• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic EV07.V3

Effervescent

Rests Chin In Hands

the_resistance_by_alex_ichim-d4oar4m.jpg

We fight for our humanity. We fight for our lives.

In the year 2077 a genetic mutation was discovered that caused some humans to display "superhuman" abilities. Some claim it is humanity's untapped potential, and for a very brief few days the world considered these select individuals as the next step in evolution. As the numbers increased, so too did humanity's fear of their inhuman powers. Within weeks the United States government issued a mandatory blood test for all its citizens to generate official papers to declare whether one was human or carried the "EV07" genetic code that gave them superhuman abilities. Those with this genetic code were rounded up and never heard of again.

Around the world were mass executions of those carrying the EV07 code to prevent the spread of what many considered abominations to humanity. The world soon discovered that their measures would not prevent more people suddenly displaying superhuman abilities even after having their blood tested negative. A yearly blood test in the United States was issued as mandatory, and the disappearance of a small portion of its population brought about hesitation and concern among the citizens.

Scientists all over the globe have dedicated their lives to figuring out what causes this genetic mutation and to find a "cure." So far their efforts have come up with nothing aside from a time frame to which these mutations begin to display within a person's DNA. From the start of puberty to roughly five years after, human DNA mutates to display the EV07 code that heightens aspects of their mental or physical states.

It's now 2090, and in the twenty-three years of oppression against those with the EV07 code has brought about an underground resistance of both humans and the evolved. The apply named Resistance fights against the US government providing EV07 cases with false papers declaring their human rights, liberating them from being held or taken to encampments, and offering food and shelter to anyone with the genetic mutation. In these dark times, Martial Law has been declared in 20 out of the 50 states to further combat the Resistance driving the state sects into hiding until they can regroup.

Our story begins with the Atlanta resistance.

OOC:

This RP is about characters having super powers, but that doesn't mean players will be limited to being superhuman. Humans without the genetic mutation are more than welcome.

Our characters will be involved with the Resistance. If there is enough interest, the roleplay can be split between the Resistance and the US Government program that intends to wipe out EV07.

I would like for this to be player driven (meaning a fewer amount of NPCs) if the group is large enough for both sides, but if it is small, there is still a story to be had!

The super powers should conform to some sort of scientific explanation (no shape shifting into animals or conjuring weapons of thin air, etc).

Since it's set in the future, advanced technology concepts are allowed.

Anyone said:
I would be interested. What would this be: Simple,Casual, or Detailed.
Casual/Detailed. Likely a 2 paragraph minimum per post with more content greatly appreciated. The more written, the better the flow and interactions will be!

Effervescent said:
Casual/Detailed. Likely a 2 paragraph minimum per post with more content greatly appreciated. The more written, the better the flow and interactions will be!
Alright thanks!

scooptoot said:
i really hope i dont end up spreading myself too thin but i want in this
I know the feeling, and it's totally understandable. This will be a very flexible roleplay, and I am an advocate in putting real life over roleplay (this includes those pesky bouts of writer's block or lack of muse).

You can always have a character in the roleplay that you can mark as inactive for a short time (meaning you'll be away for a month or longer) while you deal with whatever you have to deal with (be it work, life, or you just have too many RPs on your plate) and then come back to them. This marking can only happen before or after a "major event" within the plot. If your character is involved in any major events, you need to make sure you can dedicate your time to the plot in that time to insure you aren't inhibiting other players. Emergencies are always excused.

Communication is basically key with me. If you're going to be gone for a couple of days due to sickness or school work, let me know. If you need to take a break from RP but would still like the option of coming back, let me know. I am good about finding ways to set aside characters in order for it to make sense for both their "disappearance" and return. This plot will allow this with ease.

That being said, if a player is constantly going away and coming back all willy nilly, it really disrupts the flow over time, and I'll likely have to have the character permanently written out.

This, of course, all depends on how many players end up joining. I might make this roleplay constantly open for new players.

I'd be very interested in this Rp. Will their be a limit to the amount of characters per player?

Abyss said:
I'd be very interested in this Rp. Will their be a limit to the amount of characters per player?
Right now, per player is one. I don't think I'd mind introducing more along down the line, but it depends on the size of the group interested.

I'm glad to see so much interest so far. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for this genre.

If anyone has any questions or ideas for "super powers" feel free to shoot me a PM!

I've also decided due to complications with the ability, I won't be accepting any characters with clairvoyance.

It seems like the interest has died down as this has been tucked to the second or third page of the interest checks. Looks like it might be a small group, but that's fine! If all goes well and I see that there is enough interest to merit making the RP, I'll make it over the weekend and have it ready to accept CSs by Sunday.

Count me in as well! I figure coming in as a new guy to the site, starting in a new RP would be a good choice. And this is the kind of sci fi I can get into!

Also scoop, I totally didn't follow you here. Promise.

Alright, I know it's gone radio silent for the weekend, but I have been writing a lot of pre-content for this roleplay. A few minor things have changed from the initial pitch (timeline details mostly). I will tag everyone when the thread is up, and once it's open you will be able to submit your CS. Thanks for your patience, guys! It should be up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back