• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy/Post Apocalyptic Revival

Rokku Hizori

There are worlds beyond our own, but they are beyond our reach.

After all, how can we learn more of new worlds when we have not yet learned the truth of our own?

We cannot master worlds beyond the stars

Until we recognize those beyond our eyes.

This role-play begins right before the end of the world. It is a shift, from a scientific to a Magical world, with mankind being thrust back into the Middle Ages over-night. Spirits and gods once again commune with humans, and clever individuals make bids for power. A poll will be done to decide the starting location, with the entire world being a possibility. The group can become leaders, pirates, merchants, it all depends on what choices we make as we struggle to survive.

Origins:​

Rasad stared at the small human in front of him, thoroughly amused. He was little more than a mouse, harmless, pathetic…tiny. This…man, if the childish individual before him could be called that, stood at barely five feet, and was so thin Rasad was surprised his limbs could support his body. “So…you have summoned me. What do you offer?”

“O-offer?” The man-child replied, his voice shaking.

Rasad was amused, but he did not let it show, as he was going for intimidation, nothing less. “What a sad world in which humans perform rituals they do not understand! How far have your pathetic people fallen?!” He roared, hiding his amusement. “The process is simple. You summon the representative of the Gods, then you make a deal. You understand that, yes? I am speaking the proper language, yes?”

The man nodded, clearly nervous, and looked up at the figure before him. All the things this man was, the otherworldly image was not. He was tall, handsome, imposing. His long blonde hair fell to his shoulders, and his stature was well filled and muscular. His face was hard, and dangerous, but emanated a radiant beauty beyond this world. Pine green eyes pierced into the tiny human before him. The god inwardly dubbed him ‘The Mouse’.

He gulped, and asked weakly “Wh-what do you want?” the frail creature asked.

Rasad resisted every urge to laugh at the weakling, and continued on. “There is a price to be paid for what you ask. It has been paid before, the most recent paid by the Mongols.”

“What was their price?” The Mouse asked, his voice now holding curiosity rather than fear.

Rasad smiled, and spoke slowly, dangerously. “You have heard of the Black Death, yes?”

The Mouse gulped, and attempted to force himself to say something. “D-do people have to die?”

“Of course people have to die you idiot. Blood and life is often the only price worth paying.” He lied. “Your people have lived in a world of science for over seven hundred years, the longest spent in one way of life. The price will be particularly high in this instance.” Rasad said, staring at the small man before him. He smiled then, revealing thin, handsome lips that drew anyone in who listened too closely. Language clearly danced for this god.

The man could not bring his brown eyes to meet Rasad’s, but he managed to stammer out “I don’t know what to offer.”

Rasad smiled, but it drained rather than expressed warmth. “Simple. In exchange for the switch between worlds, you will be robbed of what the previous world has provided you. Medicine, electricity, gunpowder, flight, computers, heat, all the things you’ve accomplished will be stripped from you. Everything that your species has gained will be lost. You will be thrust back into the Stone Age…and assuming you survive, will have none of this technology until the worlds are once again switched, or unless another deal is made with some spirit or god, but that is another matter entirely.” He said, his eyes piercing into the boy before him, who grew more and more childish by the second.

Interested.

tumblr_mx30x4zplF1slfz08o1_500.gif

Wonderful I'm very happy to see so many interested people, and sorry I'm responding so late! A lot of the beginning story depends on where we start out. As for the supernatural aspects, the different spirits and gods differ depending on geographic location as well as the cultural and racial compositions of our characters. Magic will also be a factor, and of course varies from which culture your character practices magic from, (ex: Celtic Pagan vs. Greek Pagan vs. Christian)

With all that said, where would everyone be interested in starting out? And are there any other questions?

Yes. No characters are changing, they're just finding out about a new aspect of the world they've never seen or truly experienced before. As far as human nature, body function, locations, weather patterns, etc, will remain the same around the world. (Expect a few disasters though, the gods are also pissed at humans. ;D)

What if some people changed into other species? Like Elves,Orcs etc? Or other species simply appearing? :o

I feel like the loss of their humanity would be quite an interesting story line for some characters.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
What if some people changed into other species? Like Elves,Orcs etc? Or other species simply appearing? :o
I feel like the loss of their humanity would be quite an interesting story line for some characters.
That. would. be. awesome.

Also, the random kid will be the most hunted person in the world. Just for the lol's the Gods should tell people exactly who caused this chaos.

No, all characters will remain human, and only some other races will return to the earth, think centaurs or Jotun. HOWEVER. Some gods will be VERY willing to change a human into whatever they desire...for a price. Some Characters will, however, suddenly find that they are innately magical, or have an ancestral contract with spirits or demons, or something along those lines.

The location we started in before was New York City, but I've always enjoyed having people pick where to start.

I suppose ideas would be: New York City; Southeast USA, UK, Sydney. Those are where I've thought about putting it before.

One vote NYC, one vote Uk, any other ideas on location/for other things? I'll get the actual forum for character sheets up some time today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back