Fairview Academy - Garden

a-rose_garden-1472812.jpg

Further from the main school building, to the west of the Swan Dormitory, the garden is hidden inside a massive hedge maze that most of the student body can't navigate without a slight amount of trouble. 

[SIZE=14.6667px]Aria had settled herself into the Academy not too long ago, so far she had a dorm to herself and didn’t mind the solidarity; In fact, she quite enjoyed the silence she had to listen and sing to her music. She quietly strolled about the garden, golden eyes flickering about her surroundings as she looked over the beautiful flora and fauna; A quiet sigh left her, hands lifting up to gently rub her upper arms. Her gaze locked down to the grass, black Mary Jane flats brushing against green blades as the skirt of her ruffled baby blue dress gently swayed along with the flow of the warm breeze. For the first time in a while, she felt somewhat peaceful; Despite all the things on her mind at the moment. It was the first time Aria lived away from home, and she felt a pang in her heart at the thought.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Damn it… [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]She recalled the expression her mother had on her face as she gave her one last, tight hug goodbye; Tears were streaming down the woman’s face, as her wife hugged her as Aria drove off. To put it in words she preferred to use, she felt contrite about the whole thing -- As well as the things she’d caused in the past; However, to put it more bluntly, she felt like shit. After years of ruining her mother’s life, she goes off and leaves her? What kind of daughter was she… Then again, her brother had warned her that she would feel this way about leaving home. She decided that, for the meantime, she would at least force herself to adapt. Besides, people were supposed to find ‘love’ here, if love was even possible for a tainted soul like her own.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]I’d doubt it, she thought to herself with a tiny grimace; disdain filled her chest as a deep sigh left her again. No, she shouldn’t think like that, not now anyway.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The woman wandered the garden, and knelt down to gently brush her fingertips over the petals, quietly humming the melody to a piece by Mozart as she continued to wander the garden. For a moment, for this short moment, Aria would get her mind off of her negative thoughts and quite literally stop to smell the roses. Hah, very punny Aria, she thought with a quiet giggle.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Weiss wandered around the garden in his wheelchair taking in the nice breeze that followed. His jet black hair rustled under the pressures of the wind as he slowly wheeled himself around the garden. He had finished his classes for the day, far earlier than his peers. Stopping in front of a plethora of flowers he took out his violin with much struggle; due to his disability; and looked around. Weiss wasn't ashamed of his musical talent, he more wanted some peace and quiet of his own. Many nights he would go out to a bar to drink his feelings away but sometimes, it was just to be calm.

Weiss plucked the instrument resulting in a 'twang' as it echoed through the garden. Once he had finished tuning, Weiss propped the instrument and started playing as if the flowers were his audience. The sweet sound of the violin echoed throughout, many people looked around to see where the noise was coming from but none could find it. 

It was moments like these Weiss was truly at peace.

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Aria had closely inspected a flower, quietly drawing in a breath as she quietly inhaled the sweet yet intoxicating fragrance of the blossoming flower. She could have sworn that after she took a breath in, she could hear a strange noise echoing about the garden. Confused, the strawberry blonde stood and glanced about, brow arched in curiosity as to where the sound may have came from. She could have sworn that she was alone… Strange, she thought with golden eyes blinking in a daze, challenging herself to seek out the source, but her far more frightened conscious telling her to stay put. Of course, Aria was never one to push aside the call of adventure.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]With a small skip in her step, she listened for the sound of the violin as she heard the melodic sound that seemed to flow like a running stream. If anything, it soothed the panic within her that called for a vigilant stance - To seek out any possible danger. However, she placed her trust in the school to not allow potential danger on campus, especially one where one was supposed to meet a potential soul mate. The woman spotted a head of raven hair as she drew closer to the music, and stood aside silently as she clasped her hands behind her back in a sweet manner; She awaited for the softening of the melody, before timidly clearing her voice and quietly whispering a comment to the mysterious, handicapped player.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] “You play beautifully, sir.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]She said with a gentle smile, trying her best to show she had no foul intent.[/SIZE]

Weiss slowed down the melody until he had stopped playing altogether. He hadn't really expected anyone to find him but this girl managed to somehow. He looked at her with a quizzical stare until he eventually smiled placing his violin in his lap. He took one last breath inhaling the sweet aroma of the flowers. Weiss didn't usually talk to people so he had to always had to think and calm down before he said anything. But the girl had called him 'Sir'! He was only 22, in hindsight would be pretty old but it wasn't like he was 30 or anything. Weiss rubbed his chin hoping he wouldn't feel any wrinkles that made him look older.

"S...Sir?" he asked her, "I'm not that old." he a small smile ruffling the blankets that covered his legs. He turned his wheelchair to face the girl, "My name is Weiss. And you are?" he asked genuinely curious; not many people went out of their way to search for him.

@Chaotic Pastel

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]A nervous laugh escaped her, a fair hand lifting up to lightly rub the back of her head with a shy grin.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] “Sorry about that, Mom always raised me to address people as ‘Sir’ or ‘Miss’ when first meeting them.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Her gaze wandered off to the side in thought, lightly shaking her head, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Got a few strange looks back in my high school years…”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] Clearing her throat, her posture straightened as she looked back to the man who she now learned was named Weiss, and ran a hand through her hair to calm her nerves as she rid herself of any anxiety.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“I’m Aria,”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] she said in a soft tone, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Weiss.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Her hand reached for her hair, twirling a lock around her hair with a smile. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Sorry to interrupt, by the way. I’m a bit of a music fanatic.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] It was true, her mother allowed her to take piano lessons since she was a little girl. Not only that, but her older brother learned how to play the violin, himself. It made her feel as though she were home again; Like she was a little girl all over again, despite what her damned father had done to her. Again, Ari - Really? She thought to herself in disdain, pushing the thought to the back of her mind again. She didn't need to think of that right now. The woman would take care of those thoughts later on.[/SIZE]

Weiss  placed his violin away in its cast and placed it on one of the handles of his wheelchair. He quickly brushed off a leaf that fell on his lap and smiled at the girl, Aria.

"Don't be sorry Aria. It's called manners and I think more people should behave more like you do." he said with a smile, "Not many find me here. You must really like music don't you?" This whole situation felt weird to him; he wasn't used to people talking to him. It was quite pleasant to have a nice chat with someone. It made him remember the times with his family before their accident; the warmth, the love... Oh how he missed that feeling... 

Shaking his head he put his memories to the back of his head and looked at Aria. She seemed to be deep in thought.

"Aria?" he asked slightly worried for the girl, "Is everything all right?" 

@Chaotic Pastel

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]As though it had become instinct for Aria to play the cheerful facade, a smile ghosted over her lips again in a happy expression. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Y-Yeah!”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] She exclaimed with a nervous giggle, twirling a finger around a lock of her hair, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“My bad, I get spacey sometimes when I think of home.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] Clearing her throat again, her eyes glanced about before looking towards her new acquaintance. A tiny blush spread itself across her cheeks in embarrassment as she gave a bashful grin. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“It’s my first time ever living away from home, I just graduated not too long ago.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Granted, Aria painfully missed her family and often times wanted to call her mother and step-mother just to talk and ask how they were. She wanted to ask her step-sister how she was doing, and she especially wanted to ask her brother how his own college life was doing. The blonde always had the worst cases of homesickness, but she knew that this arrangement was for the best. It gave them space from a wretch like herself, they deserved it after she practically ruined their family’s life. Mom wouldn’t be depressed, and Cassie wouldn’t have needed therapy like me…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“I do love music, though,”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] She decided to avert the topic for both their sake, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“I’ve been playing the piano since I was young, even joined the choir club.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Her head tilted ever so slightly to the side in a curious look, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“How long have you been playing? From how great it sounded, I’d guess since - Ever.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] She joked lightly.[/SIZE]

Weiss looked at the young girl, clearly she was lying but then again; everyone has their own secrets. Instead of pursuing the subject he decided to drop it altogether. "First time living away from home huh?" he said remembering when he first got to Fairview Academy. Truth be told, he was scared when he had left his hometown for a completely different atmosphere, "Don't worry Aria. You just need to adjust to it. Go make some friends or something; trust me, it'll get better." he said trying his best to reassure the girl, "If anything, you could always give your family a call if you really miss them"

He looked at the flowers and enjoyed the view, his voice getting softer, "Piano... You should play for me one day..." he said as a nice breeze appeared rustling the flowers and the leaves on the trees. Weiss remembered the first time he picked up a violin. It was at the hospital and a man in the bed next to him had taught Weiss to create music to ease his mind during his state of depression.

"I've been playing for about three years now." he admitted, "I just..." he thought for a second trying to figure out how to phrase his statement, "Had a lot of time."

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Upon hearing his advice, she nodded and looked over to the flowers, the scent hitting her senses and bringing her to a calmer state of mind. There was no need to fret… She thought, feeling that the man wouldn’t harm her. Aria felt more at ease knowing that. Not all men are as horrible as father… She thought, smiling upon his suggestion that she should play for him sometime. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“I wouldn’t mind that, we could even try a duet together.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] A quiet giggle escaped her, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“It’ll be fun!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The blonde listened intently to his response to her previous question, and nodded slowly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“You play awfully well for three years. You’re talented, in my opinion,”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] She spoke in a soft voice, noting the man’s pause. She guessed that there had to be some darker reason behind it, but she wouldn’t pry into his business; If Aria could keep her own dark past, so could others. She respected that boundary as long as people respected her own.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] “Honestly, my brother’s been playing since we were kids, and even he’d envy your talent.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] Aria joked, trying to lighten the conversation with a light chuckle. Even though she'd just met the man, she would have hated to make him feel bad in any way upon the first meeting. She hoped that maybe she could get to know Weiss better, but maybe on a later time. After all, there was plenty of time for them to get to know each other.[/SIZE]

Weiss adjusted himself in his wheelchair and made sure his blanket was secure. Hearing Aria's suggestion he nodded smiling, "A duet would be fun!" 

He rubbed the back of his head while his face tinted slightly red at her praise, "I'm not too good" he said not used to all the praise

He looked around the garden and then back at Aria.

"You haven't been here long have you?" he asked, "why don't we take a little stroll? The garden is quite pleasant." weiss felt the change in the atmosphere and was glad Aria had changed the topic.

@Chaotic Pastel

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“Is it that easy to tell I’m a newbie?” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]She asked with a chuckle, nodding to his suggestion with a brighter smile.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] “Sure, I wouldn’t mind getting a better look around the place. It sounds like fun!" [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Aria exclaimed happily, glancing about their surroundings. Sometimes it was easy to get lost in an engaging conversation sometimes, maybe so much that it allowed people to forget about the beauty around them. What could she say? She loved nature too much to not admire its grandeur. What better way to get to know her new friend than to be around her element, among the flora and fauna of the Fairview Academy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“Since it seems like you know your way around far better than me,” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]She started, running a hand through her hair. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Mind leading the way, Weiss?” [/SIZE]

"Quite easy"  he said confirming her question.  He turned his wheelchair with some difficulty and smiled at Aria, "I may know the way but it's you who has to know the place better. Why don't you push me to wherever you'd like to go?"  he suggested, he did want to show the girl eventually but he remembered when he himself had first explored the garden and it was one thing he wished aria could experience 

@Chaotic Pastel

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The idea of having the chance to explore with hew new companion made her smile, her eyes twinkling faintly in the light as she nodded happily. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“A-Alright!” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Her cheeks have been tinted a light pink color at his response to her question, wondering what about her demeanor gave off the impression that she was a novice to the academy. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“I’m just saying though, I don’t trust myself with leading people. Funny too, Mom led community service things at 16, here I am at 18 and can barely find the ice cream stand in my local mall.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Aria jested with a light laugh as she stepped behind Weiss’ wheelchair with curiosity, wondering where she wanted to go first and what she wanted to do.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“So, with that being said…”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] She started off gently pushing his wheelchair as her gaze flickered about her surroundings, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Since I barely know my way around, we have a high chance at getting lost.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] Glad she was behind him, Aria could feel her face heating up further in embarrassment. She would have hated to look like a fool in front of her new friend, and hoped for the best. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Feel free to back out if you want to.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] She said in a tone that seemed jokingly, but at the same time was actually offering him the chance to leave her.[/SIZE]

Weiss chuckled placing his hands in his lap, "Well for one,  I sense that you have a nervous feeling." he said reaching back and gently touching her hand over his shoulder while still facing the front. The momentum of the wheelchair made him feel relaxed as a soft wind caused by the momentum hit his face. The flowers dances in the breeze releasing an intoxicatingly sweet scent 

He inwardly laughed when he heard she said she had a poor sense of direction. 

"Well I wont back down because I'm going on a journey with a new friend. " he said closing his eyes with a small smile on his lips. 

@Chaotic Pastel

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]As Aria saw his hand reaching back, she braced herself for contact and swallowed lightly. On the bright side, she was gradually growing familiar with Weiss and didn’t have an anxiety attack over it, but if anything her face flushed in embarrassment as she turned her gaze away momentarily, before focusing on what was ahead of them. A tiny snort left her in amusement, grinning faintly as she glanced down to him, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“You ‘sensed’ it, huh? What, are you some psychic now?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] The strawberry blonde joked, followed by another tiny laugh from her. Although she was wary at first, she was really beginning to have fun with Weiss, which was something she couldn’t even expect out of herself within the first week of attending Fairview Academy. Making progress pretty fast, Aria... At this pace, you'll be over the home-sickness in no time! She thought cheerfully, for the first time in what seemed like a decade.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The scent of the flowers combined with the gentle breeze assisted in putting Aria at ease, and she shook her head at his response with a small smile. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Alright, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. For all we know, I might as well major in cartography so I could make maps for myself.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] Another giggle left her as she strolled along the garden, gently pushing the wheelchair that the raven-haired male sat in as she took in the beautiful sights of the garden around them.[/SIZE]

"No, not a psychic, just a friend you have made today." he said sagely bringing his hand back to his body resting it on his lap.

when Aria told him she might be a cartographer, Weiss let out a laugh that echoed through the trees, "A cartographer huh? Lets hope your mapping skills improve before some poor sailor uses one." he joked, it had been a while since he had a good laugh. Usually, Weiss was always alone, separate from others, finding comfort in isolation through books and music but his new friend set his mind at ease.

As the wheels turned, Weiss looked around the garden marveling at the scene. Sure he had often came to the garden for some peace but it still always managed to take his breath away when see saw all the flowers creating a rainbow on the grassy plains. "Its quite beautiful no?" he asked hoping she had liked the garden just as he had.

@Chaotic Pastel

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Aria couldn’t help but laugh herself at the joke, lightly shaking her head with a happy grin. She was thrilled to actually be having fun for a change, as it had been a long time since she got the chance to truly enjoy herself. She didn’t even have this much fun in high school, as she always kept her nose stuck in books and especially refrained from interaction with anyone else after her breakup with Adrien. Jocks would pick on her left and right, and jealous girls who were aware that Aria dated Adrien would pick on her, calling her names that she’d learned to associate with herself such as ‘useless’, ‘unworthy’, and the common phrase of ‘kill yourself’. She could have sworn that any longer in high school and Aria Blanchette would have no longer existed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Drawing herself out of her thoughts when Weiss spoke up again, she smiled softly and looked about the garden again. It really was one of the most beautiful places Aria had ever encountered, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“It really is…” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]She said softly, the beauty of the flowers extracting a tone of awe in her voice,[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] “God, where has this place been all my life.. This is the kinda place I’ve been searching for since I was a kid.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Serene, beautiful, a perfect place to read or listen to music; it really was the stuff of dreams for Aria. Maybe this place wouldn’t be so bad, after all, and Weiss proved it to her in a sense. She felt relieved, and quietly hummed to herself as she took in the sights around them, in the corner of her eye she had spotted some Hydrangeas, and smiles happily. They were one of her favorite flowers, and she was happy to spot some around here.[/SIZE]

"This place will always be here for you if you need it little one."  he said creating a new nickname for her. She felt like a little sister to him. Weiss was always a only child and always wanted a sister,  Aria just was a sweet soul who in Weiss's eyes needed to be protected from this cruel world

@Chaotic Pastel

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“‘Little One’, huh?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] A snort left her again in laughter, lifting a hand to her mouth to stifle a giggle, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“You make it sound like I’m five.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] She said with a tiny grin, shaking her head and pulling her sleeves down over her arms, covering any scars that made an attempt to show their wretched selves to the sunlight.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] “You sure know how to make yourself sound like an old man, Weiss.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Her hand moved over to playfully nudge his shoulder before continuing to push his wheelchair along. She wondered why he was in the wheelchair to begin with, but decided not to touch upon the topic to keep some distance until he trusted her enough. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Do you have a favorite flower or plant?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] The question had popped into her mind, but her brain was quick to voice her thoughts before she could consider the abruptness of it. Her face flushed in embarrassment, and a snicker left her, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Sorry, random question I know, but I spoke before I could catch myself. My bad.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] Aria’s tone grew timid, one of her hands lifting to rub the back of her neck again in a timid manner. Although she felt stupid, she did her best to keep her positive facade -- She’d hate to have anyone worry about her the way her own family did. Aria made a pact with herself to keep her emotions to herself to keep people like Weiss from worrying.[/SIZE]

Weiss smiled, "I guess I have the wisdom of an old man trapped in a young man's body." he said adjusting himself in his wheelchair, "You are a newbie aren't you? You're still a little one to me"  

Weiss closed his eyes enjoying his time with Aria, sometimes it would be jun to just talk about nonsense with a friend; and boy did Weiss not have many friends to do that with.

He felt Aria was hiding something, something deep down that she probably didn't want anyone to know.

"Its okay..." he stated softly, "People all have their secrets but you can always come to me if you need to little one." he said seeming out of nowhere. Most people wouldn't have understood the message but he assumed Aria would get his hint. He didn't want to push the girl but just wanted to know she had a friend in the academy. Through experience Weiss knew that these next few years would prove to be difficult for Aria.

"My favorite flower?" he continued without a hitch, "I quite like lavenders, and you?"

@Chaotic Pastel

Last edited by a moderator:

[ @SKUsagi ]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Aria couldn’t help but pout at the nickname, a blush creeping onto her cheeks out of sheer embarrassment. However, just as she opened her mouth to protest, she heard his voice speak up again; closing her mouth, she listened to him and found herself going into a complete stop. She drew in a breath and her eyes closed to resist the tears that dared to well up in her eyes. Not now… She thought, opening her eyes once she was sure she wouldn’t cry, and moved her hand over to pat his shoulder. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Thank you.. I’ll keep that to heart and mind.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]She said softly, continuing to lightly push his wheelchair along the garden. Aria tried to sound as genuine as possible when she thanked him, attempting to give him a glimpse of how much she’s been through in her voice. Not yet, she reminded herself again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“Lavenders, huh?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] She asked, smiling faintly as she looked over to the blue hydrangeas in bloom, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“Hydrangeas, but I also love chrysanthemums and dahlias… And water lilies..”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] A light chuckle left her, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear as she gazed over the garden, trying to memorize her surroundings for the next time she needed to return. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“I love flowers, nature in general really. My mom, she..”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] Aria paused, the memories replaying through her mind like a movie. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“She used to take us out on hikes a lot; Her, me, my brother Cassius, and… My dad.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]She cleared her throat after mentioning her father, already feeling herself getting sick at the thought. Almost instantaneously, she forced a smile and nodded, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“So yeah, my mom basically got me into my whole thing for flowers!”[/SIZE]

Weiss smiled and looked around the garden looking at all the flowers she had mentioned. The girl was clearly hurting and Weiss knew how it felt, the crushing pain of everyday life. 

"Your mother huh?" he said remembering his own mother, the kindness that he felt when he was younger now all gone. Weiss tapped the arm rests of their wheelchair deciding he should change the topic, it seemed like they were about to go into dangerous territory.

"So are you excited for classes?" 

@Chaotic Pastel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back