• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Empire of Zune CSS

sheesh

it's all good
OOC: (OOC) Empire of Zune
fantasy_map_1516578849878.png

This is where you will put in your Character Sheet. A like from me means that it is accepted, and that you are free to post in the IC when it is made. BBCode is obviously allowed, but make sure your code isn't a mess. I don't want to see a [/tab] or something like that in the middle of your CSS when I'm going over here. No WIP CSS.

Skeleton:

Name: (First and Last. Put misc titles they may have in parantheses.)
Race: (Celestials only, no neutrals or infernals unless I gave you the OK. Especially no Greys.)
Appearance: (Picture and written description for characteristics not defined in the picture. EX: Height, Weight, scars, etc.)

Personality: (One paragraph minimum.)
Biography: (Two paragraphs. No "To be Announced"s here. Needs to include how or why they were chosen by their race's representatives.)
Nation: (The Great Plains? Badlands?)

Magic User? : Y/N
Celestial or Infernal magic, or both?
The power scale for magic is on a scale of 1-10, ten being the strongest, one being the weakest. These will serve as stats, but won't be used in any form of dice rolls.
Magic Power: (Raw Power)
Magic Mastery: (Skill)
The next few stats are non-combat related.
Combat Prowess: (You good at fighting, or nah?)
Fame/Wealth: (Are you rolling in gold coins and known by all? Or are you selling potatoes, struggling to pay your taxes?)
Strategy: (Are you on the level of a General? Or do you not even know what a basic flanking maneuver is?)
Intelligence: (Quick! What's 2+2?)

Extra: (Read the rules before answering this if you haven't already.)

Last edited:
Draft 2

Name: Jezebeth (Paladin of the Guardian Order, Crimson Martyr Chapter. Ruby of the Knightly Orders, Bane of Demons, Banisher of Poverty & Famine, Daughter of None)
Ushael (Mistress of the Circle of Lust, Despoiler and Corrupter of Kings and Men, Caress of the Dreadlords, Defiler & Slayer of Knights, Fire's Shadow of the Forests, Eyes of the Infernal Lands)
Race: Human
Demon, of the Succubus type
Appearance:
human-female-paladin.jpg

gallery_3_15_12435.jpg
While not tall at 5 feet 10, her beauty has been the talk of the Great Plains ever since her entrance into the Guardian Order of Knights and minor fame. Blonde hair like gold or sunshine frames her face, falling to just below her shoulders, with curls left and right of her face. When on a mission or in battle, this is tied into a tight bun. High cheeks like royalty. Straight, diagonal brows. Supple, healthy lips. Pale skin, blue eyes. Enough curves on her body that even her armour could make a man blush - This, of course, she covers with a cloak and the colours of her Guardian Order. She is easily mistaken for a lady in her mid-twenties. In fact, even Jezebeth herself knows not exactly her age.

That said, she is frequently found in her platemail armour of steel like silver and gold-gilding and linings. Otherwise, when at official events, she would often wear the white tunic of the Order with an abstract tower on the torso, or dresses of pleasant colours in parties.

She moves with a grace seen on ethereals, something which comes naturally to her. Her voice is said to be angelic, but her knightly preoccupation involving ordering men on the battlefield and taunting creatures in combat hides some of its supposed quality. She sings on rare occasions, usually to lift the spirits of both demoralised warriors and the downtrodden poor alike, but those who had heard her voice at its peak are few and they count themselves lucky.

It is as if sculpted by the Gods themselves... Though jealous whispers suggest that her beauty is unnatural and the product of a deal with a devil. Indeed, some feel that she possesses a kind of 'inner beauty' that seems to radiate from within, complementing an already flawless exterior. Some find themselves blessed to be in her presence while others are intimidated, envious or suspicious of her.
Rising up to 6 feet tall (not counting the horns) if standing straight on her hooves, her baldness is nothing ugly, only emphasizing her tempting face of dark-pupil and pointed eyes, thin brows, supple lips, and Elvish ears that would make even the most disciplined of Elvish priests blush. Just above her forehead are a pair of horns curling backwards like that of goats - grooved and hard and deadly-pretty.
She has pale, grey flesh, blurring the lines between life and death. A body too perfect, frequently bared to all such that an army of swordsmen would not cut it, unless she'd summoned clothes that could only emphasize her seductive powers, or when practical - like in cold weather that even demons cannot stand. Whenever she uses her fire spells, she will grow red, and fire will burst out of her scalp like hair.
Her muscles are toned to perfection, there but not too obvious. Her lower legs are hairy like that of horses or ponies, ending in hooves. Vestigial wings hung on her back, resembling that of giant bats with serrated talons on each bony protrusion. However, it could only be used to break falls, not to fly nor even glide. And lastly, she has a long, slender tail ending in a 3-pronged hook, which isn't sharp and could not be used to maim or kill.

Armour

Jezebeth wears platemail armour of the lighter variety, simply because she is not strong enough to carry the heaviest plates that knights are known for. But it is a full armour suit trimmed with gold, complemented by a shield, cloak, a shawl and loincloths, all in the colours of the Guardian Order.

Her armour is crowned by a proud short-tailed Sallet helmet. Her neck is covered by a gorget. This leaves the lower half of her face exposed from just between the nostrils and upper lips to her lower jaw. She prefers it that way, as it is easier to breathe. Secretly, she wants to leave a little part of herself exposed for vanity reasons.

Weapons

Kasdeya's Deathstroke: An 300-years-old Elvish long sword reputedly used to kill Kasdeya, a notorious Succubus fond of poisons and potions. Causes great pain to demons if they touch it. Deadly against demon-flesh, otherwise mundane, if only extremely sharp and near-impossible to destroy. Found again in Jezebeth's travels.

Guy Vengeance: A mundane knightly sword forged when she was knighted. It had been by her side for a decade, longer than Kasdeya's Deathstroke. It had slain many demons for her, broken and fixed many times.

Guardian Order Kite Shield: A shield bearing the seal of the Crimson Martyr chapter of the Guardian Order, a bloodied crown. Well made, but mundane.

Knightly Dagger: A dagger with white guard and handle, used as a last resort or a tool. Of no special properties.

Light Crossbow: A weak crossbow that can be loaded quickly, but releases bolts with a reduced force, something in between bows and crossbows.

The Amulet

Jezebeth is never found without her amulet, a ruby gem on leather straps reinforced with steel, even if she was taking a bath or sleeping. For some reason, she could never part with it. It has been with her ever since she found herself waking up in a forest with no memory and naked.

It is the Amulet of Azarath, a rare artifact forged by an imp who knew her. It shields her demonic essence from the likes of angels and wizards, and as long as she is wearing it, she will be nearly undetectable as a demon.

Personality:
Jezebeth is outwardly kind and thoughtful, a creative soul who channels her imagination into helping others, telling anecdotes and uplifting people. Her solution to problems tend to be rooted in eloquence, skill and intellect, not brutality, cruelty and unneeded cunning. She is a known philanthropist, if she isn't on her missions to slay demons or any foul creatures, humanoid or otherwise, that the Order wants dead.

But deep down, she is conflicted and swaying from one extreme or another - something which she has to get used to ever since waking up in the middle of an open field with no recollection of who she is. Her missions as a demon-slaying knight demands discipline and focus in all aspects of her life. It demands wisdom, self-sacrifice. But deep down, she wants, no, craves a break from this. Celibacy feels like a fool's concept in the face of her deeply-nestled need for companionship and bodily pleasures. She wants to throw caution to the wind, and embrace a wilder side. She wants to indulge for her own ends, just because.

Terrible thoughts ripple through her once in a while. This happens most unpleasant in battle, or whenever she is in any heated situation. While she is able to control herself most of the time, sometimes she just couldn't. In battle, she find herself becoming bloodthirsty at times, fighting not just for a good cause, but for the enjoyment of it, for the taste of blood and the screams of her fallen enemies. She has found herself executing prisoners and enemy wounded with glee. She is appointed as a chapter torturer once, and she find herself enjoying the job far too much, and eventually requested a change in responsibility.

But day by day, she wills herself to stop this madness before it begins, praying to one God or another that many say would listen, only to feel empty and ignored. Nevertheless, she has been successful (most of the time) in living the life as expected of the ideal, moral knight, as a defender of mankind and a role model to all. Because deep down, she also know that she wants to be something more.
Ushael is manipulative, deceptive, dealing in lies within lies, and only truth when expressed in pleasure and sense, nakedness - to her benefit, or the benefit of the cause she serves. She has no qualms about sacrificing the welfare of others or causing the consequences of her actions as she seduces, cheat, lie, manipulate and straight-out puppeteers men and women in her machination of one conspiracy or another. She takes pride in her work, not calling it as such - business and pleasure are one. And even as she seduces for her goals or the goals of an overseer, she seduces just as much for her own enjoyment, taking in how she would break down the will of her enemies and forcing them with their own mind to do things they would hate or renounce previously at a glance. And of course, the sex from a position of power.
But eventually, she came to understand herself even more, and what she truly desires. The world is a playground to her, and its people, toys. While her kin wants to bathe the world in eternal fire, she likes it the way it is, just so she could have fun with it for all eternity. But it is not all about her destructive selfishness. She truly sees goodness as another form of pleasure to be pursued. Love being an alternative form of lust. Justice, a form of vengeance. Hatred has a counterpart in goodness. Where humans have their outcasts who practice the dark arts and relish in destruction and murders, demons have their own outcasts.
Ushael wants more. Ever since being forced into hiding amongst the mortal races, she has understood what 'goodness' is, what love means. It isn't unknown to her that hers is a race of pure evil, but she has stumbled on something that seems to transcends that. Perhaps to be good is enjoyment of another kind? Perhaps love is another form of lust? Even after so many years of meditation, her understanding of goodness still sits uneasily between the abyss of mystery and the light of enlightenment, wavering so often and interrupted by the many lifetimes of mortal life she has decided to live through.
Manipulation, deception, lies, indomitable seduction and selfishness - can it be used for good?

Biography:

• Jezebeth wakes up on the open plains, with no memories of who she is or where she came from. All she knows is the name 'Jezebeth', and all she has is an amulet sitting on her breast. Not even clothes on her back did she have.
  • She stumbles upon a kindly old farmer and his family, who took her in as one of his own. She has learnt much from him as she toiled on his farm to repay his kindness. She knows not her age, but they say she looks 16. Jezebeth takes this as fact ever since.
  • A demon terrorises the countryside, eventually reaching the farm and killing most of the family, including the old farmer. Enraged, she slays the beast with nothing but a pitchfork and a rusty sword, finding surprising aptitude in herself on the task.
  • She was witnessed by a few Guardian Knights, who took her in as an initiate and squire.
  • Jezebeth gets married to one of the surviving farmers, a lucky man who finds opportunity in employment in Aeredale as a warehouse master.
  • She ascends to the status of Paladin after slaying a particularly troublesome Succubus loose in the city. Somehow or other, she is able to instinctively predict her moves and anticipate her, eventually catching up and slaying her.
  • She bore a child whom she names Elizabeth.
  • There are times when there is little threat of demons or the more usual dangers. She spends this time on her family or equally heroic acts of philanthropy, feeding and taking care of the poor.
  • She has since become known as the Ruby of the Knightly Orders, a lady of immense beauty, and just as infinite of intelligence, courage, grace and strength. A subject of minor fame is that she is even invited to dine with the royalties of the Great Plains.
  • Years passed with many obstacles met and overcome. A stray Incubus kills her husband and nearly her daughter when it attempts to corrupt her. She grieves.
  • She has been on considerably minor duties ever since, for the past year. She yearns to return to her days of glory. The minor duties given to her is to allow her to grieve and recover, but she found herself slipping into the bottle, growing depressed day after day. She believes that slaying demons will help her more. Revenge will surely help. Blood will surely help. Only the screams of dying demons will help her...
And that is my story, love. There's nothing more, honest as the heavens. Come, let me snuggle in close to you, and we may talk further... With more than just words.
*Sigh* If you insist... Here is a story near and dear to my heart. Lie down, and I'll whisper it into your ear...
Once upon a dark day of ages past, in the wintry days of year-end, a boy and his four brothers and sisters were playing thief-and-watchman in the bushes near half a league from their home. They had been searching for Snowbloom for their parents - they had fallen on such hard times - and found it fitting to play a little after a hard day's work.

Jerome, the boy was called, in hiding from his siblings, had wandered into a forest at twilight. As the sun went down, he found his surroundings changed owing to his inexperience. He had seen but nine winters, and only remembered a few.
Jerome blundered and hurried, called out and cried, but all he had achieved was to dig his grave further, and invite wakening carnivores to his flesh. As night descended and the air grew colder, as snow fell and was kicked up by wind such that the boy could see no more, Jerome fell by a tree, having resigned to a lonely, regretful death.
The tears that fell from his eyes froze the instant they dripped onto his cheeks.
Then, he saw light, dark red light. But he could move no more, and he thought that surely, death was near and whatever creature that would lay claim to his soul had come. Sure enough, as the light came close enough, something none other than a demon came to his view.
But it was not just any kind of demon. Slender and curved in limb and body, muscled enough as to not appear starved, with pony-like legs, the horns of goats and bony wings with membranes. But most striking of all, it had the face and upper body of a woman unparalleled in beauty, albeit surfaced with ashen demon skin.
It was a Succubus, a demon of lust.
It walked up to the boy, naked and baring it all but not freezing. It watched not with demented interest but with curiosity. Despite his impending doom, Jerome, in a seemingly last display of courage, was able to work up the strength to speak to what seemed to be his taker: "Have you come to take me, O demon, to swallow my soul?"
The Succubus bent down on her hoofed legs to regard the boy on his level. It smiled mischievously, as if death was but a game.
"No, silly boy," it said. "I take only those of a... mischievous, playful tendency - even then, I grow weary of matchmaking them with their nasty end. Besides, I walk in these woods only to enjoy the fresh air that it affords." The Demon surprised the boy with its words. The boy was young, but no fool. He knew that a demon was nothing but darkness, and decided that it was mocking, teasing him.
"What are you doing here anyway, young little pricker?" It turned the odd conversation on the boy, itself playful and mischievous. A reminder of his doom had all but made the boy cry some more.
"I- I'm lost," Jerome sobbed. "And I shall die a foolish boy that no one will miss. Taken by a demon and never to be seen again!"
"Yes. That would be unfortunate," the demon teased further, but surprised the boy some more: "Or, you shall see your kin again, and live to age and mature into a handsome young man- A really handsome young man."
"H-how?" Jerome's voice cracked at the impossible notion. The Succubus answered by picking him up with her arms in the crook of his knees and around his back. It was strong, and the boy's weight was nothing. It pressed him close to itself, and it was warm and good, unlike the cold and darkness he thought it - her to be.
"You will not freeze, young pricker," the Succubus said. Where there was once pretty baldness and ashen-grey skin, yellowish fire and a reddish hue took over. Jerome could feel the cold leaving him, as if the Succubus was a thick blanket. Despite his initial misgivings, the boy wrapped his arms around her, his tears unfreezing, free-flowing. Her hugged her, chest to chest.
Through the night, the Succubus transported Jerome. The journey was slow and tough despite her demonic strength and resilience, but they made it to the bushy field where he was playing thief-and-watchman with his siblings.
The siblings were gone. They had to abandon the search as the day turned into night, and became treacherous.
So the Succubus brought the boy to the outskirts of his family's farm, and finally set him down on his feet, which had regained their strength.
"Thank you," Jerome mumbled, and held the Succubus' hand tighter. "Please, my savior, come inside to my home. My parents would want to meet the woman who rescued me from certain death. Room and food are the least I can offer in exchange."
The Succubus bent down again, seeing the boy eye-to-eye, her gaze and demeanor loving for a demon.
"Oh, you silly little plaything," she said. "You can't - shouldn't let anyone see us together. And I do not need room and food even during such times."
"I understand," the boy said, but would not let go of her hand, that tender, loving hand. "But please, please don't leave. I- I-" Tears flowed anew. Good friends were far and few, and he'd just met a new friend who would soon leave.
"Shhh... Darling boy," the Succubus leaned in, and planted a kiss on his forehead. Her final gift. "Go, live your life. As many more winters come and go, you shall find another lady to befriend. And perhaps - love and marry."
"At least tell me your name, O demon," Jerome asked, his heart swimming with impossible feelings for the horned lady.
"I am Ushael," the Succubus obliged, "but you may call me Shae. Goodbye, love. Perhaps we may meet again."
And with that, the Succubus turned and leave, and eventually faded into the dark.
But that wasn't the end of this tale, no. For a few days later, on another wintry night, Jerome opened the door to some knockings and rappings, only to find a pile of gold and gemstones of various colours on the floor before him. Thus, his family was saved from severe suffering at best and slow death by starvation at worse.
They lived happily ever after.
The End.
- The Demon & The Boy, A Children's Story Retold, based on a fairy tale of an earlier time. which was banned from circulation and the author executed for heretical crimes against King and Kingdom and Humanity. The few known copies to exist were put under heavy restrictions in the highest libraries of the human kingdoms.

Nation: The Great Plains

Magic User? : Y
Celestial or Infernal magic, or both? In a way, both
Magic Power: 2 (Jezebeth has no magical talent whatsoever - it is already surprisingly that she knows a trick or two, considering that her profession does not mandate it)
8 (Ushael is a being of great magic - capable of matching many Angel or Archmage in its use)
Magic Mastery: 3 (She knows barely anything about magic, and the magic she already uses are more instinctual than based on knowledge)
9 (Having centuries of experience and some training in the use of magic makes it second nature to Ushael.)
Heal Disability: Strangely, Jezebeth is unable to master the ability to heal, as is required of paladins. However, she is allowed to ascend to the position of paladin due to her abilities and achievements. Her rivals whisper that she is tainted by some contract with a demon, which also explains her incredible beauty.

Flare: Even more strangely, Jezebeth is capable of conjuring fire. However, this is in a limited fashion, but enough to startle enemies and send them rolling, or to quick-start a campfire or sabotage by arson. However, it tires her easily. The order's mages explained it away as a latent magical gift.

Demon-Sense: Mages are unable to explain this, but Jezebeth is able to sense demons from a fair distance. Demons find it hard to ambush her, or hide from her while on the chase.

Scarless: Somehow, scars on her body seem to disappear after months. Mages thought it to be linked to her latent magical talent, but her more daring opponents cry that it is indisputable evidence that she is a witch!

As a demon, Ushael is 'blessed' with magic twice over, having in her grasp both demonic powers which she is borned with and honed over the millenia, and aptitude in the arcane, though the latter will never reach the same heights as what Elves could achieve.

Unnatural Beauty: Her unnatural beauty could turn aside a hundred spears and swords that only a champion of chastity could even attempt to overcome. In whatever forms she take, this unnatural beauty would emanate. While diminished in a deep disguise, it is by no means dissipated - such is the power of her beauty.

Empath: Ushael is able to directly read faint glimmers of a person's emotions, aiding her in innumerable tasks.

Seduction & Corruption: Ushael could control men, and sometimes even women, by turning their brilliant (or not so brilliant) mind against them or exposing their greatest weaknesses like open wounds. She could turn them inside out, psychologically, twist them into a shadow of their former selves to better serve her needs. She achieves this not just with cunning and intelligence, but with her unnatural demonic allure and corrupting demonic essence.

Mind Manipulation: Ushael knows a handful of arcane spells to affect the mind of her victims, allowing her to stricken them with lethargy, confusion, even amnesia, insanity and paralysis, but the greater the effect, the more arcane power is required.

Drain Magic/Will: A common ability that Ushael shares with other Succubus is her ability to drain energy and magic from those with who she fornicates. Even a caress or a kiss, or other more intimate gestures could do this - though the amount drained would not be much. It is in the actual act of intercourse that would leave her unwitting victim nearly dried out, exhausted or in the case of the likes of mages, nearly powerless.

Ushael is unable to help but to drain magic and strength, and could only 'hold back' and leech less form her victim.

However, taking on a deep disguise of actual flesh and blood would diminish this ability drastically, such that the sensations of her kiss or caresses would only feel as if much more electric and disarming, taking away nearly nothing, and maintaining the disguise. Even sexual intercourse would leave her partner mostly fine - a little tired but satisfied.

Dread Fire: The Manipulation of fire. Not Ushael's main power, but like all demons, she could command it up to a certain level of adeptness. Firing jets or orbs of fire, spreading existing fire, but nothing too destructive.

Detect Magic: Ushael is able to see things on the magical plane - from magical energy to traps and spells.

Shapeshift: As for her other abilities, what characterises her best is her ability to shapeshift, take on the appearance of someone other than herself. This has limits, however, as she couldn't be too much smaller or bigger than her original size. Powerful magic or divine intervention could force her to return to her original form.

Rebirth: Unlike most Succubus, however, Ushael has mastered this ability to such a degree that she could, if she wants, manifest her disguise to be far more than skin-deep, squeezing her real form into a higher dimension and layering real flesh and blood over. The cost is enormous, however: It will always result in amnesia, and her demonic powers would be gone. Again, this has limits. Some demonic energies or essence will still leak out, and some of the better mages and priests could still detect her. If it isn't for her amulet, she would have been found out a long time ago.

It is only upon the death of her deep disguise that the Rebirth will be undone. Ushael will return to the physical plane in a shower of blood and gore as she discards the skin and flesh of her former shell. In this state, she is most vulnerable as she will be very disoriented, as it will take time for her memories, her abilities and original personality to return. Even walking will be difficult as she would have likely not moved on hooves for a long time.

Combat Prowess: 7 (Though Jezebeth knows how to handle herself, her specialisation as a demon hunter, banisher of all things dark and criminals will ensure that she is never the best)
7 (Ushael is known more for her infernal magic than her prowess in combat, but she doesn't shy away from it either.)
Jezebeth fights not like the stereotypical hard-headed and brute strength of a Knight, but with agility, lithe grace and a little roguish misdirection and guile. This, combined with her shield and lightened full platemail armour, gives her a great degree of flexibility and versatility. However, she is surprisingly weak if she is forced to fight like a dismounted knight, with sword and shield in a static, defensive position. She is at her best while on the move.

Before melee is joined, she has her crossbow. If given time, she could shoot off a few bolts. At the start of combat, she will usually begin as a typical knight, with sword and shield and defensive posture. This, she reasons, is so that the enemy would not be alerted since it does not give away her more lethal techniques. Should the enemy persist, she will switch to her true self: a sword dancer who utilises speed and nimbleness, skill and precision to gain the upper hand rather than raw defensive power.

She shows great skill in most weapons, a product of her character and the tough training that the Guardian Knights are known for. However, she favours her sword most of all, and swords of many kinds, be they single-handed or two-handed.

She is especially good at fighting demons, having found some kind of a natural flair for it to the point that it seems uncanny. She is able to predict their moves in and out of battle. With the training of the Guardian Order bestowed upon her and the experiences she has gained in serving with them in ridding the world of demons, she has developed a reputation in the Great Plains, to a lesser extent in other regions, and even amongst demons.

While Ushael is better known for her abilities to influence, manipulate and have her way in the bedroom, she is no pushover when she has to fight. Just by being a demon, she is guaranteed to be stronger, tougher, faster and more agile than the average man. Those muscles, while toned and nothing extreme, aren't just for show. This is in addition to the fact that she is resistant to the heat of fire.

In combat, Ushael prizes grace, agility, speed and skill above the mere application of brutish force. Every move she makes has a purpose, and is executed with precision and skill. Despite her preference for elegance, Ushael does not lack in strength and toughness. Her moves are best described as serpentine and somewhat theatrical: fast and confusing. Deadly.

As a demon, she can take hits like the best of humanity, and still keep going. Many a challengers had called her names and mocked her lady-like grace and frame and not lived to tell the tale.

Every part of her body is a weapon, from her hooves at the end of her powerful horse-like legs to her spiny wings, her whip-like tail (which has its uses), to her sharp claws and ornate and many-pointed gauntlets, to even her horns and teeth. She has little need for weapons like swords and spears and daggers, preferring to get up close and personal just as she enjoys doing so in another sort of tussle. However, she will lay her hands on any weapons if she anticipates enough difficulty.
Fame/Wealth: 8 (Jezebeth is more famous than she is rich, so she is equally likely to deal in favours as much as coins)
7 (While Ushael possesses almost no material wealth as a member of the Infernal races, having avoided contact with her own kind for centuries, her terrible reputation makes up for it as she could use it to get what she wants)
As a member of an order of demon hunters, she isn't poor, but neither is she filthy rich. She will be able to eat good meals and have proper quarters but she won't be living like a queen anytime soon.
However, she has gained much fame for herself for defeating a good number of stray demons and other assorted filth. She is known in and around her city and have even been invited by royalty to wine and dine with them. And other things.

Strategy: 5 (Jezebeth is a member of an order of knights, and command abilities are a must. However, she still has much to learn in terms of moving large bodies of soldiers)
3 (Ushael has always been a free agent who does whatever she pleases, however she wants to and whenever she wants to. She doesn't so much command as manipulate. She doesn't inspire confidence and bravery but inflicts fear and seduction.)
Jezebeth is more warrior than general, but she has fulfilled roles in armies up to the lieutenant level, so she knows something about commanding anywhere between one other man to a hundred others.

Intelligence: 7 (Jezebeth is smart enough to outwit some of the most devious demons, though some of it is down to her natural talent in demon hunting and experience. She's smarter than average but no genius.)
9 (Ushael would give Machiavellian a fright for what she could do to people when she manipulates them. Having manipulated, deceived, misdirected and seduced her way from the Harem of a Demon overlord to his army, to the lands of the Celestial and Neutral races, then as artificial members of those races, thinking is like breathing to her.)

Extra: "Fumes forced me to do this!" :D

Mundane Skills
First-Aid: What Jezebeth lacked in healing magic, she tries to make up for with triage, bandages and medicine. As a paladin, she is trained in the latest of medicine, and she has gotten very competent through battles and humanitarian missions.

Horse-Riding: As a knight and paladin, Jezebeth knows how to ride a horse and take care of it.

Charisma: Her origin is most interesting and her heroic exploits, rise to fame and station, and morality hasn't gone unnoticed, so she is usually able to get things done her way. That said, people do say that she has a silver tongue, and some of the more daring of gents reported that she has certain... feminine wiles. Her detractors concur most vehemently.

Demon Slayer: While fighting demons, Jezebeth often finds that she is able to predict their moves and anticipate their tactics better than anyone else. Most people puts it down to talent and experience.

Knightly Conduct: Jezebeth knows how to conduct herself in high society.

Torturer: As a Paladin of the Guardian Order, Jezebeth has some... prior experiences in the field of torture. While she wasn't the chief torturer and interrogator and didn't last long in the position, she has gained some insights into how to make someone talk.

Regeneration: As an icon of sinful beauty, Ushael is able to regenerate herself until not even a tiny spot of scar remains. Even lost limbs and appendages could be grown back, though it will take weeks.

Persuasive: Ushael knows how to talk her way out, and sway people to her will, combined with her less mundane ability to attract people to her side.

Courtesan: Before Ushael had decided to live amongst mortals as one of them, she had served as a courtesan and concubine to an overlord. She has centuries of experience in overwhelming the senses of a person in lustre and delight and... carnal pleasures.

Infiltration: Ushael knows the head and tail of going to places where she is absolutely unwanted, becoming people she absolutely isn't, and destroying or taking things that shouldn't be destroyed or displaced.

Assassin: And to make things worst, her abilities make her a natural at killing people who should absolutely still be breathing.

Torturer: When one knows pleasure, one knows pain. Before and after Azarath had put his mark on the world, Ushael is well-versed in the art of pain and making one scream... Sometimes to worm some sliver of information out of a person, and sometimes for fun.

Last edited:
Name: Virex (The Gray. The NPC)
Race: Grey
Appearance:
لبيبثبقق.jpg

Virex stands at exactly 6'0, no more, no less. His skin is gray, his eyes have no pupils, and are all black. His body is skinny and frail, and looks far too fragile to support his large head that is balanced on a stick of a neck. His ears are nothing but holes in the sides of his head. His arms are long, having a total wingspan of 7 feet. He has 4 fingers. No thumbs, and has 3 toes. He frequently wears a bland gray robe that covers his arms and legs, and leaves nothing but his head and neck exposed.

Personality:

"It's scary..that..thing..it just stared at us blankly. We were scared. It knew it! I knew it I tell you...he didn't care. He just...killed everyone. He doesn't have any regards for morals, personal values. He doesn't care that we have families. It's unfeeling! It's just a hollow, gray shell of a being. He kept that stare, his all black eyes trained on me. I think it let me live on purpose. But why?"

Virex, like all Greys show no outward emotion ever, and hardly ever speaks. He recognizes the fact that every other race is afraid of things that they do not know about. So he hides away most of the time, being secluded, he's lost whatever manner of morals he used to have. There's no personality for Virex simply because he's unfeeling. There's nothing to draw a personality from. Though, one behavior pattern can be noted, and that's the reluctance to ever fight.

Biography:
Very, very little is known about Virex. Even Virex knows little of his own origin. To him, he was always alive, and was always a Grey, lacking any purpose in his life. He was never born, and he hasn't died. He's not even sure if he can. Most of his time is spent just the same as other Grey's, defending the Gray Quarter. This is where the very controversial topic of whether or not an Elven army 10,000 strong was actually wiped out. It was Virex who did it, and the event was very much real. He had simply killed them off by making them think they were dead.

Being the first Gray to do so, he left the Gray Quarter and spends a lot of his time on the western coast of Zune, where the Badlands and Infernal lands meet each other and constantly engage each other in fighting. Virex spends his time here studying the many types of creatures he can find in Zune. Virex isn't even his name.

Nation: Gray Quarter

Magic User? : Y
Grey Magic

Magic Power: 8
Compared to most other Grey's, Virex is but a mere child who could hardly hold a candle to one of their best. But still, even then, his mind and what he can do with it is far beyond Celestial confrontation, and if he really wanted to, all he has to do is think that Zune never existed, and, the world would confine to his thoughts and Zune and it's people would cease to exist. But that's not his goal. His magic is actually just the shear power of what his mind could do. If he so pleases, he can think that you're dead, and despite you be alive and healthy, you would die. This is a small taste of what stronger Grey's can do, however.
Magic Mastery: 10
Still, even if the power of his mind isn't as strong as other Grey's, he's learned to make do with the power that he does have, and learned to get good at it over the very, very long time that he's lived.

Combat Prowess: 10
His only weapon is his mind, and he knows how to use his mind better than anyone else. He doesn't need to use his fists, or a sword to fight when he can think you out of existence.

Fame/Wealth: 10/0
He doesn't have a lot of wealth. No Grey does, though if he wanted it, he could surely have it. But wealth isn't what he wants, though, he became a legend or myth told to scare Elven children when he killed an army of 10,000 strong when certain Elves got too close to the Gray Quarter. The wreckage of ships and bits of armor can still be found at the bottom of the body of water that separates Zune and the Gray Quarter.

Strategy: 0
With the power Virex has, he doesn't need any sort of strategy.
Intelligence: 10
All Grey's are brilliant. All of them know the exact same things without being exactly like a hivemind. Whenever a Grey learns something new, they immediately share it with other Greys via telepathy. Through the years that Virex has lived, many new discoveries have been learned, and when they were discovered, he was automatically enlightened.

Extra: Hah. I can't force myself to do anything!

orc resized 2.png

• Name: Kuruz Stonebrow
    (Blademaster)

Race: Orc

Appearance:
    Kuruz is a veritable monster of a man, standing at nearly seven feet tall with the weight to match. His build is perhaps most easily described as "burly" as he possesses wide shoulders and a chest that doesn't fall short. His jawline is strong and square, though such a thing isn't uncommon, and short black hair lines it on either side to contrast against his otherwise dull green skin. His forearms are particularly thick and powerful, typical of someone who wields such weapons, and his hands are very defined. Several small scars line his face, though it appears that most of his injuries have been under the arms and along his shoulders. Both sides of his head are kept clean shaven while a strip of thick hair runs across the top of his head, tied up in the back in what looks more like a short, bushy foxtail rather than a ponytail.

He's often seen dressed in armor of varying construction, favoring limited use of plates in the most vital areas and thick padding in places where mobility is favored (such as the joints). He wraps his hands tightly and wears somewhat loose cloth around his legs for comfort, binding them at his ankles and waist in order to stop them from hindering him and allow for protection to be worn. His neck and shoulders are frequently decorated with various beads, ropes, and small trophies or souvenirs that he's found along his travels. By all means his armor is dull, yet there's one feature of it that can really be considered striking: his mask. In battle, Kuruz dons a lacquered wooden mask of sturdy construction which has been crafted specifically for his face. It bears a straining, snarling monster's face with many small meticulous details having been cut into it such as wrinkles above the nose and brow along with lines tracing the cheeks. Next to where his real sharpest teeth can be seen are two large tusks that curve upward and away from his mouth on both sides. The base of the mask is painted white with strokes of colored paint contrasting with each other on opposite sides. While it has several scratches on the surface, it's clear this item is well maintained.

His favored colors are an olive green not far from the tone of his skin, and a rusty red.​

Race: Orc (orc-elf hybrid)
Appearance: 5'11, 168 lbs
1378811145950.jpg

Personality: The spoiled younger sister of three battle eager brothers, and legends for parents. Besides her orcish tendencies of fighting,feasting and all other things orc she can be rather unexpected. She loves to dress up,flirt,and biggest aspirations is to fall in love with her “prince charming” and all the other princes girly yada yada. Of course no one is strong enough for her taste so until this happens she refuses lay down her blade for any reason. Despite the fact that she is use to getting everything her heart ever desired and loved by many in her home lands ,she can easily become insecure on the subject of beauty. Most orc women care more about strength and ability then beauty and elegance,but most orc’s do not have an half elf mother known for her beauty and exoticness. Kora does not take well to those poking fun at how she lacks in looks (from either an orc or a high elf standpoint)

Biography: Kori was a very beloved child and had the greatest pleasure at being the youngest of her siblings and the only girl. She was spoiled throughout her toddler years and it was just coming into young childhood she discovered she was different. It was known that she was not a full orc. The other orc children would always call her little bite or small jaw. She would run home crying to her mother,who was always so gentle with Kori, out of all her children,Kori took the most of her elvish features. Her father, on the other hand, was a firm believer in independence and tough love. Kori would have to face her childhood struggles on her own,without the aid of her family's name. Perhaps this wasn’t the best form of parenting, as Kori did learn to fight off her bullies, but never learned to be happy with herself. Most of that stems from her mother ignoring most of her elvish heritage.

Kori’s mother, Karahia, was a product of rape. She had never known her father except that he was an orc, and was hated by her mother. Besides this Karahia thought it best for Kori’s to meet her grandmother. They had traveled a great distance. After many days they had found themselves in territory of elves, The Great Forest. Her grandmother seem to accept Kori at first,but after three days her true intentions were relieved and she attempted to kill Kori. Using a magic unknown to her mother, Kori’s grandmother cursed her with a spell that would kill her from the inside out. Karahia’s half orc blood made her magical ability dwarfed compared to her mothers. She did have an affinity for perfection magic. Letting her lift curses both big,small,long lasting, or temporary. Whatever Karahia’s mother had done to Kori, it cost her half of her life to cast. Kori’s mother wasn’t able to life it, she went back to her mother pleading for her to fix the wrong she had done. All she found was her mother's corpse stabbed with her own hands, meaning whatever payment she used to cast the spell could not be taken back. Kori would never live past her childhood years.

She was taken back to the badlands. Her father became unable to tell her no, spoiling her with every plunder. Her eldest brother Kori’s mother knew the only way to lift the curse upon her beloved daughter was to combat it with something much stronger. Karahia’s mother had used only a portion of her life, Karahia was ready to give all of hers. Unfortunately this was not a sacrifice of equal trade. Making the hardest sacrifice a mother could make Kaharia killed her first born to trade for her only daughters life. Not only did this twisted betrayal save Kori’s life, but it gave her gifts that would alter her life forever.
Occupation: Armed Escort. She protects people who wish to travel from across the land.
Nation: Badlands (but her work takes her to many places)

Magic User? : Yes. Celestial.

Magic Power: 7

Magic Mastery: 1
Her organs can ‘take more’. Her lungs,skin,stomach,hair,ect. Make her an evolutionary miracle. In other words she has a very very high resistance. Even attacks on the mind.
Just using her will power she can physically overcome intense pain and damage. She has no actual way to control this and never knows when it is actually happening if it happens. Out of ignorance she calls it her "inner light"

Combat Prowess: 7

Fame/Wealth: 5
Her name is quite renowned for those looking to flee, or travel without an overbearing number of guards. With no other exception , her name does not travel far outside of badlands, and her family reputation strikes either fear or admiration depending on who hears it. Her family’s wealth has spoiled her, but she prefers the collections of trinkets and treasures over currency.

Strategy: 6
Kori has a very barbaric fighting style due to her training being hand to hand (she just incorporates weapons) She prefers to take the hit to get a better shot than to bother herself with dodging. Kori I isn’t just some axe wielding maniac. She might not be able to sneak attack or dodge, but she is very skilled in blocking and counter attacks. One’s best bet is to attack from afar or outsmart her.
Intelligence: 4. She is good at what she does, nothing more. ( navigation, hunting, living off the land)

Extra: "Fumes forced me to do this!"

Weaknesses:She not invincible,she just restant. She can take a hit,doesn’t mean it won’t hurt. She heals slowly taking twice as long than other orcs. Her “inner light” requires a strong will,which she has. But any lost of will and could weaken her ability. Plus depending on what it is her will power might not be strong enough to overcome her injuries.

Last edited:

• stick-sama-sacrificial-by-trixsama-dbxghtj.jpgName|| Kindra 'Kara' Vandas
    Age|| 40
    Race|| Angel
    Appearance|| Kara looks sufficiently mesmerizing enough to most of her enemies, standing at 5'11". Most don't believe her when she states her true age looking like she's in her mid 20's Kara doesn't sound or looks like she's a day older than 23 and it doesn't look like she's going to be aging any time soon. She has a rather curvy yet slim figure. Though she initially had short hair, she had long since grown it out due to her rising rank. The color of her hair has long been compared to flames it has brought her great advantages and disadvantages not a common color for her race to possess. Her strangely greenish blue eyes seem to be painted with much definition. Her features based on her mood can seem quite sharp and unlike most angels who possess god like features which cause others not to take them seriously.

Her unique fashion taste has many in awe even when in battle she can't help but find or make a befitting attire with both the ability to move easily while protecting he. Kara can be seen constantly taking care of herself and her image although she isn't afraid to get dirty and forget her image when needed.

Occupation|| (General of an army? Farmer? Legendary Swordsman?)
    Nation|| Land of Angels

cecilia-gf-carmen.jpgName: Gwen 'Beastie' Tutil
Race: Human
Appearance: Gwen is traditionally beautiful, taking after her mother's family with her high cheekbones, vivid blue eyes, and thick brown hair. As she has grown up, her figure has been described as tall, graceful and womanly. Standing at 5'7 she looks vulnerable and gives off a warm vibe. Gwen is very slim almost looking breakable. At times she has been described as a bit chubby by her father.
Nation: Badlands

0'.gifPersonality: Beastie is kind, gentle, sweet and innocent. She was almost always happy. She is also brave, curious and cheerful. She's slightly naïve, and is always looking for the best in everyone and means the best of intentions. Although she tends to have very bad luck Gwen has this optimistic side of her that's always there.
People have noticed her to be always smiling or just generally in a happy mood. Her father has mentioned that even though Gwen has appeared open yet she tends to bottle up her emotions.Don't be mistaken Gwen is anything but elegant growing up surrounded by only two male humans and a half-orc had its downfalls. She will eat like a man and will sit like an Orc mind you this is unintentional and comes naturally. She tends to follow others blindly trusting others almost instantly. When Gwen's upset it's almost like nothing can bring her back one things for sure she can hold a grudge like no other. You know you messed up when she cries mostly because she never does unless something terrible has happened. Her father is terrified of his daughter's sadness and he has been the only one to experience it.
Biography: Gwen's mother, Sara gave birth to Gwen in the great plains dying right after leaving her husband and daughter in harsh conditions. Gwen's father not being able to provide for his daughter traveled to the Badlands where his brother was residing; a farmer by the name of Gandalf. Gandalf was married to a half-orc who was tasked with taking care of her niece and raising her as her own while her father tried to find a job. While the search for a job Gwen was left in the company of her 'siblings' who at times bullied her for not being able to do things that they could do. By the time Gwen turned 4 it was clear that she was weaker to most humans in terms of health. Her body had a negative reaction to cold weather causing her to be paralyzed although it seemed serious as long as she was buckled up it wouldn't affect her.

Gwen was quickly known in the neighborhood as beastie an ironic name really. She thought it didn't suit her but once she grew her nickname only became more fitting. To help her still struggling young father beastie began working in a tavern setting tables and washing dishes but her endless working didn't help her or her father. Thus she began practicing magic although she didn't use it for her job which was telling peoples future for giving them advice she enjoyed it. And once she got the hang of it (somewhat) she began using it to advance her work. In no time Gwen became known for her magic by mostly women whos gossip spread like wildfire. Her accuracy and alchemy truly helped other women that and she was one of the cheapest 'witches'.

Magic User? : Yes
Celestial or Infernal magic: Celestial

Magic Power: 9
Gwen worked under a proffeser who didn't engage in the act of magic but taught it and knew more than he did using it. He was a family firend and visted often slowly he was introduced to Gwen at the age of 10 seeing as she was a bright child. Gwen's mother also used to use magic at a very young ago.
Magic Mastery: 7

Combat Prowess: 4
Gwen can fight although her conscience isn't an easy thing to get over. Living with her aunt she was encouraged to fight and carrying an ax around wasn't hard but the swinging of the ax was harder for her. Beastie is most skilled with a bow and arrow than anything. She tends to never miss a shot unless the enemy is moving at an unimaginable speed. (ie: vampire)
Fame/Wealth 4
Beastie is currently living with her aunt and uncle with her father. She has been one of the providers although currently, they aren't struggling they aren't in a happy place either. She chooses where to spend her money wisely and knows the true value of a single penny. (if that's what they called it back then)
Strategy: 1
Hasn't really been introduced to this and doesn't know the basics of it.
Intelligence: 2
Beastie has never been the one to think before she does things or even questions a person's intentions. Even her reading skills are a bit damp she has trouble pronouncing certain words and can't even read simple directions. Imagine not being able to spell or write your name.
Extra: Fumes forced me
Has heart problems can't breathe when in shock

Last edited:
crown_and_wizard_by_sandara-db7xb03.jpg

Name
Arkos Kallrax (Of the Black Tower)

Race
Human

Appearance
Arkos is never what people expect. Everyone expects him to be some tall, pale and thin man with flowing white hair and a skull like face, sometimes, he is almost sad to disappoint them. No, Arkos is not what people expect when they hear 'Nercomancer', instead, he looks much like one would expect a normal mage to appear as, which, in his opinion, should be obvious as he was once a member of the Celestial Arcanium, a college of wizards specializing in astral magic. Instead of being tall and gaunt, he is of average height, standing roughly 5'11 and of average weight, with a ruddy complexion, although he is on the thinner side as he will often forget to eat. He has a strong brow and nose, thin lips above a strong jaw that is covered with a dark, thick beard that has numerous flecks of gray running through it. His auburn hair is cropped short and the gray is starting to become more and more noticeable in it, especially, at his temples. Arkos' almond eyes are a deep brown, his wife used to say she could lose herself in them, but she always did have a flair for the dramatic. His arms are strong and his hands deeply calloused for, after all, he was an archaeologist and did spend a lot of his time digging, exploring ancient ruins and handling tools just as often as he spent huddled up in a cozy study reading by the fireplace.

Yes, if anything is surprising about his appearance, it is how.. surprisingly dull and normal he appears. As for clothing, he tends to wear his old Arcanium robes, a deep blue with gold trim that is common for their order. Most are still in good condition, although some have started to fray from time and use. He does have his share of scars, mostly hidden by his robes, the only truly noticeable one that many would see is the deep scar over his left brow that cuts through his eyebrow, a gift by a rather zealous knight who tried to make a name from his hide. A truly 'normal' appearing man, his reputation is far more intimating then he, himself, is.

Personality
Obsessed || Inquisitive || Melancholic || Morbid || Distant

To say Arkos is obsessed is an understatement. Everything Arkos does, everything he aspires to be or do, is all towards one goal, and one goal only, the resurrection of his daughter, Mira. The task consumes his mind, and it is a rare day if his mind does not latch onto his doomed quest for its entirety. This quest is everything to him, without it, he is a broken shell of a man clinging onto his sanity amidst the land of the dead. This task, to him, validates everything he has done and validates anything he will do to achieve it, to bring her back to him. Arkos would let the world burn, let thousands die in flames if it meant he could bring her back because, as far as he is concerned, a world that does not let a father bring back his daughter deserves to burn. This obsession gives him an almost superhuman will and drive to succeed, but it also blinds him to the danger and horrors he can do and makes him incredibly narrow-visioned and easily manipulated into doing the deeds of others. Mind, while he believes he is validated in doing what he is doing to bring her back, he knows that bill must be paid, his actions have consequence. Once she is back in his arms again, once she takes her first breath of life, he knows his time will come, time to pay his dues, time to answer for his crimes... but as long as he can hear her speak once again, even for a moment, it is a payment he is willing to make.

Being a wizard, and a man of learning, Arkos has always had an inquisitive mind, he loves to learn and observe. He loves nothing more then to lose himself in study or in ancient ruins thinking about the lives of the people before him, their hopes and dreams, their desires and what they must have been like. Arkos is also inquisitive about people, if someone wishes to talk about themselves, he will listen just because he enjoys learning. He may not be interested in them, or even remember their name or story, but he still loves that act of discovery. This can make people uncomfortable as Arkos has no qualms asking questions that some may find inappropriate or ill-timed and some will find his watchful eyes uncomfortable as they try to peel back their secrets and it is unfathomable to most that his interest and curiosity is merely for the sake of curiosity and nothing more. The most secretive and hidden the person, the more of an interest he will take as there are few things he loves more then puzzles.

Being the obsessed being he is, he tends to suffer from severe melancholy. It is not unusual for him to stop whatever he is doing as his mind drifts off to memories of the best, to better times. It can be incredibly inconvenient at times when he stares of into space, losing himself in the process for minutes, sometimes hours, at a time, but it is hard to return to the present when the past is so much better. This habit of his mind wandering has only reinforced the distant feel about him as it is hard to feel close to someone when they stare off into space, no longer listening or paying them attention or feel like they are staring a hole into their very being, when, in truth, their mind is recalling the first time he saw his wife. Even when this is not happening, however, few tend to find his present comfortable as Arkos has a rather morbid humor. He has been around death so much that it is no longer taboo to him, and it isn't uncommon for him to make rather out of place, or crude, jest about the situation or others. It is a humor most do not appreciate, but if someone says one back, it will usually bring out some sort of smile from him because it is a link of human contact that he doesn't often get and no matter what anyone says, or whatever happens, humans always crave some form of connection with others for they are, after all, social creatures which he does not get much of as he is rather distant. His distance is both intentional and a symptom of what, and who, he is. He is a feared necromancer, obsessed with collecting ancient artifacts for a purpose no one knows of, who often gives deathly stares to those who speak to him as if always trying to uncover their secrets who seems to have no humanity left or tact as he makes jokes about the recently dead and feels as cold as the death he uses... To say he has no real 'friends' or even 'accomplices' would be accurate. But this is not so different from before as he was never much of a people person to begin with, always find more comfort in books then people.

Biography
Arkos was a common young mage, brash, intelligent and eager to explore the world. He spent most of his life in the college learning or with his mentor exploring old ruins and excavation sites. It wasn't until he was in his early twenties that he met her, Rosaline, a local who took a rather dour look upon their excavations disturbing their ancestors. Well, they got along like oil and water. Whenever they met, they fought and argued, always an explosive meeting regardless of where it was. It was in the middle of one of these great spats that Arkos came to a startling revolution, he was in love with this fiery woman who brightened up his days and filled it with passion, and in the middle of an argument over the preservation of history, he blurted out his new discovery much to her surprise. The were married two months later.

Married life was... good, they both shared similar interest in history and learning and she quickly left her family profession of baker and joined her husband on his journeys around the world, learning of the past. Together, they grew as people and she became pregnant. The day of Mira's birth would be the happiest and saddest day of his life. Rosa tore during childbirth and bled out before she was even able to hold her child, fresh with the pain of losing his wife, and the weight of his daughter in his arms, Arkos was torn asunder. Years passed and he came to terms with being a single parent.. and his daughter became his whole world. At only 8, and he was 33, she seemed to be a genius, but then he did see her through rose tinted glasses. He would take her on trips with him, exploring and learning, but just as life started to be sweet again, so too did it turn sour. She went to sleep and did not wake up again. No matter who he took her to, mages, apothecaries, renown surgeons, they could offer no solutions for him. It was as if her soul had simply left her body. She was 'there', yet not 'there'. Lost in anger and depression, something.. called to him. A distant voice, almost like a woman's voice, beckoned him, and he followed. Deep within the last set of ruins he had been exploring, he found a room with a large glass sarcophagus lay, inscribed with an ancient tongue he had never seen before, and on it, a single leaf of paper. When he touched the paper, he was met with two realizations, the paper was made of flesh and the second was that he 'knew'. He knew what this paper was. What that sarcophagus was. What his purpose was. How to save Mira. It was as if a door had opened in his mind, unleashing a torrent of knowledge and truth. The sarcophagus was Hers. He did not know Her name, but he knew what She was. The First. The one who created necromancy, the one who sought to triumph over death and, more importantly, control life. This single page was one of many, a part of the great tome She had created to house her knowledge. The power to control life and death, the power to save Mira. All he had to do was find more pages, find the answer, and the sarcophagus would help. She had used it as a resting place, it bent the flow of time, anything within it would remain untouched by space and time, be preserved. Taking it all, he put Mira inside of it, sealing her away in time until he could gather the pages, until he could save her.

It has been four years since that day, Arkos has managed to gathered eight of the pages, in time, he has become known as 'Arkos of the Black Tower' as the necromanctic power has turned the stones of his old home black, a sickness that seems to have spread throughout the very foundations. He abandoned his college, his old peers, and embraced this new magic. Arkos now acts as a mercenary, hiring out his services to the nearby nations in return for supplies, coin and, most importantly, information on the location of the other pages. While he is a threat and seen as corrupt and even evil by some, he has endured because he is just powerful enough to be not worth the effort eradicating him would take and just useful enough to be kept around. Recently, he has been hired to serve as a 'representative' for humanity, but in truth, he is only serving the interest of the nation that hired him [would totally like a list of nations within the Great Plains] and, in return, they will give him a page of the Black Tome. He was chosen because he was loyal to his contract, and that page meant more to him then any 'power' that could be gained form being a representative and, Arkos, himself is powerful enough to act as a source of pride and display of the nation's strength.

Occupation
Mercenary/Archaeologist

Nation
The Great Plains

Magic User
Arkos knows both Celestial and Infernal magic, although his connection to Celestial magic has been greatly weakened due to his heavy usage of Infernal magic. His infernal magic is entirely based in Necromancy and his Celestial magic was based more on.... the Celestial Arcane, calling forth the power of the heavens in the form of wind and lightning, as well as the study of the heavens, often referred to as astronomy or astral magic.

Magic Power
Celestial [Celestial Arcane] (5), his power has been greatly diminished with in.
Infernal [Necromancy] (8), his power was never this great before, before discovering pages of the black tome, he would have been a seven. His power had always lay more in his command and skill with the arcane, not in brute force, but the pages of the black tome have been subtlety enhancing his power.

Magic Mastery
Celestial [Celestial Arcane] (8), his power has diminished, but his knowledge in the field has not. He was once considered something of an expert before he started to tread down a darker path.
Infernal [Necromancy] (8), while he has spent less time learning Necromancy, and there are far less 'centers for study' compared to other forms of magic, the pages have taught him much as they whisper their secrets into his mind.

Combat Prowess
Ranged Combat (1), he has never shot a bow or crossbow in his life. He assumes a crossbow would be easier, but the extent of his knowledge is 'point and click'.
Martial Combat (1), he has never truly used a martial weapon, like a sword, spear or axe, so he has no real skill in it outside of knowing the basics, 'stick them with the pointy end'.
Staff/Scythe (4), he knows how to thunk someone on the head and, due to having one and walking around with a staff for the majority of the day, knows how to comfortably hold it. But if he were to ever have to use it, Arkos would quickly die.

Misc.
Fame (8), he is the great necromancer of the plains, the lord of the black tower, he is rather well known.

Wealth (2), he does not have much in wealth. While he will often work as a mercenary for various nations, which pays incredibly well, all the coin he gets goes right back into his eternal search and research.

Strategy (7), he is an adept commander from experience alone. He has led small armies thanks to his.. abilities and has fought in his fair share of battles, as such, he knows a thing or two about warfare. He is not an expert nor is he even a superb commander, but he is a solid one.

Intelligence (7), Arkos is not a genius. He is not a master schemer or puppet master. He never has been. He was never an incredibly intelligent man, instead, he was dedicated. While he does 'know' quite a bit over a broad category, that knowledge was hard earned through study and not something anyone else couldn't replicate through dedication and study.

Extra
Fumes forced me to do this!

Spell Grimoire
His grimoire only contains his larger spells, smaller spells such as summoning a light source, won't be in it as those small incantations are not worth the ink.

Celestial Arcane
Birdspeak - Arkos can commune with birds and other 'servants of the air' such as air elementals, but he cannot control them. He can 'request' a bird speak to him, or reveal what it has seen or ask a boon from it, but he can not compel them to take action.

Clear Sky - He can clear the sky of clouds, the denser and harsher the weather, the more difficult it is to compel it. It would take some power, especially in his weakened state, to move clear an area of storm to stop the rain fall on the area he is at, for example. The movement of clouds is also incredibly unnatural and so it is very easy to see that someone is altering them. He cannot create storms.

Divination - Arkos can divine the location of items, however, he cannot see the item, will not know its exact position or where it is at, merely the 'direction' it is in. He needs to be very specific with the spell else it will point him to the closest thing that matches. If he were to try and divine a 'sword' it would point him to the nearest sword in his proximity, as such, he needs to envision the blade or make it very specific, 'The blade of Ragnos', will point him to the blade held by the person Ragnos. This divination is fairly weak and can be blocked by simple incarnations or wards. Any with enough magical skill will sense something near, or on them, is being tracked.

Lens on the Sky - This spell creates a disc that floats in front of Arkos, greatly magnifying his vision, akin to a telescope. It is often used by wizards of his kind to examine the stars, but Arkos has found it very useful in examining the landscape around him.

Lightning Bolt - This spell has two forms, the smaller form, acts as most people imagine a wizard's lightning bolt, flying forth from his hands to strike at the target. The other, known as Celestial Bolt, is much larger and strikes from the heavens to the earth devastating whatever is in its path. The second version requires a large amount of set-up and channeling time to use, it is also easy to spot as dark clouds will form in the sky before the bolt's descent.

Wind Blast - It does much as it sounds, sends out a cone of powerful wind to blow over people or deflect ranged weapons. The stronger, and heavier, the object, or person, the more likely they are to endure and resist the wind.

Lightning Storm - Summons a mighty thunder storm over an area, the lightning coming down to strike down those the wizard's detest. [Arkos cannot use this spell any longer. His connection to the Celestial has been too weakened to pull this off any longer, but he still does know the spell and it is still in his grimoire.]

Project Spirit - Arkos can detach his soul from his body, allowing his soul to explore the nearby lands. His body will fall to the ground and be left defenseless while he is doing this, his soul cannot break the laws of physics, as such, it cannot pass through walls or fly. As it is not 'really there', it cannot interact with the world such as opening doors. He can only hold this for so long. Any sufficiently powerful magic user can feel his spirit around, any trained in Celestial Arcane or in Necromancy, will be able to see and interact with his soul.

Starshine - A spell that can only be used at night and outside, Arkos can call down a ray of starlight to brighten the area and path before him. This spell will dispel most illusion magic or magic that has 'darkened' the area.

Wings of Heaven - This spell used to be his favorite, it allowed strong Celestial Arcane mages to fly. Arkos is no longer a strong Celestial Arcane mage, therefor, he can no longer fly. He can 'float' a few feet off the ground and 'glide' down tall objects though.

Necromancy
Deathsight
- Arkos can see ghost, spirits and souls that are outside of their body.

The Animus Imprisoned - If someone has passed away very recently, Arkos can trap their soul into a vessel such as a vial or bottle. He needs to be close to their body to do this, as the body serves as an 'anchor' for their soul until it has moved on. Another Necromancer, or Arkos, can release this spirit back into the body if, for some reason, they could be brought back. If someone else were to open the bottle, the spirit will escape, but be aimless as it has no direction eventually driving itself insane and becoming a ghost or angry spirit.

Life’s End - One of the most potent acts of Necromancy, Arkos can 'force' the soul from someone, killing them. However, as the body acts as an 'anchor', anyone with a strong will can resist it and stop the spell from working (So, any player characters and important NPCs).

Blessing of Eternal Rest - Arkos can 'bless' a body to rest eternally. If this spell is cast on the body, the body will never be able to be risen up by any necromancy or magic. He has cast this only once, on the grave of his wife.

Death’s Door - Arkos' command of the dead is potent enough that he can stall his own if needed. If he takes wounds that would kill him, he can force his body to keep going despite being on the brink of death. This spell does not heal him, if he does not get healed (and depending on the wound that may become impossible), he will die when his stamina fails.

Death’s Messenger - Arkos can prey upon the instinctual fear of death others have, using this spell to intimate those of weak will into doing his bidding.

Death’s Release - As many of the undead creatures are sentient, Arkos can force it to confront its state. Confront the monster it has become and its own reality, unless the creature has a strong sense of self or immense willpower, it will release the creature from its binds to the world, letting it pass to the other world in peace. It is particularly effective against ghost and spirits.

Final Words - Arkos can commune with the recently departed, even if their soul has already left the bounds of this world. The spirit, in no way, is compelled to answer him or his questions.

Reaping Scythe - He can manifest a sytche in his hands. The blade will spring out from the staff he holds, as it is made of pure magical energy, it will pass through most armors unhindered. However, as he isn't much of a fighter, this is more a tactic of intimidation or desperation then anything.

Steal Life - Arkos can 'steal' the life of other creatures and use it to heal and restore himself. He must be in physical contact and the act of stealing life is a length one, so the being must be restrained or unable to defend itself. The stronger the creature, the more life that can be taken (he won't get much from, say, a rabbit).

Tide of Years - This spell an rapidly age mundane material. It will not work on magical weapons or armor, nor can it be used against living creatures, but if he were to, say, touch a door, he can cause the wood to age rapidly, decaying and rotting in minutes.

Hellish Vigour - Arkos can will the undead under his command to move with increased vigour. Some will regain the agility they had when living, others can become even faster then that, allowing them to contend better with the living.

Raise the Dead - As one would imagine, Arkos can raise the dead. He can raise them in two ways, mindless in which his magic is controlling their bodies and their soul and mind has not returned, this way is easier but these undead are far less effective or bring them back as sentient like most of the undead that walk the land. These undead are harder to control.

Spell of Awakening - With this Arkos can bring back the soul of a great hero and bind it to its body. The being will have all the same skills and knowledge of their past self. These undead are incredibly hard to control and incredibly rare. Arkos has never used this spell, himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back