• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/No Order IC

Assassin gave a slight start at the property's owner rather suddenly chiming in. Her body shifted as she rotated to face them, her movements slower and wasteful as she emulated a more human reflex than she actually had. For the briefest of moments she entered into a state of mind wherein she tried to categorize the man… He didn’t seem to be particularly hostile, though, and the way he’d addressed Archer was polite enough and so she decided that for the moment she would need to adjust her preconceptions. This assignment was turning out to be different than what she’d expected, and she couldn’t help but share her thoughts on the matter. That in mind, she stepped up beside Lucas and brought her hands back behind her waist to clasp them together as she shifted her weight to the heels of her feet in what seemed to be a restive state for her.

Master Lucas, she began, having never particularly tried to communicate with him nonverbally before and finding the practice to be a bit… odd. Of amusing note was also the fact that, apparently, she mispronounced his name as “Loo-Kahs” even in her thoughts. I believe I may have had a mistaken idea as to what these assignments would be like. I had been expecting more… immediate and overwhelming conflict? Clumsy as she was with the practice (what with having no instinctive knowledge of such things granted by the grail), she failed to note that she was also passing her thoughts further along the line to Archer as she thought. Was I wrong, or is this an exceptional case..?

After a brief moment, not even really enough time to formulate a response for her, Assassin shifted her weight more towards one hip and pursed her lips just a touch. Oddly, a hint of color was beginning to rise on her cheeks which, along with the smile she was putting on, helped her to look more like an actual teenage girl than just about anything else she was doing. I mean, given my assumption it’s entirely reasonable for me to have begun to assume the role of a human, my temporary master. I… Well I just mean that, obviously, it is better for me not to be immediately picked out as a servant. And my acting isn’t all that bad. Or- no, it is not bad at all, I mean. Er… that is to say that while I am beginning to think that perhaps I had not quite finished my training in impersonation at the time that my body and mind frame is built around I am certainly still skilled enough that my put on identity isn’t at all flimsy or… Oddly, as she began to ramble slightly at her master and (accidentally) his real servant, Assassin’s cheeks had begun to go from pink to rid and she couldn’t keep from shifting her weight from one hip to the other in an awkward sort of way. I just mean that I do not seem foolish or anything, is all. A- and if I did it would be completely understandable given the circumstances of my summoning. Really it- it would be more the fault of your group’s summoning procedures than anything...

A few embarrassed moments of silence later, Assassin finally thought to add, Oh and I hope that I do not need to point out that there is something strange about this proprietor, correct..?

Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka

Aine withdrew her hand, her ego bruised from the lack of hospitality she was deserving. She turned away from the desk, both hands supporting her as the sudden move kept her feeling ill. After steadying herself for a moment, she trudged away, Rider still following, unsure of what to do with himself during a mission. He was uneasy about the situation, residing in the bed of a strangers inn during a mission seemed off. If Aine felt the same, which she didn't she made sure not to show it to her Servant. Instead, she still seemed like she was in control. They moved in the offered direction, quickly disappearing from the others into a joining hall, one lined with several other rooms; hotel rooms, obviously.

Aine picked the first one, simply from it being the closest. She stepped into the dark room, unable and uncaring to see what was in it. She stepped in quickly, before turning to find her Servant hot on her heels. Her sudden stop made him freeze up, stopping only a few inches from her. She brought a hand up and wagged a finger at him,

"Uh-uh. Guard dog's stay outside." She stepped back and slammed the door close, to deliver the punctuation of her message. She didn't bother turning on any lights, feeling her way to whatever bed there was in the room to flop onto.

Rider was left staring at the door. He moved away after a few seconds of standing dumbstruck. She wasn't entirely wrong to keep him out in the hall. Even going back to when he had been alive, the best guards had always been in the hall to his Father's room, whichever one he had been in at the moment. Not that he was a particularly good guard. He could make a lot of racket with his pistol, but little else. He moved a few feet to the side of the door, pulling his sword from his belt and sitting down. He took up the sukhasana pose, letting his sword rest comfortably against his shoulder.

He leaned back against the wall, quietly humming a gagaku song to himself, a rather upbeat one for once, even.

"Ah, yes. Holmes. The inventor of the modern home. I've heard of you. A bor~ing man with a bor~ing idea. Honestly, shouldn't everyone just live in castles?" Lancer, without having anything else to speak about, went to her number one fall back; complaining and talking about things she knew nothing about. Even if she had been born in modern times, she would have thought that Sherlock Holmes was just a movie series with far to many 'smart' scenes for its own good. Though, there was that one version where they were all dogs. Sherlock Hound!

"Archer! It would be a lot better if he was a dog, right?! A Sherlock Hound?" She pointed rudely at the man behind the counter, not caring for the social situation. Or just not caring.

Barr meanwhile was paying close attention to this man. He didn't remotely fit the description of Sherlock Holmes from any of the material he had ever seen. Then again, Hollywood made him out to be ruggedly handsome. Perhaps the real world was far less enjoyable when it came to the way some people looked. After all, he doubted that Lancer had a tail and horns when she was alive. And it could be worse, that show Lancer had forced him to watch, Sherlock Hound could have been the reality.

He didn't know how most this team would have handled a man-shaped dog standing behind the counter. The man would have made a better Watson than a Holmes. But maybe that was the point. Maybe it was Watson, impersonating Holmes. After all, what a mystery they would have as an assortment of people suddenly appeared at in their home.

MocaPoka MocaPoka BlightGiver BlightGiver

Archer

Archer had to control her facial expression from turning into one that would be considered un-ladylike. The seemingly gentleman was not forthcoming with the location they were currently at, he seemed unconcerned with money for their stay (something she knew very few European hotel businessmen would overlook), and as she truly focused her attention on him... something was simply wrong with the man. However, she wasn't quite sure what. Was the man a Yee Naaldlooshii? Or some form of harmful beast such as a Tah-tah-kle'-ah? Even if the man was not horror, he had proven himself not a friend with the refusal to answer her, and now Toko's question on their location.

The other members of the warband call the man Sherlock Holmes, however she was unfamiliar with the name. The others seemed happy with the man's identity and began taking offered rooms, causing Archer's polite façade to fall. Lancer declared the man was the inventor of the "modern home" and that the man would be better in the form of a dog. She turned her now suspicious gaze away from the inn-keeper and answered Lancer with a friendly tone before walking in the opposite direction towards where most of the war-party was heading. "Yes, it would be better if his form was a friendly hounds'. Dogs are often more trust-worthy and honest than men."

Archer stopped before Lucas and Assassin and spoke to both mentally. "Every hunt is different and you should never assume one will flow along the same events as the next." Archer put both her hands on her hips and focused her attention towards the Assassin. "To my eyes you have only appeared as an incompetent, foolish, and irresponsible maiden. Sleeping in the closet of a man, disappearing from your Master's side when he required your aid, and now not even having the control to focus your thoughts and commutate only with your Master. Declaring blame on a summoning for your own faults is pitiful and makes you appear childish. Further more your Master's name is pronounced Lucas, not Loo-kahs. Names are important and sacred. To say one incorrectly is disrespectful and ill-mannered."

Her lecture finished Archer cut off the communication with the Assassin, and focused on Lucas. "The inn-keeper is not a friend and I believe means us harm. Keep your new Servant close, on that suspicion of the inn-keeper she is correct; despite the others belief in this Sherlock Holmes. I will scout out our surroundings." Archer walked towards the inn's entryway and called behind her before exiting. "I believe I will have a small stroll before taking a room. May someone secure a lodging for me? I do not mind if it is shared as well." Rebecca gave a smile and wave before exiting the inn and disappearing into the windy night.

BlightGiver BlightGiver Dragonruby Dragonruby Kratoury Kratoury TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

Last edited:
Assassin took a half step back, her arms coming up to cross around her belly as she shifted her eyes away from Archer. She'd seemed like a friendly enough sort, so the harshness of her thoughts took the girl off guard. Or perhaps she just wasn't very good at dealing with words or people to begin with... Either way, the color in her cheeks redoubled and Assassin took a few moments to try to recollect herself. "I see," she began, struggling a bit to focus her thoughts for the mental communication, "I- I did not mean to offend you, Archer. I was never given a name, and so did not realize that there was any sort of special meaning surrounding them... I could not communicate like this in life, and I'm afraid that I was not granted intrinsic knowledge of the skill upon my summoning. I will... t- try to disappoint you less in the future." And with that she shifted her attention forward once more, trying not to look wounded at all.

For a few moments, Assassin considered where she was and what she had seen. Everyone she had spoken to so far had been less than friendly, which was just a touch... sad. It's not that she had hoped things would change in this new world, she had been expecting to be surrounded by enemies from the moment she was summoned after all. But, and perhaps it was just because she'd been summoned in a younger body, there was some tiny part of her that had been hoping just for a few kind words. Then again, she was more of a tool than a person, made to serve the cause of the order. Given that, it was selfish to think that she might like to be thanked; even if only just once. ... But no, that was unfair. There had been people that were less than cruel as well. At the thought, Assassin's eyes slid to the side to catch sight of Lucas. He was... pleasant enough, in his own way. And of course Rider had seemed quite kind as well- perhaps moreso than anyone she had ever met. Although he was just a touch too polite for her tastes.

"L-", she hesitated, not wanting to mistake the name again for fear of giving offense, "M- master. I believe I will stray a touch. Forgive me, but I am curious about something." With that she flashed a quick, if forced, smile towards Lucas and turned to follow after Rider and his master. Her hands moved to clasp behind her back as she went, her steps becoming much lighter and completely noiseless the moment she was out of sight of the lobby.

She'd been considering how badly she wanted to apologize for her lack of response earlier, and rather picking a door's lock and letting herself in would be something that caused problems or praise... But it turned out that Assassin's considerations ended up being more-or-less without merit as she found that Rider was not in a room at all. Instead they were... sitting beside a door behind which she caught the soft sounds of breathing. Rather awkwardly, Assassin came to lean against the wall opposite the hall from Rider where she took a moment to clear her throat in an effort to get his attention before speaking in a small effort to keep from startling them. "I apologize for interrupting your tune. I simply wanted to apologize for earlier; I sometimes grow tense when trying to speak with people and find it difficult to get the words that I mean to say out. Please forgive my rudeness, O- da No- bu- ka- tsu." For some reason, Assassin's eyebrows came in just a bit and she seemed to put an inordinate amount of effort into trying to sound out Rider's name correctly. It honestly just made it sound odd and made her seem a bit silly for trying to hard.

Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Sherlock Holmes...? Lucas could only blink at the self-professed innkeeper and apparent famed detective. He'd never heard of Sherlock owning a establishment called 'The Castle' before, though. They'd be in England again if they were actually in place owned by the man, and... Sherlock was fictional, right? So... That meant this had to be a Servant, if not just some sort of homunculus or familiar of some kind. He supposed neither Singularities nor Servants made much sense until you get to know what exactly went into their circumstances, but this was giving Lucas a bad feeling about their situation. While some of the others had bought into the whole thing, a mental warning from both his Servants only helped to solidify this notion of wrongness about the man and their sudden separation from both Da Vinci and Lovecraft just made it even worse.

Speaking of his two Servants... Assassin seemed to be hit with a sudden bout of self-doubt. A little strange considering how calm an appearance she liked to put on, but not exactly unexpected considering what he'd already seen of her. "Our last mission had us quick to... well, skip the pleasantries and get right to the fighting, but that's the only one I've been on, so I can't rightly say if that's how they all are like. But don't worry, you'll do fine. You were good enough to be summoned as a Servant, right?" Lucas sent to Assassin mentally, trying to buoy her mood.

As for Archer, she seemed rather intent on leaving. "Hey, wait-" the man protests as the Servant leaves, but he doesn't get to finish what he's trying to say before she's gone. Lucas clicks his tongue in annoyance at that, but lets it slide. While Mr. Holmes' reference towards some sort of danger out at night was worrying, Archer was a Servant and could handle herself against most things. And if she got into trouble, "Be sure to message me if you get into trouble, alright?" He mentally sent her.

Turning his attention back towards the innkeeper, Lucas walked up a bit closer, coming to the counter. People seemed rather quick to scatter, but he still wanted to know a bit more about their situation. "You... seem rather unsurprised by a bunch of people just showing up like this... Is that sort of, ah... strangeness around here common? And what is it that keeps people indoors during the night?" He inquired toward their reticent host.

BlightGiver BlightGiver Kratoury Kratoury MocaPoka MocaPoka

Rider's humming was suddenly interrupted by someone making themselves known. He had sworn that he had been alone once he started his job guarding his Master's room, but now only a few minutes later, he was already caught by surprise by someone else. Much to his relief, it was at least an ally rather than an enemy. Assassin, who he had attempted to speak to, with little success, was standing on the opposite wall, focusing on him. She apologized for her inability to answer him before.

He waited for her apology and her attempt to pronounce his name. He waved it off, literally waving a hand in front of his face as if to bat her apology away. "It's quite alright, there's nothing to apologize for. If anything, I should be the one apologizing for interrupting your conversation with someone else by just jumping in as I did."

He let his end of the conversation die down, not really knowing where to go after that. He knew he had a slew of questions for her in regards to her manner of dress and who she was. Yet. The feeling that he wasn't completely out of the clear just because this Servant was new. Tokugawa's threat was still fresh in his mind. He screwed up his face a little, thinking and wondering if he was if Assassin knew of his predicament or if it was only between him and his fellow Japanese Servant. Still, it wasn't a chance he could take.

"I apologize, but I should return to my duties." It came out stilted and awkward as he had no way of leaving the conversation any other way, not sure of how to disengage without causing a slight.

Kratoury Kratoury

Rider's Master and him went up to the desk and asked for a room from Sherlock, and it looked like his Master needed to sleep. Archer, Assassin and Lucas all seem to be conversing mentally, and Archer eventually left the building. Assassin then went down the same hallway as Rider and his Master, and left only a handful of people in the Lobby. Though it seemed for the most part that Sherlock Holmes has ignored him and his servants questions.

John walked up towards the counter, Lucas was already there and John overheard the question Lucas had asked Holmes. "Sherlock, can you please explain to us what's happening. I figured you know what's going on. So, please tell us so we can leave sooner rather than later." John commented after Lucas, with a half smoked cigarette in his hand.

'Speaking of which, what do you think is going on?' John mentally messaged to Toko.

BlightGiver BlightGiver Dragonruby Dragonruby CatJones CatJones

As Rider dismissed her, Assassin couldn’t help but cross her arms and tilt her head just a touch to the side. The act left a cascade of inky black hair falling over and across her shoulder and even gave her a surprisingly “sassy” look. It was just youthful enough to not seem like a presented front, instead seeming like she just couldn’t help but display her skepticism openly. One delicate eyebrow lifted as she muttered out a, “You should return to your duties”, followed by a little harrumph as she shifted her eyes up to the door and then swept them down either length of the hallway.

“I see… Well,” she began, considering her words for only a brief moment before pressing on, “there is no need for you to apologize to me. You simply introduced yourself, as was polite. I on the other hand still feel some guilt over my treatment of you and um… Lancer.” She shifted herself back, moving her knees forward just a touch as her back pressed into the wall. Then, she slid down the wall to sit while making sure to use her hands to keep her skirt low enough so as to be decent. She tucked her legs in, sitting cross legged and demonstrating absolutely incredible posture as she did so. Then she she turned her attention back to the young man sitting across from her.

“Since you are so focused on your duty, I must assume that it is of the highest import. Thus, I believe that the only thing I can do to repay my debt to you is to join your vigil. After all, while my senses are far from being on par with those of a true Hassan-i-Sabbah, they are still sharp enough for simple guard duty.” After a few second’s consideration she added, “Unless you believe that my skills are deficient, of course.”

SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

Not offput by John or Lucas' blunt requests for answers, Holmes smirked with a chuckle laced accompanied by attitude. "This world is very dangerous. The gentlemen riding around at night are not exactly selective on those they meet. Everyone meets a swift end to their blades; friend or foe." Holmes didn't seem exactly happy to mention this militia patrolling during times of darkness. "I know not where y'all came from, but I'm certain you are not going to like this place. Now, why don't you go to sleep already!?" The innkeeper practically demanded this of them at this point, leaving an air of hostility, muttering an "Or else." Quickly ducking around a corner, Holmes had disappeared from their sight.

Syvvaris Syvvaris Dragonruby Dragonruby

Holmes walked along the row of doors to stumble upon Rider and Assassin keeping guard outside their master's doors. "Servants don't really need to sleep, huh?" He asked them out of the blue, arising suspicion. "That's good for them, yet makes it difficult for potential threats. Any true assassins would have a hard time sneaking in, is that it?" He seemed to unawarely goad them on for no reason, other than to keep their attention. "You guys have to do this a lot lately?"

Kratoury Kratoury SunRaHunter SunRaHunter

I am; sadly work will keep me very busy for the next 9 months or so. So I wont be terribly reliable.

Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and post a revival for this in the looking for group/fandom section. Anyone still interested who would like to continue into the story with your current characters, or make new ones for it, I'll go ahead and post the link here when I get it done. I'm thinking of resuming the story at an acceptable point, when everyone first rayshifts into SIngularity Z. I appreciate you guys going through the story with me and wish you a good day.

Syvvaris Syvvaris SunRaHunter SunRaHunter Kratoury Kratoury CatJones CatJones TelisOldfield TelisOldfield Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka AJustKnight AJustKnight LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Users who are viewing this thread

Back