• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Factory 124 [Mutant RP - Started]

Reed huffed. "All of you, shut up! Thank you, Ceres." She rubbed her temples. "Okay, we're not going to get anywhere if all we do is argue. And yes, by training I do mean working on our abilities." She paused, looking around at all of them. "I know we may not like the idea, but we can't go in there are rely on our human attributes alone. In order to be strong enough to get anything done, we have to hone our abilities and act as a team. Got it?"

((Hello, I'm sorry I can't do this in the OOC thread, I'm on mobile. I just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be able to access the internet for the next two weeks. I'm sorry and I'll try my best to join again where you guys are when I return.))

"Well, if we want to be a team, I suppose we should at least know each other's names. I'm Alec. Or Filtiarn, if you prefer," Alec said, speaking up again. Filtiarn meant "lord of the wolves" in an ancient form of Gaelic. It was fitting, considering both Alec's origins and his favored form.

Ceres nodded in agreement to Alec's suggestion. "Ceres," she introduced. "Or Varuna, like the Hindu water god." She hadn't given herself that name, though she didn't mind it at all. The title of 'god' made her feel powerful and mighty. "I'd prefer if you called me Ceres when we're alone, though."

"Right. And you all know me, Reed Parker. Or..." Reed took a breath, "Saleos." She revealed her tail with a tiny flourish. "Because somebody thought I looked like a demon."

"I'm Nick Parker" he said. "Or… um… Kaos. Spelled K-a-o-s, but pronounced chaos. Not my idea." He wasn't too fond of the nickname given to him, but it was accurate. Chaos seemed to follow every time he used his power.

As the rest of the mutants introduced themselves, Alec approached Reed again. "Do you want me to run recon?" He asked quietly. With his variety of forms, Alec wasn't easily recognized, except by some of the scientists from the factory. As a small animal or even an insect, he could get into just about any building. If needed, he could fight his way out with his larger shapes. "I might be able to get into the factory as well." He could also speak to natural animals in his animal forms, and could get information from that.

Reed gave a discreet nod. "You'd be the ideal recon man, but we can't do anything yet. If you want, you could run a quick patrol around our current location, just to be safe?" she suggested, still facing forward. Reed could always use a little extra security, and if Alec wanted to help out, she wasn't going to deny free labor.

"So it's apparent no one likes me (nothing new there), but I'm not going to be a sac of potatoes" Nick said. "What do you want me to do?" He thought back to his friend in the factory. Maybe this time could be different.

Reed shook her head. "Nothing yet. We need to come up with training regimen. And, as always, someplace safe to live until we're ready to invade the Factory," she said bluntly.

"Sure. I checked it out a bit this morning, but nothing extensive. You want anyone else to come?" Alec asked, already stepping towards the door. To be honest, he didn't want to stay in this room full of mutants any longer than he had to. Some of them seemed overly hostile, especially considering they all had the same goal.

Reed shook her head no. "I am of the opinion it would only slow you down. Do make it quick, yeah?" She found an empty place to sit and settled down delicately, surveying the room. "In the meantime, I want the rest of you to do some brainstorming to see if we can come up with someplace to train for a while. Any ideas?"

"Well" Nick started, "I used to train in a desert, but that doesn't really seam practical for a group this big. Maybe a forest somewhere? Further away from society?"

Ceres leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees and gesturing as she spoke. "There's a stretch of woods farther north with a handful of clearings throughout. Any people living near there moved away ages ago. We can train without any disturbances, so I'd think that'd be the ideal place, unless you guys have somewhere better."

"I'll run a 15 minute perimeter. If I'm not back in half an hour, you should probably be careful leaving this place," Alec said as he headed outside. He shifted into his wolf form and loped out of the circle of cabins. He did his best to stay out of the deepest mud. He didn't want any hikers to come across his paw prints and alert the local rangers. He was a large wolf, and wolves weren't seen very often in this area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back