• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Ethereal

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Rider
14884-SmbUYwyxl2Ib.png

Rider picked up the glass passed to him and sniffed it a bit before cautiously taking a sip. It was more flavorful than anything he was used to. There was a bitter aftertaste...but it wasn't bad. Rider took another sip as he listened to his Master speak; Watched her pull a phone from the lantern she called 'Jack'. Even with the information imparted to him by the Grail the devices she used were odd to him. Clearly not regular items, even in the current era. But of course, she was a magus. And an Assassin.

Rider listened to her speak of bumping people off as if it were nothing. It was a little sad. To see someone so young put so little value in human life. Corrupt or not they were still God's people. Beings made in Gods image and all deserved his mercy equally, whether they be sinners or saints. Therefore, while he knew of what Jacki spoke he didn't agree. Chances ought be given to those that repented. Just as he was given a a chance.

Still, he listened politely until she finished. It wasn't in his nature to interrupt. He followed her, glass in hand, as she went to a room with many pictures and pointed out her targets. She clearly had everything planned out. Knew their identities, where they lived, what they did. Whether he was there or not, she would've killed them. If he tried to stop her, she could simply use a Command Seal. Therefore, he went for a different approach.

"What makes you think the madman will show up if you do what he wants?" Rider inquired. "I am not by any means an expert assassin, but, in my experience, doing what they don't want would draw more ire and therefore more attention."

Rider finished his glass and set it down on the nearest available table. "I wasn't there when he spoke to you. However, judging from how you've described him, he hates the this city and people in it. He likely considers them as 'bad' as you do and expects that an uncontrolled, unsanctioned Grail War would lead to mass slaughter. It would all be within his plans. We don't even know the reason he wants so much chaos. It's hasty to assume that doing what he wants will draw his attention. Rather, doing what he doesn't want is generally the better way to oppose a madman."

Rider shook his head. She was his master. He couldn't kill her. Wouldn't kill her even if he could. As a Servant of the Grail war, it was his job to protect her. Therefore that was what he would do. However, if she wanted him to participate in her affairs she would have to use a command seal. Murder wasn't something he did. Not humans. Demons and other heroic spirits, maybe. If there was no other choice. "I am your Servant. I will keep you alive in this Grail War to the best of my abilities. However, I only said I would stand by your side if you go against the madman and his desires. I will not assist you in assassination."

Not by choice, at least.

Politicians. A crime lord. Some rich businessmen/CEOs. A killer.

They were all bad people who fell into sin and temptation. Who listened to the words of their inner demons. If God rained his wrath on them, then so be it. However, he wanted no part in it. He didn't even know why she wanted to kill them. Because she was a vigilante? Because she was hired to? Assassins were paid killers. So who paid her? She didn't seem to have a grudge against them. She also said it wasn't personal. He didn't think she'd have a reason to lie. "It would be an act against my faith and my God."

And he didn't look forward to another punishment.

Jacki might be his current Master, but she wasn't the one his spirit truly served. Whether she accepted the explanation or not didn't matter. The only way he would dirty his hands with sin is if she forced his hand.

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Last edited:
Saber

Saber eyed down Hyuga for a brief moment before walking over to an empty chair and sitting down. Crossing her arms she continued to stare down Hyuga. After a few minutes of staring down Hyuga, observing his every little movement and habit, she had decided that she did not like this man one bit. If she was the master she would choose not to associate with this man at all, but she wasn't the master. She was the servant Saber could only offer her advice and thoughts to her master on what they should do. She had a hunch that Ren wouldn't be happy with her assessment of Hyuga and her wanting to exterminate any contact with the man.

"You seem quite well informed..." Was all Saber would say after Hyuga explained the situation and how he came to the conclusion of the Grail War being rigged. She would remain silent as Ren and Hyuga exchanged information, going into a daze of sorts, not even reacting to Ren's playful joke towards her. The sound of a stack of papers hitting the table broke the daze she was in. Her eyes quickly examined all the papers and she easily memorized the faces and names of Hyuga's associates.

Saber quickly rose from her seat, the force of her standing up pushed the chair back slightly, "I refuse to work with these people. I do not know them or what their intentions are. They will most likely try to betray us. I have no intention of being aided by some shadow organization who is using both you and myself. I will not stoop to that level." Saber scowled at Hyuga before looking at Ren, her form beginning to dissipate, "Know this master; I shall aid you and protect you till we win this war, but I will not aid nor protect these people that shall be aiding you. The less people involved, the better." The last of her material form had disappeared with these words. It was clear that Saber had good intentions, but was frustrated at the idea of Ren's associates.

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Meanwhile...
Barthomeloi Lorelei
The Vice Director
The door to the Vice Director of the Mage's Association opened once, then twice, and finally a third time. The room was lavishly decorated with a plethora of magical artifacts and other objects of immense power. Inside the room was a large desk made of Cherry Wood with gold and silver trim. Three matching chairs sat in front of the desk, and behind it was a leather office chair. An eloquent window sat behind the chair and illuminated the office during the day A rather short woman sat in the chair, her hair and eyes were both a light brown. Her outfit was one of aristocratic origin; a white blouse made of silk and a matching white coat, with a red tie and pants deeply contrasting with the white. Along with her clothes she had brown leather boots, a steel glove on her right hand and black crop attached to her waist.

"Thank you for taking the time to meet me." Barthomeloi briefly greeted her guests before getting straight to business, "I've called you three here in order to investigate and end the Holy Grail War. Originally, it was meant to be preformed by the Mages Association, but the someone was able to catch wind of it. The Seven Masters we had chosen were kidnapped, and the original overseer and staff murdered." Barthomeloi stood up and faced the window, staring out into nightly London, "We know very little on who has hijacked the war. We have theorized that a sect within the Association is behind this. We know little to nothing about them other than they are radicals who are lead by a man merely named, 'The Man in the Top Hat.'"

Barthomeloi turned back to face her guests before taking her seat once more, letting out an exasperated sigh. She looked between the three parties in front of her before leaning forward and placing her hands on her desk.

"The Master Slayer, Flueger." Barthomeloi glanced over at the dirty man, offering a mere nod of acknowledgement in his skills and experiences.

"Bazett Fraga McRemitz..." Barthomeloi quickly went over Bazett.

"Lord El-Melloi II, Waver Velvet, survivor of the Fourth Fuyuki Holy Grail War." Barthomeloi smirked, knowing full well that the last bit would peeve Waver. Standing behind Waver was his hooded apprentice, Gray.

"You three are to investigate this group, destroy it, and end the Holy Grail War before a winner can be decided." Barthomeloi opened one of the drawers in the desk and pulled out three manila folders filled to the brim with papers, "Here is the all the information we have on the rogue group, as well as the seven masters that were chosen to participate in the Holy Grail War." Barthomeloi offered a smile, "That is all. Feel free to cooperate with each other, and use any means necessary. That is all."

Flueger was the first to grab one of the folders before quickly leaving the room. It was clear that he had no intention of working with Bazett or Waver. Bazett grabbed the next folder, skimmed through it, and then left the room. Waver stood up from the chair, never taking his eyes off of Barthomeloi and slowly strode toward the desk. He grabbed the folder and took a puff from his cigar, blowing the smoke towards Barthomeloi. Waver didn't even mutter a word toward Barthomeloi before leaving, Gray following closely behind him.

In response to Ray's heartfelt plea, the room begun to rumble and churn with magical energy. A glow steadily built within its tiny walls, quickly illuminating Ray as if he were a doe caught in a set of oncoming headlights, before, in one final flash of light, the cell returned to normalcy.

Two things, however, were changed.

The sun streamed much more brightly and beautifully into the room than it had a moment before, and its outer wall had been reduced to naught but a pile of rumble, still fresh with the scent of an ancient, violent magic.

Ray's Servant was nowhere to be seen.
The moment the Grail had dragged Caster out of the afterlife, she'd immediately been filled with disgust. Every piece of knowledge that it poured into her mind, of Grail Wars, Masters and Servants, made her feel more nauseous than seafarer who'd yet to grow their sea legs.

Was she really expected to participate in a sham like this?

It was easy enough to see the appeal. Kill some people that were already dead, and you got to fulfill all your heart's desires without putting any of the work in. For only a week, month, or perhaps a year of your life, you'd get to skip out on the hard part of your ambitions and get a taste of some sweet, sweet instant gratification. More than a little bit, it reminder her of the nobility in her time, that'd sit in their castles growing fat on bread and wine while their citizens fought and died in their name.

Well, she wasn't interested. Not in the War, not in the Grail, and especially not in the sort of person that would be audacious enough to not only call themselves her Master, but to do it in the name of a petty little ritual like this.

So, without wasting even a moment of her time on the boy and his War, she'd left, and was now wandering London's streets. She very well knew that with those Command Seals of his, he'd be able to pull her back without much fuss, but freeing herself of the influence of one of these frustrating little nuisances was still a win in her book. It was that, or he'd give up there and then, she'd go about her own business in this brave new world she'd been dragged into, and they'd both live happily ever after.

Well, judging by the sound of his voice and the look in his eyes, the boy probably didn't have much of a happily ever after to go home to after this, but that wasn't her problem.
Lucem Lucem

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back