• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Even If I'm An Extra, Notice Me Senpai! (More Members Welcome)

Danchou Tsubomi

Leader of the Mekakushi Dan
Introduction

tumblr_static_tv-shadow-naoto-try-1.gif

Even If I'm An Extra, Notice Me Senpai!

A Genre Savvy Roll To Dodge

"Kurishe K?k? Sh?...it's not getting as much views as we want," producer Ichirou said, sighing. "Kenji, you should really consider working with a team of writers instead of performing a one-man job." Kenji's hand twitched on his mouse and he lowered his head slightly, facing his computer screen. "Look, I doubt you can keep up your streak anymore. You made tons of hits but you're not making anymore. People don't recognize your name under the title-"

"Listen, I hear that a lot." Kenji moved his hand away and clenched his fist. "But I can create a masterpiece. Just give me time."

"Time's the kind of currency I can't afford to spend."

Nodding, the only writer of the show, Kenji, began typing. "Then be cheap. Give me time. I don't care how many days you're going to give me, though you'll be surprised how pressure improves things."

Saburo woke up, trying to pretend he wasn't napping on his art tablet as the two conversed. A sheepish smile appeared on his face as Ichirou looked at him.

"...I think the quality's getting worse since no one sleeps like a normal person." Ichirou stopped at the door as he made his exit. "Impress me soon. If you want this anime to last long, you're going to have to get those views." He left and the two other people in room sighed.

"Saburo...we're going to work really late tonight."

He nodded. "Y-yeah. I'm exhausted, though. Can we get some coffee first? I've been seeing some strange things." Motioning to his desktop, a scene from the show was on display. An extra, featureless as they tended to be, went from running to standing still. "We use animated puppets and all, but I don't remember putting this in. Besides, I don't make animation that fluid and...life-like?"

The character he talked about stopped moving. "...you're probably just tired. Let's get coffee before the shop closes for the day."

When the people in the room left, the extra character took a deep breath. Finally. Even if they created her, it was stressful with them around. She wasn't even supposed to be alive. Anime doesn't exist and neither does its characters.

Except, well, sometimes strange things happen.

Extra-chan just happens to be one of those strange things. Hopping over to interact with the animation program's user interface, she reached for the play button and prepared herself to try to talk to Tsuki -- er, Makoto Tsukishima. Nicknames are weird, aren't they? "Tsukishima, how are you doing--"

"It's my first day of school, and monsters show up...why can't they just leave me alone?" Oh, right. Narration. They really chose a good voice actor for him but it kinda sucks that she can't really have a conversation with him.

How unfortunate, considering that she has a crush on him. Extra-chan sighed, deep in her not voice acted thoughts. Before she had free-will and all that, she was just supposed to be one of those characters that were insignificant and just there to show that the main character was attractive. Usually the popular guy characters had a bunch of one-scene girls popping up to confess before getting rejected and having a major protagonist later end up with him. Still, even if it didn't make much sense, Extra-chan liked him. Sighing before smiling, an idea appeared in her mind: become a major character. Extra-chan, not really able to watch anime and all that, would eavesdrop on the people working on the show. Saburo was a huge nerd and often mentioned how his favorite minor characters became more important in shows due to the fanbase practically worshiping them.

Now, how should she go about becoming important...?

Characters

upload_2016-7-7_17-58-41-png.311940

Extra-chan

Main Character of the Roleplay

An anime character who isn't major at all in the show she's in. Despite this, she's alive. She lacks an official personality and is literally a blank state, yet the actions that you make her perform shape her. Has an obvious crush on "Tsuki".

21714f52a2e836a8cd5e969e5ae2b6cd.jpg

Makoto "Tsuki" Tsukishima

Main Character of the Anime

A shounen protagonist with a kuudere flair. He's unaware of the fact he's in an anime and likely won't believe it. Tsuki is unable to do make his own actions for most of the time as the script controls him, but at certain times he is himself. Fights with yokai and teachers and naps a lot in class.

p1010928.jpg

Left: Show Writer Kenji, Middle: Producer Ichirou, Right: Chief Animator Saburo

The antagonists, but they just want to do their job and do it well

Extremely exhausted and just as tired, these three are trying their best to keep a show on the air. Views are low and so is morale. All of them are coffee addicts. Kenji is stubborn and doesn't care about anything unless it interferes with what he's planning for the story, Ichirou has high standards and focuses on pleasing the audience, and Saburo just wants to sleep for once, though he does want to create a beautiful looking series. Paying attention to what they want for the show is vital for your success.

Kurishe K?k? Sh?

picofschool7_5382199_lrg.jpg

Kurishe K?k? Sh?

The Setting

A shounen anime about your typical blue haired protagonist who saves the world during high school. There's only about one really interesting character and it's only the main character. The main themes focus on friendship and yes, Tsuki does call out of his attacks. It wouldn't be an anime without that, would it?

...Essentially, it's the most cliche anime ever, but the writer's trying to spin some sort of twist on it. Probably will get more interesting after Extra-chan spreads chaos.

What's a RTD (Roll To Dodge)?

dice-clipart-dice-clip-art-LcKeAjBca.jpeg

Roll To Dodge

So, based on the amount of dice roleplays I see here, I don't think many people know what a "Roll To Dodge" is. It's an extremely simple way of adding chance, though there aren't any modifiers or anything, so...trust in the dice.

Quoted from TV Tropes:

"Each player submits an action, and the GM rolls a six-sided die to determine the result of each player's efforts. There are six levels of success, depending on the number rolled:

[1] Epic Fail - The action was not performed, and backfired horribly.

[2] Fail - Nothing happened.

[3] Partial Success - The exact degree of success is established by the GM.

[4] Success - The action was carried out adequately.

[5] Epic Success - The action succeeded in the most positive way possible.

[6] Overshot - Though the result was achieved, the action backfires horribly due to disproportionately large effort."

Rules

Rules

1. Despite there being various types of anime, please try to keep this PG-13. Something can still be funny without being inappropriate.

2. When there are write-in votes, you can put anything ridiculous, but please focus on the plot or we'll get really sidetracked.

3. If a roll goes bad, blame the dice. Things can work out and failure can be funny.

4. Abide by all the rules already existing on the site.

5. And, my favorite cliche: have fun! The main reason I do these things is for a shared experience that brings joy.

Anticipated questions/questions I know you won't ask

Q and A

Q: What does the name of the anime mean, exactly?

A: I know it's in romaji but it means (in broken Japanese, likely) "Cliche High School Show." Creative, I know.

Q: When does this take place?

A: 2000's.

Q: Why is the main character called "Extra-chan"? Isn't that kind of...bland?

A: She's a literal blank state at the moment, and this will change over time. Eventually, we can name her when she has enough of a personality.

Q: How is Extra-chan self-aware?

A: I'll leave it up to interpretation. ;-P

Q: Will you pull any Madoka stuff on us?

A: Depends on your actions...if you want Madoka stuff, you need to sign a contract.

??
? ?? ???

Q: Is this roleplay just an excuse for you to make anime references?

A: ...yes. But it's mostly inspired by "No Matter What Happens, I Still Won't Become An Anime Character". Check it out, since it's hilarious:
Original - No Matter What Happens, I Still Won't Become An Anime Character

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks pretty cool, though I've never done a Quest Log/ Dice RP before. Either way, I'm joining now :P

@TrippyVirus

Victoly.
:) Glad that it interests you. I'm going to start typing up some of the story things. How are things going?

@verifiedkat

rpnation only has one other dice/quest roleplay, so I was worrying that I'd get no responses. Welcome.
:D How's life?

Danchou Tsubomi] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/38016-trippyvirus/ said:
@TrippyVirus[/URL]
Victoly. :) Glad that it interests you. I'm going to start typing up some of the story things. How are things going?
It's OK, Just drowning my sorrows in YouTube videos. Also, Pokemon GO Team?

TrippyVirus said:
It's OK, Just drowning my sorrows in YouTube videos. Also, Pokemon GO Team?

No hard feelings, but Mystic. ;v;

Though I don't really do gym battles and I just catch stuff, so I'm not really loyal to any team.

[QUOTE="Danchou Tsubomi]
rpnation only has one other dice/quest roleplay, so I was worrying that I'd get no responses. Welcome. :D How's life?

[/QUOTE]
Good as usual. How about you?

Go to the bully characters of the show and act like a victim character when they introduce the main character's rivals. The audience might hate how rude the characters would be, though they might feel bad for you despite being a minor character.

Dear god, I hope this works. @Danchou Tsubomi

The dice... they determine fate. RNG, have mercy! Q.Q

And I'll wait a while before I roll the dice of doom. Mwahahaha... (read as: I have to sleep for once because it's three AM but I'll show the outcome technically today.)

@TrippyVirus

B: Go to the bully characters of the show and act like a victim character when they introduce the main character's rivals. The audience might hate how rude the characters would be, though they might feel bad for you despite being a minor character.

lunatox said:
Go and appear in most, or some of the shots and wear something that seems iconic, such as a pink beanie or oversized headphones or a sweater , or just anything, just ONE unusually adorable thing that'll make you standout from the rest of the extras, and just sit in the background doing whatever. If it works, you'll be noticed by the audience and given a cute nickname! and possibly become a meme

Oh, you just edited your vote. ;v; I do like this choice so

If no one else votes right now, I'll make Extra-chan do that after the scene with the bully characters since the majority wants to choice B. I'll wait like fifteen minutes and then I'll write the story.
:)

And by the way, your quest is really cool. Digging the MS Paint art. Do you know Ruby Quest? You might like it, though the art is more stick figure than detailed.

It's time. Option B has been chosen.

Release the dice!

[dice]24908[/dice]

[QUOTE="Danchou Tsubomi]

Oh, you just edited your vote. ;v; I do like this choice so

If no one else votes right now, I'll make Extra-chan do that after the scene with the bully characters since the majority wants to choice B. I'll wait like fifteen minutes and then I'll write the story.
:)

And by the way, your quest is really cool. Digging the MS Paint art. Do you know Ruby Quest? You might like it, though the art is more stick figure than detailed.

[/QUOTE]
oh man thanks a lot.

yeah i know ruby quest. i actually am sort of a fan of it? the style and art of it actually inspired me to use a more simplistic art style, and also because i knew if i spent too much effort on each picture just coloring and shading and anatomy i'd get quickly burnt out and nervous to keep a consistent "good" quality.

i liked the plot, though. i thought the bunny was cute, and her friendship with tom was sort of sweet in a way? not that i can remember them anymore but, yeah, i could at least remember reading it was. an adventure.

lunatox said:
oh man thanks a lot.
yeah i know ruby quest. i actually am sort of a fan of it? the style and art of it actually inspired me to use a more simplistic art style, and also because i knew if i spent too much effort on each picture just coloring and shading and anatomy i'd get quickly burnt out and nervous to keep a consistent "good" quality.

i liked the plot, though. i thought the bunny was cute, and her friendship with tom was sort of sweet in a way? not that i can remember them anymore but, yeah, i could at least remember reading it was. an adventure.

I really wanted to start doing Quests because of Ruby Quest. It had the same effect on me too when it comes to art, although I'm still a perfectionist, haha. It sort of made playing Animal Crossing a little weird though, because I have Tom the cat in my town and all I can think of is "MANLY PHYSIQUE". Pfft.

Also

I actually didn't really mean to start doing art for this RP but I sort of did it anyways so

guess we're going with it, haha. I need the practice anyways.

B: Deal with them yourself. Though you just cried in front of them and acted very intimidated, it would be unexpected for the viewers and almost comedic. It'd bring more attention to yourself, especially from the anime worker trio, but you want the audience to notice you. And also senpai.

and

D: Glasses

I just like glasses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

verifiedkat said:
B: Deal with them yourself. Though you just cried in front of them and acted very intimidated, it would be unexpected for the viewers and almost comedic. It'd bring more attention to yourself, especially from the anime worker trio, but you want the audience to notice you. And also senpai.
and

verifiedkat said:
D: Glasses

I just like glasses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I actually edited the choices a second after posting because I like glasses I know people like glasses.

-=-=((C: Say nothing and just look very upset. Tsuki might end up comforting you and it can show his rare emotional side. Also, attention from senpai-er, anyways, it can make the audience respect Tsuki more. A likable protagonist is always a good thing.))=-=-

-=-=((
D: Glasses))=-=-

A: Let Tsuki deal with them. It can make him look cool, which would make the fanbase more interested in the series and his magical abilities are pretty well-designed. People interested in beautiful anime would get a good impression of the show as well as the fans who enjoy action.

D: Glasses.

Sorry I'm late. irl stuff.

Either way, i'll just do option b with the bullies, seems more like the kind of thing that would stick out in people's memories.

[QUOTE="Generic Gamer]
Sorry I'm late. irl stuff.
Either way, i'll just do option b with the bullies, seems more like the kind of thing that would stick out in people's memories.

[/QUOTE]
You're fine. :)

What do you want for your appearance option vote?

[QUOTE="Generic Gamer]GLASSES!

[/QUOTE]
Yesssss, glasses won unanimously!

With that settled, I'll begin writing the events and rolling the dice. Votes are closed now.

[dice]24949[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back