• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Extra-Dimensional Traveler's Club

It took no great deduction to tell that an occurrence had happened. If this 'dimensional' rift allowed travel, why a different location than where they exited from? Perhaps it was the factor of where the school was built. A separate dimensions could have small details that set ahead. Looking to the watch, he'd note that the time was hours off from their own. Possibly the measure of time began at a later date, much like the calendar.

"So you enter these dimensions with no clue to your surroundings?"

Something that appeared to be a boy with silver/white hair and a black face, that looked like you could stick your hand in it, sat crossed legged at the tree. It held a squirrel in its left hand and petted it with its right. The moment the students flashed into this world around the tree, the metallic boy sprung to its feet. It let the squirrel drop to the ground.

"You guys left me here on purpose didn't you?!" It exclaimed as it approached Scarlet and Avery. "I bet it was your Idea." It looked Avery in the eyes with it's bright white ones as it poked the familiar with a bony metal finger. "It's been Days, DAAAAYS!" Its shoulders slumped down and it let its arms dangle freely. "Oh yeaah~, It's about time for club recruitment. LET'S DO IT." It had no mouth but an artificial voice could clearly be heard as if it were talking through a speaker.

The excited machines elation faded quickly when it heard an unfamiliar voice. "You guys recruited without me this year. That sucks." It gently punched Avery on the shoulder. A mannerism it picked up from the previous president of the club. "Hey there newbies. I'm Genesis, currently i'm the clubs body guard. So.. don't get yourself into a lot of trouble, kay?"

Genesis' animated personality came from watching several hundred hours of anime in its first year being apart of EDC. The previous president, Genesis' wielder, would say 'It came with a few set backs, but at least it's not boring.'

Milus said:
It took no great deduction to tell that an occurrence had happened. If this 'dimensional' rift allowed travel, why a different location than where they exited from? Perhaps it was the factor of where the school was built. A separate dimensions could have small details that set ahead. Looking to the watch, he'd note that the time was hours off from their own. Possibly the measure of time began at a later date, much like the calendar.
"So you enter these dimensions with no clue to your surroundings?"
"We can jump at random if we want. We didn't want to throw you guys into the fire pit just yet. In this case, it's a multiverse world. I'm sure you know what that is."

[QUOTE="Jeda Teq]Something that appeared to be a boy with silver/white hair and a black face, that looked like you could stick your hand in it, sat crossed legged at the tree. It held a squirrel in its left hand and petted it with its right. The moment the students flashed into this world around the tree, the metallic boy sprung to its feet. It let the squirrel drop to the ground.
"You guys left me here on purpose didn't you?!" It exclaimed as it approached Scarlet and Avery. "I bet it was your Idea." It looked Avery in the eyes with it's bright white ones as it poked the familiar with a bony metal finger. "It's been Days, DAAAAYS!" Its shoulders slumped down and it let its arms dangle freely. "Oh yeaah~, It's about time for club recruitment. LET'S DO IT." It had no mouth but an artificial voice could clearly be heard as if it were talking through a speaker.

The excited machines elation faded quickly when it heard an unfamiliar voice. "You guys recruited without me this year. That sucks." It gently punched Avery on the shoulder. A mannerism it picked up from the previous president of the club. "Hey there newbies. I'm Genesis, currently i'm the clubs body guard. So.. don't get yourself into a lot of trouble, kay?"

Genesis' animated personality came from watching several hundred hours of anime in its first year being apart of EDC. The previous president, Genesis' wielder, would say 'It came with a few set backs, but at least it's not boring.'

[/QUOTE]
Avery punched the machine back. "Well we can't bring a live relic to recruitment..........I'm sure the reasons why are obvious.......We're in the spider world now, so let's go find the next relic."

Tristan shook his head violently, trying to recover after being hit by the blinding light. It was only after the white light had faded when he had realized that they were no longer in the club room. He looked around, surprised at the fact that he had been transported to the front of the school in mere seconds.

"Hey there, Genesis." Tristan responded to the mechanical person, so many weird things were happening today that he honestly could care less about the robot-like individual. Maybe if he just ignored it, it would go away. Like how nightmares would disappear if you just didn't think about them. He wandered away from the group somewhat instinctively, as if disregarding all the warnings the others had made. "So.... you just go on these random goose chases for the relics?" Tristan asked the more experienced EDC members, simultaneously tracing a finger along the bark of the tree. He looked for a way to climb it, but all of its limb were purposely cut to prevent any such actions from happening. The boy huffed disappointingly. "There's no map or hints or anything?"

"Well, if you could travel to dimensions you have already discovered, how do you decide to randomly go ahead? Isn't there scenarios where the world is inhabitable or the Earth hasn't been formed? We're dealing with probability otherwise. Infinite possibilities are a scary proposition."

He'd not move from his stance, standing at his full 6'4" height as he spoke. It was an interrogative tone, the voice of someone that needed to know rather than wanted.

"And how do you expect to fine someone? I doubt you'd want to bring this club in court. The waivers were not sanctioned by the Academy."

And out of spite, he'd add.

"A multiverse isn't a world. It's a system of multiple universes. The EDT is based on travelling THE multiverse."

Last edited by a moderator:
Lan took a moment to recover from the flash, blinking his eyes and even taking his glasses off to rub at his eyes with the back of his wrist. He watched as that one boy (Tristran? Triscuit? Something.) with the cute haircut and impressive biceps rattled off questions. He really was an inquisitive one. "Am I the only one who doesn't feel the need to know everything about absolutely everything that's happening? How about instead of standing in the lawn all day, we actually go out and find out this shit for ourselves?" He said, sighing and crossing his arms over his chest, one eyebrow raised as he looked around for a response from the rest of the people in the group.

He'd turn, looking to the one known as Lan.

"And if this is a world where social etiquette is very different than ours and can get us killed? I'd like to know. And finding out for ourselves? You mean delving into the history and culture of the world? That can take weeks. I'd like to learn AND gather relics. The process of how this is done should be thoroughly explained as well. I feel as naïve as a child without this information. Of course, Lan, if you have a theory, go right ahead."

He didn't immediately mean to sound agitated, but it laced the last few words he spoke. He wasn't aggressive, however. He stood in the same place, with the ideal questioning appearance.

Always a damn scholar, he thought to himself.

MisterUniverse said:
Tristan shook his head violently, trying to recover after being hit by the blinding light. It was only after the white light had faded when he had realized that they were no longer in the club room. He looked around, surprised at the fact that he had been transported to the front of the school in mere seconds.
"Hey there, Genesis." Tristan responded to the mechanical person, so many weird things were happening today that he honestly could care less about the robot-like individual. Maybe if he just ignored it, it would go away. Like how nightmares would disappear if you just didn't think about them. He wandered away from the group somewhat instinctively, as if disregarding all the warnings the others had made. "So.... you just go on these random goose chases for the relics?" Tristan asked the more experienced EDC members, simultaneously tracing a finger along the bark of the tree. He looked for a way to climb it, but all of its limb were purposely cut to prevent any such actions from happening. The boy huffed disappointingly. "There's no map or hints or anything?"
"There's always a way out," Scarlet said. They did have hints, but the worlds were usually too obvious to need to use them. The goal was always obvious. The path to it was the issue. "Let's just proceed on and see what we have to deal with."

Milus said:
"Well, if you could travel to dimensions you have already discovered, how do you decide to randomly go ahead? Isn't there scenarios where the world is inhabitable or the Earth hasn't been formed? We're dealing with probability otherwise. Infinite possibilities are a scary proposition."
He'd not move from his stance, standing at his full 6'4" height as he spoke. It was an interrogative tone, the voice of someone that needed to know rather than wanted.

"And how do you expect to fine someone? I doubt you'd want to bring this club in court. The waivers were not sanctioned by the Academy."
Avery sighed. He was asking way too many questions and she wasn't as patient as Scarlet was. "We can most definitely travel where we want or go random if we want. If those waivers weren't sanctioned by the academy, this club wouldn't be here, would it?"

Avery smirked. "Frankly, we have the advantage of disbelief. Not a single person would honestly believe we travel to other dimensions to get these relics......... so as far as court goes, this is regular school equipment. What would you say if you went to court for failure to pay for school equipment you already signed a contract legally binding you to?"

Milus said:
He'd turn, looking to the one known as Lan.
"And if this is a world where social etiquette is very different than ours and can get us killed? I'd like to know. And finding out for ourselves? You mean delving into the history and culture of the world? That can take weeks. I'd like to learn AND gather relics. The process of how this is done should be thoroughly explained as well. I feel as naïve as a child without this information. Of course, Lan, if you have a theory, go right ahead."

He didn't immediately mean to sound agitated, but it laced the last few words he spoke. He wasn't aggressive, however. He stood in the same place, with the ideal questioning appearance.

Always a damn scholar, he thought to himself.
"No, I meant walk around. Practical experience. Think of it like a lab or something." He replied, "You don't have to learn the entire history of somewhere just to visit and walk around. I didn't come for another history class, I came to do something slightly better with my time after school. And if that requires homework, count me out." He turned away at this, walking a few feet towards one of the walls of the school. They really were just on the lawn in front of the school, but there wasn't a single person to be seen other than those in the group. "You really only need basic knowledge to get around anywhere. Everyone's first question really should've been where the hell are we?" He turned to look at Scarlet, now, both eyebrows raised in question.

"School equipment is licensed. This is not. But no matter. I have no qualms about it myself. The club puts students in risk. The waivers lack a legal signature. Hell, I doubt there's a court copy. But all this is beneath notice if I could simply get an explanation on why we do this. Isn't it considered stealing to just take treasured relics and artifacts? For example, what if our goal is in a museum? Do we just take it?"

With a sigh of repulse, he'd lower his hands, which he had moved while he'd speak. Looking down to the watch again, he'd twist it on its side, the odd weight displacement still evident. Turning to Lan once more, he'd add-

"It's obvious where we are. The Academy."

hexaphenylbenzene said:
"No, I meant walk around. Practical experience. Think of it like a lab or something." He replied, "You don't have to learn the entire history of somewhere just to visit and walk around. I didn't come for another history class, I came to do something slightly better with my time after school. And if that requires homework, count me out." He turned away at this, walking a few feet towards one of the walls of the school. They really were just on the lawn in front of the school, but there wasn't a single person to be seen other than those in the group. "You really only need basic knowledge to get around anywhere. Everyone's first question really should've been where the hell are we?" He turned to look at Scarlet, now, both eyebrows raised in question.
Scarlet smiled at him. "In this introductory world, we're exploring the multiverse............You know, the theory that every possible possibility exists in its own separate but equally important universe. That's at least the basics of it."

She started walking towards the school, motioning for the others to follow. "In this world, everyone is a spider. This is a world of arachnids."

Milus said:
"School equipment is licensed. This is not. But no matter. I have no qualms about it myself. The club puts students in risk. The waivers lack a legal signature. Hell, I doubt there's a court copy. But all this is beneath notice if I could simply get an explanation on why we do this. Isn't it considered stealing to just take treasured relics and artifacts? For example, what if our goal is in a museum? Do we just take it?"
With a sigh of repulse, he'd lower his hands, which he had moved while he'd speak. Looking down to the watch again, he'd twist it on its side, the odd weight displacement still evident. Turning to Lan once more, he'd add-

"It's obvious where we are. The Academy."
Avery laughed and shook his head. "Arrogance, I see. You don't think we just toss the relics onto the carts when we leave, do you? Go ahead and take this to court. Maybe if you'd have read the waivers instead of just jotting your name down, you'd have seen the legal signatures."

"Since you seem to ask so many questions, We'll lay everything to rest. We'll take a detour to the EDT in this world and view all the legal papers, both there and in the principal's office. Maybe then will you stop making assumptions. One question you've failed to ask is if none of this is sanctioned, would this club even be here."

"I doubt a 'sanction' will hold this formation back. These relics could prove to be dangerous. It's akin to bringing a weapon into the school. And assuming I didn't read the waivers is directly adverse to the point behind them. No good attorney would sign such loophole riddled document. Withholding needed information is a serious penalty on OUR world. Inter-dimensional jurisdiction is not a possibility for our court."

The discussion brought back memories of Antoni versus State, a federal proceeding leading to the legalization of intercity laws. Sure, it was unconstitutional, but popular sovereignty was the highest law in the land at the time. Attorney at- practice almost religiously followed the plaintiff, leading to a new wave of sacro constitutional proceedings. Due to this, several large metropolis's acted as independent territories before the mess was settled. Still, the ideology lived on.

Tristan paused for a moment, stopping his fruitless quest at trying to climb this damned tree. He gave a tilt of his head at Lan's not so discreet jab at the amount of questions some of the members, including himself, asked. Even Avery seemed a little aggravated, he felt a little bad for them too be honest. Tristan was curious about all this is all, but he didn't mind roaming in the dark for a while, at least for now. It may just take him somewhere exciting.

tumblr_ni18pcR1D81u3bspjo2_500.gif

"D-Did you say...spiders?" His eyes widened in obvious nervousness. He didn't want to express it outwardly too much, but those six-legged, horrendous creatures were something that had long haunted him. Despite his mature appearance, Tristan definitely had a few quirks that were child-like to say the least. He gulped and made a dash back into the group, following Scarlet with the obedience of a trained police-dog. The school double doors were only a few steps away from them when the clitter-clatter of skinny, hairy legs stepping on hard flooring became audible. A single droplet of sweat ran down Tristan's temple. "Can we stop with this legal BS and j-just think about the fact that we're in a universe with SPIDERS for people."

MisterUniverse said:
Tristan paused for a moment, stopping his fruitless quest at trying to climb this damned tree. He gave a tilt of his head at Lan's not so discreet jab at the amount of questions some of the members, including himself, asked. Even Avery seemed a little aggravated, he felt a little bad for them too be honest. Tristan was curious about all this is all, but he didn't mind roaming in the dark for a while, at least for now. It may just take him somewhere exciting.

"D-Did you say...spiders?" His eyes widened in obvious nervousness. He didn't want to express it outwardly too much, but those six-legged, horrendous creatures were something that had long haunted him. Despite his mature appearance, Tristan definitely had a few quirks that were child-like to say the least. He gulped and made a dash back into the group, following Scarlet with the obedience of a trained police-dog. The school double doors were only a few steps away from them when the clitter-clatter of skinny, hairy legs stepping on hard flooring became audible. A single droplet of sweat ran down Tristan's temple. "Can we stop with this legal BS and j-just think about the fact that we're in a universe with SPIDERS for people."
"Don't worry. That's the only difference. They won't be deadly."

Milus said:
"I doubt a 'sanction' will hold this formation back. These relics could prove to be dangerous. It's akin to bringing a weapon into the school. And assuming I didn't read the waivers is directly adverse to the point behind them. No good attorney would sign such loophole riddled document. Withholding needed information is a serious penalty on OUR world. Inter-dimensional jurisdiction is not a possibility for our court."
The discussion brought back memories of Antoni versus State, a federal proceeding leading to the legalization of intercity laws. Sure, it was unconstitutional, but popular sovereignty was the highest law in the land at the time. Attorney at- practice almost religiously followed the plaintiff, leading to a new wave of sacro constitutional proceedings. Due to this, several large metropolis's acted as independent territories before the mess was settled. Still, the ideology lived on.
"But we somehow got the signatures. As I said before, if you think people will believe that we actually travel to another dimension, feel free to take the school to court. It's not about what you know. It's about what you can prove in court, and you nor any lawyer can prove a thing." No one in their right minds would believe anything he said. Seriously, they'd probably put him in an asylum. He couldn't prove they traveled to another dimension. He couldn't prove the documents were from another dimension (besides, they were also in their clubroom). "I bore of this senseless legal babble. If you think you have someone willing to take a case of people traveling out of the dimension or will believe a medallion will let you control fire, all I have to say is 'good luck.' Go find those loopholes. You'll find that there are none. This is one of the richest schools in the country. You don't think the school hired one of the best lawyers?"

MisterUniverse said:

Lan nodded, using the hand that wasn't tucked under his arm to point at Tristan. "Yeah, I was about to say, that seems a bit important? Also, are they life-sized spiders? Because why else would the school be this big?" He added, following after them and walking next to Tristan (or attempting to, at least, he had considerably shorter legs). He looked up and noticed the look of, well, stress –to put it gently– on Tristan's face. "It won't be that bad. Even if they were big, disgusting spider people, they'd go for the little ones like me first." He smirked, patting the boy's arm and turning to face forward again, hands swinging slightly at his sides.

Sesler held the grim expression to Avery for a moment, then let genuine joy cross his face. Hunching over laughing, he'd say-

"I wish you understood how good that felt. I haven't had someone challenge my thinking in ages!"

He'd reflect on his past legal matters. Though he was underage for district attorney and could not own an individual office, Sesler had handled house calls and presided in cases as an advisory subject. He was always trying to improve his legal cutwork, and documentation such as the EDT were prime game. He didn't tell them this, however; let them think he was a jerk before a hypocrite.

"No need for a detour, I'm as excited as you guys to figure this stuff out. I'm assuming the arachnida people are cultured and simply exist as we do."

Looking to the worry on Tristan, he'd jokingly add-

"Probably. Now, what exactly are we looking for?"

"Eep!" The flash had kind of startled Hana, and she covered her eyes with her hands. When she uncovered them, she looked around. It was the front of The Academy, which truly surprised her. Hana watched as some of the members talked amongst themselves. One very tall boy in particular seemed to be asking a whole bunch of questions, some that she kind of wondered too.

Then she heard it. Spiders. A world where people were...Spiders?

"Can the spiders speak?" She kind of squeaked out.

hexaphenylbenzene said:
Lan nodded, using the hand that wasn't tucked under his arm to point at Tristan. "Yeah, I was about to say, that seems a bit important? Also, are they life-sized spiders? Because why else would the school be this big?" He added, following after them and walking next to Tristan (or attempting to, at least, he had considerably shorter legs). He looked up and noticed the look of, well, stress –to put it gently– on Tristan's face. "It won't be that bad. Even if they were big, disgusting spider people, they'd go for the little ones like me first." He smirked, patting the boy's arm and turning to face forward again, hands swinging slightly at his sides.
Milus said:
Sesler held the grim expression to Avery for a moment, then let genuine joy cross his face. Hunching over laughing, he'd say-
"I wish you understood how good that felt. I haven't had someone challenge my thinking in ages!"

He'd reflect on his past legal matters. Though he was underage for district attorney and could not own an individual office, Sesler had handled house calls and presided in cases as an advisory subject. He was always trying to improve his legal cutwork, and documentation such as the EDT were prime game. He didn't tell them this, however; let them think he was a jerk before a hypocrite.

"No need for a detour, I'm as excited as you guys to figure this stuff out. I'm assuming the arachnida people are cultured and simply exist as we do."

Looking to the worry on Tristan, he'd jokingly add-

"Probably. Now, what exactly are we looking for?"
rosehearted said:
"Eep!" The flash had kind of startled Hana, and she covered her eyes with her hands. When she uncovered them, she looked around. It was the front of The Academy, which truly surprised her. Hana watched as some of the members talked amongst themselves. One very tall boy in particular seemed to be asking a whole bunch of questions, some that she kind of wondered too.

Then she heard it. Spiders. A world where people were...Spiders?

"Can the spiders speak?" She kind of squeaked out.
"No idea," Scarlet said. "The relic is located in the Principal's office. How do I know? This is a focused multiverse teleport, instead of a whole one." Scarlet pointed to the entrance gate to the school. It just got foggy at the gate. It was one of those things where you could keep walking, but haven't progressed anywhere when you turn around

"The spiders are most likely life-sized. I doubt they're gonna be hostile. Imagine being a guest at a school.......you know, where you walk in and have to get a guest pass or whatever. We won't have to fight until we get to the principal's office to get the relic. Every world has a boss that guards the relic." The relic in this world would be extremely weak since they did a focused teleport. If they did a universal teleport, it'd be much stronger

Tristan looked down at Lan, letting out a small chuckle at his attempt to comfort him. Despite the rather crude description of the spider-people, the small pat he gave him on the arm did manage to lower his anxiety levels a bit. Well... until he found out these spiderlings were most likely going to be life sized. He rested his hands behind his neck as Sesler knowingly poked fun at him for his obvious and childish fears. When it came to them possibly speaking, Tristan nearly had a heart attack.

"Ughhhhhh" Tristan dragged his feet behind himself, still following obediently behind Scarlet. He would do like she said and act casual. Well, as casual as a person trapped with one of his biggest fears can act. At the corner of his eye, the humanoid spiders began to come into view through a window on the second floor. His back started itching like crazy; he dismissed it as just him imagining the feeling of a thousand little bugs crawling on him. Little did he know that his wings were very slowly awakening from there long slumber since there last use nearly two and a half millennia ago.

There are many questions inside her, but Ashley shrugged them off. Worries and anxiety isn't going to be much of help here, although human sized spiders, might be abit too much. Spiders that are bigger than the eraser would have been quite a fear for her already. She would need to hide if it were the case.

Maybe lan, or Sesler, or Tristan, or Scarlet will be her sacrifice when it happens. Having the thought that she might even kill the spider that is her in this dimension didn't help either.

Awaiting for their actions, Ashley wouldn't place herself at the front of the group. She would be the last if possible. And if there's spiders behind the group however, she would just shield herself at the center of the group. Being on the edge of screehing is better than panicky screehing and running around.

Forcefully swallow her saliva loudly, she instinctively already motioned herself to be behind Tristan, the one that seemed to be the closest to her at the moment.

Lan briefly flicked his eyes over to Tristan as the first spider appeared, knocking his shoulder against Tristan's. When the taller boy looked down, Lan raised his eyebrows in a silent question. 'You okay?' Was the silent query, a sympathetic half-smirk donning his cheeks. He'd offer his hand, if they knew each other a little better. Well, no, he'd offer his hand to this one any day of the week. He did admit, though the spider people were... grotesque, almost in their nature. They were large, vaguely humanoid things with disgustingly furry legs and way too many eyes for Lan to be anywhere near comfortable with. It wasn't hard to believe that anyone would run screaming at the sight of them, much less someone scared of spiders.

"So, I assume that the relics will.. boot up, for lack of better word, by the time we reach the 'principal'? I don't like the idea of us going in there completely blind." Lan said, walking a bit faster so as to be a bit more parallel with Scarlet when he spoke.

Sesler looked at several of the humanoid arachnids in an obvious way. What he'd do to study them further...

They were cultured, and if they weren't so real and close to him, Sesler could imagine it as a Python skit. Some were even garbed in clothing suited for the extra arms.

"I'm sure my heap of questions is nagging, but do the relics reflect the world they come from? I'm assuming they are from their own universe until we collect them. Unless other travelers move them..."

The thought never occurred until he said it. They could simply be dimensional pirates, nabbing loot from other travelers.

Blank-faced, Hana stared at the humanoid arachnids. They weren't so scary as they approached, but the bizarreness of it all made her want to turn and gun it back... Even though it didn't seem like something that she could do. She trailed along behind her club mates, casting worried glances at the er... people.

Avery said something to the effect of the spider people being friendly, so Hana allowed herself to relax. Right. She was among a group of other people. Any trouble that would appear, she certainly wouldn't be expected to handle alone. Hana sped up, more of a pep in her step. She wanted to make a better impression.

MisterUniverse said:
Tristan looked down at Lan, letting out a small chuckle at his attempt to comfort him. Despite the rather crude description of the spider-people, the small pat he gave him on the arm did manage to lower his anxiety levels a bit. Well... until he found out these spiderlings were most likely going to be life sized. He rested his hands behind his neck as Sesler knowingly poked fun at him for his obvious and childish fears. When it came to them possibly speaking, Tristan nearly had a heart attack.
"Ughhhhhh" Tristan dragged his feet behind himself, still following obediently behind Scarlet. He would do like she said and act casual. Well, as casual as a person trapped with one of his biggest fears can act. At the corner of his eye, the humanoid spiders began to come into view through a window on the second floor. His back started itching like crazy; he dismissed it as just him imagining the feeling of a thousand little bugs crawling on him. Little did he know that his wings were very slowly awakening from there long slumber since there last use nearly two and a half millennia ago.
Allibi said:
There are many questions inside her, but Ashley shrugged them off. Worries and anxiety isn't going to be much of help here, although human sized spiders, might be abit too much. Spiders that are bigger than the eraser would have been quite a fear for her already. She would need to hide if it were the case.
Maybe lan, or Sesler, or Tristan, or Scarlet will be her sacrifice when it happens. Having the thought that she might even kill the spider that is her in this dimension didn't help either.

Awaiting for their actions, Ashley wouldn't place herself at the front of the group. She would be the last if possible. And if there's spiders behind the group however, she would just shield herself at the center of the group. Being on the edge of screehing is better than panicky screehing and running around.

Forcefully swallow her saliva loudly, she instinctively already motioned herself to be behind Tristan, the one that seemed to be the closest to her at the moment.
hexaphenylbenzene said:
Lan briefly flicked his eyes over to Tristan as the first spider appeared, knocking his shoulder against Tristan's. When the taller boy looked down, Lan raised his eyebrows in a silent question. 'You okay?' Was the silent query, a sympathetic half-smirk donning his cheeks. He'd offer his hand, if they knew each other a little better. Well, no, he'd offer his hand to this one any day of the week. He did admit, though the spider people were... grotesque, almost in their nature. They were large, vaguely humanoid things with disgustingly furry legs and way too many eyes for Lan to be anywhere near comfortable with. It wasn't hard to believe that anyone would run screaming at the sight of them, much less someone scared of spiders.
"So, I assume that the relics will.. boot up, for lack of better word, by the time we reach the 'principal'? I don't like the idea of us going in there completely blind." Lan said, walking a bit faster so as to be a bit more parallel with Scarlet when he spoke.
Milus said:
Sesler looked at several of the humanoid arachnids in an obvious way. What he'd do to study them further...
They were cultured, and if they weren't so real and close to him, Sesler could imagine it as a Python skit. Some were even garbed in clothing suited for the extra arms.

"I'm sure my heap of questions is nagging, but do the relics reflect the world they come from? I'm assuming they are from their own universe until we collect them. Unless other travelers move them..."

The thought never occurred until he said it. They could simply be dimensional pirates, nabbing loot from other travelers.
Avery stepped in front of the door. She shifted and took on another form in a flash of white. "Correct," she said. "Every relic has an ability based on the world it's in. We don't know what it is until we activate it, but we're suspecting something along the lines of a Spiderman ability or growing multiple spider limbs."

150f8bb70a149dd76f48eccdc17dd620.jpg

"Now, let's proceed," Scarlet said. "While we're in here, I suggest you try to see what your relics can do. However, don't anger anyone, as they will attack, just like students in any other school..........One thing to keep in mind is that you will be recognized by any friends in this form that you have back at home." The literal only difference between this world and their own was that everyone was a spider.

First abashed at Avery's transformation, he'd look down to his watch. Pressing several buttons without effect, he'd say-

"Is there some trick to it, or..."

Upon a small latch on the right side of the interface, he'd push it upward, opening a small compartment under the battery pack, hence the bulkiness. Plates of a dull, grey metal would spread, overlapping one another to build a seal. It'd stop at the top of his left shoulder, encasing the arm entirely. The plates fit almost too well, acting as though it were a second layer of skin. The lightweight feel made it seem as though it was brittle and useless, but a few hard knocks proved otherwise.

Anyone in the fencing community could see such use of a device. It nullified the need for a cross guard or a defensive stance upon the left side of the body. This gave him a great range of movement; IF he had a rapier, that is. With an exclamation of shock, he'd say-

"Some odd tech for a futuristic setting. Perhaps their world lacked firearms."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back