Idea Fantasy Kingdom Roleplays Involving War And/Or Marriage Anyone? (CW: Dark Themes, potentially)

Which would you rather? (please read below for details)

• Option 1B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CrimsonDawn

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
CW:
The following roleplay ideas may contain dark themes, and while not glorifying them, may talk (non-explicitly) about things people will likely be uncomfortable about. Also, a warning: mentions of polygamy for those not comfortable with it. (Details are below spoilers to prevent needless discomfort. Please don't comment if you have no interest.)

As unpopular as it may be, I was wondering if there's anyone willing to dip their toes into and explore either arranged/forced marriage or forced servitude (leading to possible rebellions) in a group or 1 on 1 roleplay.

Both would involve some degree of kingdoms with a fantasy element involving a sort of "situationship" - or a relationship - platonic, romantic, etc. - that came to be due to conflict between and within kingdoms.

Option 1A may potentially involve polygamy, but not necessarily polyamory. Basically, there is a new invading kingdom that is quickly encroaching upon territories. Several kingdoms which up until now have mostly avoided magic and been skeptical about it with some exceptions - for instance, leaders blessed by the divine (supposedly) - are now under threat from this kingdom which has plenty of magic users. Reluctantly they turn to a magical kingdom they've been shunning this whole time - with whom they have a mutual, centuries-long rivalry -, but the ruler is unwilling to help. At the same time, he is more than happy to get his petty revenge on them for mistreating him and his subjects, so he offers help... so long as they offer their eldest daughters (who must obviously be adults of course) - the crown princesses of their countries - to him in return. He actually has 0 desire to be married off to a bunch of normies with supposedly (but not necessarily, as certain discoveries may be made further down the line), no magical abilities who have been sheltered their whole life, and that he presumes have no real use to him. (Of course, it is my hope that they'll come to prove him wrong.) Whether that'll end in a polyamory relationship and a happily-for-now, whether they split up and all go their separate ways after the situation is over, or whether it ends in some other way is ambiguous and will depend on how the roleplay goes. To that end, I would rather there was the possibility that the characters could potentially form romantic attachments to men, but they need not necessarily be straight, nor do they need to end up in het relationships. Just for it to be an option. However, there will also be side characters. (Which can be of any gender or orientation.) This roleplay will be heavily female-dominated, so be prepared for that to be potentially requested of you too if you do wish to join, but there might be some male or non-binary/genderfluid roles out there.

An alternative version (Option 1B) of this involves multiple possible arranged marriages with the princesses being sisters or half-sisters. In this scenario, each sister is expected to marry off to a prince of another country in order to strengthen alliances - though this might not go through - and prevent further conflicts. However, this is at risk of falling through not just due to potential reluctance from the princesses/princes, but also because of civil unrest, potential assassinations, terrorist attacks, kidnappings, etc. Here the princesses live in the human kingdom of Homina (I know, creative, not) and the princes each come from a different non-human race that represents the different races in their country. One country is full of elves, fae, and fairie folk, one is full of shifters, mimics (like nekos), and half-animal, half-humans (like mermaids), another is a country of vampires, succubi, and other similar organisms that live by draining humans of something, and then you've got the fourth kingdom which is the land of demons/devils, ghouls, spirits, etc.

Option 2
involves one country that found a way to subjugate magical beings and has long been very anti-magic (unless they - the regular humans - can control it). This has led to the takeover of other countries. In this takeover, they've managed to capture some of the royals from those countries. As a taunt, the king gives them the "mercy" of surviving, provided they serve his children instead. There'll definitely be coercion, blackmail, and manipulation involved in this, and it's definitely the darkest of the three, I think. Moreover, it's unlikely that the children of the king will be too kind or caring, because they'll potentially have "jerk genes" from their papa and were raised in that environment their whole lives with few moments of reprieve and little advice or love from the outside, so potentially be prepared to play a very flawed individual. This may lead to an eventual rebellion, escape, or a development in the way of thinking of the different characters, but death and suffering could also be an option, so do be ready to put your character through that, if this happens to pique your interest. It's not intended to have romance, but it's open to situationships and possibly eventual pairings if the story develops sufficiently away from the prisoner-of-war situation.

Obviously, nothing dark or romantic for these will ever be explicit, but there may be mentions of such things, cussing, violence, and mentions of gore (nothing explicit, again). Also, this does not seek to glamourise or glorify the relations above - I'm against forced marriage, slavery, coercion, war, and blackmail irl, so obviously I don't condone it -, but this'll probably be explored or mentioned in the roleplay. Also, all nations regardless of the roleplay will probably have some degree of yikes somewhere in their history, culture, etc. so in all of them I'll be expecting flawed characters all-round, even in those situations where there still is a victim and a perpetrator. You are more than welcome to abstain - please don't comment here if you intend to do that, though -, and I intend to provide warnings.

These can also be reworked for a 1 x 1 roleplay and can involve existing characters or some variation of them if the characters are sufficiently humanoid and I recognise them.

I think I might have interest for Option 2 elsewhere now, so I may be taking it off the list.

But options 1A and 1B could still be interested in doing.

Otherwise, I have an alternative proposal that is similar but different, involving a demon lord taking a bride from one of the daughters of the leaders of each of the races, in return for signing off a peace treaty and basically promising to be on good behaviour. It'd be largely M x F and F x F (potentially between the brides), but side characters might allow for M x M and Nb x Any romantic pairings, as well as more platonic relations. Can include fandom characters, as can all the other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back