• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Escape Collete Island

Surrounded, trapped. Billy twitched nervously as he realized he and Jacob were surrounded. He glanced back and forth, tightening his grip on his bat. No way out this time, he guessed. But there was no way, he thought as he raised his bat, that he was going to go down without a fight.

Within moments, zombies had erupted from the water and had the two men surrounded. Looks like it was up to Lis to save the two idiots. Her head spun as she frantically searched high and low for something, anything, of use. Her eyes landed on a small rock at her foot. Hoisting it up off the ground, she stepped out of her place in the shadows, at last revealing her presence.

"Incoming!" she shouted, both to alert the two of her existence and to catch the zombies' attention. Swinging her arm, she hurled the stone as furiously as her thin arms would. The rock connected with a zombie's head, sending its neck snapping forward. Now aware of her presence, several of the zombies set their sights on Lis. Luckily enough, she was fast, lithe, and small, even when injured. She could fend them off, for now, until the other two got the situation under control.

Just as Jacob had given in, he heard a female voice shout from across the river.

"Incoming!" It said, and along with it came a well-pitched rock, which pegged one of the zombies. It, along with another one, turned away from the two men and made a break for this woman.

Seizing the opportunity, Jacob made a simple front kick to push the remaining zombie on his side away. As it stumbled back, Jacob coiled his arm, and before the zombie could right itself, he brought it swinging upwards, elbow striking the creature under its chin. Its neck snapped back, and it fell over backwards - still alive, though. A swift toeblade-first kick to the underside of the head brought it well and thoroughly to a rest.

Heart pumping, Jacob turned his attention to the woman across the river who had just saved his life. She was running in circles, with the two zombies that had broken off chasing her without gaining on her at all. She's seriously fast, he thought as he hurried across the bridge to help.

"Bring them over to me!" he shouted.

From off in the distance, Billy heard some one shout "Incoming!". A rock hit one of the zombies, assuring that attention was drawn to the voice. Several of the zombies moved off toward the new voice, leaving only two by him and Jacob. Billy wasted no time in slamming his bat down on the one nearest him, hoping that Jacob would take care of the other one quickly.

Another satisfying crunch resounded, and Billy stole a quick dance from where the rock had come from. A small woman stood on the other shore in a fighting stance. Billy told himself to to thank her once this... mess got sorted out.

Within moments, the two men took care of the remaining zombies. Adrenaline pumping, the pain in her ankle subsided to almost nothing. Swiftly cutting under the zombies' grasping arms, she was able to deftly avoid each of their attempts to grab her. Her eyes shot over to the man that had shouted out to her. Breaking out into a limping sprint, her heart pumped in quick, stabbing pulses. Her legs dragged through the shallow water of the river, the chilly water cooling her legs.

Just as she was a step away from exiting the river, a firm arm grasped her, pulling her back with a jerk. "Ugh!" she cried, wildly attempting to pull herself free. Her eyes widened with panic as its snapping jaws came close to her skin. In a quick, fluid motion, she ducked under the zombie, twisting its arm around itself. Seizing its moment of surprise, she took the opportunity to yank herself free, rushing to the other side of the river to meet the two.

Billy watched as the girl managed to avoid the zombies with speed and agility he knew he could never match. As she made it to the other side of the river he grinned. Usually he would make a witty joke but he was still running high on adrenaline. Soon enough the zombies that had been chasing her made their way over, and Billy readied his bat, darting out to the first one. In short order he had cleaved in its head, as well as it's friend.

He stood there for a moment, heaving, in the water. Slowly he came down from his adrenaline high, and coherent thought reinstated itself. He pushed the horror of what he had just done to the back of his mind for later existential panics. Putting his grin back on his face he turned back around towards Jacob and the woman.

Once again, the only reason you aren't dead is because someone else stepped in, thought Jacob to himself. How worthless and insignificant can you get?

None of us would be here if it weren't for the others - we all played a part,
he replied to himself. But, really, he didn't believe it.

He turned to the mysterious woman, pushing his thoughts aside. "Well that all went better than expected," said Jacob, his heart starting to slow down. "I thought for sure we were fucked back there. Thanks for saving our asses, by the way; I'm Jacob, resident arsonist, and the grinning psychopath with the bat is Bill, or rather, Billy."

"I'll say," Lis commented, panting from the excitement as her heart finally began to slow down. "You guys were pretty much screwed out there. Guess that makes me your savior." She grinned, her eyes quickly scanning both of them. The taller one, Jacob, was quite odd looking, a towering figure with snowy white hair and piercing red eyes. The other one, Billy, seemed fairly more normal in appearance, although smaller than her.

For a moment, Lis faltered, her weak leg buckling from the action. With the adrenaline fading, the pain was no rushing back like a tsunami. She quickly collected herself, standing upright again after a moment. "Sorry," she winced under her breath as she picked herself up. "I'm Lis. An arsonist and psychopath, huh? Looks like I'll fit right in." Her eyes looked between the two of them as she spoke. They seemed trustworthy enough. "Where are you guys headed?"

"We're going to to get this one's," at this he pointed to Billy, "sister, she's not far from here. She works at the sporting goods store a mile or so away, right across the park." As he said this, Jacob was scanning over Lis - short, very thin, long blonde hair, and with a noticeably favored leg. He could glean very little about her personality, however . There was nothing particular that was offputting him, no negative features, but he had no idea of what she was like - almost like she was wearing a perfect mask of a regular person. She seemed friendly enough, however. "After that, we're going to my med school - it seems like a place we can fortify well, and hold off the abhorrations with all the supplies. Maybe even cure somebody or something. By the way, what's wrong with your leg? I'm a doctor," which was just as much of a lie as last time - he hadn't gotten his degree in the time it took to walk there - "I can help if something's wrong"

Billy observed Jacob and Lis, unusually quietly. He was still coming down, and felt that anything he said would get lost in translation. Finally feeling calmed down enough to speak rationally he spoke up.

"Thanks for helping us back there, Lis. We were about to become dead meat, if you know what I mean." He grinned. He loved seeing peoples reactions to his puns. "Also, I'm not a psychopath-or at least I don't think I am. That was the first time something like that has happened to me. I suspect I will need therapy after this. Lots of therapy."

For the first time he noticed how bloody his bat was, and decided to wash it off in the stream while Jacob patched up Lis' leg.

"I see," Lis raised a brow when Jacob commented on his status as a doctor. "A doctor, huh? I wouldn't think you were even out of high school." Just goes to show one should never be judged by their appearance, she thought. Like she should be one to talking. Lis shifted her weight to her right leg in an attempt to relieve the building pain in her left. "I fell a little bit. Might've sprained it or something like that, I don't know." Her eyes trailed to Billy as he spoke up. "Don't worry about it." she grinned, although her smile melted off her face at his pun. For a moment, she was unsure if it was a serious remark or a friendly joke. She decided on the latter when he grinned and so she forced a chuckle. "Just be sure to return the favor when it's my ass on the line." She watched as Billy wandered off to the river once again, then refocused her attention on Jacob. "A jokester, huh?" she chuckled wearily. In the wake of a disaster, it was somewhat.... refreshing to come across someone who wasn't dead serious.

"Yeah, I get that a lot," said Jacob wearily in response to the comment on his age. "Just have a seat, I'll look at this leg." She sat down awkwardly, pulling up the leg of her pants slightly, revealing a swollen ankle. "You'd think you'd grow fond of the terrible puns after a while, but it doesn't seem to be going that way for me. Let's see... tell me, does this hurt?" As he said this, he pressed her ankle with his finger, pressing down firmly but not sharply. She grimaced. "Okay, don't answer that - I can tell. How about this?" He bent her ankle forwards, like one would do as one walked; she winced again, clearly in pain.

After a few moments, he said, "Now, let me guess - you fell about 10 to 12 feet, and landed on this leg awkwardly. Furthermore, you've injured this leg before - I'm guessing you once had a hairline fracture on this leg, about 6 or 7 years ago, maybe from running track or something. Am I right?" She nodded, impressed. "Yea, well, that is my job. Looks like you re-aggravated an old fracture that wasn't healed properly - when you get out of all this, I'd write to your doctor, tell him to make his leg casts firmer. Luckily, these tend to be less severe than the original fracture - in a regular situation, I'd give you a splint for their ankle, but I don't have any splints, so this'll have to do."

He took two thin pieces of PVC piping out of his toolkit - the same kind he used to make his flamethrower frames - and used a short length of rope to affix one on each side of her leg, from her foot to her mid-calf. "That should keep you from bending that ankle too much, making it heal much faster - in a day or two you'll be fine - and hurt a lot less. It's not a cast or anything, you can still walk on it just fine - but you probably won't make it worse unless you fall again or try to kick things." He pulled her pant leg down over the braces before standing up, smiling at her briefly. "Consider it partial payback for saving our lives - hopefully I'll be able to be of more use later and we can eventually be even."

Great, you've successfully done something without someone else's help. Not something particular important, but something. On your way to becoming useful, he said to himself, but then thought better of it. God, give me a break, me.

Lis watched him blankly (with an occasional grimace) as he twisted her ankle and recounted medical blurbs about an inadequately healed fracture that she had forgotten about years ago. "Huh. You really think we'll be getting out of this anytime soon? From what I've seen, my doctor's lucky if he hasn't been devoured alive by some poor bastard by now." Things had gone to hell in just a matter of hours. It was a small island; it didn't take much for a situation like this to spread like a wildfire. For a brief moment, she began to wonder how many people were left and how many people were victims of the madness. She wouldn't be surprised if most of the population had already been infected and is now wandering the island as a soulless, flesh-eating monster. The thought was terrifying. She recalled the emergency news broadcast from earlier that day; they said all contact to and from the island was to be shut off. That only intensified her fear by a great amount. That meant that they were trapped there, left in the mercy of fate and whatever God existed up there. If there was, she wondered how he could be so cruel to subject them to such a fate.

Lis's train of thought was shattered when Jacob finished her makeshift "cast". Carefully supporting herself, she pulled herself to her feet,

careful to keep her weight off of her leg. "Nice. You're pretty handy, aren't you?" she grinned. "Thanks. You're getting there. Still got a long way to go, though." her grin widened as she half-joked.

"So uh... we better be on our way then if we wanna go retrieve the big guy's sister. Uh, if you'll have me with you, that is. I was actually on my way there, too." Activating her childlike charm had become as easy to her as switching on a light at that point. It was nothing more than the slightest gleam in her eye, yet at the same time most people couldn't resist it. At this point, turning it on had become a subconscious effort; she could barely tell herself when it happened. Regardless, Lis didn't mind; anything to help her gain an advantage was useful in her book.

"Careful down there.", Mr Keeman said, his eyes maintained on the single entrance to the room. He sighed as he rubbed his hands together. Even without the A/C, it was cold in the floor maintenance room. "I hope whoever's in charge of the wiring is sitting at a beach somewhere, enjoying his life.", he muttered in annoyed sarcasm, obviously irritated at the inconvenience this "little" set-back was causing them. His nightstick was firmly held as he stayed vigilant.

Grey's heartbeat was pretty even considering the circumstances. A moment ago they had found out, that after an agonizing amout of time spent maneuvering carefully to avoid all the infected to reach their destination, the supply powering the elevator was out. Being on a seperate power phase, they had to doubleback almost to where they started to restore auxilary power to the floor before they can, again, make their way to the elevator lobby to access the elevator control room and hopefully restore the power to the elevator.

Now, almost two stories below, Grey slowly descended the metal ladder. "Yeah, I'll be fine.", he replied. His voice echoing as he continuing his descent down the dark, narrow maintenance duct. It was illuminated only by several pulsating red emergency lights which lined the wall right to the bottom. The light was barely bright enough to shine through the area between one light and the next, needless to say that everything more than a couple of feet away was a complete mystery to him. Flashlights were out of the question as it might attract more of those infected towards him and so he continued in the darkness. Though he could not see anything, his mind went back to his colleague and the incident in the office several hours ago.

Right at that moment, when his concentration broke for but a moment, he lost his footing causing him to stumble down several feet before he managed to stop, his hands were too slow however and it was his shin that had actually stop his downward momentum by wedging itself between his body and one of the steps. A loud clank echoed throughout the tunnel but he couldn't think about the noise as the pain shot right through him. For a moment, he felt lightheaded as he gritted his teeth in agony; all the while trying his best to not make a sound. His whole body started to produce cold sweat as he steadied himself on the ladder. He breathed in and out several times to calm his nerves.

After several minutes of silence, he finally decided to try continue down. Barely one step later, he stopped again and grimaced at the pulsating pain on his right shin. Very carefully, he moved his free hand and gently touched his shin, trying to roughly assess the damage. He wasn't a doctor but he knew it was bad yet he had to push on. Ignoring the pain, he started limping down the steps and pretty soon he had managed to get a rhythm, moving at a reasonable pace. It wasn't as silent as he would've liked it but knowing that he was in an isolated area, he pushed on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abraham is driving as fast as he can but he know that he should pull over for a bit because he can't appear in front of anyone with all these blood on his clothes and hand. The car move next to a tree and stopped, the engine still on just in case more of that creature is shows up here. "damn, damn, damn!" he take off his sweater and wipe the blood on his hand with it, next thing he do is try to call the police, maybe just maybe they can tell what is happening. His hand shaking, his finger can't press the button correctly, he got angry and throw the phone then slam the steering wheel "Goddamnit!". However, wrath does not gonna help him anywhere, he take a deep breath and try to calm down a little then roll his eyes to the radio, he turn it on looking for online channel that still broadcasting, then he heard the announcement about what is going on right now and when the help will arrive. After a brief pause he lean his head to the steering wheel, what sin has he done that god choose to punish him with this? the question will never be answered. He continue to drive his car looking for a somewhere else safe.

Eventually Gregory arrived at Pioneer College. Parking his car he waited for a minute. Everything had happened so fast; Collete Island, his island, had become a hell hole. 'Zombies' or whatever they were were just strolling around, slowly killing his island. And Gregory didn't like it one bit. But what could he do? Nothing. Maybe if he was lucky the professor had created a cure. If he hadn't, then Gregory had one method of survival to ensure his safety: self-preservation.

He opened the door and stepped out. Looking around he heard faint groans. Someone put their hand on his soldier. Turning around, Gregory's surprise turned to fear; he had been greeted by a zombie with one side of its face smashed in and rotten skin which had began to peel. The beast pinned Gregory against the car's door. Gregory was struggling, but there was no way he could get out of this situation on his own.

(Anyone at the school? If so could you perhaps rescue Gregory?)

Jason saw something down at the parking lot of the school. He quickly grabbed the mallet and began running down stairs in hopes that he would make it in time. He arrived at the door and felt the hair on the back of his neck rise. It was Mayor Brown. Jason rushed to the scene and quickly threw a blow at the zombies head. It fell to the ground and began getting back up. In a blinding panic Jason continued to smash the zombie's head with the mallet like it was a whack a mole game. He let out a whimper as he quickly grappled Mr. Browns hand and began rushing to the school building.

"Of course we don't mind," said Jacob cheerfully(ish). More seriously, he said, "we've got a better chance of surviving if we stick together." He couldn't help but notice her face, previously unreadable, now seemed to have a slight glean of nativity and innocence, almost childlike. It made her very hard to disagree with - not that he'd have any reason to - and also had the effect of making Jacob strangely cheerful, at least as far as his standards went.

The three of them walked through the park, mostly on their own. Aside from some small talk, they were mostly lost in their thoughts.

For the first time since his flat, Jacob was thinking about Allison. It was strange to him to be so isolated from her - he was used to her breaking code to land a vertical takeoff jet in the park just for fun about least once a month, and calling him every day, so it was a new experience to be somewhere completely unreachable to her. Despite his obvious companions, he felt totally alone without her - no jet, no video calls, no contact at all. I wonder if she's given up hope yet - does she still believe that I'm alive?

"
General Tallia, with all due respect, this is outrageous. How can we abandon all moral like this? How can we purposely not save people who are perfectly savable, just because there are some risks, and call ourselves just?" Allison sounded contained, but angered, which worried Tallia - if Allison Newhearth seemed upset, inside she was ragingly furious. In his time serving with Allison, he had learned that Commander Newhearth was one of the least emotional people he had ever met, so if she was showing emotion, it had to be bad.

He sighed. "Newhearth, what would you have me do? We have no idea how this mysterious infection works at all. For all we know it can be transmitted via the air through pores but delayed, and right after our soldiers return they'll start going all bitey in the middle of their barracks. We cannot send in troops without any form of intel, it's a risk I'm not willing to take. Too many lives would be at stake - and not just the lives of the soldiers we send."

Allison wanted to spit back a sharp answer, one that would put Tallia to shame, before walking out, leaving the door swinging - but she didn't have one. "I guess you're right, sir." She looked sullen and hostile - not a new face for her - but Tallia noticed a deep-cut sadness beyond it, one he would have never expected to see from the woman.

"Newhearth, are you okay, commander?" he asked a question that he knew Newhearth's standard answer for.

"Yes," came her brief reply.

Tallia stared. Never once, not in all of 5 years, had Allison Newhearth ever said she was alright. That was how he knew something was deeply wrong. And then he remembered Jacob. "Oh lord..."

Allison blinked twice, before saying, "Sir, permission to take a solo mission to Collette island for reconnaissance? You can run full tests on me when I return, have me sedated, whatever you want."

"Commander, I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that. We cannot risk losing one of our best strategists and pilots. And, more personally, I fear that you would do something rash. I'm sorry commander, you have to stay here until we get more information."

Allison stopped for a moment, taking in what she had heard, before saying quietly but fiercely, "I think it's too late for me to not do anything rash." And she ran out the door, leaving a flash of white etched into Tallia's eyes.

Tallia lay his head in his hands. He knew where Allison was going, and he knew there was nothing he could say or do that would stop her. He had no idea what the right move was in this situation.

Allison ran as fast as she could - which was remarkably fast - straight to the hangars. The other pilots, respecting her authority, cleared out of her way without question. Climbing into her F-35 VTOL jet - complete with red flower decals - she began the ignition sequence. "Allison!" barked Tallia through her headset. She rolled her eyes and went to turn it off. "Before you silence me, I want you to listen. I'll move the records of you leaving if I can - make it look like you left with a training group in an hour - and I'm sure you can disable your own GPS tracker, you've done it many times before." Allison shrugged sheepishly, not that Tallia could see her. "But if you fire a single shot, there'll be nothing I can do. All weapon firing gets logged, and you'll have some serious answering to do. Clear? Now get the hell out of here before more people see you, and if anyone does find out, you didn't get any help from me." Allison, for once in a month save her conversations with Jacob, grinned mischievously.

"Okay boys, open the doors, I'm cleared for takeoff. No, you can't know what I'm doing, you don't have anywhere near the clearance. Prep the runway, doubletime."

A voice pulled Jacob from his thoughts. "Here's the other side of the park," said Billy. The Keaton River - AKA the west branch of the Uncreatively Named River - flowed noisily before them. "Dick's is just a few blocks from here, that way-" but Lis interrupted him.

"Hold up... is that a goddamn fighter jet?" she said, pointing towards the sky above the park.

Grey weighed his options for a moment. Before him stood a large control panel in which almost all of the indicators were unlit. Looking down at his leg, even under the barely visible hue from the warning lights, he knew that it was a problem. He sighed, knowing what pushing the button would mean. If the facility were to light up like a Christmas tree, no longer will they be able to sneak harmlessly past the infected. He tried moving his legs and the pain was still there. No matter how much will power he had, his body seemed to be protesting his every step. "Shit.", he cursed under his breath. "Fuck.... fine... lets do this.", he said as he pulled down one of the circuit breakers into its 'on' position. A moment later, a low hum started to reverberate throughout the maintenance duct. 'That'll help make it harder for them to hear us.', he reasoned before moving on to the next switch. This time, the red warning lights turned off and after a few seconds in complete darkness, the main lights started turning on. The sudden flood of lights caused him to instinctively close his eyes leaving an afterimage behind his lids. He slowly blinked his eyes a few times before it re-adjusted to his surrounding. Then came the final switch, the utility switch.

"Gotta hurry.", he muttered to himself as he limped back towards the ladder. Leaving most of the lights on the control box turned on. As was always the case, he had to re-position himself as he tried to take the first step onto the ladder. The first was the hardest and the most important.

"Ugh...", he groaned as he hoisted himself up, placing his left leg on the first step. The rest of the steps should be easy for him by now and he rose up the narrow duct. It wasn't as bright as the room below and undoubtedly dimmer than the room above, but he could now see everything around him. Not looking down, he wondered if he would've made the descent if he could see the distance from the top.

~ Clank ~

He could start to make out noises from above. Clanking noises and even hints of groaning. "Shit..shit...hold on, Mr. Keeman.", he muttered as he hastened his ascent. Right then he found himself in a situation of helplessness that he could only imagine from a horror movie. Directly above him, at the entrance of the duct, he saw one of the infected entering the duct head first. His eyes widened and his body froze. As if the moment was playing in slow motion, he saw the infected free falling towards him. The duct could barely fit a person, squeezing two fully grown people seemed highly unlikely to him. They say nearing the end, your life flashed before your eyes; Your regrets, your failures but Grey saw none of that. Only the deformed features of someone he once knew hurling down towards him. He closed his eyes and hugged the ladder, bracing for the impact and whatever may follow.

Gregory had been quite shocked when he was saved. He hadn't expected anyone to be around. The young man had grabbed his hand and was dragging him into the school. From what Gregory could tell his savoir wasn't exactly okay with killing 'zombies' either, as he had let out a whimper after he killed it. He had more guts than Gregory; Gregory was too afraid to even whimper.

As they got inside the building Gregory collected himself.

"Jeez thanks kid" he began unsurely, breathing heavily. "I really owe you one. So what's your name? And why are you here?"

The entire party stopped dead, staring in awe at the plane. Its engines had flipped to point down, and it hovered slowly towards the ground.

"Lady and gentleman: meet my sister," said Jacob, grinning almost boyishly.

The cockpit popped open, and a tall, slender woman pulled off her helmet, revealing pure white hair of the exact same type as Jacob's, before gracefully leaping out of the cockpit and landing to the side of the plane. As she hit the ground, she pulled out a small red flower from her pocket and put it in her hair. She looked young, though not as young as Jacob did - and very serious, deep-red eyes seeming to bore straight through one's heart.

Her facial expression brightened greatly when she saw her brother, grinning and running towards them. The two hugged each other tightly for a few seconds before turning to the rest of the party, who stared agape.

"This is my sister Allison." Allison had, at this point, returned to her usual sullen self, though Jacob was still looking much more cheerful than usual. "She's a commander from the U.S. air force, and she has a tendency to ignore her superior officer's orders, especially when it comes to landing jets on islands she's not supposed to," explained Jacob. Allison nodded appreciably at this description. "Speaking of which, how are you here? Isn't this place totally locked down, no-exceptions? I mean, normally they just look the other way when you land here, but I'd imagine security like this would be tighter."

When Allison spoke, it was quiet and calculated. "The General told me not to come here, he said it was too dangerous. He said it wasn't worth risking the lives of soldiers in a completely unprecedented situation." The tiniest hint of a smile crossed her face as she said, "I... saw otherwise."

Ignoring the shocked looks on Billy and Lis's faces, Jacob asked, "But won't you get discharged for this?"

"The General saw my point of view eventually. He's going to rewrite the logs to make it look like I was never here. Doesn't mean I won't get totally fucked for this later, but that's for later." She seemed completely oblivious towards the stares directed towards her.

"Okay, so, does this mean that it's over? We can just blow up all the zombies?" Billy asked tentatively.

"Unfortunately, it's nowhere near. If I fired a single shot from any military weapon, every general and the White House would instantly know about it. Any time a military weapon is discharged, it's considered a matter of national importance. I'd probably be imprisoned for life, at the least." She was similarly oblivious towards the clearly disappointed and downfallen faces before her - or if she noticed, she showed no sign of it. "I'll have to stick to this," she said as she pulled out a short Japanese sword - a katana.

She addressed Billy and Lis directly. "I want this to be clear: I am not a hero. I am not your guardian angel. I'm not here on record, and I don't plan on running around saving people, I like my body un-chewed. In fact, I don't really care about you. I've never met you, and I don't plan on getting to know you, so don't expect me to throw myself in front of a train for you, I am more valuable to me than you are." Her words were not hateful, but it was calculated and cold. Everything she said stung like wasps. Even Jacob seemed surprised at this - he really ought to be use to this by now though.

"Sorry," he mouthed from behind her back.

"Now, where are we going?" She said, ignoring the looks of shock and injury coming from the two.

"Jesus, what the hell?" Lis inched away from the incoming plane, the sound of the plane's power engine filling her ears. Once the initial shock of a goddamn plane landing straight in front of them wore off, Lis focused her attention on the woman who - Jacob's sister, apparently. They were similar looking, with the strange white hair and piercingly red eyes. She remained quiet, eyes shifting between the three others as they conversed. Lis sneered when Allison turned her attention to her and Billy.

"Get off your high horse, princess," Lis snapped, the sting of her words of equal coldness as Allison's. "If you're so goddamn important, then jump right back onto your little airplane and save your own ass. Also, hasn't it occurred to you that you may have attracted every zombie within a mile? If anything, you've fucked us up more than helped! We didn't need you - your brother didn't need you. Obviously, we've done just fine on our own. In fact, I even saved your brother's ass. If anything, you should be thanking me, because if not for me, he'd have been nothing more than a rotting, eaten up pile of guts right now." she crossed her arms, her glare so sharp it could pierce through glass. "So I think I'm a little more valuable than you think. I don't need you to 'rescue' me." Bitch. It was going to take more than that to offend her. "So then, where are we off to, guys?" she said, addressing Billy and Jacob.

"Uh..." Billy said, still trying to process what had just happened. Plane? Plane in Park? How plane in park? This was by far the strangest day Billy had ever had, and that included that one time with the flamingo.

He coughed as he regained his senses. "Well...I guess we keep on course, get to Dick's. Actually..." Billy glanced around nervously, "We should really get going, the noise of a plane landing in a park could attract unwanted attention. You know, zombies."

Lis didn't look back towards Allison, but she knew that Allison was standing there, stunned.

She was wrong. Allison seemed completely unaffected. She looked at Jacob, shrugged, and fell into step next to him, 10 feet or so behind Billy and Allison. "So, fill me in - what's happened so far? And who are they?" She said, pointing towards Lis and Billy. Jacob filled her in on the situation, looking completely bemused.

When he had finished, Allison whispered to Jacob quietly, "I don't like them. The male, Billy - he's not who we want to have around. Too happy go-lucky. Nobody sane can be that cheerful in a hellhole like this. Plus - that baseball bat, he keeps flipping it between stances absently, like he's itching to use it again. I think he's enjoying himself on the inside. He's twitchy, too - like one good shout would make him swing at the first thing that moved. Dangerous combination, especially added to his clear lack of intelligence - that vacant stare when I landed lasted a little longer than would be considered normal." Jacob nodded, impressed - he'd forgotten how good at coldly analyzing she could be.

"And that woman is, if possible, even worse. She's a total hothead, for one. I told her I didn't think highly of her - which was true, by the way - and she went off like a firework. Any more pissed, and she'd have gone for my neck. But here's the kicker: her face looks like she's put in a lot of effort into making it look like she puts in no effort - notice how her face looks like a perfect phenotype of whatever emotion she's portraying, never half-assed but never overboard. It's the same all around with her, down to the way she walks - her whole body always portrays the same thing, and always without any apparent conflicting or overdoing. She's manipulating her outputs - did you see how fast she went from almost-girlishly innocent to sneering and hostile and back? Nobody changes tracks like that naturally. She acts all charming and sweet, but she's just trying to get you to do what she wants - and when she snaps, she'll get totally unhinged." Her voice lowered to a barely-audible level. "To prove my point: notice that she seems to have no ticks, no quirks at all. She doesn't do anything with her hands absently, she doesn't fidget with her hair, she doesn't tap a rhythm while walking, she doesn't hum. Normally, you can tell a lot about a person by what they do when they aren't thinking about what they're doing - their instinctual, thoughtless actions - but she has none. So that means, she's never not thinking about what she's doing. She's constantly making sure she emits the right aura to get her goals done - be that innocent and sweet to convince you to work, or hostile and ravenous to make you shut the hell up and respect her. She can't control her emotions well, but she's very good at controlling what other people perceive of her, and using that to achieve her goals - even if those goals aren't that well thought-out, and may even be totally reckless. AKA, a psychopath."

Jacob turned to Allison, clearly worried. "I've had my doubts about them, but nothing concrete yet - are you certain?"

"Am I ever wrong?" said Allison, rolling her eyes.

Billy shifted uneasily from side to side, flipping the bat around in his hands. His last comment had been ignored, and now Jacob and-Alison, was it?- were whispering to each other. Billy had never been the paranoid type- it was trusting people to easily that was his problem- but the way they were talking, looking at him and Lis.... it made him nervous.

So many weird things, worrying things, were happening today. Not just the zombies either. That elation he had felt while fighting, him having to rescue his sister instead of the other way around, and now the suspicion in Alison's eyes.... The only thing to do was to keep his spirits up, or pretend to at least, like always. Make sure that everyone else's smiles were real, even if his own wasn't. He knew the power of a joke could have, for good and for bad.

...That said, he'd keep an eye on Alison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back