• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

=- Ever On the Run -= (closed! =D)

Sligchik

Unlucky Member
The glade was unusually warm for a spring morning. The golden sunlight filtered through the woven canopy, casting golden shapes upon the forest floor. Birds trilled happily their songs of coming summer and small animals foraged in the undergrowth. It was a glorious morning.

Too bad Picks took no notice.

The Saimiri flew through the towering oak, alder, ash and willow trees with deftness only one of his species could manage. Hand-like feet propelled him through the foliage along with a long, prehensile tail, tipped in black. Most of the monkey-like humanoid was covered in a golden pelt which melted to crème on its chest and underarms and even its face. But on the top of the creature’s head sat a shock of black fur which stood out upon the otherwise lightly-colored creature’s body. He wore only a loose pair of shorts with a brown leather belt on which hung several small pouches filled with who-knew-what. Though they were slightly dirty they were in good condition – but his attention was on more important things at the moment.

Slowing to a stop, the lithe creature (whom stood no taller than 4’5”), surveyed his surroundings in one, swift motion and then settled down to sit on a low-hanging branch of a stately walnut tree. There he procured a small leather bag from a hidden pocket in his shorts and dumped its contents into his calloused hand.

There spilled out a small explosion of color – gems of literally every shade of the rainbow glittered in the Saimiri’s palm, filling his eyes with wonder and excitement. Slipping the precious stones back into their container, he chuckled to himself, tossed the bag in the air and caught it smugly. “This’ll do nicely. Great job if I don’t say so myself. Those travelers probably haven’t even noticed it’s gone! Ha!” Again Picks, the monkey-like humanoid which most knew as a Saimiri, tossed the small bag of gemstones into the air, expecting to catch it in an arrogant fashion just like before.

But his luck was about to change…

(Tag, anyone! =D

Feel free to heckle my monkey-thief in any way y’like. ;3

Standard fantasy setting, anything goes; but no over-powered characters, please! ^^)

Sligchik said:
The glade was unusually warm for a spring morning. The golden sunlight filtered through the woven canopy, casting golden shapes upon the forest floor. Birds trilled happily their songs of coming summer and small animals foraged in the undergrowth. It was a glorious morning.
Too bad Picks took no notice.

The Saimiri flew through the towering oak, alder, ash and willow trees with deftness only one of his species could manage. Hand-like feet propelled him through the foliage along with a long, prehensile tail, tipped in black. Most of the monkey-like humanoid was covered in a golden pelt which melted to crème on its chest and underarms and even its face. But on the top of the creature’s head sat a shock of black fur which stood out upon the otherwise lightly-colored creature’s body. He wore only a loose pair of shorts with a brown leather belt on which hung several small pouches filled with who-knew-what. Though they were slightly dirty they were in good condition – but his attention was on more important things at the moment.

Slowing to a stop, the lithe creature (whom stood no taller than 4’5”), surveyed his surroundings in one, swift motion and then settled down to sit on a low-hanging branch of a stately walnut tree. There he procured a small leather bag from a hidden pocket in his shorts and dumped its contents into his calloused hand.

There spilled out a small explosion of color – gems of literally every shade of the rainbow glittered in the Saimiri’s palm, filling his eyes with wonder and excitement. Slipping the precious stones back into their container, he chuckled to himself, tossed the bag in the air and caught it smugly. “This’ll do nicely. Great job if I don’t say so myself. Those travelers probably haven’t even noticed it’s gone! Ha!” Again Picks, the monkey-like humanoid which most knew as a Saimiri, tossed the small bag of gemstones into the air, expecting to catch it in an arrogant fashion just like before.

But his luck was about to change…

(Tag, anyone! =D

Feel free to heckle my monkey-thief in any way y’like. ;3

Standard fantasy setting, anything goes; but no over-powered characters, please! ^^)
One eye a whitish-silver and the other a deep blue, lightened slightly by the rays of sunshine falling upon her face as she slowly opened her eyes. She yawned, rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes and sitting up, taking care not to fall from the branch she rested on. She fixed the ribbon in her white and royal blue hair, trying to make herself look as nice as possible. Contrary to popular opinion, sleeping out in the woods wasn't a sign of being carefree, in terms of spirit or appearance or anything else. She was a gentle-looking girl, always making sure her hair was perfect and her clothes were nice. She went as far as to wear rather girly outfits—ruffly white dresses, white stockings, and blue shoes.

Her name was Iokai, which was a name she had been told was from an ancient and long-useless language. She had no clue what it meant, though, and she was never actually told. That got on her nerves that others were keeping a secret because she knew at least a few people understood it (she was laughed at by some, especially elders, upon introducing herself, so of course they knew), but either way, she didn't care what her name was. She didn't need a name to help others or bring about justice.

She just needed to know herself, to know her abilities, to know her own faith in what she knew very clearly to be right.

And stealing wasn't right. Iokai thought that might have been the reason for her awakening, hearing someone speak as if they'd just robbed someone and perhaps silently murdered a passenger.

Then she looked down, seeing an unfamiliar person below the tree she was sitting in, throwing a bag of whatever he had stolen into the air. She caught it easily—her appearance may have been one of a helpless child, but she knew how to defend what she viewed as justice. She nearly slipped, but just barely regained her balance. She glared down at the stranger on the lower branch as she clutched what he stole against her chest.

"Bad! Stealing bad! Crimes bad! Not your money, bad, bad, bad! No steal! Where steal from? I return—I return fast and not have to know they robbed. Not worry about rob again. Where go?" The words spilled from her mouth quickly and aggressively. No, she wasn't good at speaking, but she knew enough to talk to others at least.

((I hope you don't mind me replying here... ^^; ))

LittleKouhai said:
..."Bad! Stealing bad! Crimes bad! Not your money, bad, bad, bad! No steal! Where steal from? I return—I return fast and not have to know they robbed. Not worry about rob again. Where go?" The words spilled from her mouth quickly and aggressively. No, she wasn't good at speaking, but she knew enough to talk to others at least.
((I hope you don't mind me replying here... ^^; ))
The Saimiri knew something was wrong the moment the leather pouch did not return to his waiting hand. Accusingly he snapped his head to glare upwards and instantly became irate at the form of a little girl whom – for all intents and purposes – seemed to be scolding him! He danced with rage on the lower branch, balling a fist to shake at the tiny terror. “You! Stop right there you little brat! That’s mine! Don’t make me take it from you! Where in dragonfire is your mother, eh? Drop that this instant!” Picks wasn’t used to having to deal with children… Disgusting little creatures, always dirty and mouthing off. Most of them deserved a good smack, in his opinion.

He could only hope little trouble would ensue due to her interruption…

“C’mon now,” he shifted his demeanor from angry to soothing; but ultimately just manipulative despite how his tone became far gentler. “I bet you’re cold and hungry, right? Well if you give me my pouch back I can buy us both a spot of breakfast in the next village – whaddya’ say?” The monkey-looking individual gave a gap-toothed grin which showed off the sharp nature of his curling canines. “I could even buy you a new dress.” Or a hundred more, but what does this brat know about the value of gems? He thought to himself. “C’mon, little bit, they belong to me, return them to me.”

He might have been flat out lying – about all of it – but he knew it was his only chance. The more he looked at the girl the more he felt an odd, electric sensation travel up his spine. Bad vibes…major bad vibes; but there was nothing Picks could immediately do except try and appeal to the child’s selfish wants in the hopes she’d return the small pouch.

He really didn’t want to have to take it by force…

(No problem at all! ^^

Glad somebody joined me. =D)

Sligchik said:
The Saimiri knew something was wrong the moment the leather pouch did not return to his waiting hand. Accusingly he snapped his head to glare upwards and instantly became irate at the form of a little girl whom – for all intents and purposes – seemed to be scolding him! He danced with rage on the lower branch, balling a fist to shake at the tiny terror. “You! Stop right there you little brat! That’s mine! Don’t make me take it from you! Where in dragonfire is your mother, eh? Drop that this instant!” Picks wasn’t used to having to deal with children… Disgusting little creatures, always dirty and mouthing off. Most of them deserved a good smack, in his opinion.
He could only hope little trouble would ensue due to her interruption…

“C’mon now,” he shifted his demeanor from angry to soothing; but ultimately just manipulative despite how his tone became far gentler. “I bet you’re cold and hungry, right? Well if you give me my pouch back I can buy us both a spot of breakfast in the next village – whaddya’ say?” The monkey-looking individual gave a gap-toothed grin which showed off the sharp nature of his curling canines. “I could even buy you a new dress.” Or a hundred more, but what does this brat know about the value of gems? He thought to himself. “C’mon, little bit, they belong to me, return them to me.”

He might have been flat out lying – about all of it – but he knew it was his only chance. The more he looked at the girl the more he felt an odd, electric sensation travel up his spine. Bad vibes…major bad vibes; but there was nothing Picks could immediately do except try and appeal to the child’s selfish wants in the hopes she’d return the small pouch.

He really didn’t want to have to take it by force…

(No problem at all! ^^

Glad somebody joined me. =D)
With a blank stare, Iokai continued staring downward. She held the bag tightly in her small hands. She glared once again at the question regarding her mother. She didn't know how to explain that she didn't have one, nor did she have a father. Or any kind of guardian, for that matter. She was one without anyone to look after her, and thinking about that only upset her more. What was it any of a thief's business where her mother was. She wasn't quite the small child she looked like, but at the same time, it seemed most sixteen-year-olds—same age as her—had someone, anyone to look after them.

Not that it was anyone's business aside from her own. But thinking about it could cloud her judgement, so she allowed her less calm thoughts to dissolve.

Iokai became more suspicious as the creature's demeanor changed, but she did her best not to show that. "Can't give back your money." She raised the pouch for a moment. "Not belong to you, so not yours. Can't give what not real. Your wealth not yours—stole it." She tucked the bag of gems into her the front of her dress and gripped the branch, preparing herself to drop from it. "I return it, yes. Not get reward, because not want them to know they robbed. If know, maybe get reward. But even if not, don't mind going hungry. Not mind cold, either. If want money more than justice, I get regular job instead of help others."

She flipped backwards from the tree, landing on the ground in a less-than-graceful manner, and she took off towards the road taken by most travelers. Electric blue sparks flew from her fingertips as she ran, as a warning that she wasn't the safest person to mess with. Whether he tried to follow her or find a less dangerous activity, she didn't care. She wasn't the best at casting spells, but she had enough to defend herself and protect other people—so no matter what he decided, that's what she was going to do, regardless of whether she got hurt or not.

LittleKouhai said:
She flipped backwards from the tree, landing on the ground in a less-than-graceful manner, and she took off towards the road taken by most travelers. Electric blue sparks flew from her fingertips as she ran, as a warning that she wasn't the safest person to mess with. Whether he tried to follow her or find a less dangerous activity, she didn't care. She wasn't the best at casting spells, but she had enough to defend herself and protect other people—so no matter what he decided, that's what she was going to do, regardless of whether she got hurt or not.
Discretion was always the better part of valor. Picks was no champion knight and bore the same philosophy as any thief – never bite off more than you can chew; cut your losses and run.

Everything about the girl looked and smelled wrong. He didn’t like any bit of it and, though loathe to do so, kicked a stone and threw his arms up hopelessly. He had no want to die this day…there was no point. Easier marks laid on the trail ahead; might as well move along and wash his paws of the matter.

Grumbling to himself in high bad humor he took to the trees and disappeared going his own way – in the opposite direction.

Subtle winds blew a gentle harmony against the woven boughs and branches of the canopy as both parties traveled; and it wouldn’t be until some near half-mile that the girl would encounter any other being. Wood smoke, as though from a campfire, wafted on the air which led any keen nose to the camp of a small party. At first they seemed harmless but as one took a closer look it would be swiftly realized…this was no normal traveling party. Several half-ogren littered the squad of some score and a half – enough to be trouble if they wanted. Three captives, looking worse for the wear, sat bloodied and beaten, tied with lengths of rope and leather cord to a tent pole nearest the fire. There two goblins and a hyena-looking man poked at them with wicked-looking swords and spears, grinning and sniggering at their pitiful whimpers.

Leading the fearsome bunch seemed to be a tall, white kitsune-fox. It’s three tails moved calmly behind it as several of the warriors moved towards him to report. The anthropomorphic vulpine spoke with a tone of authority and no one seemed to question him; even as he ordered the three captives be hoisted above the fire and roasted until they told him where the stones were. Even as they were being raised by the vicious-looking barbarians the captives could only babble and claim they didn’t know. It had been stolen, they said, and they had no idea when or how!

“Lies,” the fox-looking man responded levelly, “But we’ll know soon enough. Fetch more wood, the lot of you; build me a fire large enough to roast three cowardly dogs!”

Hopping to in swift fashion, the crude looking bunch of warriors went about finding all the dead wood they could, eagerly throwing it upon their campfire, urging it to grow. The captives could only babble and blubber, begging for mercy; but their fate was sealed. Lying or not, the fox intended to kill them. He’d lost his lead, the trail went cold. He had little chance of finding the stones now.

Someone needed to be punished; and he didn’t care who.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back