And the winners are the Dragon...

• Blooded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jukashi

Four Thousand Club
Two races who wield the essence of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Wood. Two races greater than mortal, both numbering in the thousands.

One holds the Blessed Isle, and rules an ancient civilisation threatened with destruction. One keeps spirits in their place, and holds eternal antagonism towards the Solar Exalted.

One was scattered across the edges of Creation, remnants of an ancient civilisation. One welcomes spirits into their society, even allowing them to inhabit their bodies, and holds eternal allegience to the Solar Exalted.

In one possible future, the Dragon Kings have clawed their way back from savagery. Thousands of Dragon Kings have been awakened, led by ancient sleepers with the knowledge of the First Age. They have been rebuilding for 20 years. Now they've set their sights on those who struck down their betters, whose foolish actions ended the First Age and contributed to their own ancient fall.

The Dragon Blooded are not unaware of the return of the Dragon Kings. The powerful reptiles threaten their dominion over Creation. They must be cast back into savagery, to protect the Realm and tear down their support of the Solar Anathema.

Dragon Kings vs. Dragon Blooded, their armies clash in the River Province. Mammal vs. Reptile. Books vs. Memories. Old relics of Jade and steel vs. New artifacts of crystal and plants. Charms vs. Paths.

Round 1. Fight!!

I cast my vote for the dragonblooded. Hell they are only the bronze choice but still better than lizard.

Unless the DKs get to call in their Solar homies, or are VERY stealthy and nasty, the DBs take the war.

Just from sheer numbers, organization, and infrastructure.  It takes a long time to get a DK back from their quasi-death state, it takes less time to find and recruit DBs.

If the DKs are smart, they'll strike in secret, smashing lines of communication, isolating outlying communities, and then striking deep within the Realm with their flyers and speedy bastiches, relying on their tech and supply of First Age goodies, to give them mobility, to hit the DBs where they ain't looking, raiding and undermining their lines of support, but once the DBs mass a force, the DKs had best have some allies on that field, or the DBs and their Mortal followers will just roll on like a big wheel.  

20 years isn't enough for the DKs to get themselves geared up for such a conflict.  Maybe a hundred years, or more, and they'd have enough in numbers, and enough sheer power for some slightly elder DKs, but even that's iffy.  If they found a bunch of suspended DKs someplace, that might change the equation a bit more--more elders to teach their younger, savage brethren how to step proper to the US, but even that's not going to make up for the massive numbers that the DBs will field.

Of course, if the DKs are smart, they'll use that massing instinct with the DBs and strike using First Age goodies, tailored diseases, massive storms and WMD style attacks on massed lines of battle, and then fade when invited to take the field.  If the DKs draw the Realm's Own out, and into their territory, they've got a good chance at bloodying the DBs noses, but if the DBs retreat back to the Realm, and strengthen their borders, the DKs will be forced to do in heavy, and that isn't something they'd be ready for in only 20 years.

Arr. Now that I think on it, 20 years probably isn't enough. That's enough time for puny mortals, not these guys. Should I change it to a century, then? The point of the match is to see who wins in a fair fight, after all, and the playing field's not level unless the DKs have the chance to build up some decent power.

Unfortunately 1000 dragonkings wouldn't even be a match for 10000 dragonblooded. They are supposed to be weaker than the dragonblooded on one to one combat, they are outnumbered by 1 to 10, and the dragonblooded have many first age artifacts; it just isn't fair. The dragonblooded would own them.

I wish it was the other way around(i like dragonkings) but cannonwise it is not.

Maybe if you compared dragon kings at the height of their power when their souls weren't destroyed by the primordials and they were by far more numerous it would be more interesting.

It would be no contest at the height of their power. Several MILLION DKs vs the DBs and them alone...no contest. DKs had and could make shinier toys to play with and were better equipped. This is assuming the 100,000 DBs in the First Age idea is fact.

MILLIONS? Yeah if they were that many sure they could take out the dragonblooded. Though I did not compare them to the dragonblooded of the first age, who would certaily have better toys just due to the insanity of the artifacts the solars allowed them to use and the ones they had already created themselves.

Also where does it say that there were millions of DKs before the first age and where does it say that there were 100.000 DB in the first age?

Actually I can't even see the dragonkings beating the dragonblooded when those only have access to shogunate era technology or modern technology.

Honestly a warstrider fang or some dragonblooded in five immaculate dragon armour are all it takes to kill a lot of dragonkings. and then, the dragonblooded are teamplayers, really good at it while the dragonkings have nothing comparable. I can see a sworn brotherhood plowing through dozens of dragonkings just cause they enhance each other really well and work together.

And last but not least... the dragonblooded got the mortals on their side when the dragonkings invade creation en masse.

Mortals aren't exactly going to line up and raise their hands and ask,

Could I take servitude and sacrifice to the Unconquered Sun for the win, Alex?

A better question would be, how bad ass are the Solars going to be, adding the Dragon Kings to their own armies, after they get a chance to reestablish their society properly, and pay obesience to the New Skool style of NOT sacrificing Mortals to the US at the drop of a hat?  

DKs will be great shock troops and support for a Solar push back into the Realm to topple them, with Lunar, Dragon Blooded, Spirit, Mortal, and Beastmen allies rolling with them.  As a support staff, the DKs are a fantastic addition.  All by their lonesome?  Not so much.  Just numbers and pure survival instinct for the Mortal population stands against them too heavily.

Sorrow said:
MILLIONS? Yeah if they were that many sure they could take out the dragonblooded. Though I did not compare them to the dragonblooded of the first age, who would certaily have better toys just due to the insanity of the artifacts the solars allowed them to use and the ones they had already created themselves.
Also where does it say that there were millions of DKs before the first age and where does it say that there were 100.000 DB in the first age?
 Both Ruins and the PG state that millions of DKs were permanently killed by the Primordials during the Primordial War.

As for the artifacts...we've never seen what a N/A artifact based on crystal and vegetative technology is like. Or, even more conventionally, crystal or ironwood 'Striders.

I still think that DBs have an edge, 'cause they have a higher cap, so to speak (Essence 7), and access to more versatile powers. The DKs, unless they have numbers, or are more technologically savvy than most give them credit for, can't match the DBs one-on-one in a straight fight.

Sorrow said:
First, I said 100,000 IDEA. My idea is it's closer to 60,000, there's no concrete number. So why care? Now, for the DKs, read either Ruins of Rathess and the Player's Guide. It talks about how the Primordials shattered millions, I repeat millions of their souls. They ruled Creation man, before even the Primordials burned a good third of it when they were locked away.

Of course they had millions. They were on top and ruled over all except the Blessed Isle. And it says, Millions of their souls were shattered. That's how they went into decline. They went to war alongside the Solars and got thoroughly raped for it.

Sorrow said:
 Both Ruins and the PG state that millions of DKs were permanently killed by the Primordials during the Primordial War.

As for the artifacts...we've never seen what a N/A artifact based on crystal and vegetative technology is like. Or, even more conventionally, crystal or ironwood 'Striders.

I still think that DBs have an edge, 'cause they have a higher cap, so to speak (Essence 7), and access to more versatile powers. The DKs, unless they have numbers, or are more technologically savvy than most give them credit for, can't match the DBs one-on-one in a straight fight.
Sorry, SiD didn't see your post in time. I'd agree for the straight up thing, but I imagine it will never be that way. Seriously, one on one, Solars scoffed at Terrestrials, and yet who won in the end =/

Thing is, had it been a purely DB-based revolt (assume for now that the Siddies sat out the dispute), I'm not so sure the DBs could have pulled it off.

First off, the ambush at the banquet--does anyone doubt that w/o the Siddies bringing the Cantata (or variant thereof), the DBs would have had trouble taking down 100+ Solars? Got a large number of them, certainly, but I don't see most of the ambushers walking away.

Without the Siddies, the Solars would not have been isolated as they were, with a foe at every turn. How many fewer Lunars would have opted for exile? It would have been bloody, and the Shogunate may have even come into being, but who knows how things would have ended up...

There's alos the wondering of how many DBs would have even fought without the Sidereals whispering in their ears, coordinating the whole thing for them.  

And the occasional Sidereal posing as a servant or two to goad them on further.

Gee, Master.  Our Lord seems to rely on your talents a great deal.  One wonders how much he even do without your martial pussiance at his every command...

...sure seems unfair that our Lord goes the Deliberative Chambers, and leaves you with all the work.  No disrespect inteded, but could he even run it as well as you could, alone?

It's a good thing that our Master has you at his side during those banquets.  Our Lords get so distracted that almost anyone could take a blade to their backs when they get into their cups...

Egh, Siddie's were the Usurpation, I don't care how badass anyone thinks the DBs are. Without them, NOTHING would have been accomplished. Sure, a few Solars go to their new forms, and some cities get wrecked...nothing big. The Solars would have slaughtered them to a man.

The Siddie's did all the real work, cutting ties, isolating them, cutting off their supply base and what not. Fate is a bitch when it works against you. The DBs would have rebelled anyway, in one form or another, same results of the Solars slapping them down.

A few DBs would have rebelled anyway, in one form or another, same results of the Solars slapping them down.

Fixed that for you.

this really really depends on three factors.

if the DKs number in the 10s or 100s of thousands and if they have the time to build some good toys or not.

if any solars join in even a circle

and if the 7th legion takes a stand

and how many legions they send

remember that 5 solars led an army of icewalkers and Haltans to victory over the Tepet legion. this is a war remember.

but two or three legions of imperial legions against 10,000 DKs and 5 solars and the 7th legion stands aside. no contest. go lizards.

Let's not over complicate it now, brass tacks, just the several thousand DKs vs the DB Host. Second Age numbers and weapons available, assuming the DKs are awakened otherwise it's pointless. Though my numbers are usually higher >.>

Let's not over complicate it now' date=' brass tacks, just the several thousand DKs vs the DB Host. Second Age numbers and weapons available, assuming the DKs are awakened otherwise it's pointless. Though my numbers are usually higher >.>[/quote']
i definatly think that a handful of solars would make all the difference. DK know how with their weapons in the hands of solars is scary and that they all serve a mutual patron. the DKs do not have the resources to fight the war manses but they certainly have the ability to build a new Rathess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back