• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fallout 2318: Neo's Path

hephrakith

Newcoming Regular

War. War never changes.

After the events at the Jefferson Memorial, clean water finally flows in the wastelands that once was the Northeastern Coast of the United States of America. In the following years, many scientists came together and created a multitude of items to make the devastated area less inhabitable. However, only a few items were created before The Incident occurred.

The Incident is shrouded in mystery. Some say it was the Super Mutants from outside the Washington Monument, attacking the exterior of the labs and blocking in the creators for days on end. Others, mere loss of sanity due to working long hours and lack of sleep. Whatever happened, the staff working inside the Memorial were driven to the point of evacuation, leaving their audio logs, ideas, and their mental stabilities behind.

In the year 2318, Neo Windship found himself in the ruins of the laboratory inside the Memorial among the array of objects and items. Many of these objects are revolutionary yet only a small number of each invention were created before The Incident. These are the tales of the various devices and Neo's encounters with other wanderers that he met in the irradiated areas around the former capital of a once mighty nation.​

Rules:

1) No punching people in the face without good reason. Good reason determined by hephrakith

2) Don't be a moron.

3) No godmodding. (No 100% accuracy)

4) Don't steal from other PC's.

5) No suicide.

6) No murdering other PC's.

7) Your first post must be at least one 3-4 sentence paragraph.

The air was stale with radiation and super mutant blood. The warm, smoking barrel of Neo Windship's sniper rifle didn't help much. "Well," he thought to himself, "at least I'm not dead...." Neo itched his neck and continued walking on. He had told his friends to meet him at the abandoned Jefferson Memorial because he caught word that there were interesting objects laying around there. Neo smiled with this in mind as he crawled to the edge of a slightly high cliff to scope out the area.

"Not one green bastard in sight..." He whispered to himself while scanning the area, "and someone left Rosie outside again, of course." Standing up with a slight wince under his helmet, Neo began the short trip over to the monument.

It was 4:52 on a musty afternoon; about the time Alice needed to head over to the Jefferson Memorial, as Neo had instructed. The reason he wanted his comrades to meet him over there was unknown - but Alice knew that she mustn't wait any longer. She took her backpack, containing materials important to her, and slung it over her shoulder. After that, she bent over and tightened her prosthetic to made sure it was secure. Taking the gun off from her makeshift bedside table, she then headed out the door.

As Alice walked to her destination, she hummed a off-key tune and held onto the charm of her necklace. It was a decent hike for her, as her shelter was farthest from the memorial. When she finally arrived, she tucked her necklace back into her shirt, and waved to Neo. "Hello," Alice called.

Adjusting his rifle, Neo waved to her, smiling under his helmet. His slouch was not as bad as it had been the past few days but was still noticeably painful.

"He left Rosie outside again, I assume?" Neo spoke as he neared his friend.

"I'm guessing," Alice murmured, rubbing her chin. A sigh escaped her mouth. Her eyes wandered over to Rosie, so she reached out and patted one of her heads softly. The other head looked at her with a longing expression on its face, and it shoved his nose under her palm. Alice giggled quietly, amused by Rosie's antics.

"What's on the agenda for today, Neo?" She coughed. "As in, why'd you tell me and Clover to come here?"

"Well, there seems to be some neat-o stuff from Project Purity as well as things that the techies were working on pre-Incident."

Neo grabbed the water brahmin's lead, bringing her inside as he picked up his toolbox off her side pack.

Bob runs in frantically and trips on a rock, falling to his face. He looks up and says awkwardly: "Hey.... I'm late." He got up and looked around, trying to put his finger on what his friend could of found that was so interesting here. "So what are we doing?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"5:03," her watch read. Clover was already 3 minutes late to that stupid meeting that Neo had planned but that was the least of her concern. His message didn't seem to frantic so she took her time getting there. It's not like it mattered anyways.

Clover was currently thinking about her parents and her brother which had put her in quite the depressed mood. She was already pissed off 5 minutes before, so at this point she found herself on edge. "Don't take it out on them," she thought to herself. "They did nothing wrong," she continued.

As she made her way towards the exit, she made sure she had everything she needed in her bag and took her gun out of its holster. Quickly and quietly, she emerged from the basement that she calls home through the large double trap doors that fall outward. A quick, short whistle sent Remo-her German Shepard-shooting from the basement behind her to scout the area for any dangers. After a minute or two, Remo returned to her side with a proud look. "Fine," Clover sighed as she opened her bag to retrieve the small plastic bag filled with dog biscuits. She threw one in the air for him to catch as she walked in the general direction of the Jefferson Memorial.

As she approached the building, she took a deep breath and told herself once more to behave. She couldn't blame them for her personal troubles.

Neo looked around and thought, "Where's Clover...?" He started taking a look around the ruined Gift Shop area for stray bottle caps.

Alice giggled as Bob fell to the ground, dusting swirling around him as his body hit the pathway beneath their feet. "You okay?" She asked him in a concerned voice. Just as the words left her mouth, the sound of footsteps could be heard behind Neo, Bob, and Alice. She quickly turned around, just in case the footsteps came from an intruder. When she turned around she saw Clover, her brown her swinging around the small of her back. Excited to see one of her best friends, she waved happily.

"Hi Clover!" She called. Despite her cheerful greeting, Clover didn't look like she was in a good mood. The past two years were rough on her, so Alice understood where she was coming from. However, Alice still tried to rub off whatever goodness she could onto Clover, in an effort to make her more joyful. "Late?" She asked calmly.

As Clover walked into the building, she realized that this was an awkward situation indeed. Bob was on the floor for some strange reason, and Alice was standing over him laughing, offering words of comfort. Clover was late; she knew that. But it was more than awkward when everyone in the room looked up to see her walking in.

"Hi Clover! Late?" The words came from Alice's mouth. "Yea. Sorry I guess. I was... distracted." Clover said calmly. "Wheres Neo?" Clover asked walking over to them. Clover kept her distance, but Remo clearly had no concept of personal space as he shot over to Bob to lick his face.

Neo walked into a storage closet, seeing many leftover boxes from Purity. "Found some stuff." He spoke softly, as if he were trying to not draw attention to himself. Opening the first boxes, he found nothing but copper wire, which was very rare at this point and Neo could probably sell this in a nearby town for lots of caps.

After looting for ten-ish minutes, he found 10 mentats, 26 Nuka-Cola, 90 bottle caps, and 4 bottles of whiskey. "Yes... Finally..." Neo threw them in his bag and walked out to the others and went back out to the others.

"Neo is..." Alice trailed off, her eyes searching the room for him. Once she spotted him, she squinted her eyes to see what he was doing. He was rummaging through a door labeled with a rusty sign that read, "Storage." He pulled out various things and put them into his bag, including a few bottles of whisky. She grumbled, knowing that he shouldn't drink that much. However, Alice doesn't try and stop him because she knows there's no use - he's addicted to the stuff.

"Over there," she mumbled to Clover.

"Neo is..." Alice said as both Alice and Clover spotted him in the storage room with whiskey in his hands. The disappointment on both of their faces was clear. "Over there," Alice finished. Everyone in this small group of friends knew that Neo had an addiction to alcohol, but it bothered Clover the most. She hated it when anyone, especially Neo, drank. "What the hell is he doing? We have things to do and it's not like he can get anything done wasted!" Clover thought.

Alice stayed put, but Clover's annoyance was already off the charts, and her bad mood hadn't settled even the slightest. "Christ," Clover whispered to herself as she stormed over to the door labeled "Storage". She knew that if she looked at Alice she would try and stop her so she kept her head foreword and her eyes on Neo who was just emerging from the small room.

"What the HELL do you think your doing?" Clover growled at Neo gesturing to the bottles in his backpack.

"Don't worry about me," Neo retorted as he put the bottles in his bag. Clover always bothered him about his whiskey and Neo disliked her for that. To annoy her further, he pulled out his flask and took a swig. "Now, please, we have work to do."

Clover felt her insides boiling and she didn't know if she could take anymore. "Calm down, calm down..."

"I'm not worried about you," Clover retorted. "In fact, I could care less about you as a person. But it isn't faire to me or anyone for that matter that we're forced to sit here and watch you waste your life away on whiskey. We could have been out of this place already. Now put the whiskey back. This is bullshit."

"Just leave me alone about it, okay? I made it cross-country without your nagging, so I can definitely scavenge without it." Turning his back on Clover, Neo opened the door to the Rotunda.

The large dome-shaped room was very loud with the excessive noise from Project Purity's engines whirring away behind the steps that led to a walkway around the room to the massive lab area. Going around, he entered the lab without a sound.

Alice watched awkwardly as Clover and Neo argued over the bottles of whisky, then stared in awe at the things Neo collected. That was one thing she admired about him - the fact that he was good at finding things, even though some weren't useful. After Neo dismissed Clover, he walked away and opened the door to the Rotunda.

Turning to Clover, Alice gave her a questioning look.

"What an asshole," Clover said, walking over to Alice, moving her hands dramatically. "He always finds a way to get under my skin," she continued.

As Clover looked around the room, she saw that Remo was still with Bob. That dog loved him, that's for sure.

"Oh," said Alice, not knowing what to say. She didn't like to take sides, as both parties were her friends. She didn't like seeing them argue either. "He always finds a way to get under my skin," Clover had said. Alice sighed, tired of her friend's constant agitation.

"He's probably just tired and stressed," She said. "You know he is."

Upon entering the lab, Neo saw a multitude of projects on the table. He scurried over and examined them.

"RadSpray, Addiction Removal, Centaur Repellent... Wow, this place has some neat stuff...." He scooped up the experiments and placed them in his bag as well. This find was spectacular. Things he never knew existed and also things they had needed for a while were finally at his fingertips.

Irritated with the lack of support she was getting from her friend, Clover turned with a sigh and began to walk towards the door that Neo had walked through. "Remo" She ordered finally tearing the dog away from Bob. Although Bob looked a little disappointed, Remo remained unfazed and seemed content to be reunited with his owner.

"Lets go" Clover barked at Alice and Bob. She didn't mean to be so hostile, but the lack of sleep, thoughts of her deceased family, and Neo with his stupid whisky was really weighing her down. "I need someone to talk to." She stated to herself. "Remo will have to do for now."

As Clover walked away, her mouth flatlined. Alice was disappointed in herself for not helping her friend. She knew she should have, but she was conflicted because she didn't want to become dependent on anyone. This was one of the things she was most terrified of - relying on others to the point of needing them, and becoming weak. A sigh escaped her mouth, then she quietly followed Clover, Bob, and Remo.

Neo glanced around the room again and found a lit up terminal. Moseying over to it, he opened up some files on the main screen and read about the different prototypes he had grabbed from the main lab table. He threw the documents onto his Pipboy for safe keeping. "Might as well have a little more info on them..." he muttered.

As Clover walked in, she spotted Neo walking over to one of the few remaining lit terminals. "Are you going to have us do something? Or are we just going to sit here, watching you pretend you can actually do something productive?" Clover shouted from the doorway. "Last i checked you brought us here to do something important, unless that was just an excuse to get us to come here. Take note, if thats the case, i'm out of here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back