• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom FAQ

waifu

චᆽච

Q&A

tumblr_m9srebfAat1rv97cno1_250.png

What's a gijinka?

A gijinka is most often a fan re-design of a Pokémon character (in this case) in a human or humanoid form. Instead of just human characters wearing costumes though, in Pokémon Link Pokémon features are fused with the players' human characters.

My gijinka's design is kind of crazy... is that okay?

Yup! If they're a blastoise character with bazookas, that's completely fine. It makes sense to have weapons like that for moves like Hydro Pump. I highly encourage everyone to come up with interesting ways to execute their attacks.

What is linking?

Linking is a new concept introduced in Pokémon Link. Your human character gets fused to a Pokémon "at random". Your character then receives that Pokémon's features and fighting skills. You cannot link with legendaries or more than one Pokémon.

I noticed someone else had the Pokémon I wanted to be linked with. Can I still use that Pokémon?

Of course! There are millions of players in this game. Characters that are linked with the same Pokémon can look completely different because of their customization/equipment. That said, if it's an NPC, I don't care. If it's someone's main character, I'd prefer for you to find someone else (You still can.). There's over 700 Pokémon to choose from!

Are any fan-made Pokémon/moves/abilities allowed?

Nah.

Pokémon Link is a virtual reality game?

Yes! It’s just like .hack, which served as one of the inspirations for this RP. The VR experience would be limited to visuals/audio. All players must wear headsets when playing Pokémon Link.

How do you fight in this?

You have to yell out "System", and then follow it by the attack you want your character to do. i.e. "System, Quick Attack!" It has a real time combat system as far as I'm concerned. Basically any menu-related things you do in this game, you have to yell out "System" since she's the game's UI.

Are there any battle mechanics for the RP?

Nope! I don't care about battles. I'm going to focus solely on the storyline. There is a Battle Arena for that kind of stuff, though.

How do the quests in the game work? Party system/non-PvP areas?

Same as all the other MMOs you've played really.

How will items work? Will they work as in traditional MMOs or will it just be one item held? Also do items like potions exist?

It'll be like a traditional MMO. I don't want to go into detail so be creative and use your judgement. All the items that are used in the Pokémon games will be available for the players.

Who are the Guardians?

In-game moderators!

What's The Council?

In-game administrators!

Who are the MissingNo.?

They are a group of hackers that take over player accounts. Once they steal it, players cannot take their accounts back. Players can't make another account unless they buy the game again. There is not much known about MissingNo., but some of them can actually link with multiple stolen links. A few others have been rumored to be linked with legendaries.

What happens if a player gets defeated in a normal battle?

Just like the regular Pokémon games, the player would get transported to the Pokémon Center. You cannot log out once you're engaged in battle. You can try to run away, though.

Anything else:

Be creative and use your judgement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back