Exodus Protocol

Haru-chi

The year is 2575.

The world has begun steps towards research and development of Meta-Humans.

Signup thread: http://www.rpnation.com/index.php?threads/exodus-protocol.9037/

The Gaia Federation is one of the leading Nations producing Meta-Humans that range from civil purposes to military exploits. They have the best scientists available which is why their Technology and Research Departments are second to none in the entire global field. They have also been rumored to go beyond Meta-Human research and also into Creature creation and Modification, hence sighting and reports of So-called "Chimera" prowling the borders.

The AMHG is a group of global terrorists who have strong anti meta-human research sentiments, their influence spreads from the local masses to the higher echelons of the governments. They prefer the use of Guerrilla tactics to wage combat and are shrewd politicians. They are lead by a mysterious figure going only by the alias of "Purist." They are notorious for exclusively targeting Meta-Human research facilities and developing "Dampeners" which Basically weakens a meta-human for either capture or usually execution.

Some Meta-Humans have managed to escape a Federation research facility along with knowledge of secret plans by the Federation that would change the direction of Meta-Human research and disrupt Global Stability. 
The sirens blared, signaling an emergency happening at that very moment. "CODE RED. CODE RED. This is NOT a drill!" a soldier from the watchtower screamed into the megaphone.

The five-foot thick titanium walls opened, as a flustered teenager could be seen zipping out away from what she called the "hellhole". The girl brought along two pieces of titanium metal that she retrieved earlier from the remainder of the explosion that she caused earlier, having it levitate over her head and behind her in order to protect her from any bullets as she ran. However, this didn't help much when there were heavily armed soldiers in tanks chasing her down. The girl momentarily turned around and brought both palms up facing the two tanks. With two flicks of her wrists, both tanks turned over. "Jeez, they couldn't ride in something lighter?" she mumbled before running away. The tanks were pretty damn heavy, and it was wearing her down.

Last edited by a moderator:
A teenage boy, somewhere in his late teens or early 20's was running... And tripping. He was clutching his chest, breathing heavily, and, again, tripping.

He ran down the halls, his hands moving from his chest to his ears to block out the sound of the siren. He looked like he was in serious concentration as well as full on panic.

There had been an explosion. He wasn't sure who had caused it. Now, it looked like the idea was to get out.

The boy stopped. Reached into his back pocket to the pack of illegal cigarettes that lined it, and light one up. It seemed to calm his shaking hands and help him to think better.

Suddenly, he heard a crash. He turned the next hall to open doors... Leading outside... He ran.

He discovered, just a moment later, the source of the crash. Two tanks were on their sides and a girl was running away. Blocking something. Bullets.

The boy preformed a series of dodges, while running, to get away from the bullets and he ran as hard as he could, praying he didn't fall, to catch up with the girl.

Toshirio came down like a hawk, at least that's what he believed himself to be. A heroic figure, he laughed to himself. "BREAK" He yelled out above the female who seemed to be running. Three tanks where coming he way but soon caved in as it smashed to the floor like a pancake. Above the girl was Toshiro who had a man driving the copter. The man was crying though as Toshiro threatened, if he did not do what he asked he would crush him. He smiled pointing to the fall Tanks. "like that ya see." Toshiro motioned for him to get lower. The wind the blades of the copter made, made his coat move like ripples in the water. His gas make in the form of a ram bounced against his collar bone as he smiled down toward the girl. Trying to play it cool he nodded his head. "Thanks for the chance to escape , without a diversion I would have never left ."

He happened to look back toward another one that was running then back toward the girl. "Jail break right, lot of people really don't want to be here." His light conversation was going smooth like he hoped it would to. He paid no mind toward the upcoming tanks. He wanted to see more of what this girl could do, and possibly befriend her. The thought of befriending her made him turn red as he looked away. He began to mess with his hair as he was looking for some words to add on.

Erin was sitting in his office as there was an explosion. But he didn't react or went to see what had caused it. He knew what had and all he could do was sit there, with his notes of other various projects and just hope. His colleague bursted in and told him the news that the meta-humans had escaped. Erin just adjusted his glasses and slowly rose to his feet. "I know." Was all he stated. His colleague paused in confusement and asked how could he know. "Don't play dumb, James. You can't really say that they were happy here." Not much was said after that and James just left to remind the soldiers not to kill them, that they should be bought back alive. Erin just sat back in his chair and looked out a window to the sky. A small smile formed when he believed they made it out. Over the sirens and the explosions. Maybe this wasn't a bad day afterall.

Celia would continue to run, occasionally looking back to see how many were still tailing her. At some point, she eyed two people, who weren't dressed in military attire. Other experiments, no doubt. One of them caught up to her, and he smelled like cigarettes, the other one tried to strike up a conversation. Celia nodded at the boy, before flinging the two pieces of metal at several of the soldiers behind them. She knew it wouldn't be long until more reinforcements were called in...with heavier artillery of course. It wasn't the heavy weaponry she was worried about, but the sedatives. The second she was shot with that stuff, she knew it would be over. Might as well be dead.

After gaining some distance, she could see bushes. Bushes. Forest. A place to hide. Without thinking, she immediately started to speed up, hoping Mother Nature would help her and the other escapees hide.

Simon had a distinct urge to cuss.

He, and one other (he wasn't sure where he had come from but he didn't look like a fed), had finally caught up to the girl and she took off again. She looked like she had a destination in mind, however, Simon assumed the forest up ahead, so he continued to follow her at a break neck pace.

He felt like his lungs were going to burst before this day was over.

Raphael had just been assigned to the facility. It was supposed to be routine. "Unless a break-out is routine, I'd say we're doing a pretty good job on the research." The sirens blared the moment he stepped into the research facility. He looked around and saw people running around in several directions at once as the sirens pierced the air. The Federation's finest, all running around like headless chickens. No direction, just an organized chaos. He had calmly proceeded to the research head's office, whoever knew what was happening would be the head researcher for this division of the project. "This isn't my problem." He muttered to himself as he walked. "At least, not yet." He added as if it were a mere afterthought. So what if a few of them escape? Raphael had reached the office of the Head Research Director. He took a deep breath and calmed down a little bit more then opened the door. "Director Pike?"

Last edited by a moderator:
(Sorry, but could someone explain to me what's going on, exactly? I just want to see where I could fit in...)

(well the break out just happened, Haru-chi and her group just left the facility. Doctor Pike(Narrator) and Estoc/Raphael(me) are in Pike's office. You can shoehorn yourself as an escapee or be the reason for the break out in the first place xD )

(Ah, okay.)

As Marcy sat in her room, surrounded by walls of type and touch-screen computers, she viewed each of the cameras within the Facility with amusement. Hacking the cameras? Piece of cake. Accessing the alarms? Not so much.

Young Marcy had to applaud the prestige research facility for running such a tight ship, but nothing limited her. She had broken past loads of secure firewalls, her fingers flying a mile a minute, and it had paid off.

What really pleased her was how the Meta-Humans were reacting. Her commanding officer had informed her that they would so, but Marcy seemed to relish in how everything was going. Now, Marcy was eager to push the plan further, but she had been told to wait, Marcy would get the chance at the Metas. The waiting, however, seemed too long.

She leaned back in her rolling computer chair, pushing herself around in circles like a child as she waited for the key moment.

Erin had poured himself a cup of tea and stared out of the window a bit more. He was half way through taking a sip when the door opened. He turned his head, with cup still to mouth, to the person behind him. He lowered the cup abit from his mouth. "Ah, Estoc" He placed the cup down on the desk and rose to his feet and turned towards Estoc. "You're probably here due to the situation yes?" He looked down to the cup. "Would you like some tea? It's Earl Grey~"

Estoc. Raphael was still getting used to being called Estoc. The director had been in the middle of sipping tea when Raphael entered. The director had put down the tea and asked him about his reason here. "Director!" He snapped a salute. "I was sent here to help oversee the research. Is everything going as planned, sir?" He asked despite the chaos outside. "I have not tasted an Earl Grey yet but would like to try, sir." Raphael had to be formal, Dr. Erin Pike was one of the leading minds of the Federation in terms of Meta-Human research, which meant he was addressing someone who has a higher paygrade and rank than him.

Erin exhaled at the formalness of Estoc. Pouring an extra cup and handing it to Estoc, though due to the years of drinking it, his hands had adapted to the heat. "You'll love it. Don't get it much now-a-days" Erin picked up his cup and took another sip. "As for the research, all details are in this folder-" He slid a folder across the desk so it was closer to Estoc to imply to take it. "-the results were as predicted but, and you can quote me on this. That I would prefer it if they gave me more reasonable time on a project. Results aren't easy." He stared out the window again. A moment passed before he half turned to Estoc. "Estoc....do you have any news on what happened? Anything you perhaps over-heard on your way here?" He voice had gone softer than his usual official I know what I'm doing voice.

Raphael took the cup and sipped the tea. "This is pretty good, director." Raphael had skimmed through the reports, a lot new subjects were taken in today. A few numbers regarding deaths and rejects. Methodologies and theoretical experimentation were reported as well.

"Doctor, I understand the need for more time. However, the Exodus Protocol will be implemented soon, we need as many of these posted around the borders and inside the nation. I am not entirely privy to the execution of the Exodus Protocol nor specific details. I was only sent here to help oversee the project and to pass word of the Exodus Protocol." Raphael had put down his tea on the table. "I heard most of the staff running around saying a break out had occurred. Do you think the AMHG is behind this or would it be another fault in security?"

Marcy had been searching through one of the cupboards for food when she heard the phrase "AMHG". Chewing her lip with intrigue, she grabbed a package of licorice out of the cupboard and hopped back in her rolling chair. There seemed to be a conversation going on in one of the main offices in the facility. Marcy then took survey of the two men conversing. She zoomed in on the face of the man at the desk drinking tea, filtered his face within the her systems and pulled out the name Eric Pike. She minimized his file, figuring she would have to refer back to it later. As they spoke, she took listened to the surprisingly casual tones of their voices and rolled over to a monitor that showed another angle of the office, zooming in on the other man's face, doing the same thing he had done to Mr. Pike's face. Cross referencing, she pulled out the name Raphael Vega. Marcy sighed and leaned back in her chair.

"Alright Mr. Vega, Mr. Pike," she said to the computer screen, as if it could hear, "Let's see what makes you so special." Marcy ripped open the package of licorice, and watched the screens carefully.

"I'll be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it was both" Erin took off his glasses and cleaned the lenses with his fingers. He turned his head towards Estoc. "Tell me, private, what do you think of the way they used to treat the meta-humans in this facility? Would you blame them for breaking out?" He placed his glasses back onto his nose, slightly adjusting them so he can see again. He laughed once he thought about what he said. "Don't mind me, I'm just an old man who's going over his excitement. Afterall, it's not every day you have people breake out away from you! I feel like I'm in some type of holo-film!" He laughed once again at the statement trying to prove to the private that he was joking around though he could understand if Estoc thought he was a bit crazy. Though really he was trying to figure out a way how to contact those escapees so he could make sure he wouldn't be seeing them again back in the facility. "I shouldn't keep you long, I know how impatient your higher-ups can be. But Estoc, if you ever want some tea again, don't hesitate to come on down. You'll make better company then my partner. Erm, make sure not to tell him that." He sat back down in his chair and pulled out a folder that was towards another project that he had been assigned.

"Well, officially, director, I think that these Meta-humans have rights that should be respected unless they become willing experiments to which they forfeit their rights. They chose their own grave. Off the record, whatever you guys are doing sickens me a bit. They are people, most of them are children taken from their families. It is simply monstrous." Estoc took a sip from the Earl Grey he put down a while ago. "I mean, why children? I would care less if they were convicts, but I would still care. I know I'm starting to sound like I'm from the AMHG, but unlike them I don't feel like attacking International powers. I prefer doing things through the proper channels, unless I am presented with no choice. I really don't want to end Meta-human research because there are still thousands of benefits we could get from them. I just wish we get WILLING subjects for research purposes, not stealing them from families."

He had finished his tea as he finished his little speech. He put down the tea cup on the table.

"Not like I can do anything about it though." He shrugged. "Somehow I don't really feel the need to run after a few escaped Meta-Humans. I don't think it will push back the Exodus Protocol." He stared at the doctor as he realized the gravity of what he had said. "Are you going to turn me in, sir?"

"No, private. Im not. After all, it's only an opinion." He coughed awardly. He had a feeling he was being watched. "Now, I must insist that you head back to whoever sent you before we're both in trouble." He began work on the folder, writing various notes. "Though Estoc, I don't think I should remind you that you probably shouldn't tell anyone about the conversation we had. But if you feel like you got a problems, just seek me out. You're not the only one to think the same." He sighed. "Take it easy, Estoc. I have a feeling this is far from over for them"

Estoc had taken into consideration what the director had said. The director had made a point and more importantly he didn't turn him in. "Director, a question before I go? Are you one of the people who feel the same as I do? Or are you just a spectator watching the game?" He decided he'd leave once he got answer.

shifting Daemon ran he suddenly fell as his body changed again. his legs grew longer and the familiar pain of a second set of them developing was torturous. when he stood again his legs had split and now at his knees a second leg was visible. he now had hoofs on his back set and he knew the Chitin plates on his back had retracted into his body.shifting into a quick run he saw a pair of others that where running away from the facility in non-military clothing. moving closer he saw a girl and a guy the guy smelled of Cigarettes and the girl had almost no scent. he spoke up " Hey! you guys running away to?"

Celia was starting to tire down. They gave her a normal body, but a big brain. Sometimes she wished she had a better body, like the towering nine-foot man that was approaching. She had seem him somewhere within the facility before. She wanted to answer him, but it was hard to talk while running for so long. They reached a forrest, and Celia faced her palm toward Daemon, forcibly pushing him into the bushes for cover. Hopefully Daemon wouldn't mind the abrupt rudeness, but had no choice considering the helicopters hovering above them had their little lights on the ground searching for them. Celia would hide in the bushes herself as well.

Daemon hit the ground lightly. sliding into cover he collapsed writhing as his legs became normal again.shifting his skin cracked apart and he grew plate of chitin that where the exact color of the ground and bushes around them. growling slightly he looked at the girl. he had seen her around but never talked to her." so I'd guess they messed with your brain instead of you body?"

(her head isn't big, just to clarify xD I was rereading my post and I got an image of my character with an oversized head LOL)

Celia would glance up at the sky, waiting until the loud whirring of the helicopters faded. She stood up, brushing away excess leaves that stuck to her from the bushes before she would answer Daemon. "Pretty much. Although I suppose it's the only reason I'm not dead right now", she mused.

standing up Daemon stood straight up and looked at the girl. " if we are going to need to move quickly i could carry you. you are tiny and can't weight more than the training gear i used there." turning his camouflage was slowly spreading to cover more of his body. the chitin just below his skin giving him new colors and causinghim to look like a chameleon left on slow motion.

Simon's chest was heaving. They had finally stopped. He lit up another cigarette and took a moment to collect himself.

He covered himself in a bush and continued to breath heavily. "We need to find somewhere safer than a bush, don't you think?" He could kick himself. Moving meant more running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back