Exalted DeathMatch III

Who'd emerge as the winner?

• All of the Abyssals, working together.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Alchemicals with Dissonance, working together.

• Neither; the Deathlords and Malfeans treasure their toys too much to let that happen.

• Total voters
To be fair, there aren't many Dissonance-driven Alchies.

Although the Abyssals..

They're not good team players. They're one-on-one, so I don't see their charms (Which are largely antagonistic) being helpful in a big punch-up with many combatants..

The alchies are dangerous for sure but they are not exactly on the same powerlevel as abyssals, the alchies barely scratch celestial power apart from godmachine protocols. They got no means what so ever to counter void circle necromancy and abyssals got access to perfect effects... and their armies grow, no matter what happens on the battlefield.

The ever-marching hordes of the Abyssals minions! ( Since there is no option to root for the Dragon Blooded, Ill go with them! ) and the Abyssals themselves of course.

Most of the Alchemical protocols that fuck with automata fuck with zombies too though. And they the protocol that reflects all but Void circle and Solar circle magic, and you never know what tricks they can build into armor.

And never forget:

Seige Cities

Seige Titties

Abyssals, they are the dogs of war. united nothing save the might of the realm combined with the united solars, could stop them. they are dang scary.

>.> As much as I love the Alchies, Jesus H, I'd have to throw in with the Abyssals, seeing as they have the martial capability, the Solar +1 shards in them and the abilities of necromancy. I believe we can look forward to a mad, mad slugfest.

No shit, Mouth of the Void >.O pain for the Autobots. The bitch is they will feel what it's like to fight their own after they rise from the dead once more.

look at it this way. their are 100 death knights and none are older then 5 years old

their are 1000 alchemicals that can be as old as 5000 years

the Alchemicals have superior arsenals.

>.> You read Book of Bone and Ebony, besides it doesn't matter about what the Abyssals have, it's about the Deathlords holding their chains and giving them toys to play with.

orionstark1482 said:
look at it this way. their are 100 death knights and none are older then 5 years old

The arsenal is not neccessarily something of age. The alchemicals do not have access to third circle sorcery of any kind, which means they will ultimately loose. And the alchemical arsenal... the death grow stronger with every battle.

Safim said:
orionstark1482 said:

The arsenal is not neccessarily something of age. The alchemicals do not have access to third circle sorcery of any kind, which means they will ultimately loose. And the alchemical arsenal... the death grow stronger with every battle.
simply answer this question. can one death knight kill 10 lunars\siderials\alchemicals with an aresenal of Autocthonian artifacts? i know Abysalls are cool. and on a one on one the Abyssal would probably win. but their just are so few of them.

Well, look at quality, not all Alchies will be outfitted for the right situation most times. And those Abyssals are sneaky bastards.

Well' date=' look at quality, not all Alchies will be outfitted for the right situation most times. And those Abyssals are sneaky bastards.[/quote']
true but if this is a proper match won't they be armed and ready for war? so if both Alchies and Abyssals are prepped for battle without the element of suprise then each abyssal should be ready to take on 10 battle hardened Alchemicals some of whom could be as old as 4000 years.

orionstark1482 said:
Safim said:
orionstark1482 said:

simply answer this question. can one death knight kill 10 lunars\siderials\alchemicals with an aresenal of Autocthonian artifacts? i know Abysalls are cool. and on a one on one the Abyssal would probably win. but their just are so few of them.
What does number mean? Just look at the solar circle spells and now keep in mind that necromancy is more potent at killing stuff. Numbers mean nothing in situations like that. you either can defend yourself against higher circle sorery or you are toast. artifacts... pfffft do you think the twilight caste was that feared cause they could create grand daiklaives or because the total sphere of annihiliation? :P

and you think that there are enough void circle necromancers to destroy that many alchemicals. or that they have no defences or dodge. in my expierence casting a spell will drain you of your essence and leave you open to attack.

Um, not really. Good Abyssals have a shitload of essence and have loaded up on Essence Engorgement Technique. So an extra 10-50 motes will do you. Besides, no moron will go into a fight without defences up. Persistent ones at that.

orionstark1482 said:
and you think that there are enough void circle necromancers to destroy that many alchemicals. or that they have no defences or dodge. in my expierence casting a spell will drain you of your essence and leave you open to attack.
1. After a deathknight dropped something like total sphere of annihilation into the alchemical army he does not need any defences. he just has to laugh manically while the autobots scatter and die. and before that a persistent effect will do.

2. dodging a third circle spell usually needs a perfect effect. not very likely with alchemicals

3. there is more than enough deathlords who want third circle sorcerers as pawns and therefore there will be quite a few of them around, cause deathlords get what they want.

There isn't a simple answer to the question, because the answer depends on many parameters.

How many alchemicals with dissonance are there?

Will the battle be an arena-like battle were all the Abyssals and all the Alchemicals fight each other, having some fixed dots in artifacts and in familiars? Wll the alchemicals have the time to choose the charms they will use for this  arena-battle?

Or will it be more like a war where the Abysslas will be able to use the arsenal and the armies of the deathlords and the Alchemicals will be able to use the armies and the arsenals of autocthonia?

If it is the last will the war take place in creation, in the underworld or in autochtonia?

All in all i believe the autochthonians have to major advantages experience and numbers(I suppose). Ofcourse the Abyssals are vastly superior exalts but how many know void circle necrmomancy 5-10 years after the empress disappearance? If the alchemicals are on average 500 years old each they will trump the abyssals. Ofcourse if the abyssals have the same amount of xp as the alchemicals they will undeniably win.

Total Annihilation is not a Necromancy spell. The closest thing to it abysslas have is Mouth of the Void which is powerful but doesn't have the range of Total annihilation.

Not only is TA the kind of thing that would fall easily within necromancy's purview, it would most likely be either more destructive, or cheaper to cast, or both.

-S

I assume that the comparison between alchemicals and abyssals is based on the charms published not on what charms Abyssals could have or what somebody thinks they should have. If everybody starts making up custom charms for alchemicals and abyssals that comparison can't be made.

As it stands the only thing near Total annihilation power-wise is Mouth of the Void which is weaker and has a shorter range than TA.

Sorrow said:
There isn't a simple answer to the question, because the answer depends on many parameters.
How many alchemicals with dissonance are there?

Will the battle be an arena-like battle were all the Abyssals and all the Alchemicals fight each other, having some fixed dots in artifacts and in familiars? Wll the alchemicals have the time to choose the charms they will use for this  arena-battle?

Or will it be more like a war where the Abysslas will be able to use the arsenal and the armies of the deathlords and the Alchemicals will be able to use the armies and the arsenals of autocthonia?

If it is the last will the war take place in creation, in the underworld or in autochtonia?

All in all i believe the autochthonians have to major advantages experience and numbers(I suppose). Ofcourse the Abyssals are vastly superior exalts but how many know void circle necrmomancy 5-10 years after the empress disappearance? If the alchemicals are on average 500 years old each they will trump the abyssals. Ofcourse if the abyssals have the same amount of xp as the alchemicals they will undeniably win.
could not have said it better myself. the fact of the matter is that all the Abyssals are newly exalted while the Alchemicals are powerful elder exalts. the Alchemicals have access to the most powerful artifacts in large quantities and the Abyssals though well armed and individually more powerful then any alchemical of the same age can't take down 10 alchemcials with more experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back