• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Familiar Faces (Flip and Sandra)

11 Years Ago

Kori ran out the entrance of the orphanage, tears in his eyes, as he ran towards his first and only friend, Calix. As he reached her, he grabbed her sleeves, bawling, "Please don't go, Calix! You can't! Don't leave me!" His friend was adopted, and she was being taken away from him by her new parents. His ears were drooping. He didn't care what her new parents thought about him, being a neko and all.

Calix looked back as she heard bawling and was pulled back anyways by her sleeves. She was sad but now even sadder. "..I'm sorry, Kori. I want to stay with you.. but i have parents now and.." She looked back at her adoptive parents. Calix gave Kori a big hugged and she cried as well. "I'm sorry." She wiped to tears rolling down his face as they parted and gave him a small weak smile. "Bye."

Present Day

It was the middle of September, almost a month after school started. Tree leaves in the school yard were starting to turn orange and red as Kori trudged along, his hood up to hide his ears and his tail uncomfortably tucked beneath his hoodie, squeezed underneath his backpack. He was used to it, though. He was a new student, but no one seemed to pay attention. Good. No one to be asked questions by or to give answers to.

Of course, Calix had dropped some books in the hallway. It was early but she had to get to class soon. She sighed frustratedly and started to pick up her books. She looked up time to time and saw... a new student? With a hoodie on, trying to cover his face, maybe...? She thought for a moment but shook her head and continued to pick up her things.

Kori pulled a paper out of his pocket which had his locker number on it, along with the lock combination. He input the locker combination and opened the locker, putting the things he didn't need inside. He closed the door and walked away, bumping into another student.

"Hey, watch it!" the student exclaimed, turning to face Kori.

"Sorry," Kori mumbled, walking away afterwards.

"
Weirdo..."

As Calix picked everything up, she slowly started to walk toward her locker by the other new student's. She frowned as the other kid was being a jerk to the hooded kid. But this happens every day. Calix sighed she put her books into her locker and got what she needed. Calix started to walk off in the same direction of the new student.

Kori continued to walk onwards, but he sensed that someone was following him. His ears twitched slightly under his hood, but it was barely noticeable to the human eye. "Hm?" he mumbled, looking behind him. He saw a girl with brown hair behind him. His own hair was hanging in front of his eyes, but he could still see clearly. Kori shrugged, turning around and walking away.

Calix was walking casually but when the student turned around and looked at her. She frowned a little. "Hmph. Just going to class.." She muttered. Though she decided to walk up beside the student. Calix looked at him for a moment. "Umm. Hi. Are you new?"

"Who's asking?" Kori said, a bit of disrespect in his tone of voice. He didn't like people, especially ones that approached him for no reason. He pulled another paper out of his pocket which had his class schedule written on it. The first class was math, but he didn't know where the room was.

Calix laughed uneasily. "Hey, i'm justing asking.. jeez.. anyways um.." She trailed off and saw his first class by the paper he pulled out. Calix grinned. "Oh perfect. Well. Me and you have class together~! Math is over here. Just follow me!" She said and started to walk ahead of the boy.

Great, a class with a person who already annoys me, Kori thought to himself. He had no choice but to follow her since she knew the school and he didn't, but he wasn't thanking her anytime soon. His ears twitched slightly under his hood as he walked along, but it was barely noticeable.

Calix happily went along her way, stopping in front of the last class room down the left hall. "Math. C'mon." She stepped in, being greeted by many faces. Calix would casually say hello, and some of her friends would say hi to Kori. Even if they didn't now him. They were a friendly bunch. "You can sit by me, if ya like."

Kori ignored the students greeting him. She's seems pretty popular, he thought to himself as he walked over to an empty seat next to the window, putting his stuff on the ground and sat down. The teacher looked up from her desk and noticed him sitting in the corner. Once the bell rang, all the students in the room sat down in their seats, prompting the teacher to get up and start her lesson.

"Good morning, class! It appears as if we have a new student joining us. Excuse me, could you please tell us your name?" the teacher said, gesturing at Kori.

Kori grumbled a little. "Kori Steinwell."

"
Also, I apologize, but I don't allow hats or hoods on in my class."

Kori stood up and gave the teacher a note from the principle. The teacher read the note carefully, glancing at Kori from time to time.

"
I see... well, welcome to our class."

Kori returned to his seat as the teacher continued with her lesson. His ears twitched under his hood in annoyance.

((@Sandra: would you like me to tag you when I post just so you know that I posted?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back