• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Eternal Plains

guul66

Funk Police, Anti-Edgy Department
OOC THREAD

CC & LORE THREAD

ROLEPLAY RULES

1. No Metagame, Powergaming, Godmodding, etc.
2. In the bounds of the RP, OOC and Lore, my word is law. If I declare something, be it resolving an argument or an RP event, thats how it is. You are allowed to discuss it with me and others in an OOC, but if I say its the end of the discussion thats how it is.
3. In combat between eachother players are equal in skill. One cannot overpower another, unless specifically allowed by me (You need to ask for permission).
4. Keep OOC in the OOC section. Pure OOC responses (Responses that are only OOC and have no RP actions) should be deleted and OOC that isn't responding to any RP action or post is not allowed in this thread.
5. Players cannot control any NPCs or secondary characters until/unless I allow it to them. This restriction might be lifted on each player personally when I believe they understand the world well enough to be able to handle a second character or NPC(s). If you think you understand the world well enough, ask me.

Also a reminder: I won't establish any strict rules on how long or detailed your post has to be. Write as much or little as you want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seemed like a quiet day in the independent town of Woffron. The town wasn't big at all, it didn't even have proper walls, but one glance at the inn and the horses tied infront of it and one would quickly realize the amount of traders that pass through the settlement.
As the town was just between the Elven Empire and the areas occupied by the Clans it was one of the few settlements where there was a sizable population of most races.
These times, as tensions have risen between the Empire and the Clans, one can practically feel the hatred between the races as one walks on the streets. Fights haven't occurred yet, luckily, but only a fool would think they wont come, thats for sure.

((Just so its clear, I suggest everyone who wants to tag with the group start in Woffron.))

The tavern was warm this day. A travelling bard plucked the strings of his lute one-by-one, producing a simple, yet enjoyable melody to the few people who had gathered around him. The tavern was also busy, most of the chairs were filled and only a single empty table remained.

Caelumn, who had just helped the old-lady-alchemist of Woffron on her quest for some basic ingridents calmly opened the door, took a quick look around and then approached the barkeep.

"How much for a meal, friend?" He spoke softly. While his face said Nomadic Human, his accent was much more confusing, seeming much more Elven than Nomadic.

"Trade or coin?" The innkeep asked back, not even bothering to look towards Caelumn with all the work he had to be doing.

A woman, probably the innkeeps daugther when judging by the appearance, came out of the kitchen behidn the counter and went to deliver a plate of roast meat to some chubby Lizardman, who seemed out of place as he was dressed quite fancy, not like Lizardmen usually do.

"I've got a few taste herbs, fresher than you'd get from a merchant. I'll give them all for a meal and a tankard of some light ale." Caelumn took the herbs out from his pouch and put them on the counter.

"Fine. Have a seat, I think theres a few free seats in the back." The innkeep sighed and returned to his work.

"Thank you, friend." Caelumn smiled and went to the table.

Lycus walked steadily, listening to the ground crunch below him. He was a heavy man, though by no means fat. The young Orckin had the body of an Orc, that was plain to see. His shoulders where wide and his cheat large. Lycus lacked height, only standing at 5'9", but he made up for it in strength and stockiness. Green-blue eyes shifted across the scenery, the pillars of smoke from a towns forges and such could be seen in the distance. Lycus sighed as he dragged himself over a hill, now able to see the buildings of the town. He'd been chasing the ring theif for nearly a week now, his mother was probably worried, he just hoped she wouldn't come after him. There was a road just below the little hill and he jogged down to it, his axes digging rather painfully into his sides. The sign pointed in several directions and the names were faded, but from want he could see, the town just down the road a ways was Woffron. Lycus nodded to himself and turned down the road to the town, adjusting his fur back pack idly. 

It wasn't long before Lycus was standing in the town square, staring up at the taverns sign. The Orckin scratched at his tusk as he tried to read the sign. It was extremely faded and he wasn't too good at reading in the first place so he eventually gave up and decided he'd just call it he Woffron Tavern in his journal. Lycus had been keeping log of his travels, describing places and people he met in the old leather journal his mother had given him. "Now, you take good care of this, Lycus. It was your fathers." She'd told him in her soft tone, her old and still ageing hands patting his cheeks. Lycus had never much liked his father, but the thing had held many a page about the Earth Mother. The journal had been what had started him on believing in the Earth Mother, if only because it was the only thing that connected him to the other half of his heritage.

Yorlan had thought him odd when he'd told the smithing master of his new found belief. But, had decided to not meddle in his reasonings, the boy was half Orc after all. When he was younger it seemed that his teacher often forgot he was an Orckin. The man seemed so surprised when Lycus' tusks finally grew in when he was 14. It hadn't bothered Lycus, he'd actually prefer that Yorlan think of him as just another Northern Human, just with greenish skin. That's how he preferred everyone to think him. But, unfortunately, he'd learned too much about his Orc heritage to ignore it. 

Lycus shook his head in order to escape his thoughts and stomped up the steps into the tavern. The inside was filled with human, elf, and beast alike. Lycus found himself searching for an empty table and when he'd found one, pushed through people to make his way there. Once sitting down, Lycus took out his journal and began writing in it with the small piece of charcoal he had sharpened and stuck inside it. A woman, most likely a maid-keeper, approached him. She looked young, probably the bar keeps daughter. She asked him if he wanted anything and he gave her a friendly smile and a nod of his head.

"Yes, ma'am. If you don't mind, I'd just like a mug of ale, please." The woman nodded and stood waiting expectantly for payment it seemed,"It seems I only got Rhosthorne coins." He glared at he coin pouch and looked up at the woman with apologetic eyes,"I'm sorry." It seemed he wouldn't be getting his ale. But, he was surprised when she stuck her hand out toward him.

"Just give me them. Ten of 'em. We'll take what we can get." Her voice was soft. It reminded him of his mother. He grinned. 

"Thank ya, kindly, ma'am." Lycus handed her the coins and she bustled off to get him his requested drink. He chuckled, a deep chuckle that didn't seem to fit his sort of boyish voice, and went back to scribbling about the place in his journal. A note was added about the nice brunette maid-keeper, he'd have to learn her name. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Many sights turned towards Lycus when he entered. Most of the people in the bar probably hadn't seen an halfbreed, not even mentioning an Orckin. It took a good few minutes for the people to trust turning their back towards him.

What Lycus didn't notice was the Nomadic Human already sitting by the table.

"Hello, friend." The man smiled at Lycus "I'm Caelumn Petronne past-Rabbithand and you... you seem similar. I've definitely seen you before." He stood up reached his hand out for a handshake.

Lycus lifted his head up from his journal at the sound of a voice. It seemed he hadn't noticed the man sitting at the table before him. He set down his charcoal and reached out to shake the offered had. Lycus had become used to staring eyes and it hadn't even bothered him at all. A toothy smile was offered to Caelumn as well as a firm handshake. 

"Pleasure, sir. I'm Lycus Fire-Hand or Clan Rhosthorne." He raised an eyebrow at Caelumn and ran a hand through shaggy brown hair,"Have you ever been to Rhosthorne? That's the only place I can think you would've seen me." He scratched his head,"I don't leave it much."

Lycus lifted his head up from his journal at the sound of a voice. It seemed he hadn't noticed the man sitting at the table before him. He set down his charcoal and reached out to shake the offered had. Lycus had become used to staring eyes and it hadn't even bothered him at all. A toothy smile was offered to Caelumn as well as a firm handshake. 

"Pleasure, sir. I'm Lycus Fire-Hand or Clan Rhosthorne." He raised an eyebrow at Caelumn and ran a hand through shaggy brown hair,"Have you ever been to Rhosthorne? That's the only place I can think you would've seen me." He scratched his head,"I don't leave it much."

"Yes, yes, that is it. Rabbithand was visiting Rhosthorne once, years ago. You were the blacksmith's apprentice there, I remember my father went to get his sword repaired there." Caelumn nodded his head a little "Surprised to see you so far from your home. Did wanderlust strike you?"

Lycus laughed at the question and closed his journal, slumping some in his chair. Green-blue eyes regarded the Nomadic human curiously, he wondered what had caused him to leave his clan. "No, I'm afraid its not that simple. My late masters ring was stolen from me. I'm chasing the theif down myself." He crossed his arms over a broad chest, tusks pulling up in a curious expression. "If I may inquire, what caused you to leave Rabbithand? I don't often see your like alone."

Lycus laughed at the question and closed his journal, slumping some in his chair. Green-blue eyes regarded the Nomadic human curiously, he wondered what had caused him to leave his clan. "No, I'm afraid its not that simple. My late masters ring was stolen from me. I'm chasing the theif down myself." He crossed his arms over a broad chest, tusks pulling up in a curious expression. "If I may inquire, what caused you to leave Rabbithand? I don't often see your like alone."

"An adventure, then, wonderful." Caelumn smiled "Well, you may not know a lot about Rabbithand, but a lot of people both join and leave the caravan. I had been living my whole life there and, well, in my case, wanderlust DID strike me. Lots of interesting people in Rabbithand, but its much more interesting to live your life with no restrictions. Its a little harder to get your daily bread, but its worth it."

The table by them was filled with Humans, mostly Northern. They were saying something about how Elves are getting on their nerves and were making fun of the High Elves accent and manner of speak.

Lycus nodded in understanding, rolling his eyes at the humans behind them. Sometimes Lycus was glad he could claim to be of the Orcs. At times he didn't feel like being part of the human race. He turned around and tapped on their table lightly, "I wish you'd kindly quiet down, sir. Your quite loud and disrespectful." Lycus stated simply before turning back to Caelumn. "Can you believe some humans? Sometimes I wish I wasn't even half our race."

Lycus nodded in understanding, rolling his eyes at the humans behind them. Sometimes Lycus was glad he could claim to be of the Orcs. At times he didn't feel like being part of the human race. He turned around and tapped on their table lightly, "I wish you'd kindly quiet down, sir. Your quite loud and disrespectful." Lycus stated simply before turning back to Caelumn. "Can you believe some humans? Sometimes I wish I wasn't even half our race."

"So you are Orckin? I knew you looked a little too pale for an Orc. I didn't know there were any Orcs in Rhosthorne... Except you, if that counts."

The Humans payed no mind to what Lycus said and kept talking like they did. They weren't much louder than anyone else in the tavern, only reason they heard them talk was because they were so close.

Hantrick was enjoying a nice, cold mug of ale in the tavern before turning to see a half-orc. Oh? He thought to himself, I haven't seen a half-orc in a long time. Hantrick kept a close watch over them, wishing that he had practiced some amplification magic to hear their conversation. He moved a bit closer to their seats in hopes to hear their conversation. He didn't hear much, but one word did stand out: Rabbithand. Sounded like a caravan that Hantrick's caravan, Heartvale, traded with while it...well...existed. Hantrick spent a fair amount of time considering whether or not to go up and start a conversation about caravans. What was he gonna say, though? Hello, I heard you mentioned a caravan name, mine's dead. Yeah, that's an excellent idea. Hantrick took a sip of his ale, making a face when he noticed that his ale went lukewarm. I'll just use a frost spell to cool it down again. Hantrick readied a frost spell to cool the drink, but people started to bustle and worry at the sight of a readied attack spell. "Calm down," Hantrick said bluntly, "I'm using it cool my ale."

Hantrick put his hand below his mug and, with a flick of his wrist, shot a brief blast of snow. Thankfully, it didn't hit any any people or parts of the building, but people still screamed because an attack spell was launched in a building. Hantrick shook his head, for he knew people wouldn't calm down anyways. He felt a chill on his hand, and looked down to investigate. He let out a sigh when he noticed that he accidentally iced over the hand that held the mug. "Not my best decision..." Hantrick put flicked on a fire spell, and applied it to his hand while muttering things about how stupid he was for not considering the possibility of his hand being frozen. When Hantrick's hand got warm enough to move, he placed his drink down, and continued to apply the heat to his hand. He looked down in shame, refusing to make eye contact with any of the other patrons.

Hantrick was enjoying a nice, cold mug of ale in the tavern before turning to see a half-orc. Oh? He thought to himself, I haven't seen a half-orc in a long time. Hantrick kept a close watch over them, wishing that he had practiced some amplification magic to hear their conversation. He moved a bit closer to their seats in hopes to hear their conversation. He didn't hear much, but one word did stand out: Rabbithand. Sounded like a caravan that Hantrick's caravan, Heartvale, traded with while it...well...existed. Hantrick spent a fair amount of time considering whether or not to go up and start a conversation about caravans. What was he gonna say, though? Hello, I heard you mentioned a caravan name, mine's dead. Yeah, that's an excellent idea. Hantrick took a sip of his ale, making a face when he noticed that his ale went lukewarm. I'll just use a frost spell to cool it down again. Hantrick readied a frost spell to cool the drink, but people started to bustle and worry at the sight of a readied attack spell. "Calm down," Hantrick said bluntly, "I'm using it cool my ale."

Hantrick put his hand below his mug and, with a flick of his wrist, shot a brief blast of snow. Thankfully, it didn't hit any any people or parts of the building, but people still screamed because an attack spell was launched in a building. Hantrick shook his head, for he knew people wouldn't calm down anyways. He felt a chill on his hand, and looked down to investigate. He let out a sigh when he noticed that he accidentally iced over the hand that held the mug. "Not my best decision..." Hantrick put flicked on a fire spell, and applied it to his hand while muttering things about how stupid he was for not considering the possibility of his hand being frozen. When Hantrick's hand got warm enough to move, he placed his drink down, and continued to apply the heat to his hand. He looked down in shame, refusing to make eye contact with any of the other patrons.

The ice spell also froze the drink, while the heat spell was hot enough to make Hantrick pull his hand away in reflex. Also now the ale was much warmer than it was in the beginning. Caelumn turned his attention to the man. He obviously couldn't keep from smiling at the mans situation. The only waitress of the tavern, a slightly too tan Northern Human, approached Hantrick:

"Fathe' asks you to not use spells in the tavern. Best you listen to im', less' you'll get kicked out." Her accent was south-east Northern Human, just like the barkeeps, just gentler to the ear.

((Basically imagine a Scottish accent))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back