Exoprism - Updates

Thysnia

Peanut Butter Bandit
This thread is for @Superduperman717 and I only. Any questions or comments should be directed at us in the OOC, and we'll add notes here accordingly if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated the Setting/Locations tab with new information about the city of Timburin. 
Thysnia and I have been discussing in detail about the limit powers should have. This is nothing against you guys as individuals, but is a result of the evolution of the world our character reside in.

On power limitations:

World breaker characters are not allowed for reasons easily guessed. Powers must have some sort of limit to them, because it takes one overpowered character to ruin the role play for several other people. The majority of you have done this already directly or indirectly. DamagedGlasses' character Jenny is a great example of a character with a power limit. Unless she can focus accordingly she cannot properly form and command her golems. Not everyone's characters have to be limited by concentration alone, but can also be limited by other factors as well, including abstract ones. There just has to be a way for your character to be "equal" to other characters, obviously with multiple power types there cannot be clear cut victors. Do not get me wrong characters can be insanely strong, but like stars the most powerful characters/abilities last for very short periods of time. The inverse is also true meaning a half as strong character can last twice as long. Hopefully this will allow teamwork and interaction between characters on stronger fights.

I love your guys' characters thus far and amazed how creative you guys can get.

Neverin I don't like calling you out specifically, but your character Sol is beginning to border world breaker status. There is nothing wrong with wanting him being able to be powerful, but needs to have a weakness just as strong as his strengths to counter balance his abilities. Your second character's, Alicia, power is not overpowered as it is going to be hard to keep track of in the long run. Instead of the changes being permanent could they be temporary illusions created by Alicia? This power would be incredibly useful later when confronting outside enemies.

This was talked about by Thysnia earlier, I just felt that it should be expanded upon. We are not trying to be harsh on people, I mean my character was rather overpowered at first until I changed Bertrand completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back