• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Extra-Dimensional Traveler's Club

Tristan opened his eyes, feeling the same odd sensation Lan felt during the whole teleportation dealio. Finding himself finally out of the webs, he practically cheered out loud in glee, but there was no time for that. After all that, he just wanted to leave this hell hole of a universe.

"Thanks a lot, man." He said, finally being able to let out a breath of air without suffocating under thick webs. He chuckled at the small moment of silence the two had after releasing hands and followed Lan towards the rest of the group. It was impressive that the younger boy was able to master his relic so quickly, the other members seemed to be getting a hold of their relics as well. Ashley basically eliminated the issue of the spider webs with the flames of her lighter. Bryn was also able to summon a katana from his relic, which was pretty cool.

Tristan on the other hand, wasn't daring enough to attempt to use his relic again, knowing there was the lingering danger that the other spiders may be provoked and attack if it were to go haywire again. He held the bracelet in a clenched fist as opposed to around his wrist and followed Genesis to 313-E. He was curious about the name they only briefly mentioned, Omji. He didn't ask about him though, as it seemed like everyone was being reprimanded for asking to many questions.

Lighter in her hand, she followed suit. She knew very well that her pace was slow. Each time those webbing became difficult to pull away, she would need to lowered herself to burn it with her lighter. It is obvious that the flame of her lighter was bigger than before, and she reasoned this out as having more oxygen in the air.Why was insects so small in her home dimension, was a science fact that simply the amount of oxygen in the air isn't enough for them to be bigger. The way their breathed was much more complicated than the functions of a human lungs. In some ways they're much more efficient, yet in many ways having a pair of lungs would do the job greater.

Everyone haven't really been talking to each other, and for that moment she felt she needed to share her thoughts. Pacing herself more towards Tristan, she spoke softly as they followed Genesis towards the club room.

"H...He...Hey...Tristan ? W-what do you think about this place ?"

"Creepy isn't it ?"
She continued, trying to force a grin over the area.

@MisterUniverse

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing a faint voice, Tristan looked down to his side to see Ashley speaking up at him. He smiled with satisfaction, noting the fact that she hadn't really directly spoken to him, or any of the other club members, until now.

"I think creepy is too nice of a word." He said, continuing to walk beside the girl steadily, he knew his long lanky legs were sometimes difficult to keep up with. "This is one of my worst nightmares." He had laid everything out on the table, there was no use in trying to hide something everyone seemed to know already. Now that he had a closer look at her, Tristan had noticed a cut on the girl's lip, still crimson with fresh blood. His head tilted in curiosity, wondering if the wound was self inflicted. "Oh. Did... Did you get hurt?" He asked, pointing at the girl's lip.

@Allibi

The party arrived at the entrance to what would be their club room in their dimension. Genesis was in the lead. Without any thought at all it opened the door and walked in. The room was quiet and neat. Everything seemed to be in the exact place as it was when they left their world. Almost like a photograph. The only exception was the cart that had none of the artifacts on it. Instead their was a box wrapped in cloth and bound in twine.

"Alright, EVERYONE! This is where things get exciting." The moment Genesis stepped foot into the room it began to push and slide things to the walls of the room. "It's time for some training. The better you are, the less I have to work." he let out a heavy sigh, "Protecting people is soo~ tiring."

@Allibi @MisterUniverse @hexaphenylbenzene @rosehearted @Jailbird @Kylesar1 @Milus

Scarlet grabbed the Artifact and went over to the group. She sat down in a chair. "Alright, let's see what your artifacts do."

Avery walked around. She plopped a notebook down on the desk. "Try to grasp your Artifact on a basic level. It helps to write down anything you learn about the artifact, so you can get it down better."

With the center of the room cleared, Gensis began to pace back and forward. "Now, I've noticed some of you have been able to use the ability of your relic. That's good." It pivoted sharply on the tip of its foot to walk the other direction, "If you haven't been able to use you than you need to use your sixth sense. That's What Omji would say." It stopped in the middle and faced the group, "He would also say, 'Don't be pathetic. If you're weak use your brain, if your dumb you'll get left behind.'" The android's voice changed to that of the old club presidents as he quoted him.

"Sounds like an incredibly caring and compassionate leader." Lan muttered, crossing his arms and tugging his bottom lip into his mouth. He watched with careful, pensive eyes as the panels in the walls shifted, and he vaguely wondered in some off-topic part of his brain how all of this shit was rigged. "Well, since we've all got different relics, I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess that we'll all need to develop different training techniques, right? This isn't exactly a one-size-fits-all sort of program." He said, raising his hand in a half-hearted attempt to seem polite.

MisterUniverse said:
Hearing a faint voice, Tristan looked down to his side to see Ashley speaking up at him. He smiled with satisfaction, noting the fact that she hadn't really directly spoken to him, or any of the other club members, until now.
"I think creepy is too nice of a word." He said, continuing to walk beside the girl steadily, he knew his long lanky legs were sometimes difficult to keep up with. "This is one of my worst nightmares." He had laid everything out on the table, there was no use in trying to hide something everyone seemed to know already. Now that he had a closer look at her, Tristan had noticed a cut on the girl's lip, still crimson with fresh blood. His head tilted in curiosity, wondering if the wound was self inflicted. "Oh. Did... Did you get hurt?" He asked, pointing at the girl's lip.

@Allibi
"Yea, I'm alright....its' just a small cut on my lips." She replied, looking away and playing her hair with her hand. The tone was more of a shy and soft tone, bearing a little of lie. She couldn't tell Tristan that she bit her lips just now when she was nervous, or that she could. Its just how Ashley is. So...how is your condition ? Are the wings okay ? She wanted to continue on, but those remained as thoughts, as she watched Genesis and Scarlet giving them a one two on the operation of the relics.

That's right. She snapped herself back from her love struck thoughts. She haven't yet figured how her relic works. What could a vintage bracelet and ring holds. Would it be a physical manifestation like Lan, or Tristan, or Scarlet's ? Reaching her hand into the air, she tried to use her 'sixth sense'.

Nothing happened obviously.

She waited a while, and even tried to seriously focus imagining things coming out of her hands at this point. A few minutes passed, and still nothing has produced. She tried changing her stance, mimicking some transformation stance she saw on the tv. Yea, she looked weird, and honestly would feel real embaressed if nothing happens, and everyone stared at her.

Still nothing.

And indeed she became embarrassed. She wouldn't want to look at anyone now, especially Tristan or any of the boys. Quickly regaining her footing, Ashley pulled back her spread legs, only to have the sticky spider webbing now catching onto her shoe's soles. Instinctively her left that held the lighter went for the bent leg. As she snapped the lighter, the flame shot out from it, this time larger than she had previously. And much more special is that, like a will of its own, struck the gap in between her sole and the long sticky webbing. A moment of surprise and a lost, the flame disappeared as fast as it appeared.

What...what was that ?

"You could say that again..." Tristan commented, agreeing with Lan about this Omji guy. He sounded a hell of a lot like his coach, all condescending and crap. It made his blood boil, but boy did it feel good proving him wrong.

Tristan had initially just shrugged at Ashley's response. She seemed like she was going to be more open with him after the initial encounter, the boy had pondered over what he had said, wondering if he had offended her somehow. He wasn't very careful with what he said most of the time, so he wouldn't be surprised if he F'd up somehow.

"Way to go!" Tristan said towards Ashley, chuckling at the look of astonishment on her face. The flame was impressively precise and moved with smooth life-like motions. He bit the inner-side of his cheek, feeling a hint of envy at how the flame co-operated with her. Why the hell couldn't his wings do the same!

He tied the silver bracelet tightly onto his wrist, which seemed to summon the wings almost instantly. He looked back at the feathery projections and fidgeted, trying to make them flap or do something of the sorts, but failed to do anything but make himself look like an idiot.

"So..." Tristan sighed, looking towards Genesis reluctantly. "What's the secret to these things?" He pointed to the wings behind him. "There's gotta be some type of cheat to them, right?

@hexaphenylbenzene @Allibi @Jeda Teq

Bryn & Vanya

As they entered the room Vanya walked over to one of the bookshelves and pulled a book to look over. Some of the books were foreign and others were old. Bryn on the other sat in the corner and looked over the sword and sheath. The sheath had some kanji written on and Bryn was not as well versed in Kanji as Vanya was,"An-In-En. En! Enor-Ener.....Energy! Energy? Energy!?" Bryn started thinking about what the kanji meant when he looked over to his sister who was looking at books. He knew that Vanya was just avoiding trying to activate her relic. Running over to his Sister,"Hey, Yaya hair cut!" He said swing his katana at her hair, but with the back of the blade. Vanya was shocked and electricity popped around her as she turned, when she figured out what he said the air around created a barrier that pushed him back. Vanya popped from her recent stint of shock and fear,"BRYN!"Fire danced around Vanya's body as she glared at her brother

"S-s-sorry! Look on the bright side you activated your relic!"Bryn inched closer to her only for her to turn away.

"Don't care!"Vanya preferred not to show her emotions and for him to trick her pissed her off.

"Icarus' father originally built wings of wax and feathers to soar from their captors." Genesis stood perfectly still as its voice emitted from its body. "Icarus flew too close to the sky and fell into the sea. The Heat from the sky melted the wax and the water made it impossible for him to fly. In the world we acquired your artifact from Icarus' father spent his life perfecting wings. Some Deity magic was involved and Icarus' spirit became infused with his father's finest creation." The android broke its stillness and walked to Tristan and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Omji often said "treat your relic as a partner. Slaves will rebel." It spoke in Omji's voice again. "There is no cheat to using relics. My advice to you is to trust your relic and avoid extreme heat and moisture. Physically the wings will be fine, but Icarus may feel some kind of way about it."

"There is no easy way to do this," Scarlet said. She showed her own Relic. "It took me a year to finally get Avery on my side. Avery wasn't always a loyal companion."

Avery scoffed. "Because you were a ditz back then."

Scarlet ignored it. "Even if there were some trick, every relic is different and it won't work for all of them. We can help any way we can, but it's on you to learn it."

She looked outside. They had to get moving very soon

@Allibi @MisterUniverse @hexaphenylbenzene @rosehearted @Jailbird @Milus @Jeda Teq

Tristan stood firm, listening to Genesis retell the story of Icarus in the voice of the still mysterious Omji. It was somewhat intimidating, staring into the being's somewhat endless

"Okay." He uttered under his breath, giving a slight nod of his head. "I'll do that, I suppose." Tristan was willing to compromise with this Icarus guy, put some trust in him and all that mumbo jumbo. "I'll treat him like a companion." His wings gave a gentle flap, as if agreeing to the proposition.

After the small lecture from the others, Tristan was able to use the extra two limbs with a hint of more control. It was like relearning how to ride a bike, he didn't even have to think about it sometimes. Of course that was just moving the damn things, learning how to fly would probably be a whole other lesson in and of itself.

"So if we're going to get this relic, are we gonna have to fight the boss guy you mentioned?" Tristan glanced at the club president. "I mean, I don't mind or anything. I just wanna psych myself out before that." He sounded confident in an attempt to hide the blatant fear he had.

@Kylesar1

"Yup,"
Scarlet said. "We fight the boss. He's not gonna be hard since we're in a focused area, but he's still dangerous." If they weren't focused in a school and getting a weaker relic as a result, the boss would be incredibly hard and dangerous, probably with a high-powered fast toxin. Fortunately, that wasn't the case.

Avery went to the door. "It's about time we get moving. We have to leave this world."

@MisterUniverse

Jailbird said:
Bryn & Vanya

As they entered the room Vanya walked over to one of the bookshelves and pulled a book to look over. Some of the books were foreign and others were old. Bryn on the other sat in the corner and looked over the sword and sheath. The sheath had some kanji written on and Bryn was not as well versed in Kanji as Vanya was,"An-In-En. En! Enor-Ener.....Energy! Energy? Energy!?" Bryn started thinking about what the kanji meant when he looked over to his sister who was looking at books. He knew that Vanya was just avoiding trying to activate her relic. Running over to his Sister,"Hey, Yaya hair cut!" He said swing his katana at her hair, but with the back of the blade. Vanya was shocked and electricity popped around her as she turned, when she figured out what he said the air around created a barrier that pushed him back. Vanya popped from her recent stint of shock and fear,"BRYN!"Fire danced around Vanya's body as she glared at her brother

"S-s-sorry! Look on the bright side you activated your relic!"Bryn inched closer to her only for her to turn away.

"Don't care!"Vanya preferred not to show her emotions and for him to trick her pissed her off.
[QUOTE="Jeda Teq]"Icarus' father originally built wings of wax and feathers to soar from their captors." Genesis stood perfectly still as its voice emitted from its body. "Icarus flew too close to the sky and fell into the sea. The Heat from the sky melted the wax and the water made it impossible for him to fly. In the world we acquired your artifact from Icarus' father spent his life perfecting wings. Some Deity magic was involved and Icarus' spirit became infused with his father's finest creation." The android broke its stillness and walked to Tristan and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Omji often said "treat your relic as a partner. Slaves will rebel." It spoke in Omji's voice again. "There is no cheat to using relics. My advice to you is to trust your relic and avoid extreme heat and moisture. Physically the wings will be fine, but Icarus may feel some kind of way about it."

[/QUOTE]

(OOC: Please tell me if I got anything wrong, I'll surely change it if there is.)

With a great big flash of light I was nearly blinded, but once I recovered I noticed I was not in the club room any longer. Though I would have liked to have a bit more time to choose my relic, it would seem I had no choice in the matter. What I did pick up however was a very colorful die, but to what purpose I had no recollection. I suppose I would just have to find out on my own.

As I slowly got up I examined my surroundings, but much of it I couldn't tell because it was mostly covered in spider webs, plus it was terribly dark. "Well isn't this just splendid. The first club outing and I'm in a dark damp room filled with bowls of water... Or are those toilets?", I said with uncertain familiarity. Indeed it did look like some form of a toilet, and across the room were very intricate sinks of some sorts. Whatever monstrosities used these I assumed to be spiders, with all the cobwebs around.

With newfound courage I stepped out of the door to see around, I hope to see the others soon or I would certainly be mince-meat.

@Allibi @MisterUniverse @hexaphenylbenzene @rosehearted @Jailbird @Milus @Jeda Teq

She wasn't sure if Tristan is cheering for her or not. Since the flame didn't really just acted like a flame. However, if it is true, then she must simply repeat the experiment.Turning herself away from the crowd, she raised her hand and depressed the lighter in her hand. The small blue flame emerged upon the tip of the lighter. And it was normal. Nothing seemed different from it.

Take the flame.

Her thoughts came by, as she reached her right hand out for the flame. The flame seemed to react towards the space slightly in front of her right palm. Just like her thoughts said it would be. Pulling the flame away from the lighter onto her palm, she returned the lighter back into her pocket. Something tell her this flame of hers follows her will, and quite effortlessly as well. She grew that small little flame bigger in her raised palm.The heat grew as well as she grew the flame. And just that moment her subconscious, in defence of the heat and the fear of being burn, shrunk the flame up tiny again.

Hotter.

And the flame turned blue.

Further away from me.

And the flame moved itself away from Ashley.

Ball up.

And the flame became an orb shaped of fire.Sending the flame high into the air, she immediately thought of it.

Explode.

However, the ball of flame certainly did not explode, but simply grew bigger a little, and then disappeared in a poof.That was the most unexpected one she have seen, before she pondered why it was so. Maybe explosion require a much more complex flame build up, such as pressure, heat and those physic stuff. She thought to herself, before she turned herself back to the group once more. Flicking a light and getting small flame up and in front of her, she looked onto Tristan. It seemed he knew how to use his wings already, or maybe so. She motioned herself closer to him, careful that the flame stayed away from him, as she looked at his wings.

It looked real, and it really looked quite beautiful. Tristan really looked quite like an angel that was written in the books. And though science disproved that human can take flight even with wings. It seemed quite probable with this one. Reality is stranger than fiction it seems. Giving Tristan a smile, the small little flame danced in the air, betraying her inner thoughts, she looked back onto Scarlet.

"We fight the boss. He's not gonna be hard since we're in a focused area, but he's still dangerous."

But hearing Scarlet said that there will be a boss to fight, her thoughts were disrupted, and that small flame went poof again.

Boss !?

"Can...can we not fight ? c-can...we just ask him nicely for the relic ?" She questioned out loud.

(ooc: sorry for being so inactive, fencing tournaments are an ordeal)

Lan bumped his shoulder up against Tristan's again, looking up and sensing a bit of fear in the golden-brown eyes. "It'll be fine, I'm sure. It's like in an RPG, right? They've always got the generic spider mobs, and then you move up to shit like... the centipede mob or whatever." It was a flimsy metaphor, sure, but he was a little stressed out himself and really didn't want to think of a better one at the moment. He turned to Scarlet and raised an eyebrow, shifting himself on his feet slightly uncomfortably under her gaze. She really was more intense than her form suggested. "So, what are we waiting for, exactly? It seems like everyone's as ready as they're going to be for the moment. Not like we'll be able to hide in this room until everyone can figure out their relics."

@Kylesar1 @MisterUniverse @Jeda Teq

Allibi said:
She wasn't sure if Tristan is cheering for her or not. Since the flame didn't really just acted like a flame. However, if it is true, then she must simply repeat the experiment.Turning herself away from the crowd, she raised her hand and depressed the lighter in her hand. The small blue flame emerged upon the tip of the lighter. And it was normal. Nothing seemed different from it.
Take the flame.

Her thoughts came by, as she reached her right hand out for the flame. The flame seemed to react towards the space slightly in front of her right palm. Just like her thoughts said it would be. Pulling the flame away from the lighter onto her palm, she returned the lighter back into her pocket. Something tell her this flame of hers follows her will, and quite effortlessly as well. She grew that small little flame bigger in her raised palm.The heat grew as well as she grew the flame. And just that moment her subconscious, in defence of the heat and the fear of being burn, shrunk the flame up tiny again.

Hotter.

And the flame turned blue.

Further away from me.

And the flame moved itself away from Ashley.

Ball up.

And the flame became an orb shaped of fire.Sending the flame high into the air, she immediately thought of it.

Explode.

However, the ball of flame certainly did not explode, but simply grew bigger a little, and then disappeared in a poof.That was the most unexpected one she have seen, before she pondered why it was so. Maybe explosion require a much more complex flame build up, such as pressure, heat and those physic stuff. She thought to herself, before she turned herself back to the group once more. Flicking a light and getting small flame up and in front of her, she looked onto Tristan. It seemed he knew how to use his wings already, or maybe so. She motioned herself closer to him, careful that the flame stayed away from him, as she looked at his wings.

It looked real, and it really looked quite beautiful. Tristan really looked quite like an angel that was written in the books. And though science disproved that human can take flight even with wings. It seemed quite probable with this one. Reality is stranger than fiction it seems. Giving Tristan a smile, the small little flame danced in the air, betraying her inner thoughts, she looked back onto Scarlet.

"We fight the boss. He's not gonna be hard since we're in a focused area, but he's still dangerous."

But hearing Scarlet said that there will be a boss to fight, her thoughts were disrupted, and that small flame went poof again.

Boss !?

"Can...can we not fight ? c-can...we just ask him nicely for the relic ?" She questioned out loud.

hexaphenylbenzene said:
(ooc: sorry for being so inactive, fencing tournaments are an ordeal)
Lan bumped his shoulder up against Tristan's again, looking up and sensing a bit of fear in the golden-brown eyes. "It'll be fine, I'm sure. It's like in an RPG, right? They've always got the generic spider mobs, and then you move up to shit like... the centipede mob or whatever." It was a flimsy metaphor, sure, but he was a little stressed out himself and really didn't want to think of a better one at the moment. He turned to Scarlet and raised an eyebrow, shifting himself on his feet slightly uncomfortably under her gaze. She really was more intense than her form suggested. "So, what are we waiting for, exactly? It seems like everyone's as ready as they're going to be for the moment. Not like we'll be able to hide in this room until everyone can figure out their relics."

@Kylesar1 @MisterUniverse @Jeda Teq
Scarlet waited until everyone grasped their relic a bit, then left the room. "Let's go. Time to take down the boss and head home." Scarlet yawned. Not much time would pass in their own world, but plenty of time has passed in this one. Scarlet was starting to get hungry and she was sure everyone else was too. They needed to go home. It was after school and only about 30 minutes has passed so far in their world.

Avery waited for everyone at the door. "Look alive people. We're about conclude our first club outing. We'll reveal the relic and anyone who wants it is free to use it on our next trip."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back