Falling Roses (Ninbinz & Tigress)

Tigress

Feline Overlord
She got her next task and had it completed withing the night. As per usual, the young assassin placed a red rose on the contract's chest before getting up and leaving, sheathing her daggers and pulling up her white hood to hide her long brown hair as she slipped out into the cold night air. She wondered what the reactions of the contract's family members were when they found him, but soon let the thought slide, knowing that the families didn't matter. All that mattered were that the contracts died quickly, and that she got her pay.

She made her way back to her employer, looking around the room once she had entered it. She frowned when her employer came up to her, handing her a letter. "Your next contract is here already. The pay is better than the last ones, and there is another assassin after the same contract. It will be like this for a while" he explained simply before handing her a bag of gold coins. She took them and tied them to her belt. "Understood. I will get this contract over with as soon as possible" she stated simply, stepping back into the shadows.

She looked at the letter and raised an eyebrow, looking at the name of her next contract. "The noble.... The most influential man in seven countries? I can understand why there are people who want him gone, but I never thought I'd be getting a contract as well known as this.... Which means the competition is also a good assassin, better than good really...." she thought to herself, folding the letter again and slipping it into her satchel.

Wyatt crouched in the darkness, the silence of the night was all consuming. At his feet lay the body of a banker, were it not for the arrow planted firmly in the middle of his temple he might seem to be sleeping. The fat man hadn't known it was coming, to him; he was loved by the stars and the moon up above but alas he could not cast his gaze to the detritus at his feet. The spiders had all conspired for his death simply because they thought one of them would get his gold. "Hasty fools..." He whispered to himself. Little did the spiders know; their target had a will and a daughter to whom he passed all of his worldly possessions to and she would be well equipped to deal with their conniving ways.

Wyatt placed a white rose on the man's breast, a token for his employers. a means to let them know who had struck the killing blow on their behalf.

His kill complete, he returned to his employer with one of the banker's fingers in a pouch for proof of the kill and so he wouldn't try to rip him off yet again.

He knocked on the ok door to a small building squatting at the edge of the city, it opened a crack and an eye appeared, a very beady, suspicious eye. Seconds later the door opened to reveal the eye was attached to a small wiry man with a scruffy look about him. Wyatt didn't say a word and pulled the blood seeping pouch from his belt and lobbed it at the man's feet. Then exactly in the sae fashion; a pouch that crinkled with the sound of golf landed at his own feet. The pair of them bent to pick up their respective pouches and went about checking them for authenticity.

Wyatt pulled the dagger at his hip and went about scratching every coin to ensure they were of real gold. Meanwhile the duo struck up idle conversation. "I've another job if you want it. Big money, but you'll have some competition this time around." His employer remarked, poison dripping in every syllable. "I'll take it, give me the papers and I'll read 'em when I get home." He replied.

Jinx lay back on her bed with a loud yawn, shaking her head. "Sigh... So I have to kill a noble, and I have competition this time...? I guess that sounds like fun. And since the pay is good...." a dark smirk formed on her lips as she paused. "Then having the competition is definitely worth it. And if I manage to kill this competition then maybe I'll get extra pay" her voice was dripping with excitement as she began imagining how she was going to add this noble to her list of kills. She looked at her wall, smirking at her weapons and trying to chose which one to use.

She yawned slightly. The next day she would go move towards where the noble lived. She would kill him quickly, working with twin swords and poison that would kill the male slowly, but not slowly enough that the competition would kill him.

Wyatt returned home to his cozy living room, in which sat a single soft reading chair just opposite a small fire that crackled with warmth. It was only a small house, it's interior spartan but characteristic of the man who lived within. Wyatt sat down to a bowl of lean stew prepared that morning for his nightly return. under candle light he read the parchment that detailed his mission. The target was interesting to say the least, a god amongst men, so much so that people in the area often swore fealty to him instead of the queen herself. The assassin shook his head, the Noble had earned his friends and supporters honestly but he had earned his enemies in exactly the same way. Wyatt sighed his displeasure, there wasn't nearly enough detail on his competition, for all he knew it could be some old hag with a pension for poison or it could have been the infamous Rory Aldridge, he had no clue.

Planning was a cinch, he had a pretty good idea of the security, he knew where the noble was going to be over the next week, so rather than wait for his competition to make the first move he thought he would go tomorrow and make the kill before they even had the chance. He looked over all of his weapons but decided against a melee option, the man had too many guards to risk losing the kill. No he'd go for the ranged kill. So he prepared, oiled and polished his bow. He checked the fletching on all of his arrows before placing them ever so carefully within their quiver. He found a cowl that would hide his face and picked clothes that would match the roofs. He sharpened his dagger and his short sword just in case things got hairy.

Before he knew it, Wyatt was asleep in his bed waiting for the dawn to arrive, he could already hear the old clinking in his purse.

Early the next morning, before the sun rose into the sky she was already on her way. Jinx was making her way through the shadows with her companion who always helped her with quick escapes and getting to where she needed to be quickly. A pitch black stallion named Bloody Night, simply called 'Night' for short. He had been with her since he was a colt and had always helped her get away undetected. Sure she would be upset if he were to get killed or found while she was on a mission, but in all honesty it didn't bother her. She would easily find a new horse, it was just a companion after all. Nothing important.

She moved swiftly, watching from the shadows, keeping her gaze on the parade where the noble would be soon. There were a lot of people around, meaning more risks, but that was just part of the fun. She touched the sword and the thin wire whip at her side, her weapons of choice. Jinx had always been one for close, hand-to-hand combat instead of ranged kills, which it why her targets were always taken out in bloody, painful ways instead of a swift kill of an arrow through the heart. She snickered softly, urging Night forward to the mansion where the noble lived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back