Exalted Second Edit came out a day early at my town.

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
I've got this too say about it.

ITS AWESOME

they made if full color.

It took me a few minutes too realize that too.

(OOC: what was it ABOUT that in exalted 1st edit, and world of darkness everything being black and white)

It also heavily emphasizes the anime flavor of exalted so you know.

they did rework a lot of charms so you know.

Finally I couldnt find a conversion guide in their book 1st edit chars.

oh btw they basicly THREW OUT gems of perpetual wellness.

Must have FINALLY realized how twinkish those are.

and once again they have confused me on the slave owning issue.

now not even dynasts can own slaves, only the empress herself (though dynasts can rent them indefinately, and patricians can rent them , preferably in quanity.

I Hate that they cant agree with themselves on things like this.

all of the "story bits between chapters" are magna/Anime now, rather then a single picture with text on the other side.

Well I hope to hear your opinions.

oh... question...

what should I do with my old first edit stuff?

Sell it on ebay or hold it as a memento or what?

Well, I'm gonna keep mine on my hard drive, and burned on a DVD.

As for the B&W issue, I think it was just an extra cost in printing that kept them from doing it before, but now I think they've decided that they have to do it in order to sell them. I dropped $35 on the new Mage book because it was just so goddamned shiny.

I'm still curious to see if they've got full color skunk people though.

If you have a copy of the Dragonbloods, I'd be interested in buying it off you. I just checked the internet, and it's not there.

Also, I'd buy that copy of second ed off you, but I don't imaging you're willing to sell...

oh btw they basicly THREW OUT gems of perpetual wellness.
Must have FINALLY realized how twinkish those are.
No, I think they realized how twinkish PLAYERS are. There was only ever ONE Gem of Incomparable Wellness, not multiple ones, and it's canonically the property of Fakharu, a Celestial Censor.

Anyone running around with GemS of Incomparable Wellness should be slapped.

-S

Personally I never had a big problem with it. In the end, avoiding death isn't the big issue in Exalted: Death is the least of a solar's worries against opponents like Deathlords and Yozis, and a dead character doesn't present nearly as many story opportunities as a captured character.

The gem prevents you dying, but you can still be beaten into submission and tied up. And if they wanted you dead, they could then separate you from the gem for a while and cut your throat.

Whether or not there is supposed to be only one, I wouldn't have such a big problem letting a player buy one. But I would certainly ask a lot of questions, and I'd probably impose restrictions or modifications: one lethal/bashing every three rounds, or even every minute, taking away the combat potential.

My first character in an exalted game had one; he was a camp diplomat. It didn't affect the game detrimentally.

In fact, it's anecdote time:

Our ST liked to throw gothic nasties at us, and when we "salvaged" some artifact armour from some Dragon-bloods led by an abyssal that we had defeated (The abyssal had excaped by making a shadowlands and running off), it turned out to be cursed.

I tried on and attuned to a suit of armour, and found a small band of soulsteel had appeared around my neck. The same occured to another player (Who was absent) when he was struck by the abyssal in question.

The bands are clearly a bad thing, and I figured it was a means of control/subjugation.

To get mine off, I actually had my head cut off by another player (I had the gem).

Far more interesting though, the other guy had his removed by having another character flawless pickpocketing technique him. The ST wanted someone to have the item, so he declared that it then appeared around his neck, but he had the freedom stone, so it dropped to the ground instead.

Another victory for the players!

lowguppy said:
I'm still curious to see if they've got full color skunk people though.
Heh. They actually do. There is a picture of a bunch of wyld barbarians and one of them could be half skunk. She is naked, of course. WW are being extremely graphic in 2nd ed. Not that Im complaining :)

Wait, is she the same one who was in Lunars? The one with the loose underwear and the nipple rings?

Oh, god... please don't tell me that godawful artist who made the demon illustrations has had his paws all over the 2nd. ed. book...

... goddammit!

Hey, I don't mind the sex and bondage... the problem is his drawings were plain *bad*.

And too uniform in style. And what's with the baby-heads?!

I dunno' date=' that too creeped me out. *shudder* Spikes and nipple rings *cringe*[/quote']
Yeah I feel kinda like you there. The pictures really did not set an exalted tone...

Safim said:
I dunno' date=' that too creeped me out. *shudder* Spikes and nipple rings *cringe*[/quote']
Yeah I feel kinda like you there. The pictures really did not set an exalted tone...
For some people, it's as much Exalted as a lot of other inspirations.  Some people run Moorcock/Dunsany-inspired games where the gods are cruel and spiteful, and where such things are expected.  Other people run Naruto.

It's a big setting.  Don't hog it to yourself :)

LoL, nothing really, it was just kinda annoying to see it on almost ALL the humanoid demons. I mean with Ligier, it was...I dunno, a bit off from how I percieved him.

memesis said:
Safim said:
For some people, it's as much Exalted as a lot of other inspirations.  Some people run Moorcock/Dunsany-inspired games where the gods are cruel and spiteful, and where such things are expected.  Other people run Naruto.

It's a big setting.  Don't hog it to yourself :)
It's mine, all mine! *manical laughter*

Jukashi said:
Wait, is she the same one who was in Lunars? The one with the loose underwear and the nipple rings?
Hmm. No nipple piercings, but her underwear is rather loose, bordering the non-existant. And she does have the baby face. And there is a beautiful shark girl with rather nice titties. Not pierced either, though. I don't really see what you have against nipple piercings. I think they are kinda sexy :)

They may be, in moderation.
 In excess, however...
I agree. Anything more than six rings per nipple is pushing it a bit too far.

-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back