Chitchat Ever reunited a dog with its owner?

Call Me Lucifer

King Fudanshi
So I was out with my mom (yes, I'm a mommas boy and I ain't got no friends but I love my momma so I don't even care), she works at a group home, she gets a call saying two sweet pit bulls walked into the house and they weren't leaving.

No tags, collars, but no tags.

One looked like a mixed breed pit, she was a big red and white beauty, the other was the cutest, shortest little basset lookin pit, brindle with vanilla coloring. We walked them up and down, following the bigger of the two, I called her Honey Bear, my mom had the other, I called him Zeus, where did we get leashes, you ask? Well, that's the thing, we never got leashes, they had belts attached to their collars.

Honey lead me up to the back yard of some guy's house, he didn't own them. Three more people, nothing, though each of them had dogs.

We put a post up on FB, her friend shared the post. Nothing.

We decided we'd take em in to see if they had chips, and the first one, Zeus, had none. Fortunately, Honey did. We chatted with an old man about the dog he'd had that he'd found out wandering, it was a sad story, ended with a tumor and tears... the dogs were a hit in the vet.

The veteranarian came up and gave us the information, Honey was actually Cinnamon, and the rest of the info was two numbers for a man and a woman. This lead nowhere after numerous calls.

We took them back up, I decided Zeus was more of a Barney... and I was heartbroken. I pet them and ran around with them... my mom got a text, and a message on FB.

We'd found them.

She called the woman on facebook, she had been crying all day, she was pregnant and the dogs had just vanished. Her husband was coming.

He rushed up the steep hill, flew out of the car and ran inside. The dogs were so damn excited.

Apparently, this was the second time they'd gotten out that day. They had 6 dogs and one other one had broken it's jaw, he said they were in a frenzy and panicking.

Their real names were Shorty and Maui. And damn, was everyone happy, laughing and chatting. They were so, so happy.

We got into the car to leave and my mom reciebed another text from that mysterious number. Maui was once this woman's dog, but she now lived with her EX, HER EX! I had a good laugh about that.

I went home, and I couldn't have been happier to see my sweet girl, wagging her tail and licking my face.

It was a long, stressful day, but damn, was it rewarding.

Have you ever reunited an animal with their owners?

(It's my third time doing this, two small dogs, a cat, and now these two sweethearts, it feels good.)

I would love to chat about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back