News Exalted 3 (Dice/Wiki/Action :D!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, all, I am so glad that all of you have finally gotten to feast your eyes on the beast that is EX3!

So, how many people are already planning games?

Mei said:
So, how many people are already planning games?
Already got one in the works.

I know some that have already appeared on the site and several more people who making sevral of them. E3 will slowly appear in the dice section regularly like anything (maybe a bit more then others) if players end up liking it.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Already got one in the works.
I know some that have already appeared on the site and several more people who making sevral of them. E3 will slowly appear in the dice section regularly like anything (maybe a bit more then others) if players end up liking it.

[/QUOTE]
DIBS ON PLAYING IN YOURS. SUPER ULTIMATE DIBS.

I may be interested in running something based on Aetherium, which I posted here almost two years ago. (It's in the Heaven's Reach "Shard" - an official alternate universe using mostly the same rules and themes. The biggest difference between the core setting and Heaven's Reach is that humanity created the Exaltations as part of spreading out across the universe in standard space opera. Rather than being ultimately in charge of everything, the "gods" - from tiny elementals all the way up to sentient stars - are spirit-programs originally created to serve humanity, along with the Grand Celestial Mountain - a pocket universe cyberspace, which most manses can make a portal to. At one point the "Yozi" star-computers rebelled against the Empire (which is openly ruled by the Lunars), eventually being chased away after inflicting much damage; this was long ago but humanity is still recovering, partly because some star-computers damaged in the war - the Tomb-Stars, organized around Terminus - still send their Death Avatars to try to kill everyone. The raksha are the Screaming Hordes that live in the unreality that line the canals - essentially wormholes - that ships use to travel between the stars; a ship's anima field can keep them at bay so long as it's working.)

However, this would be a Dragon-Blooded campaign, and as such will need to wait for that book to be released. Fortunately, that seems to be one of the first ones planned after the core is finalized.

Also, this would be a chat campaign run on IRC or Skype with weekly sessions, so I'm not sure how many players I would get from here. (If you're going to reply just to flame or criticize chat campaigns, don't. That's part of what drove me away from this site for a while. Further, when I run play by post it collapses within a month of first post, while when I run by chat it does not fizzle that quickly, and I have no interest in trying to fix that as opposed to just running a format that I know works.)

[QUOTE="Winged Cat]I may be interested in running something based on Aetherium

[/QUOTE]
Color me interested. And I don't get the hate for chat games either, assuming game times can be lined up across time zones, I find them far superior to pbp.

Esbilon said:
Color me interested.
Alright. I'll try to remember to put a more formal interest post here once the DB book drops, assuming it (and further analysis of Ex3 core) doesn't present insurmountable problems.

BTW, I notice the old Resources are locked; is that just because the thread's over a year old? Is there a more appropriate place I could ask that thread to be moved to, which would allow editing as I think of further things building up towards game, or to add further notes to after the campaign starts? Or would a better approach be to set up a campaign wiki and link to it from the interest post, copy Aetherium to the wiki and expand on it there, and that would be the extent of interaction with RpN?

Esbilon said:
And I don't get the hate for chat games either
I think it's because it's what people are used to, and it works for them (inconsistent schedules, for instance), so they fear a chat game is excluding them from playing. (It is, but not in the sense they take it: I need inspiration in order to run a game, so "chat or nothing" is not a personal value judgment against PBPers, but just a statement of what resources are available. Flaming me sufficiently may wreck my inspiration and cause the game to simply not be run, chat or PBP, but it doesn't get me to run PBP.)

I'm not very exhalted wit this news.

*drums*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back