Falling Apart All Over Again (Dististik & StarDust)

Kael was quiet for a moment, thinking carefully. "radiation isnt a good place for us." he decided. "didnt you say....well i know i havent really done much exploring since arriving in this timeline, but i thought you said something about America 2 being an artificially created continent? perhaps im wrong." Kael wondered if he was hoping for too much. he wanted so desperately to see something of his own timeline, but 1000 years had long since past and he couldnt imagine anything had survived. "is there any chance at all...that part of the original North American continent is recognizable?" he was starting to long for a familiar place, familiar sights. he was homesick, and he felt so in a place where he couldn't merely drive home.

(i couldnt remember if you said that they were living on an anarchy filled artificial continent, or if the real america had just become that way.)

"Yeah, America 2 was the second artificial continent after New Japan which was created once the so called 'mega earthquake' destroyed Tokyo," Kelsey briefly paused, "America 2 was built about a hundred miles off of Hawaii so were far from the original America." She could tell he wanted to go back to where he was from but America was far from safe anyways. Full nuclear strike on the United States happened in about 2038, five years after America 2 was built and 80% of the population had already moved there. Wherever Kael was from it wasn't standing anymore let alone hard and dangerous to get to. She didn't tell him this so it wouldn't crush his spirits. "I don't think there are any legal ways to get to the United States but we're already breaking the law so if we get enough boat fuel and a vessel we could try to go there." She kept quiet for a little. "But we will need a place close to the edge of the nation to stay until we get those things."

Kael nodded, "true... but with all of the nuclear war will it be safe? i mean... i dont want to risk our lives on teh vague chance that there is some piece of history left in rubble....are you sure it will be ok Kelsey? i want the truth." he said as the bike began slowing. they were far from where they started, out in what wilderness had been created with the artificial continent. Kael felt they needed a rest, and looked around for a good place to hide out.

Kelsey followed Kael as he looked for a hiding place, "The original America by now has to be for the most part radioactively inactive and its as humanly populated as the Mayan ruins. Its definitely safe by now." She didn't know weather or not the first America was safe but she could at least say that it wasn't harshly radioactive. For all she knows there were secret US bases where they train the Protective Guards. Its been long enough sense the nine minute war.

Kael listened intently, slowing his bike to a stop near what appeared to be a rocky area. fake or not, it was getting late and he knew they needed a place to rest. "thank you... for telling me. i havent really decided what we are going to do.... lets just get our selves established as...rogue wanderers i guess. i want to make sure that we can survive comfortably on our own before we try anything risky." he said as they came upon a cave.

"Oh," Kelsey said, listening to his plan, "Alright." As they approached the cave Kelsey slowly calmed down. She felt vulnerable, out in the wilderness. She trusted Kael to protect her but she knew this land better than him and even her knowledge was limited. She stayed close to him as her head turned almost like an insane person's would as worry replaced fear. "Did you get anything for us to sleep on?" she asked with a withering tone, realizing now that she had only brought food.

Kael smiled, "of course, i told you i would get all the other supplies if you took care of food, didnt i?" he said, rolling out a blanket onto the dry dirt floor of the cave. "however, i could only grab two blankets, and i recommend one of them be used to lay on." he hid his reddening face as he turned to dig in one of the two large bags he grabbed. "er, you hungry at all?"

Kelsey blushed when he said he could only get two blankets, though it was fine to her and a bit necessary it was a bit embarrassing to sleep with the boy she had just fallen for. Her stomach growled as Kael asked his later question and Kelsey turned towards him with the previous blush still present, "A bit, yes." She hoped she would be able to keep her appetite down while they were living like this sense there was no telling when they'd get more food.

Kael let the red from his own face fade, then dug through the bag he had made her pack. he pulled out the container with the cake, handing her a piece of the spongy dessert. "im glad this set enough to be held, if it was a crumbly cake this wouldve made a mess." he smiled, hoping to set Kelseys mind at ease a bit. "i hope you wont worry too much, we should make this adventure. but maybe its easier for me, since ive been displaced from where i belong once before."

"Adventure..." she repeated quietly. Kelsey took the cake that Kael had offered her and started eating it. He was right. This was the first time she had been outside of the protected areas let alone trying to make it to land that may or may not be safe, it was all stressing for her to the point that it gave her a headache when she thought about it. "Thank you," Kelsey spoke. If it werent for him she would have ran home, no garuntee of safety from there, and if she got there on time she would have died along side her mother. Kael had saved her life. She didn't bother to explain it to him, as she was still absorbing what had just happened in a few hour's time, but the thanks helped a few things settle down and made her calmer, if anything at all.

Kael nibbled at the spongy, sweet dessert and smiled, "at least you know you belonged somewhere at one time, Ive never really belonged anywhere. this sort of ragtag wandering is basically my life." he said before finishing his piece of cake. he reached over and grabbed the old Viola case and the latches clicked open, "i could play something if it would help you relax a bit" he offered, pulling out the old, and otherwise extinct instrument.

"That would be nice," Kesley answered to his offer. She was about to ask for an older song but she remember that Kael already prefered that kind of music anyways. At least you know you've belonged somewhere at one time... Kelsey thought. She knew she belonged to this hellwake of a timeperiod but she didn't feel like she did. Even so Kael had a point, this wasn't even his time period. He wasn't supposed to be here. "Have you heard of the multiple occurances theory?" Kelsey asked.

Kael gave a cheery smile when she agreed to listen to him play. he grabbed his viola and began to tune it, knowing no matter what he played she would likely be happy, as she seemed to enjoy older music styles. "cant say i have" he responded when she mentioned a theory that didnt sound familiar to him. "then again, the only thing i was good at academically was music, and history. It seems ironic since at this point im a part of history itself." he chuckled as he continued to tune his viola.

Kelsey smiled at the irony. She was glad he thought it was funny, otherwise she would feel cruel. "The theory goes by millions of different names and has been re-edited and presented to the public about a million times, er, exadurating of corse. Anyways, the theory was origonaly called the "Multiverse" theory, untill we found out that there were actually other universes close to ours." She paused briefly and looked at him, tuning his violin. "In basics the theory lies out the probability of every time we make a desision a new dimension is created where we did the exact opocite," she started again, "It also works with thins like flipping a coin. Say I flipped a coin and it landed on heads, the theory says in another dimension the coin landed on tails. But what I mean it as is in one world, you didn't save me, I didn't catch your atention, and hell, I probably was killed with my mother." She paused again on this gloomy note. She took a deep breath before starting up again, "It always makes me feel a little more greatful when I think abaout it... But...."

She stopped again, despite the air still in her lungs she couldn't come to say it. How was she supposed to? For all she knew she was making a fool of herself, just like she did in front of everyone else. Her and her explaining ticked off alot of people at her school and it upset her that they disliked it to the extent that they applied it. It was a relief when they announced that school would be ending to lower the monthly casualty count. "I- er..." she started up again, but failed to make the sounds into words, again. She looked away from him and directed her atention to the floor, as she was probably about to spawn a stair from his eyes at any moment. She hadn't ever been good at this. Talking in general, but this was a whole second level.

"Kael... Thank you..." she started again, obviously calmer now that she wasn't looking at him. "I'm a huge fan of philosophy and stuff like that so I feel bad for the other Kelseys out there. Even if one of them lived they wouldn't have ever gotten to be with you right now." She atempted to look up at him again but stoped herself knowing she wouldn't be able to pick back up if she did, "I think that makes me the lucky one. To meet a cute time traveler that saved my life, twice now, and shares so many tastes with me," her voice wavered on "cute" but she continued, "This whole day had been like a chapter of a bad love story writen by a guy with ADHD so he kept looking over at the science-ficiton section and started writing about mercinaries attacking the couple before remembering what he started off writing."

She stopped and looked up to see if her ever-long speach had atracted the atention of her time-runaway. "Kael... I think I love you," she said as a tomato red blush spread across her cheeks and over the bridge of her nose. She waiting for the impact, the part where he said he didn't feel the same way, the part where he said he wanted to just be friends and leave off for the rest of the adventure Mr.SciFi and planned for him to keep her safe. At the rate this was going she wouldn't be surprised if he continued the coy card and played a move like that. She couldn't live with regrets. Kelsey leaned forward, closed her eyes, and kissed Kael. No matter what he did now, at least she wouldn't regret anything.

((sorry for such a long post, i couldn't stop writing ^^; I love your signature btw))

Last edited by a moderator:
(Thanks, and its totally fine, your post is amazing!)

Kael listened as she explained the theory to him. He was partially taken away by thoughts of what it would have been like if he was still in his own time period, or if the trip had injured him or even ended his life. Kelsey continued, she explained her feelings for the alternate timelines were she too, perished or didn't meet with him. "You're very welcome, there's no way I could..." Kael was cut off as Kelsey said three words that Kael himself had struggled to hold back. I Love You.

Kael wanted to respond, but as quickly as the words had left Kelseys mouth, her lips connected with his. Kaels head went blank for just a moment, and when it cleared again her moved his lips away from hers.

"I can also relate..." he began slowly, "had I never come her, or come and not met you I would still be alone, still searching for a place I belong to. I've been alone, an orphan with no home, and no purpose... but I am the lucky one also. I ended up here, and I met you. I saved a life, and though we are in this old cave, no home, no place to go, I feel... warm. I've never felt like I belong somewhere as much as I do with you, so please, let your arms be this orphaned time travelers home." He smiled, pulling her in and holding her tight. "I love you Kelsey" he whispered in her ear.

Kelsey's heart lit up with joy. She wrapped her arms around Kael and rested her head against his chest. She was wrong. Happy, ecstatic really, and carelessly wrong. Kael didn't leave her. He didn't reject her. He didn't think wrong of her. Tears of joy started leaking from her eyes. She didn't care that she was wrong. She got the guy and their adventure too. Just hearing those three words come from Kael's mouth was enough to make her heart light up with joy unlike it had ever before. "I'm such a dork though," she said, "You have a lot of stuff ready for you if you really do love me." Her voice was bright and joyful despite the tears coming from her eyes. She wanted to warn him now, but after what they had been through today, it wasn't as if her super weird tendencies would be something difficult for Kael to handle.

Kael chuckled, holding her in his arms, "between being shot through time, living in a place as near to hell as you can get then going on the run from that very place, i think i can take you." he laugh out a small laugh, then a small groan of pain. he pushed Kelsey gently away from his body and glanced at his shoulder. "i need new bandages already." he sighed, "sorry to ruin the moment." he gave a gentle smile, wiping her tears of joy, and then removing his shirt to reveal that the bandages had a few small spots where the blood had seeped through. Kael was a bit dizzy, but he didnt want to worry Kelsey. "do you think you could help me? remember how i showed you the first time?" he said, handing her the bandages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back