• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Explorer's Guild (IC)

The Guild Hall was chaotic. Several dozen workers were still rebuilding it. The building was still under heavy construction, and most of the rooms were unfinished, except for the planning room and the barracks. The hall was quite big, with the main hall being over fifty feet wide. At the center was a massive table, since it's where meals are eaten. Lukas was helping coordinate the rebuilding, instructing any members and recruits to go to the planning room at the far end of the hall and wait until Lukas could debrief them.
(Sorry for the short first post. I got writer's block.)

Sylvester made his way into the hall, taking a moment to marvel at the halls size, then he proceeded towards Lukas and after being told where he needed to to go, gave a bow "Thank you my friend" and made his way towards the planning room. He was humming a small tune all the while and gently tapping his cane on the ground as he walked , he continued this until he was inside the planning room, noticing he was the first there he took a seat and waited.

Reminds me of when they were still building the school back home, but I guess that wasn't so grand as this.

Marstor's lips spread into a soft smile at the sight of all the work being done, contrasting with what two rooms had already been finished. Promising! he thought, reaching into his robes and pulling out his necklace by the two hooks at the end. Fortunately he was used to making his way through crowds of busy people, dodging and weaving his way towards the guildmaster as gently as could be done. He decided interrupting the workflow wasn't worth the greeting, and so he instead opted for lifting a hand and nodding as he made his way past into the planning room. Immediately greeted with the doctor, he repeated the gesture and stepped over to clasp his gloved hands over the back of a chair.

"Been having a nice day?" he asked while glancing around for the arrival of any others.

The doctor looked at Marstor, trying not to poke him with the beak of his mask "Greetings my good man" He rose from his seat and extended his long, thin and gloved hand for a handshake "My day has been good, i am Sylvester Dunwitch ,and you are?" Sylvester said with a cheerful and inquisitive tone, placing his cane and bag of medical supplies on the table.

"I wonder what awaits us in our coming travels" he says with the same cheerful tone.

Yueying-dw7art.jpg Jie arrived at guild hall and noticed the construction still going on but it didn't seem to stop the members from coming to hangout. She noticed that Lukas was telling people to head to the planning room. So she made her way down the hall. When she reached the room she noticed only two men had arrived so far. She wondered if she had the right room. She really wasn't 100% sure. She had gotten lost before because of all the construction. "Hey is this the planning room?" She walked up to them.
Kenjinx Kenjinx
KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

Sylvester turned his beaked,unblinking and black-eyed face towards her, "Greetings madame" he gave a bow, under normal circumstances he would have taken her hand and kissed it but he wouldn't dare take off his mask "I am Doctor Sylvester, who are you?" he said to Jie, he thought she was rather striking but this was not the time or place for such things. "But oh yes, this is the planning room" he said with a cheerful tone, "I assume you are another member of our merry band of adventurers?"
animegirl20 animegirl20

Robbie stood outside the door to the planning room. He was nervous. He thought about the past two years since he left the monastery. During that time, he slept in barns, did some odd jobs at inns here and there, pinched in and helped during the harvest, but most of the time it was working as a guard on caravans. Although it most boring work most of the time.. well except for when bandits attacked but that was more of a bad type of excitement. The one thing that guard duty did provide for outside a small sack of gold upon completion of the journey was ample time to in the morning and evening to practice with his sword. He was getting better every day but the more he realized how much further he needed to go. Now, he was stepping up to a higher level than before. If he screwed up here or made a serious mistake, he could easily end up dead.

He took a deep breath, and went in the room. He sat down in the one of the chairs and said, “Hi, I’m Robert Talbot. But, you can call me Robbie.” And shrugged.

(Post will not be this long always, I just have a thing for intro posts)

A slight figure ghosted about the edge of the hall. It was easy to go unnoticed with all the commotion of construction. She was glad; her apprenticeship had been secured with Lukas, but that didn't mean she wanted to spend much time with him. He either hadn't noticed or hadn't cared about her non-humanness, and she wasn't keen on finding out which it was. Talia skirted the edge of the room, careful to stay out of the way, and made her way down where she had seen the others go.

The selkie stepped into the room silently, glancing over the gathered others. She had followed male who she perceived as young but of average appearance into the room; Robbie had a pleasant voice when he spoke. The others were perhaps the most interesting bunch she had ever seen. The first she noticed was the man with the long black robes and bird-face. He spoke to the woman with a kind tone, but she found herself wondering what was hiding under his robes (or in the oddly shaped bag). The woman she thought was comparable to her own age, but her clothing was not like what most people wore, and the color reminded her of grass and land (ew). The other man seemed more like other people she had met; his clothing was not so strange, and although his face looked like he had slaved away all his life, as the villagers had called it, his presence was calm and his eyes kind.

Talia realized, after a moment, that standing in the doorway and studying the humans may make her seem odd. So, she moved into the room, her cloak floating behind her and giving the illusion she was gliding. Graceful as she looked, she felt like she might fall over. Feet were stupid appendages.

The selkie wasn't keen on sitting ext to green-clothes-woman, and a part of her distrusted bird-face-man. She picked a chair one spot away from kind-eyed-man and stood behind it. After placed her quiver and bow on the table, she returned her striking blue eyes to the group and lifted a hand in greeting, one corner of her mouth lifting into a half-smile. "I am Talia." She stated softly. Her voice had a lilting sound to it, with rises and falls in pitch in every syllable. She had yet to adopt a perfectly human accent.

Last edited:
Lukas finally got the construction straight enough to go meet the new members of the guild, walking into the meeting room. He was instantly suprised by the man in the black robes and bird mask. "Plague doctor," he thought, having heard stories as a child of plague doctors. He then saw the woman dressed in peculiar clothing, which puzzled him. "She must be from the East or something," he thought again, then turning to the blue-eyed woman, the young man with the sword, and the other guy with a holy symbols around his neck.

After taking note of everyone, Lukas walked to the front of everyone, saying, "Hello, everyone. You may already know who I am, but just in case you don't, I am Lukas Fletcher, standing Grandmaster of the guild. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, and I look forward to working with you all." He cleared his throat, pointing to a map on the wall and saying, "Our first expedition is to some old ruins just outside the city. The locals are too scared to explore it, something about an invincible creature. Anyway, we go pin, look for anything of immediate use, and leave. Everything else is left up to the archaeology team. When we get one. Any questions?"

Sylvester stood up and asked "Are there any indigenous plagues or diseases in the area?" he said looking through his medical bag ensuring he had all the right supplies "And how old are these ruins? for some poisonous creatures take time to set up nests in areas like that" he once again scanned the room, unblinking eyes studying each person ensuring he had enough supplies for everyone.

Lukas looked at the doctor, saying, "Well, that's the thing. No one's ever been in there and survived, so we can't really say if there are any poisonous plants or creatures in there, though since nobody's gotten out of it, we have to assume there's at least a few."

"Many thanks Lukas" The doctor said, sitting back down to let any other party members ask any questions they may have. "If anything this will prove to be a learning experience, i wonder what we shall come across"

Lukas smiled, saying, "Anytime, my friend. I bet it's a troll. Anyone else thinks it's a troll?" He looked around the room, seeing if anyone agrees. "Well, I'm betting it's a troll, or a cyclops or some other giant creature like it." He places a few gold coins onto a table, signaling anyone who wants to bet.

The doctor chuckles for a bit "I'll take your bet" he places a few more gold coins on the table "I say giant spiders, ruins are a good habitat for them"

"You're on, doctor." He looked him straight in the eyes, smirking. He coughed a bit, then saying, "Anymore questions? Chances are we're probably going to die, so don't get angry if you get your head ripped off by troll." He was sure it was a troll. They live for hundreds of years and can only be killed with fire or acid, the latter not very accessable to villagers.

So, Lukas is it. Robbie said, “I have some questions, not to say that it is or is not a troll. But, what do we know about these ruins? What is the history of the place? Can we read up somewhere in the city? What was it before it became ruined? If we have history, we might know what to look for in terms of treasure or potential adversaries. Also, if we case around the place we might get an idea of the invincible creature by seeing footprints, track, etc.” Then he finalized, “What do you think?”

"That's a good idea, ehh..it's Robbie, right? We can stop in the town near it and do some research. Plus, the library here is in pretty good shape, so we might find something about it." He walked up to Robbie, patting him on the shoulder. "Alright then, first order of business is reading some history. About the place."

Talia's eyes locked on to Lukas as soon as he entered the room, intent on where they would be going. When he mentioned the ancient ruins, her expression dampened a little, as hard as it was to tell; she had hoped they would go somewhere where her skin would be more likely to find.
The idea of a 'bet' had been encountered before, but it was still out of her grasp, so she refrained from the activity. That, and she had very few of the little yellow metal things that humans valued so much.
The selkie perked up a little again when Robbie, who she decided she liked, suggested doing 'research' and lead Lukas to say they would stop in a town before reaching the ruin.
she picked up her bow and arrow, glanced at the others, and gave a small nod to Lukas, as if to say she was ready to leave at that very moment.

Robbie said “Lukas, let’s see the library here. What is the name of the town and the ruins? I can read the some of the ancient tongues. If you can point me in the right direction. I imagine that the good doctor can help. Also, there must be a lore expert in the city or perhaps a bard, who knows about the local or regional legends.”

Robbie looked at Talia. “Talia, you have exceptional eyes. Initially, they seemed to me to be like a woodland creature. But there is more to them. They seem inhumanly dark yet so warm and inviting. Perhaps, you can find a lore expert or bard. Then, bat your eyes and smile at him. The old codger won’t stand a chance. We might get a useful story or information.” He smiled and shrugged and then said, “You know what they say, all for one and one for all.”

"Good job, Robbie. I can already tell you're going to make a fine addition to the guild. The town's name is...Westshire. That's it. The library's down the hall." He pointed at the door, saying, "Last door on the left. You should be able to find it." He then turned to the others, saying, "Now, I actually have some personal questions for you all." He turned to the girl in the odd clothes, saying, "Your clothes are quite different than any I've seen before. Where are you from, Miss.."

animegirl20 animegirl20

Talia met Robbie's gaze neutrally when he addressed her, listening politely to what he had to say. She was a little confused by it; one of her eye brows raised as he remarked on her eyes, her lips drew a little tighter. She used the confused expression to hide the fact that she was unnerved by his comment. She was now worried about her eyes being odd, on top of her behavior and spots. And, she wondered briefly if spending time around human men was a bad idea, given the reason for human distrust of selkies- stealing unhappy spouses away with their unnatural good looks in human form. She forgot that she was an unbelievable beauty as a human; she was pretty average as far as selkies went.
Talia's almond eyes darted to the other woman, the one with the strange clothing and long hair. The woman was intriguing in her own way, but much more normal; her beauty was human. Talia shifted her eyes back to Robbie, and they narrowed a bit when she replied. "I am not the one for that." She used the kindest tone she could, since his suggestion was not an entirely bad one. One corner of her mouth lifted, a partial smile for his efforts.
Talia self-consciously dropped her eyes to the floor then, and looked up at Lukas through her lashes when he spoke. The personal questions are my least favorite, she thought, giving her expression a bit of a pouting look. She assumed she looked innocent and passive, or at least neutral, but in reality she looked like a seductress annoyed by waiting.

Lukas turned to Talia, saying, "I don't believe we've talked enough before, so I can't remember your name? What is it, miss?" He looked at her politely, having no idea she was a selkie. He'd only ever heard legends, and even then, they were old wives' tales.

Talia blinked once and then raised her chin a little.
"I am Talia, I come from South of here. Near the sea." She said, almost shortly. Humans were obsessed with names. Members of her tribe rarely used each other's given names. But perhaps that was because they spent all their times in the true forms, and used their physical voices very rarely.
"What can I do to help us be ready to leave?" Her question came out a little abruptly, but she was sure her skin wasn't in this town, so she needed to go to the next.

"Hmm...you could help pack the necessities for the journey. The quartermaster should have some things for you to do. Thank you for helping, Miss Talia." He turned to the plague doctor, saying, "I do believe I didn't get your name. What is it again?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back