• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Error 404 Rage

Sleipnir

The Eight-Legged Norse Horse
I just spent like an hour writing up this huge thing in my private workshop in one sitting. I posted it. Everything should have been A-Okay.

I CAN'T ACCESS IT THOUGH

THE WORKSHOP HAS THIS THREAD LISTED AND IT HAS A VIEW BUT WHEN I CLICK INTO IT YOU KNOW WHAT I GET?

"ERROR 404"

THAT'S ALL.

No description, just ERROR 404 on the screen.

HALP I NEED THAT CONTRACT THING

IT TOOK FOREVER IN ROLEPLAY POST PLANNING TIME

I NEED IT

Did you try turning it off and on again?

Jk

But actually, maybe try clearing your cache and cookies. I don't have any idea if it'll actually help, but maybe it will. Somehow.

I don't know much about technology as you can see.

If that doesn't work, try restarting your browser, or using a different one if you already have more than one installed?

It's possible there's something wrong with the private workshop that's being (or going to be) worked on, but I haven't heard anything about this yet.

Edit:

Ha ha.... ninja

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost said:
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Jk

But actually, maybe try clearing your cache and cookies. I don't have any idea if it'll actually help, but maybe it will. Somehow.

I don't know much about technology as you can see.

If that doesn't work, try restarting your browser, or using a different one if you already have more than one installed?

It's possible there's something wrong with the private workshop that's being (or going to be) worked on, but I haven't heard anything about this yet.

Edit:

Ha ha.... nin ja
It's not their computer.

Sleipnir said:
I just spent like an hour writing up this huge thing in my private workshop in one sitting. I posted it. Everything should have been A-Okay.
I CAN'T ACCESS IT THOUGH

THE WORKSHOP HAS THIS THREAD LISTED AND IT HAS A VIEW BUT WHEN I CLICK INTO IT YOU KNOW WHAT I GET?

"ERROR 404"

THAT'S ALL.

No description, just ERROR 404 on the screen.

HALP I NEED THAT CONTRACT THING

IT TOOK FOREVER IN ROLEPLAY POST PLANNING TIME

I NEED IT
The word library at the beginning of thread urls is triggering sever security because our forum software has a library folder that users should not be able to access.

@Ghan will fix it as soon as he gets a chance and you will be able to see your thread as normal :) !

Ohhhhhhhhhh

...I knew I shouldn't have put the dang character's title in the topic... Sorry guys. That's like 287% my fault.

And also the fault of forum software

But also mine

P.s. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleipnir said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh
...I knew I shouldn't have put the dang character's title in the topic... Sorry guys. That's like 287% my fault.

And also the fault of forum software

But also mine

P.s. Thanks guys!
No problem just give us some time to get it resolved :) !

Is Ghan going to be retitling the thread or will he be teaching the software that "library" is an acceptable word in forum titles? I'd sort of like to know just for future reference.

Kaerri said:
Is Ghan going to be retitling the thread or will he be teaching the software that "library" is an acceptable word in forum titles? I'd sort of like to know just for future reference.
The issue, right now, is when it's the first word in a title, not if it's in the middle or end.

Kaerri said:
He will be teaching the software that its fine, no editing of thread titles and stuff required.

The xenForo forum software has a directory called "library" in the web root where it keeps certain Important Files such as the board configuration. In order to make sure these files are not accessed, it is recommended that you have the webserver throw out any request that has /library in the name. I have fixed this so that it will only respond to requests that have a full directory name such as /library/something.txt.

This appears to have fixed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back