EXALTED IN SPACE

orionstark1482

ok i know. this idea has been debated and pontificated many times. but for fun. lets do it agian. what would you do if you wanted to give exalted a space opera feel? the realm stretching across the Galaxy? dragon kings and mountain folk are aliens? the rest is more or less the same. though i imagine that the weapons would be cooler.

or maybe the Realm or a solar finds an artifact that is the equivelent of a stargate? and some exalts deside to explore? i think one of the deathlords has a device like that.

maybe the Autocthonians build something on the lines of a voidship. a vehicle that will allow them to naveigate through elsewhere and the Wyld and travel around this Aristotilian universal setup. could be cool.

thought idea. the Autocthonian people find a way to travel the void to other worlds but for some reason the engine design requires a human exalt and the alchemicals can't run it but the other five types can. so they recruit solar, lunar, abyssal and Dragon blooded pilots to explore elsewhere for trade and resources. in exchange the creation born get autocthonian tech.

One idea I had kicked around was the possibility of regions of stability other than The Creation that are contained within the Wyld.

So, if you created some sort of vessel that could withstand the Deep Wyld (charms actually make this pretty easy), and found someway to navgate (This is the hard part) you could sail out of creation, across the infinate and formless wyld, and into... something else. Some other Creation is the most obvious idea.

So, instead of planets in space you have pockets of stability in the Wyld.

So...

GOE PLAYERS KEEP OUT

I'm working on the sequel to my current campaign, codenamed "Xenoxalted".

With the death of Autochthon during the final battle to protect the souls of Creation, the Wyld itself is "reformatted".  While still infinite, a smaller infinity has become suddenly solidified and given shape.  The dreams of the Fair Folk have become the worlds of outer space.

The Exalted of Earth are scattered, their sparks lost among the stars.  The Incarnated Intellects of the sun, moon, and stars lie dormant, waiting to be reawakened by fresh infusions of Essence.

Earth has gone through a turbulent era which puts all others to shame, but mankind will prevail.  Boldly sailing into the deep black in search of the rumored 'sparks of Exaltation', those heroes who discover them in their exotic resting places will truly have proven their worthiness to wield them.

orionstark1482 said:
the realm stretching across the Galaxy?
This is the way I like it and the alternate setting I'm working on is this one.  Have you ever seen the animated movie Treasure Planet?  They have giant sailing ships where the saild are really solar panels that take energy from sunlight to power big-ass space engines.  Space between planets is moveable, but ships also use energy to power gravity devices.

I think that would make an awesome Exalted setting so I've been tinkering with it for a little while.  Creation is a span of planets and space instead of just an island and ring of land.  The elemental poles are still arrangeed geometrically around a central pole (really central area), now arranged like the points of a four sided die.

Toward the Fire Pole planets and asteroids are more fiery, toward the Wood Pole covered in wildlife, etc...  With the Wyld still surrounding in all directions out from that.  Once you have the descriptions of the setting, with some new technology to go with it, it can work perfectly with the exalted story as is.

orionstark1482 said:
that idea works. but what about
Elsewhere
Elsewhere is Elsewhere!  It is between the air and the clouds, it is between Fish and Water, and Between me and my pants.  Well, that last part wasn't a good way to put it :P

But Elsewhere!  It's everywhere you can't put a sentient being.  It's very name means to me that even the Writers didn't have a good idea where Elsewhere is.  

But I really like the Pockets of Creation idea..  Fruan rocks!

-g3

Something came to mind when Orion mentioned 'voidship.'

What if, instead of representing death and the like, the Void was simply vacuum?

Toss out all associations with death; the (renamed) Dreadlords are simply lieutenants of a powerful alien force that dwells in the starless depths. Mortals and Exalts alike can be forcibly converted into beings that can survive in the Void--and actually prefer it there.

And for more space send-up fun, portraying Alchemicals as Borg ripoffs...

:shock: Drooling mightily.

Void engineers get a whole new meaning with the 'Voidships'.

Combo the galactic Exalted setup with other planets, each with their own Exalts, each with a different plan for their society.

Different suns, different Solars.

Multiple moons?  Multiple types of Lunars (Black Moon Lunars (pseudo-Night caste), Red Lunars (even more violent warriors), etc).

Different Siddie methods.

And possibly, more respectful DBs.

Maybe the Lunars were the ones who went off the deep end this time... :roll:

What if other planets were populated in the material and spiritual realms, with gates between them.

void ship is something we called a multiple reality ship in WOD.

i always thought of exalted as one reality in the multiverse as the OWOD was structured.

to comment on a post earlier. doesn't it say that Autocthon is in Elsewhere?

the thing about space games i always have trouble with is the celestial hierarchy on that scale. and where do fair folk come from? the rest is somewhat easy.

Well you can do several things with Fae in that setting:

1) They simply don't exist.

2) Perhaps something from another dimension, look to RIFTS, they've got all kinds of this shit.

3) Perhaps a literal Wyld planet, mercurial, always shifting like it's populace.

Well you can do several things with Fae in that setting:
1) They simply don't exist.

2) Perhaps something from another dimension, look to RIFTS, they've got all kinds of this shit.

3) Perhaps a literal Wyld planet, mercurial, always shifting like it's populace.
i like 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back