Fall of Augral [Inactive]

Sol

Brahsol
Sol submitted a new role play:

Fall of Augral - The Holy City has fallen. Will you fight to cleanse it or pick it clean of its wealth?

Augral, city of gods and center of spiritual worship in the homeland. It was a metropolis of a place, tall spiraling buildings, plenty of living space and very few poor. The guard were loved and well-respected, all but heroes to their people. They wore armor of the finest steel crafted from the mountains just west of Augral, with an emblazoned fist, burning with righteous fire on the breastplate.
It is in this profession, in this city, to which Guard Captain Mclellan awakens. His eyes groggy...
Read more about this role play...

Sitting from up top the largest tree in the heart of Estral, a beautiful view of the town and their people was something to behold. However, even with this gorgeous view before him, Cross feels a dark atmosphere from the majestic Twilight Cathedral in the long distance from his hometown. As he grimly looked upon the distant City of Gods, a call from below grasps his attention.

"Sensei! Sensei, I have news for you! Rumors from the Holy City have reached us," shouted Cross's young friend.

'I knew it,' he thought. Cross, growing increasingly concerned by the second, hopped down from the towering tree, gracefully landing on several branches on his way down to the grass beneath him.

"What's going on, Reiko?" he asked the teenaged girl before him.

"It's Augral! There's word that a hole has appeared in the cathedral that is releasing creatures upon Terra. We are to evacuate south as far from Augral as possible," Reiko exclaimed.

Stunned by the shocking news, Cross thinks for a moment. 'This is it,' he ponders, 'a chance to really put my abilities to the test! A chance to show the world what I am capable of!'

A grin crept across his face and his fists trembled with anticipation. "Reiko, I will not evacuate with you guys. This is the start of my greatest mission ever! I cannot take you or any of the other guys with me. You are to focus on developing your skills further. Reiko, I am making you the new leader of Project One. You shall guide the town to safety and protect the townspeople with the rest of our comrades."

Reiko respected Cross above all else in Estral, he was the strongest in town, by far. Hearing the brave words of her commander, Reiko valiantly agrees to Cross's orders. "Sensei, we are going to miss you, but I know you will be able to help protect us. You are too strong to fall to this!"

Smiling at the words of his right-hand woman, he replies, "thank you, Reiko. There is one more thing I must give you before I leave, here," Cross hands Reiko an emblem with a bright light in the center, "if this light were to ever go out, I have fallen. Of course, that will never happen! I must take my leave now. Tell everyone, on my behalf, that I will protect them! This is my time to shine now. Farewell, Reiko, I will see you after I have saved Terra!"

With that, Cross departs. While avoiding the townspeople and having to bid them farewell, he sneaks through the alleys of the town, making his way toward the nearest horse carriage for hire. He could hear the fear and concerns from the people rushing through the main street and it fueled his excitement and focus even further. He will stop this no matter what the cost.

Approaching the carriage, Cross calls out to the driver. "Oy, I need a lift to the City of Gods, pronto!"

Looking down at the eager young adult, the driver responds, "didn't you hear, Kid? Augral is overrun with Demons now, nobody can get within miles of that forsaken city. The furthest I can take you is the city closest to it, the City of Merchants, Cragal."

Cross nodded, "that's perfect! I can optimize my equipment there before heading to the Holy City."

Climbing aboard the carriage, Cross could not take his eyes off the famous cathedral in the distance as the horses took off.

Last edited by a moderator:
THE OUTSKIRTS OF CRAGAL

"We are nearing Cragal, Octavian. Be on your guard, we do not know just how far the demonic taint has spread and Cragal had always been a den of sin. We will only stop there for the night then we continue our march East to Augral. Am I understood?"

The voice of his travelling companion had pierced his idle musings and pain of his sore feet, they had been walking for the better part of the day. His armor had been growing heavier with each step until they finally reached Cragal, the City of Merchants, where could finally unbuckle the platemail and feel light and free once more. Sister Veridis, one of the paladins, an elite member of the Fraternity no less who was to travel with him to the City of Augral. Normally it would just be a fresh Knight and an Initiate or a pair of Initiates who are sent to respond problem areas. If a paladin was dispatched then it was clear that this matter was of great importance. And why wouldn't it be? The Holy Capital of Terra had fallen under demon control. Regardless of fact or rumor, the Fraternity would be foolish not to send a force to investigate.

"Understood, Knight Paladin."

The pair had been following a well trodden road from the town of Grelan, a small farming town west of Cragal. They had been beset upon by bandits, neither had there been wolves stalking them. It was an altogether peaceful walk, a stroll to enjoy rolling hills to either side of the road and the cool breeze washing over travelers. It may just be that the Father of Light is giving them one more glimpse of beauty before proceeding into the hellish landscape that surrounded Augral, or so the stories had said. Of course, inquiries after the local Fraternity chapter from the refugees held useless answers that only seemed to irritate his companion.

CRAGAL, THE CITY OF MERCHANTS

The pair had arrived in Cragal earlier than they had anticipated. Veridis had gone to see the local Chaplain of the Fraternity and had left Octavian to his own devices until the following day. The first action the paladin made was to get them both rooms at a reputable looking establishment. Veridis had already paid for their lodgings and had notified the Initiate that she would know when she might return from the Chapel, there seemed to be much to discuss regarding Augral. She had left after they had a hot meal of beef stew in the common room of the Inn, his companion had stripped down to less conspicuous clothes and only brought a knife and her badge with her.

Octavian, for his part settled for wearing the green tunic underneath his leather armor. Cragal had many sights to offer as well as exotic cuisine to experience. It was called the City of Merchants for a reason after all, one could find anything from the most mundane house knife to exotic tapestries depicting cultures far into the East, West or North. The Bazaar in front of their inn was bustling with activity and the voices of men and women trying to outsell their competitors. Despite its proximity to Augral, Cragal didn't look like it missed a beat in its daily rhythm at all, although the city guard had been doubled and the entrance policies have been stricter now. It seemed that weapons are the be confiscated at the entrances and a thorough check must be made, unless one was under special circumstance, they had been lucky to be able to keep theirs. It seemed only guards could carry around weapons within the city limits.

Octavian now had an afternoon in Cragal all to himself. Well not Octavian, that was just his name within the Fraternity, Marcus Pollock was free to do as he wished for the rest of the afternoon. Just himself and a pouch of mixed silver and gold coins to spend in Cragal as he saw fit. The Bazaaar would be a fine first and last stop, a circuit of the City of Merchants was his plan, see the sights and taste the food. The idea excited him more than he thought it would.

This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back