• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Familiar Sights {Private}

Elite04

"Ha, ha-" A hoarse breath came from the young boy's throat as he wiped sweat from his brow, "Great training today again, Inceneroar!" He laughed putting his hands on his knees. The Pokemon looked back in pride and weariness as well from training. It had been several months since the events of having a new Champion and Lillie's family situation. Hau had finally found himself in a good place in his life, though he still hadn't fessed up to his crush. Iki Town was always and would always be him home but, there was always something more, something more he wanted to see. Something more beyond the four islands that he had known all of his life. He hadn't even seen his own Pokemon come up to him and pat him on the back as he was caught off guard in thought, "Inceneroar!" He shouted as both him and his Pokemon jumped back some from both being scared, "I'm sorry I was just thinking," His grey eyes averted his Pokemon for a moment as his Pokemon nodded as if understanding what he felt without words. "Would you ever want to go somewhere out of Alola?" He asked, his Pokemon looked unsure for a moment, "Like, to get stronger? I'm sure it would be a lot of fun!"

Upon hearing the word 'fun', Incenroar perked up and gave Hau a hardy clap with his hands. "I knew you would buddy!" Hau laughed and clapped along with his Pokemon, "We could even go where Lillie went!" He paused for a moment thinking of her and trying to care for her mom in an unknown region that she'd never went to. His chocolate fist clenched at the thought of how tough it would be for her and how brave she was to do it. "Rawrg," Inceneroar insisted putting a hand on Hau's shoulder seeing that his eyes had drifted away in thought. "Right! I forgot again!" He laughed and put a hand on the back of his neck, "Shall we head to Hao'li City and get you malasadas like I promised you?" "Ra!" Inceneroar chanted taking his hand away from Hau and starting to walk in the direction of the city motioning for Hau to come along. "Got it! Last one there is a rotten exeggcute!" He laughed and gave a run instantly passing up his Pokemon for a second. His thoughts changed to Lore and how him and Trinity defeated Team Skull by themselves but moreso on how Lore handled himself. How buff and strong hearted he was illuded Hau. He stopped for a moment and his Pokemon stopped too ahead of him. The Pokemon looked defeated and slumped. "Sorry, last time I'll get distracted!" And he started running again.

Lore had stopped by the malasadas shop when he eas in Hao'li City, it had been where Primarina's favourite malasadas were made. Nice and sweet and worth every cent, it was enjoyable for the two of them. "Man, it's hard to believe this is one of our last meals here." He put his hand up to his face, drifting off into thought as Primeval snacked happily on her malasadas. "Gwoo!" She cooed, continuing on with her snacking. "You'll like it in Johto, I'm sure of it. I'm sure you'll love it a lot!" Lore said, happily. Then his face dropped, what about his lovely rival? Who made him smile everytime Hau happily talked to him. It would be hard to leave the islands, especially after becoming so invested. "What should I do about that though? I mean, I know Lillie did the same, but I don't want to leave Hau all alone." He continued rambling aimlessly, trying to think of what he could do. Sure, he could ask Hau to come with him... But would Hau want to? He was worried that it wouldn't be the case, but yet again he could be wrong. It was embarrassing to think he could ask and get denied, yet he also couldn't see Hau doing that.

Hau was ordering himself a sweet malasada and his Pokemon a spicy one as Lore came in. Once the lady had given him his malasadas he turned around and noticed Lore. He instantly reddened up and hoped Lore wouldn't notice and he nearly dropped his malasada when he saw his crush too. "Uh-Alola Lore! Nice to see you again!" He nervously stuttered, Incineroar looked at him weirdly and Hau turned his attention to Lore's Primarina, "Good to see you again, Primarina! Is this your favorite malasade shop too? Incineroar loves this one as well!" Incineroar looked at Hau as if to say "don't bring me into this". Hau nervously laughed and said, "Nice day for a malasada, huh? Though, everyday is a nice day for a malasada!"

"Alola Hau!" Lore choked out, realizing that he had just finished the conversation with Primeval. Talk about speak of the devil, that was for sure. He couldn't believe that his crush had showed up just as he had been thinking of him. "Yeah, Primeval has been really on her game lately so I decided I would treat her to her favourite. My favourite is honestly on a different island." He admited, he much enjoyed sour things compared to sweet things due to the fact that sweet things often made his stomach upset. "I uh, wanted to talk to you about something." Lore admitted, with a nervous smile.

"Yeah-" Hau asked a bit nervously feeding off of Lore's vibes as he took a bit of malasada leaving the filling some on his chin. "-What's up?" Incineroar took a seat sort of lounging and 'enjoying' the view. Hau looked nervously at his Pokemon that sort of seemed to be enjoying his trainer being upset then looked back at not only the champion of Alola, but the Champion of his heart.

"Well... I'm going back to my home region." Lore admitted, his chest already clenching up and stuffling his breathing. Which caused him to hardly be able to put together his thoughts, he knew that he had to ask for sure. Lore looked towards the window and then back at Hau, his nervous smile plastered on his face.. "I was born in Johto and well, I want you to come with me. It's, just a visit." Lore finally strangled out the words, it took a lot of anxiety out of him to say it finally.

Hau nearly choked on his malasada when Lore told him what as on his mind. "Wha-Really? Me?" He could hardly believe it. To him, everyone seemed to be born in Alola. He had no idea that any region besides Alola and Kanto even existed, how long want to take him on an adventure with Lore. "Are you sure?! You're the champion! Why would you want to ever leave-" He caught himself mid-sentence and looked at his inceneroar who just nodded. "I guess homesickness is a thing-but of course!" His smile grew brighter with every word of his sentences, "Incineroar and I were just talking about going on a great adventure! How long with you! It will be fantastic! Tho-" He leaned in close using a hand to wipe the malasada filling off of his chin, "-Is there malasada in Johto?"

"I... Don't think so, but we can always buy some to bring along." Lore suggested, hoping they were allowed to bring it along with them. Lore was sure that if they weren't Primerima would be fairly upset with having to go, then he remembered the league. Who would take his spot while he was gone? He didn't want to cause people to wait impatiently to challenge the league just because the champion decided to go home. "There is all sorts of other things though! I'm sure you'll love it, it has really cool pokemon there and forests." Lore explained, thinking about Johto. How much he missed the place, especially the big city of Goldenrod.

"Oh man! You hear that, incineroar?" He chirped up and his Pokemon got up flexing and looking rather pleased. "I can't believe though-" His gaze averted for a second before he looked back at Lore, "-That I'm important enough. Still!" He perked up to being his usual self again. "An oppertunity like this couldn't be at a better time! I've never been to another region so it will be a ton of fun! Wooo-" He shook like a leaf for a second letting a cold chill go over himself, "I'm getting chicken skin already from the excitment!"

"I'm really glad to hear it. It's a really important place to me." Lore admitted, his cheeks starting to turn red slightly in his crush's excitement and the statement of Hau being important enough. "Heck yeah you're important enough, I wouldn't want to go with anyone else more than you." He didn't think as he spoke, hoping afterward that Hau would pass it off as him being his best friend.

Hau finished his malasada faster than ever before nearly choking on it as he scarfed it down. "I wouldn't want to leave this region with anyone but you!" He smiled. His incineroar winked at Primamarina, already ahead of the game on what was eventually to go down and to come.

Lore was lucky that he was almost always red in the face, otherwise, it would have been clear how much the butterflies that used to be settled were fluttering about. He bit his tongue, feeling as if he didn't he would confess then and there.
"It's very close to Kanto, so we could stop by there while we're there. Johto actually shares the Pokemon League with Kanto, it's pretty interesting." Lore explained, thinking about how he had learnt about it.

When he first lived there, his family had showed him the massive building that was the Pokemon League, right beside Viridian City. To think he was returning to his home in Goldenrod was exhilarating. He felt like he could run all the way there, despite being on an island.
"I'll make sure we see the best sights okay?"

"Of course!" Hau was overwhelmed with emotion at that point. He was already practically jumping up and down. "Oh-" He, out of instinct and excitement, grabbed Lore into a hug and wrapped his arms around his back, "I can't wait! I can't wait! Let's go as soon a possible I don't want to wait a single moment..." He stopped for a second only then realizing that he had grabbed Lore so abruptly and slowly let him go. "Uh, super sorry," He apologized and rubbed the back of his neck adverting his eyes.

Lore forgot about Hau's excitement for a moment and got taken aback when he was pulled aggressively into a hug. He enjoyed the hug though, glad that he had made his crush so happy with his invitation.
"Don't be, it's no problem." He reassured his treasured friend, he loved physical affection.
"We can leave today, the last ferry is an hour from now. So we can catch that, but you'd have to get ready pretty fast." Lore laughed, thinking about how fast Hau would probably pack after that information.

"We can get ready in twenty minutes!" Hau remarked giving his Pokemon a challenging glance, "I'll be back, faster than a tauros in Poni Island's vast canyon on a hot day!" His incineroar came beside him giving a challenging glance back, "Ready Incineraroar?"
His Pokemon nodded and gave a good low growl, "Ready, set, go!" He shouted and he and his Pokemon sped off out of the restaurant, of course, he threw his trash away as he passed by the trash can by the door. The doors swung open back and forth a few times showing that they had left with such a hurry and force.

Lore watched Hau exit the restaurant and turned over to his Primarina, who coo'd at the attention.
"Alright, we better go get our luggage." He told her, she nodded and he returned her to her pokeball so he could start heading back to his house. His mind racing still, thinking about all the things that Hau had told him. He felt flustered knowing Hau was so excited to go on an adventure with him, rather than anyone else.

He soon sat in front of the loading dock, waiting for his dear friend. Lore couldn't believe it, that he was really heading back to the region he had taken residence in years ago. Nonetheless, with someone he soon wished that he could confess his feelings for.

Hau quickly packed his things, what little he had of them. Since his days started where he traveled everywhere he kept a lot in his backpack. In a duffle bag, he packed some bedding stuff and other homely items he couldn't fit in his backpack otherwise. He returned his Pokemon back to their Pokeballs just to cut down on travel time and travel anxiety then said goodbye to his folks.

The young trainer raced to the harbor in Hau'oli City as fast as he could from his house. He was so excited to go adventuring with Lore, it was like a dream come true. "I'm-" He huffed as soon as he arrived, hands on his knees, "-Here. I hope I didn't miss anything. My blood is pumping so fast I'm almost 'fraid my heart can't keep up."

"Take some deep breaths. I don't want you having a heart attack on the boat." Lore slightly chuckled, as he was still fairly worried. He wanted to pass it off as a joke so he didn't seem abnormally worried and cause Hau to wonder why. Lore thought about how hard it was to keep himself from revealing his crush on Hau, and he was tempted to just admit it.

"Anyway, the boat's waiting so let's grab a drink to go. How does that sound?" Lore got up from his spot in front of the dock door and headed inside the ferry building. He first made a stop by the vending machine.
"What would you like to drink?" He asked.

"Pinap juice is my favorite," Hau laughed taking in a few big breaths and heaving his chest some. "So, I'll have to say pinap juice. Tapu Cocoa is a close second though." He smiled and looked through his duffle bag to make sure that he had everything he would need. Despite this being the third time he had looked, he just wanted to make sure.
"Extra outfits, check," His hand moved things around in his bag. Hau was never the neatest person alive, "Socks, check, potions, check, revives, check, Pokebeans, check, Malasadas, extra check, bathroom supplies, check." He pulled his head up from the bag still following Lore, "Yup, I think I got everything I need!"

"Alright, I'll get one too." Lore put the money into the machine and got one pinap juice, then he handed it to Hau. Lore got himself his own pinap juice, then headed over to ferry woman.

"Hey, two tickets to Goldenrod City in Johto please." Lore told her, she nodded and printed out the two tickets. He handed the money required for the fare, then they got the tickets.
He passed Hau his own, he smiled at his friend and lead the way to the ferry.

He was a bit surprised when Lore handed him the tickets, "You didn't have to pay for me," He insisted and got what the fare would be out of his bag. "I'm excited though," He smiled and swallowed. His throat seemed a bit hollow and raw from excitement like he'd been heaving too much air, which he probably was. He opened the Pinap juice and began to gulp it down, most likely to soothe his frazzled nerves. Hau had really meant to gingerly sip it, however, once he got a taste he just couldn't help himself but guzzle it down.

"Well too bad, I did." Lore stuck out his tongue at Hau, and they boarded the boat. He couldn't believe they were heading to Johto, it all felt like a dream. Everything mushing together, like a toddler squishing its food. He was so excited, yet slightly scared to go back after so long. He wondered about all that changed, he wondered if Hau would even like it. Lore pinched himself, reminding himself that no matter what Hau wasn't going to be disappointed. After all, you couldn't disappoint Hau ever.

As they boarded the boat since it was going to be a long ride Hau looked around for a comfortable seat. It was sort of weird not having one of his Pokemon follow him around, however, it was probably for the better. He put a hand softly on Lore's shoulder, "Don't worry about the trip, alright?" His childish smile beamed from his face with the glow of a radiant sunbeam, "It'll all be alright, trust me on this, okay? We'll have fun wherever we go."

Lore was a bit taken aback by the sudden touch on his shoulder, but he didn't jump or have it catch him off guard.
"Thanks, I needed to hear that. I just, don't know if my home will be as cool as Alola." Lore admitted, he had never seen many tourists in Johto and he wasn't sure if there was anything really to like. After all, he really loved the smallest things about Johto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back