• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fairy Tale Madness (closed)

- Mulan -

"No, send your troops to protect my people." said the emperor, firmly. "Chi Fu," he called to his scribe, a thin gangly man wearing blue robes, with a haughty disbelieving face.

"Yes, your highness?" bowed Chi Fu.

"Deliver conscription notices throughout the province. Call up reserves and as many new recruits as much as possible."

"Forgive me your majesty," said the General stoutly, "but I believe that my troops can stop him."

"I won't take any chances, General . . ." said the emperor, descending the steps of his throne. "A single grain of rice can tip the scale. One man may be the difference between victory and defeat . . ."

Meanwhile, in a small town in the eastern province, it was the time of the year when young ladies who have come of age pay a visit to the match maker. And one of these ladies, was a bold lively girl named Mulan.

Start Mulan's day with . . .

> Going back to bed and sleeping some more . . . it wasn't sunrise yet and the meeting with the match maker was still a few hours away . . .

> Being a responsible daughter.

> Dancing

> Going up to the roof and impersonating the rooster.

>Dancing

I have no idea how Mulan goes, so I've no idea if this is how it went or not. But I'm going to guess it wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fezzes said:
>Dancing
I have no idea how Mulan goes, so I've no idea if this is how it went or not. But I'm going to guess it wasn't.
(OOC: You will fit in this Quest Log just fine. The story is actually proceeding faithfully to the movie, to my surprise)

- Mulan -

Mulan began her day by busting a groove on her bed. A neighbor, who was watering a garden, stared at her uncertainly as she did some massive feel-good krompin'.

Mulan sighed in content. "Nothing like an early morning work-out!" she said, smiling and tying her hair to keep off the heat. The rest of the morning was spent memorizing the code of an honorable Chinese woman, and painting a cheat-sheet on the inside of her arm about the rest of the code that she didn't have time to memorize.

With this, she's definitely got this meeting with the matchmaker in the bag. Her nervousness eased off, and she even had time to bring up some food from the kitchen.

And then the rooster crowed.

"Aya! I'm late!" Mulan scrambled up. And after having her dog, "Little Brother" help her with her chores, and greeting her father, who looked like he was worrying about her meeting today, with a cup of tea, Mulan mounted her horse, "Khan", and galloped off to the town for the ceremonial preparations.

Meanwhile, Mulan's mother was fidgeting about her daughter's lateness. "Of all the days to be late, I should have prayed to the ancestors for luck."

"How lucky can they be? They're dead." said Mulan's grandma, who had in her hand a small cage that held a lucky cricket. "Besides, I've got all the luck we'll need . . . This is your chance to prove yourself" she added to the bug, and closed her eyes, then crossed the busy street.

"Grandma, no!" cried Mulan's mother.

> BOOM, CRASH, CLANG, AIYEEE! Grandma makes it safe and sound on the other side.

> Grandma joins the ancestors.

> Kenshi Himura passes by.

> Grandma gets teleported by some cataclysmic cosmic event to the dark side of the moon where she awakens the crimson dragon foretold by prophecy to wreak havoc on mankind.

> Grandma gets teleported by some cataclysmic cosmic event to the dark side of the moon where she awakens the crimson dragon foretold by prophecy to wreak havoc on mankind.

I want to try that last one so much, but let's go with

> BOOM, CRASH, CLANG, AIYEEE! Grandma makes it safe and sound on the other side.

- Mulan -

BOOM, CRASH, CLANG, AIYEEE! When Mulan's mother opened her eyes, grandma had safely crossed the street.

"Yep! This cricket is a lucky one!" she yelled cheerfully. The cricket fainted.

There was a cantering of horse hooves and Mulan arrived on her horse, Khan, looking windswept with bits of leaf and grass stuck to her hair.

"I'm here!" she announced happily.

"You're late." quipped her mother, and ushered her inside the preparation room, where the ladies styled her hair, applied make-up, and her mother and grandma gave her a jade necklace for beauty, a comb that has been in the family for generations, an apple for serenity, and Crickey for good luck.

When Mulan stepped out to join the rest of the maidens she,

> bore the graceful image of an honorable Chinese maiden, face powdered white and clad in beautiful elegant robes.

> strode out lookin' like the queen of rock and roll and mounted her horse.

> wore only a barrel with rope straps.

> was clad in a tattered cloak of black, with a blue demon mask hiding her visage, and two twin broadswords strapped to her back. "I am the blue spirit . . ."

> bore the graceful image of an honorable Chinese maiden, face powdered white and clad in beautiful elegant robes.

- Mulan -

Mulan joined the rest of the ladies, bearing the graceful image of an honorable Chinese maiden, face powdered white and clad in beautiful elegant robes.

As one the ladies opened their paper umbrellas and knelt before the house of the match-maker. The doors burst open. "Fa Mulan." called the match maker, a short squat lady who wore a bored disdainful expression and spoke in a low silky voice.

"Present!" said Mulan cheerfully, jumping up.

"Speaking without permission." said the match-maker haughtily crossing something off a clipboard she was carrying.

"Oops . . ." said Mulan quietly, discouraged that her first impression already went wrong.

"This way . . ." droned the matchmaker. Mulan entered the house and the doors slammed shut.

From the moment she entered, things went downhill very fast. Cricky escaped and Mulan was forgetting her lines.

> She didn't act quickly, and clumsily tried to fix everything without being very obvious. It didn't work out well.

> She took a deep breath and patiently solved everything with grace and poise.

> "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

> The worse happened. The match-maker's side of town caught in flames and started the apocalypse.

> The worse happened. The match-maker's side of town caught in flames and started the apocalypse.

Let the chaos begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back