' tragic sudden death did his childhood lasted. He then found out that his parents were  murdered by Reapers.

However, Faux was surprisingly fine and wasn't traumatised - he coped with it fairly well and proceeded with his studies. What engendered his mental instability withal,  was the fact that he had no one to consult to during his hard times and depression. This lead to him going slightly insane as his depression was mostly botteled up.

Not to mention, Faux posseses incredibly high IQ but rather low EQ. He realised his own potential at the age of seven, not too long after his parents passed away and he started becoming dilligent in his studies. He's even taken (basic) Quantum Physics and basic engineering lessons outside of school. He had also taken 12 year of piano tuition (since 7).

It was at the age of 19 did Faux got bored of studies and decided to venture off, resulting in him becoming a weaver.

Strengths & Weaknesses:

Strengths:

• Exceptional IQ: Faux is able to process and analyze multiple informations quickly. He has an IQ of 191 to be specific (as of 19 years-old)
  • Maintains equanimity (when not depressed)
  • Possess heightened reflexes

Weaknesses:

• Rather blow EQ: Despite having low EQ, Faux is still an excellent manipulator
  • Becomes irrational and compulsive in every sense when depressed.
  • Lacks physical strength

Reason For Joining Main Base:

He doesn't care too much for saving the world and all that bollocks - he was simply bored of his studies and decided why not.

Fighting Style:

Possesing profound celerity but lacking physical prowess, Faux prefers the Foil, Epee, Sabre and free manipulation as the mentioned maximise his strengths. With a fencing blades, he plays mostly defence, parrying most of the opponents' attacks then stricking when the time is right. When fighting an advesary that can't be dealt with fair fencing withal, Faux will resort to his free manipulation - using Mercury liquids as shields, spikes, pillars, vortexes and many more. As aforementioned, he relies mostly on his reflexes and wit rather than brute force.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently at school, so I'll check it in... 3 hours? That's around the time I get home at, so I'm not sure.

Currently at school, so I'll check it in... 3 hours? That's around the time I get home at, so I'm not sure.

Very well - I'll check back with you tomorrow since it's already ludicrously late here. Well, good night and good luck on your studies!

-Hold back the urge to scream "LUDICROUS SPEEEEED" just because you said ludicrous- l: will do o/

Uhm... Okay, let's start with this... The background, probably the most messed up part I've seen in sheets, so it's not that big of a deal, doesn't mean you're the only one who couldn't figure out what we're asking of you. Basically, your character seemed to be living fine and his parents had been mysteriously killed, by natural forces or otherwise, and he still seemed to live comfortably until Weave showed up and was accepting recruits. This, sir, is not how that works. The Reapers affected absolutely everybody. They raided the entire globe, nobody could have been in such a desolate place that Reapers didn't affect them or anything of the sort. Basically, you need to mention how your character was affected by the Reapers.

Next, your squad and rank both. I wrote in bold in Squads that you cannot request entry for Squad One with a lower rank than 5. That means 4.9 and lower, no chance of getting into Squad One (sadly, sorry)

Next, the bipolar - probably the biggest problem for me personally. I'm not thinking that you understand what bipolar actually is, and if I'm completely wrong on this, tell me, but bipolar mood swings are less triggers and more schedules. Yes, everyone is different, but I read somewhere that bipolar ups and downs are most often on some sort of schedule (for example, my grandmother apparently had it bad. She'd be down for months, sometimes a whole year, before you got like a month of her being happy-ish. Then, it would go back into the long period of violence and sadness and rage and such for another year or a few months, then another month of up, then another year of down.) We take mental disorders quite seriously here, and we won't allow you to play a character with a disorder without you knowing quite a bit about that disorder, or you've at least researched it enough to be able to realistically play the role.

Other than that, there's just a few minor discrepancies such as your character being a "marvelous pianist" even after just playing for a year (tutoring, maybe not playing) because trust me, it doesn't work that way. I've been playing for 10 years with a teacher of some sort, and 2 more on my own. And I still can't do that crazy classical stuff you see the pros do. Just... Realistically, your character would be around my level, considering he's probably a lot smarter than I am.

I think the only other thing was the epee thing, which confused me because I know what you mean by epee, but it's a little odd to me. I speak french fairly well (I'd expect so, I go to an all french school) and in french , épée is the translated word of rapier from what I know. I've never heard anyone call it an epee, just a rapier (which is the thin blade used for stabbing attacks and such). It's not something wrong with your sheet, it just confuses me so much.

@MatTamMax

Uhm... Okay, let's start with this... The background, probably the most messed up part I've seen in sheets, so it's not that big of a deal, doesn't mean you're the only one who couldn't figure out what we're asking of you. Basically, your character seemed to be living fine and his parents had been mysteriously killed, by natural forces or otherwise, and he still seemed to live comfortably until Weave showed up and was accepting recruits. This, sir, is not how that works. The Reapers affected absolutely everybody. They raided the entire globe, nobody could have been in such a desolate place that Reapers didn't affect them or anything of the sort. Basically, you need to mention how your character was affected by the Reapers.

Next, your squad and rank both. I wrote in bold in Squads that you cannot request entry for Squad One with a lower rank than 5. That means 4.9 and lower, no chance of getting into Squad One (sadly, sorry)

Next, the bipolar - probably the biggest problem for me personally. I'm not thinking that you understand what bipolar actually is, and if I'm completely wrong on this, tell me, but bipolar mood swings are less triggers and more schedules. Yes, everyone is different, but I read somewhere that bipolar ups and downs are most often on some sort of schedule (for example, my grandmother apparently had it bad. She'd be down for months, sometimes a whole year, before you got like a month of her being happy-ish. Then, it would go back into the long period of violence and sadness and rage and such for another year or a few months, then another month of up, then another year of down.) We take mental disorders quite seriously here, and we won't allow you to play a character with a disorder without you knowing quite a bit about that disorder, or you've at least researched it enough to be able to realistically play the role.

Other than that, there's just a few minor discrepancies such as your character being a "marvelous pianist" even after just playing for a year (tutoring, maybe not playing) because trust me, it doesn't work that way. I've been playing for 10 years with a teacher of some sort, and 2 more on my own. And I still can't do that crazy classical stuff you see the pros do. Just... Realistically, your character would be around my level, considering he's probably a lot smarter than I am.

I think the only other thing was the epee thing, which confused me because I know what you mean by epee, but it's a little odd to me. I speak french fairly well (I'd expect so, I go to an all french school) and in french , épée is the translated word of rapier from what I know. I've never heard anyone call it an epee, just a rapier (which is the thin blade used for stabbing attacks and such). It's not something wrong with your sheet, it just confuses me so much.

@MatTamMax

Oops, my bad... Lemme retort some of your points withal, for the background, I've changed it as your explanation makes sense (same thing with the squad). Now, for the bipolar disorder, there's a condition called 'rapid cycle bipolar', it explains exactly Faux's condition. Sorry for not clarifying. For the piano rhing, i made a mistake - arithmetocal errors and a all that, it's 9 years (since 10). I have no knowledge in French but I've read multiple articles stating that rapists and epees are not identical. There are three types of fencing swords; epees, sabres and foils. They are structurally different only in length and weigh. Rapiers are generally considered more of an ornamental weapon of for collections. People don't usually fence with rapiers.

I hope this fixes evertything. I'm in school now so I'll get back at you in 1p hours or so from now. Thanks for paying close attention to my CS regardless!

Pardon for sounding abrupt and perhaps rude, but is it acceptable now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just... Shove him in Squad Four, alright? He'll get the rank you requested. Sorry for not responding for so long, I've gotten surprisingly busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back