• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: The Irish Mob - Bonus Scenes (Closed)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Bruce's House
~ London ~
July 5th 1980

Harper King
lili-reinhart-smile-nr.jpeg
Harper let out a breathless laugh, which echoed through the quiet house as he tried to grab her. She leaped out the door, hitting the sidewalk in her giant stride before practically having to skid to a stop at his car in order to avoid slamming into it. The laughter formed in her belly as she tried to catch her breath. "You're just complaining because your old age is finally starting to catch up with you, old man." Harper practically sang, her voice full of excitement, still winded as she watched with curiosity as he opened the door.

When her eyes spotted the pile of books they went wide, bouncing on the tip of her toes for a moment as she eyed them. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted him shoving something into his pocket, curiosity indeed peaking now. But she didn't say a word as he handed her half the stack of books. "Why, Mr. Gray, how you spoil me so!" She said, her mouth curving into a beautiful and light smile.

She looked over the books, peering at each title. He said he'd tried to come around me and Harper looked up from her half of the stack to give him a tilted grin. "Save me from my imminent solitude locked away in a house like some terrible fairytale. You are welcome around any time. I've got a book addiction as you know, clearly. You supply the books, I supply my presence." Harper said teasingly. "You are better company than my rowdy brothers, that's for sure...but you've always been that way."

Without overthinking about it, Harper reached on her tippy toes and kissed Jeremy's cheek lightly. "Thanks, Jerebear." She said as she pulled away, smiling as she looked at the books again, her cheeks suddenly turning pink as she realized what she had done. Clearing her throat, Harper looked up at him and met his eyes for a moment, "Sorry...that was...I don't know what that was." The woman said, "Now it's me who's not being very articulate." She laughed.

- END OF SCENE -​

Harper's first love...

PART 1:

Harper King
~ February 28th 1982 ~
Harper's 21st Birthday

images.jpegAfter a tame party with her family and family friends, Harper had been whisked away by her friends at her university for a proper party at the dormitories. The surprise party had completely lifted her spirits and she was planning on getting completely wasted. Karaoke was happening in one of the dorm rooms and dancing in the adjoining. Harper had been forced to take birthday shot after birthday shot and now she was just swaying by herself listening to someone sing a terrible version of Tiny dancer that reminded her an awful lot of Jeremy's Welcome home party 2 years prior. The crowd was singing with them, swaying to the beat as well as Harper had the biggest smile on her face.

"Is the birthday girl going to get up there and sing?" A woman's voice asked, causing Harper to side glance. The most beautiful woman she had ever seen was looking at her openly, smiling sweetly. "I don't really sing in public if I don't have to." Harper said softly. "But you can sing? Like you are good at it?" The mysterious woman asked and Harper looked at her and shrugged. "I wouldn't call myself the best there ever was, but I can certainly stay on pitch." The blonde murmured to which the brunette smiled, "I think I don't believe you." She challenged and Harper let out an open laugh. "What do I have to prove to a total stranger?" She asked and the brunette grinned, "What have you got to lose to prove it to me?" Harper was speechless then...unsure of what to say. No one had ever retorted back and made her speechless.

"So I take that as you are going to go next?" The brunette asked and Harper just scoffed, about to tell her that there was no way in hell she was going up there. But then the song ended and the brunette shouted, "IT'S THE BIRTHDAY GIRLS TURN!" The crowd of people cheered, now looking to Harper expectantly and the blonde paled. "N-No! I am n-" But the beautiful brunette had her hands on her shoulders pushing her towards the stage.

"Come one, Harper! I'll be right in the front! You don't have to look at anyone else but me!" This woman knew her name but Harper had no idea who she was. And here she was pushing her onto the stage. Her heart raced in her chest as she looked at everyone, the microphone whining slightly as she got closer to it. When prompted on what she wanted to sing, Harper told the person working the karaoke machine to put on anything by Queen. It was one of her favorite artists and she knew all the songs by heart.

The machine counted down and the familiar piano riff of Somebody to Love started to play, causing Harper to blush, looking down at that gorgeous brunette in the front who was all smiles as the crowd let out noises of approval, cheering as they swayed. Harper mouthed 'I hate you to the woman and she just gave her the most beautiful smile Harper had ever seen. Harper tentatively started to sing the first lyrics, her voice trembling slightly but managing to stay in perfect pitch.

Ooh, each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet
(Take a look at yourself) Take a look in the mirror and cry (and cry)
Lord, what you're doing to me? (Yeah, yeah)
I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord
Somebody (somebody), ooh, somebody (somebody)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?

She just stood there nervously getting through the first part of the song as she only stared at the brunette. The woman motioned for her to really get into it and Harper couldn't help but wonder who was she to turn down such a beautiful woman. In the second part she really got into it, moving her hips rhythmically as she pointed to the brunette with a smile. Harper couldn't help but sing with everything she had and the brunette seemed to be blown away by the range of her voice. A smug look appeared on Harper's face as she hopped down from the makeshift stage, walking around the woman and leaning against her as she sang.

As the song was coming to a close, the woman grabbed her hips and pulled her close. The microphone Harper had been holding slacked from her hand as the woman looked from her lips to her eyes.

(Find me somebody to love)
Find me somebody, somebody (find me)
Somebody, somebody to love (somebody to love)
Find me, find me, find me, find me, find me
Ooh, somebody to love (find me somebody to love)
Ooh (find me somebody to love)

Harper hadn't even realized that she had stopped singing, the crowd picking up the slack for her as the brunette nodded her head towards the exit. Harper quickly put down the microphone and the brunette took her hand, pulling her through the crowd as they continued to sing. It felt like a dream, a wonderful dream.

PART 2:
London
~ August 28th 1982 ~

original (2).gif
Harper had first loved Adeline in the Spring, having only caught her name after they had shared a bed together the night of her birthday. Never having been in love before, Harper wasn't sure if that was what it was. But...whenever she wasn't in the room, Harper yearned for her company. When she was in the room, her heart leaped out of her chest and she couldn't keep a smile off of her face. Anyone else in her life who she had been with had merely been fillers. Adeline was her kindred spirit in every sense of the word. She was the yin to Harper's yang.

In the summer, Harper had realized that they were destined for each other. She had been the one Harper had been searching for all of her life, the woman that would make her feel complete. By the end of the summer, Harper had begun to notice a change...something that she couldn't quite place. As they ate in her new apartment at the breakfast table, Harper kept looking to Adeline trying to read her thoughts. Out of the pair, Adeline always tended to wear her heart on her sleeve, an open book that Harper enjoyed reading just as much as she did her favorite novels.

"Ad? What is it, love? You hardly touched your food. You okay?" Harper then asked, unable to keep things quiet any longer. Adeline looked up at her with her soulful brown eyes, her gaze piercing and smothered with sadness. "It's nothing love. Just having an off day...that's all." The words sounded so final that Harper didn't push it, not wanting to get into an argument.

PART 3:
London
~ December 20th 1982 ~
depression-lili-reinhart.gifIn the fall, Harper still loved Adeline just as fiercely as she had in the spring and in the summer. The sadness she had seen in her girlfriend's eyes had disappeared and things had been back to normal. They were coming up on one year together after the new year and Harper had already been going over plans. Adeline had been staying with her folks for the holiday instead of with Harper like she normally did. Harper had been decorating her Christmas tree finally, having delayed it as she worked extra hours. It was all to buy Adeline a necklace Harper had seen her eyeing a few months back. It cost a pretty penny but Harper would buy her the moon and the stars if she desired it.

The knock on her door was unexpected, not having any plans for the company. Regardless she went to the door and opened it. Adeline stood in tears, her nose pink from the cold and crying as Harper beckoned her inside quickly. "What happened, darling!? Who's ass do I need to kick?" Harper asked quickly, "You are as cold as ice." She said, her hands already trying to warm her up as she led her to the living room. Elvis Presley's I'll be home for Christmas was playing on the radio as she knelt in front of Adeline on the floor. The brunette's eyes were cast down, her face hidden by her beautiful dark hair.

"I told them." She finally choked out and Harper tensed. Adeline's parents were heavily religious. They had only thought of Harper and her as friends...then again so did her own family. Harper hadn't told her family for different reasons...but homophobia was the theme regardless. "They told me not to come for Christmas, my own family Harp, I can't be with my family on Christmas." Adeline cried out and Harper sat up to wrap her arms around her. "We can have our own Christmas, Santa Claus, cheesy movies, eggnog, the whole thing. Please don't cry, Ad. We can figure this out...you shouldn't care what they think." Adeline then tensed and pushed Harper away roughly.

"We all can't be Harper Elizabeth King! Some people actually care what others think, especially those who they love." That comment stung so bad that Harper flinched. "I'm not asking you to be me, Adeline! And you don't think I care what my family thinks? Do you believe me to be that crass?" Harper snapped back, her teeth clenching."But isn't our love enough to look past all of that? I love you, shouldn't that be the only thing that matters?" Adeline looked at Harper so helplessly for a moment and then like a light switch, her expression changed into a blank stare.
"I can't love another woman. Especially if it's going to get in the way of my relationship with my family." Harper blanched pushing up off the floor and standing. "What are you talking about? Of course, you can love me! You've been doing it for almost a year." Adeline shook her head, "I don't love you anymore...I can't love you. Being gay is a sin, Harper, a crime. But I guess I shouldn't have expected more from someone who is involved in a gang." That felt like a punch to the face, Harper's eyes watering and tears spilling over.

"You don't mean that. You don't fucking mean that, Ad! What about everything...everything we had? You are just going to throw that away for your religious nut parents? Everything we..." Adeline held her hand up, cutting her off. The sadness was clear in her eyes, the love she still had for Harper still there. Perhaps that was what made this even more devastating for them both. "We have nothing now." That shattered her heart into a billion pieces and without any fight left in her, Harper watched the woman who had so spontaneously come into her life...leave it the exact same way. Leaving Harper feeling just as cold as the winter breeze outside of her place.

PART 4:
London
~ January 28th 1983 ~

Winter would turn into spring, Harper's 22 birthday was just around the corner now. And yet it didn't feel like there was anything to celebrate now. Harper had called and called Adeline, leaving voicemail after voicemail to no avail. Harper had every faith in Adeline...that she would be able to pull through to at least call her. But that moment never came. Mindlessly reading the newspaper one day, Harper had looked at the obituaries section on the back. She found it interesting to read about those who had passed and the history they had. She had just read of someone who had passed, who had been a famous pilot in World War 2 when her eyes glanced over another name.

The coffee cup fell from her hand and a strangled scream caught in her throat. Harper hadn't really known how she got to Adeline's apartment but as soon as she realized she was at the front door, Harper started banging on it to the point that her hand started to bleed. "Adeline!! Adeline!!! PLEASE OPEN UP!" Harper cried out, not caring if her neighbors called the cops. "Please, please please!" Harper cried. The panic in her body threatened to choke her as no one answered. There was no way it was a mistake, there was no way the paper would have made that mistake. Harper felt out of breath, ready to pass out as she leaned against her lover's door, putting her head in her hands as she cried.

PART 5:
London
~ February 5th, 1983 ~

tumblr_pz57j0c7za1y08elmo2_540.gif
Harper hadn't been invited to the funeral, but she knew the time and place it was being held. Alcohol had been her best friend for the last few days, as had the TV to distract her when her tears ran dry. Leaning against a tree not too far from the funeral taking place, Harper tried to not look obvious as the rain poured down. She hadn't brought an umbrella, not expecting the downpour. But the water felt good, tethering her to the reality of what had become of her partner. As the casket was lowered to the ground, people began to leave and Harper looked like she was visiting another grave for the time being.

When no one was left, Harper stalked forward her eyes glancing at the freshly packed grave. Her knees grew weak and gave out as she fell before the tombstone. Her tears mixed with the rainwater sliding down her face as she shook her head repeatedly. Harper had never felt a loss such as this. It was all new to her as she stood there, looking at what could have been in front of her. She had stayed like that for what felt like hours. But as the sky started to get darker, nighttime looming overhead, Harper finally reached into her pocket to grab the necklace she had been wanting to give Adeline at Christmas time. Placing the jewelry box near a bouquet of flowers, Harper's lip trembled. "Thanks for being my somebody to love." She croaked out.

- END OF SCENE -​

Last edited:
62 Bonner St. - May's New House
~Bethnal Green, London~
May Thatcher

1660002734654.pngMay had spent some time after the night with Christian nervous she’d never hear from him again. It seemed people in her life never really wanted her, and it felt like she finally had something that was making her happy – as new and weak as it might be – and she didn’t want to lose that. Thankfully Christian hadn’t awoken that night to overhear her mumbling in her sleep what a loser she really was. He’d probably never look at her again if he knew how unwanted she was by other people. As May sat at home after work one day, Tom called, but something in his voice nagged at her brain.

“Hello?” May had answered.

“Hey May, its Tommy. How are you doing?” His voice lacked its normal smile, but at first, she just chalked it up to maybe a bad day.

“I’m doing good! I kinda, sorta started seeing someone. I also found out some about my father-“May had a nagging feeling that she shouldn’t say anything else in regards to who he was though. “Turns out he was just some deadbeat that left his real family the same way he shagged mom and left her. Guess I’m just a mistake for them.” May’s voice fell, and suddenly she felt like crying. She had been holding strong for so long, trying to pretend like everything going on around her wasn’t affecting her badly, but talking to Tommy brought all those walls down. She knew Tommy loved her, and he had been one of the only people to ever make her feel like she belonged anywhere.

“Hey, you’re not a mistake. You’re the only person I’ve ever known worth a damn besides Alfie. Don’t talk like that. If you’re so sad, come home.” A bit of hopefulness entered his voice.

“No. I won’t be anywhere near mom, not even in the same town. You know I moved to get away from her.” May said with a sigh. Truth was, Dublin had never felt like home, just a place to stay. Leaving was easy. Going back would not be the same. “I do miss you though, I wish I could see you.”

“Yeah, me too. Hey what ever happened to that guy, what’s his name, Christian?” Tom’s voice sounded odd as he said it, she couldn’t quite place why.

“Well actually, he’s the guy I’m kind of seeing. I’m not really sure where we stand yet… but I’m hopeful. He’s a good guy. Maybe he’ll stay around a while.” She didn’t have the heart to say use her and leave like everyone except Tommy had.

“May, I don’t think he is a good guy, I didn’t get that feeling from him.” Tommy did not mention it was due to the Chinese restaurant and not his introduction through her.

“Oh… well, I’ll think about it then, okay?” May sounded depressed immediately. If Tommy was right, she had made a mistake, but her heart told her differently. Would she be right, or would she end up hurt again?

“Listen sis, I need you to just consider coming home, please. I’m here, I’m not leaving, I wont ever leave you again, just come back to Dublin.” Tommy’s voice sounded odd again – but not the way you would expect that comment to sound. Instead, it sounded almost angry, which May couldn’t figure out the reason for. Chalking it up to a bad mood, she shrugged it off.

“I’ll think about it Tommy, okay? In the meantime, will you come see me soon?” May tried to change the subject, hoping to not talk about her anymore.

1660002780421.png“Yeah, sure May, I’ll be seeing you soon.”

“Alright, I love you Tommy, figure out your schedule and come see me.” May was about to ready to hang up when Tommy piped up once more.

“Hey, before you go, I ran into a bloke over here the other day that was visiting from London, says he went to go see his favorite pub, but it had been blasted to smithereens. Imagine my surprise at hearing it had been the place you were working. What happened?” May froze, suddenly uncomfortable. Carefully, she told him the basics - that she had been fine and uninjured for the most part, and that someone had tried to blow up the place, killing and maiming people in it.

“I mean, there must have been a reason that place got targeted. Was there an issue with the owners?”

“I don’t know, the owner – Mr. King and his sons – never explained the why of it. I guess that’s considered family business and now employee business.” Again, she neglected to mention that they were now related.

“I’ve heard about the King’s over here, they’re a bad crowd Maeve, tell me you’re not working for them.” Tom again sounded angrier than concerned.

“I am… I was moved into a better position ordering parts for motorcars and such. I will promise to be careful though if that makes you feel better.”

“Please do. Alright got to get back to work, love you sis.”

“Yeah, love you too Tommy.” May hung up the phone, not sure if she felt any better. Normally a chat with Tommy picked her right up, but something felt off about this. Instead, she felt like a flattened balloon. Sighing, she moved around her knew house, somewhat empty still as she had very little to move in. The house party would be soon, she should try to decorate before then, maybe get some furniture. Instead, she made herself a drink and sat at her bay window staring out, wondering if she were to disappear would anyone notice? After all, except for work, no one really ever came to see her. Christian and her normally ended up meeting somewhere, or she would go to his place and check on his recovery and help him around his house.

Depressed and feeling ready to cry, she turns in for the night. After lying in the dark until the early morning hours, the dam finally broke, and all the tears came streaming out. In the pitch black of her room, all alone, May cried herself to sleep.

~Saturday, July 27th, 1985~
~Morning~

Jeremy Gray

1658889553358.png
The morning sun was streaming in, Jeremy’s eyes blinking away the sleep before his brain could process that what happened the night before was real. When he looked down, he was pleasantly surprised to see Harper asleep beside him. He lifted his head, kissing her on the forehead, tempted to wake her again with the things they had done the night before, but decided to let her body rest – it was a lot for her considering what she had been through the night before. He slid out of the bed, headed to the bathroom and showered, wrapping a towel around his waist as he finished.

He couldn’t help thinking about the previous twenty-four hours, his mind completely blown. He couldn’t help it as he relieved the moments, remembering how she had confessed her love, and they had shared that feeling until the dawn hours. There was a feeling in his chest he had never felt before, a wholeness that made him feel giddy and lightheaded. It was almost painful how much was bursting to get out of him.

Without a care in the world, he stood there in just a towel, frying eggs and making toast, the smell of coffee filling the air. He wanted to make her breakfast in bed, he wanted to make her happy, and with her imprint on his soul, he would spend the rest of time doing his best to make every minute something to make her smile. Jeremy was suddenly that young teen boy, before he had shut off so many emotions, reigned down his intensity because it had been to much, and he was being himself, more than he had in decades. Harper made him feel like a kid at heart. Nothing could weigh him down today.

~Morning~
Harper King
14dc1b8c351aa69b981932798344.jpeg
Harper had been in such a deep lovely sleep that Jeremy moving out from under her didn't cause her to stir an inch. When she did wake up, she realized just how well rested she felt. Nightmares hadn't abruptly woke her in a cold sweat, all nausea had seemed to disappear. Sitting up in bed, she realized that she was in Jeremy's room. Blinking, a small smile formed on her lips as she remembered the night before. Her mind was wrapped up in those thoughts for a moment before realizing that she could smell something cooking in the kitchen.

Hoisting herself out of bed, she winced looking down at her bare legs to see the gauze wrapped tightly around her left thigh. The other moments of her night came rushing back, dizzying her to the point that she had to sit back down. Once she was sure she could walk out into her kitchen, Harper stood, pulling the top sheet with her as she wrapped it around herself loosely.

She realized she didn't necessarily have to cover up, with Jeremy seeing far more of her than ever thought possible but she still felt the need to be modest. Limping into the kitchen, she leaned against the entryway. A smirk formed on her face at the sight of him in a towel, cooking breakfast for her. No one had ever done that for her before. Most of the women or men she'd had over were gone before Harper woke up.

She was silent just watching him, her eyes trailing the muscles in his back as he moved. "You know I've never had someone make breakfast for me...after..." Harper couldn't finish the sentence, her cheeks turning pink. When he did turn around, Harper smiled at him lazily. "Never knew you to be such a domesticated man, Jere. It's a good look on you. A really good look." Her eyes roamed him for a long moment.

~Morning~
Jeremy Gray

1658889553358.png
When she stepped into the kitchen, he felt her, like her presence wrapped him in a cloak of warmth. He smiled, looking up at her, waving the spatula at her. “You ever tell anyone, I’ll have to kick your ass, Harper King.” He grinned, swatting her playfully as he made her a plate and a cup of coffee, sitting it beside the stove as he turned to admire her. “I’ll always be here to make breakfast, anytime you’d like.” He leaned over, his left arm resting against the cabinet above her head, his right arm going around her waist, pulling her against him.

Picking her up, he placed her on the counter next to her food gently, careful not to touch the stitches in her thigh that would need looking after later. He speared a piece of egg off her plate and brought it up to her lips, encouraging her to take a bite. “How did you sleep, you look well rested this morning, all things considered.” There was another teasing prod, him standing between her feet feeding her breakfast.

He kissed her softly, brushing loose strands of hair away from her face, his forehead to hers as he just enjoyed her being there. He mouthed his new favorite words against her lips, as our scene fades.

Erik's Place
London

Jeremy Gray

Brotherly Love
Saturday 27th July 1985

1656013381391.png
Jeremy, finally feeling well enough to get up and move around, had decided to go and visit Billy. They hadn’t been on the best terms when they were at the doctors, Billy having called him many names and wanting Spencer to exact revenge. Still, Jeremy figured he would be past it by now and would go to make it up to him. He wanted to make sure his friend was healing well, and apologize for his comments during the attack, as he only was trying to protect his friend.

He also wanted to tell Billy that he had spoken to Spencer about Harper, and that he had gotten his permission to pursue Harper, as long as Harper allowed it. It made him giddy inside, and he had been floating on cloud nine since it happened. There was also the new incident with Harper he wanted to tell him about - he needed to know Harper had hurt herself. If anyone could be happy for him, it would be Billy. As he drove down the streets between Harper and Erik’s place, his mind flashed back to the previous day before Trevor had interrupted them. Jeremy groaned inwardly, thinking how it quickly escalated to something more. The feelings were choking him he was happy.

As he pulled up and parked the car he headed up to the door and knocked with quick Shave and a Haircut, leaning against the door frame waiting for Billy to answer. He hoped he would be here since he didn’t call first and just popped by. He felt like a kid, ready to share a new toy, and for the first time in a long time, he looked younger, happier, more carefree and less like the man he has been for the last twenty years of constraint and indifferent behavior.

Erik's Apartment
Saturday 27th July
~ Bethnal Green, London ~

Billy King

1660081121161.pngWith Erik and Ava out of the apartment, Billy made himself some popcorn and settled down on the sofa to continue the classic Doctor Zhivago that he had started reading the previous day. The depth of plot and complexity of the narrative style completely absorbed him, leaving no room in his head to worry about real life events. He was already over halfway through and just beginning to get sleepy when there came a knock at the door. Billy looked up from his book, suddenly all too alert. As the seconds went by, he began to wonder if he had imagined it. But then, he reasoned, it took a lot to draw him out of a book, so he must have heard something. As he set the novel down and got up, he realised his heart rate was starting to quicken. It obviously wasn’t Erik, and he wasn’t expecting any visitors; Spencer was on holiday, his uncle was in the meeting with Erik, and anyone else would call ahead to make sure he was awake. With so many people already ruled out, part of him was nervous that something had happened to Erik after all, in spite of the ritualistic goodbye kiss, and that someone had arrived to break the news to him…or perhaps it was one of the Sullivans, come to make another attempt on his life while Erik wasn’t there to protect him.

With his heart in his throat, Billy edged around the door, until he was close enough to look through the peephole. He let out a heavy exhale when he saw who it was and rested his forehead against the door for a few seconds to compose himself. His arm was still in its sling, and he was only wearing baggy gym shorts and one of Erik’s signature black t-shirts that was a little too big for him. Jeremy had seen him in all sorts of states over the years they had known each other, but it annoyed him that the man thought that they were on good enough terms to be able to turn up unannounced.

When he finally opened the door, Billy didn’t say a word. Instead, he turned and walked sluggishly back over to the sofa to move the empty bowl of popcorn into the sink, leaving Jeremy to come in and close the door, or leave. He really didn’t care either way. “Still look like shit, then,” he remarked, despite not having his eyes on the man. “Was it an effort to come ‘ere?” It was perhaps the most roundabout way of asking Jeremy how his health was, but seeing his friend’s face was like a gut punch and he forgot just how upset he was with the man until now. “What do you want?”

Erik's Place
London

Jeremy Gray

1656013381391.png
When Billy finally made his way to the door, the look on his face said something was wrong, not to mention his comments being a little on the shitty side. Jeremy decided to let it go, thinking he maybe just caught h is friend off guard. Pushing into the room he followed Billy around, nodding. “Not much of an effort, but I thought it was worth it for you. Look like you’re still healing up there too, how are you comin’ along?” Jeremy tried to smile at his friend, but something was feeling off. Furling his brow, he studied his friend, curious.

“I wanted to see you, that’s all.” Jeremy studied him, noticing he was wearing Erik’s shirt. He was glad to see the two seemed to be getting on well, Billy deserved it. “I uh, I wanted to see how you were doing, and share something with you but you seem off. What’s the deal?” Jeremy suddenly remembered that maybe Billy was still upset with him, so he grinned goofily, touching Billy’s arm. “You alright?” He wanted to hear from him first if that’s what the problem was instead of assuming. Surely he understood that Jeremy just wanted to protect him, and keep him from harm?

Stepping back, he looked around. It seemed like Billy was home alone for the moment, the apartment quiet except for the two of them. Awkwardly, Jeremy let his eyes linger on Billy again. Was this more guilt over the attack?

Erik's Apartment
Saturday 27th July

Billy King

1660081213586.pngWith his back turned to Jeremy, Billy rolled his eyes upon hearing the line about him being worth the effort. He wished Jeremy didn’t think that. The man then commented on the state of Billy’s injuries and asked him how the healing process was going. “Oh yeah, I’ll be right as rain in a day or two,” he said sarcastically. “What do you think? I had a bullet go through me, you twat.”

Apparently picking up on Billy’s mood, Jeremy touched his arm and asked if he was alright. Billy jerked away from him and went to stand a few feet away. Jeremy stepped back, too, but kept his eyes on him. “No, I’m not,” Billy snapped. Just seeing the man’s face was bringing him right back to the night it all happened; having been safely resting in the comfort of Erik’s apartment, he hadn’t even realised how traumatic a situation it had been, but now, the memories were all at the front of his mind, painfully vivid and reminding him of exactly what he had been through - and what Jeremy had done.

“I - I don’t want you here, Jeremy,” he said, his voice already louder than intended as the anger built up inside him. While deep down he knew the only way to repair things was to get it all out in the open, he wasn’t sure if he could express himself without verbally attacking the man. Remembering the reasons why he was upset with him was threatening to bring his emotions to the surface and with a stiff sigh, he reached up to pinch his bridge of his nose. “I ain’t ready to see you, alright? You just…you really just...”

When he realised he was about to cry, Billy took a sharp inhale and tore his hand away from his eyes, instead using it to point in Jeremy’s direction. “You need to start seein’ me as a man,” he asserted, taking a step towards him. “Not a little kid. D’you hear me?” His breathing grew heavy as he kept a steady glare on Jeremy. “From now on when I do somethin’ wrong, you let me take responsibility for it. I don’t ever wanna see you undermine me in front of our enemies again, Jeremy. Do you understand what that does? Do you know what they could do to me if you make me out to be weak?” His arm dropped back down to his side, and when he asked his next question, his voice lost its volume. “Is that really what you think of me?”

Erik's Place
London

Jeremy Gray

1656013381391.png
Billy certainly had an attitude with him that was starting to peeve Jeremy in the worst way. Here he was trying to check on his friend, and all he was getting was snarky responses that was ruining his mood. The smile on his face was faltering as he looked at Billy. “Look-“ he was cut off as Billy jerked away from him, and Jeremy aggravation was growing. Starting to get angry, all the happiness over what he had come to share with his friend seeping away, he crossed his arms and stood back, listening to Billy rant.

“I don’t want you here, Jeremy.” It stung more than he cared to admit. He had always viewed Billy as a little brother, but suddenly he didn’t want that anymore. As Billy continued to struggle with finding the right words, Jeremy stood his ground, waiting to hear what he really wanted to say. Fine, he wants to act an ass Jeremy could return the favor. Narrowing his eyes, he growled at Billy, unintentionally moving his body into the stance he often took in high stress situations as a preemptive move to make sure he could physically protect himself.

For a moment, he almost relented, seeing logic in what Billy was saying about making him look weak, but he was already too mad for it to make it very far. “Listen here you little shit, I will always do whatever I need to do to protect you, that is literally my job. Do you think Harper would have been better off without you? Spencer? Alex? You want to be treated like a man, then act like one, know that you are worth more than someone like Aidan. You are the boss’s nephew, not just another soldier like me. I know you’re not weak, I know what you’re capable of, common now. I’m getting old, not senile. I think the world of you though, and if I can save you, I will. Did you even consider that I never intended for either of us to die? I was just trying to confuse them to buy time? No, you’re so focused on how things affect you that you don’t look at the big picture. You aren’t grown enough to understand yet that sometimes you have to do things you don’t want to get your desired outcome.”

Jeremy prepared to storm off, pausing only long enough to shoot him a look that said he was now just as angry as Billy was. “If you think that’s what I really think, then maybe I should.”

Erik's Apartment
Saturday 27th July

Billy King

1660081584211.pngBilly couldn’t help but scoff and roll his eyes when Jeremy told him it was his job to protect him. Now he knew how Harper felt, being protected when he didn’t want to be. “No, to be perfectly honest, I didn’t consider that you were lyin’ because it’d be fuckin’ stupid ‘cause you could have fuckin’ DIED!” he shouted back, his eyes suddenly brimming with tears. He brought his hands to his head and groaned at Jeremy’s tirade, too het up to even consider what the man was saying. His words were too insulting for Billy to hear any higher meaning in them; hearing him suggest that Billy didn’t act like a man and couldn’t see beyond his own issues was frustrating, but what really got to him was being lectured about being too immature to know what hard work meant. “You know what, Jeremy, I don’t have shit to prove to you,” he firmly stated. “Everything I’ve achieved in my life, I’m the only one who can take credit for because I put the work in. You’ve known me my whole life and if you still see me as some pathetic child, then you can just fuck right off.”

He paused to catch his breath, glaring daggers at Jeremy. His friend was making his way to the door, but Billy wasn’t done yet. “You think I wanted to die that night?” he questioned him. “‘Course I fuckin’ didn’t. I love my life. I love my family and I love Erik and I didn’t wanna leave any of ya’ behind. But it was me they wanted, it was me who killed Aidan so I wasn’t gonna let anyone else take the fall, was I? You would’ve done the same if you were me, admit it. Straight up confessed before they could hurt anyone who didn’t deserve it, wouldn’t ya? So don’t fuckin’ go on and tell me I’m childish and selfish, just ‘cause you wanted to be the hero who saved my life as if - as if yours don’t mean nothin’!” The tears were getting harder to hold back, the emotion clear as day in his raised voice. “See, it ain’t me not seein’ the bigger picture ‘ere. You weren’t lookin’ beyond your stupid act of bravado,” he went on, voice cracking as the tears began to finally spill down his cheeks. “Maybe you thought you could fool ‘em, but let’s face it, they were ready to kill ya’, and they would have, and - and that would’ve been on me.” With his free hand, Billy reached with his wrist to fiercely wipe the tears away. “Yeah. Didn’t think about that, did ya’? ‘Bout the guilt I would’ve had to live with if they’d taken you…when it should’ve been me. You think ‘bout the people the people who would miss me, but not about the people who would miss you.” His breath hitched as a sob tore out from within him and he felt the anger rise again, spurred on by the embarrassment of crying. "I would’ve missed you, you fuck!”

Unable to fight it back anymore, Billy just covered his face and turned away, trying with all his might to keep the sobs silent. If Jeremy really did see him as a child, he figured he wasn’t doing himself any favours by crying in front of him. “Just fuck off,” he groaned through shuddering breaths, still keeping his back to the man. “I said I don’t want you ‘ere...”

e8810c295d898a63322c56f7a5e57094.jpg

Erik's Apartment
Saturday 27th July

Erik Snowden & Ava Moretti Sawyer

Earlier that day, Ava had decided to go grocery shopping. Unfortunately for her, she knew absolutely nothing about the area nor the type of food they'd need so Erik had to come along. He didn't want to be away from Billy for too long but Billy had shooed him away. Instead of taking offense, he used the opportunity to spend some time apart. They'd spent every waking minute together with Erik practically hovering over him, so why not? Despite being able to do such shopping in under an hour and being back home, Erik decided to take his time. A forty-five-minute trip turned into three with the two cousins taking scenic routes. She may have been there to check on her cousin but she still wanted to sightsee!

Rounding the street corner where his apartment was, Erik let out a laugh. He was explaining to Ava some of the differences he'd noticed between the US and London. "I'm serious! Beans with breakfast, but they've got some really fucking delicious snacks." Ava turned her nose up and shook her head, letting out a heavy sigh. "I can let a lot of things go- chips being called crisps, fries being chips, but I draw the line at beans." Erik let out another chuckle as he hopped up the steps leading to his door. He shifted one of the bags to his free arm while the other dug in his pocket for his keys. After the door was unlocked he pushed it open and walked in ahead of Ava.

e38b80587d866361028f99975dec5566.jpg

"The weathermen are still shit, though," he said, unaware of the company standing in his living room. "Can't tell you how many times I've-," he paused, looking at the scene in front of him. "Jeremy?" When the man had shown up, he had no idea, but it was definitely a shock. What shocked him more, however, was the state of distress Billy seemed to be in. Erik wasted no time shoving the bags he had into Ava's arms, who had to catch up with the hasty action in order to not drop it. Ava wasn't familiar with the person her cousin called Jeremy, so as she closed the door she kept her eye on him. Erik made his way toward Billy placing his hands on his shoulders. "You alright?"

It took Erik a moment to try and put two and two together, letting his suspicions guide him. If Billy had his back turned to Jeremy then he figured it was safe to assume the man had upset him somehow. And with that logic, he ran with it. "Not sure what happened but," he looked up at Jeremy with a stern look on his face. "I think maybe it's time you go." Ava had already placed the bags on the counter and was now standing near the front door- that protective instinct settling in.

Last edited:
The fact that Billy believed Jeremy thought so little of him only proved to anger him more. When Billy started tearing up, he wanted to relent but Billy’s mouth just pushed him further. He was so worried about Jeremy dying, that he didn’t seem to understand that was not how this business worked or that Bruce would not have been so easy to let go of the fact they were all there and no one protected Billy. Jeremy had walked back closer to Billy, ready to try and resolve things between them once and for all, but then Billy started again. Jeremy’s face flushed with anger, his hand slamming down on the wall with a loud thump. He didn’t see Billy as a child, he hadn’t in a long time, but that didn’t mean he’d ever stop seeing him as his little brother that needed protection. Wasn’t that what big brothers were for?

Billy then proceeded to say that he only wanted to be a hero because his life didn’t mean anything, but wasn’t that the truth? His life did not mean as much as Billy’s, that’s why he was a soldier – giving his life to protect those higher in the chain, and their families. He’d rather Billy deal with guilt then not be around to feel it at all, but he guessed he could understand what Billy was saying. Still, a whole let less people would miss him then Billy. Aggravated, he went to push out the door, just as Erik and Ava walked in. This immediately brought the flush back to his face – Jeremy was not one who liked displaying his feelings in a way others could see.

Billy had just shouted he would miss him, but quickly followed up with a curse and a reminder he didn’t want Jeremy there. Rolling his eyes, he looked at Ava and Erik and shook his head, “It’s not what you think, and if you’ll give me a minute, I’ll explain.” Seeing that Ava was about to topple over a all the bags, he quickly stepped forward to try to take the extra’s off her hands while Erik comforted Billy. Ava had moved past him without a word, setting down the bags herself, while Jeremy stood there feeling foolish. Scowling at them all, Jeremy huffed and crossed his arms again. Erik, trusting Jeremy to clear out without issues had stepped right past Billy to grab him some tissues, and Jeremy took advantage of a chance to step forward towards Billy again.

“Look, ya arse of a man, I did exactly what any good friend or brother would have done. You can hate me all you want, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. If ya think for one moment that Alex or Spencer wouldn’t have, you’re even more of a child then you’re acting right now. I haven’t looked at you like a kid in years, but based on this temper tantrum you’re throwing, maybe I should reconsider that.” Looking up past Billy to Erik, he pointed at him before he moved closer to Jeremy. “Don’t. Believe it or not, I didn’t come here to fight, I came to check on this sissy who is currently acting more childish than Harper. I even had some good news to share, but now I’m not telling this prick anything. Maybe you could talk some sense into him. Remind him that my life is not as important as his.” Jeremy had moved back within arm’s reach of Billy originally with the intent of trying to apologize and hug him goodbye, or at least some version of a goodbye without storming off angrily, but now he was ready to storm off again. For a moment he stood, waiting to see, while in his mind he planned on slamming the door behind him while giving them all something to talk about.

Erik's Apartment
Saturday 27th July

Billy King

1660082419984.pngEven the sound of the front door opening wasn’t enough to get Billy to turn around - in fact, it only made him more embarrassed, knowing that Ava was now in the room. Erik didn’t hesitate to rush to his side and ask if he was okay, despite Jeremy’s attempts to defend himself. Billy nodded, though it was clear he was far from fine as he continued to choke back sobs. He had made the points he wanted to make, so when Erik suggested that the man leave he didn’t protest and hoped he would go without a fuss - even if he didn’t acknowledge Billy’s words.

When Erik moved away from him, Billy stayed exactly where he was and did his best to dry his eyes before Ava could catch a look at him. But then he heard Jeremy approach him from behind and he stiffened, feeling his anger rise up again; the man decided not to back down and do as Erik asked, but rather continue arguing his case. He managed to pack yet more insulting names into his point, calling Billy a prick, a kid, a childish sissy throwing a temper tantrum. Billy’s argument was apparently making no impact on him at all and between that and all the name-calling, especially after his proclamation of how much he cared about Jeremy, his temper reached breaking point. Spinning around suddenly, Billy swung his left fist hard into Jeremy’s face.

“Fuckin’ twat!” he shouted, squaring up to Jeremy. His fist was still clenched, poised to punch him a second time if he needed to. “You just don't get it, do ya'? If Spencer or Alex ever did that shit, I’d never forgive them, either! You don't give a shit who you leave behind, but I wouldn't forgive myself if a stranger took my place, let alone a brother like you!" Another sob escaped him at the realisation of how close he felt to the man and how heartbreaking it would be to lose him. At least after the fight they were having, he might be able to stop caring about him so much. His breathing got heavier as he channelled his distress into anger and once again glared at the man. "You wanna be a bloody martyr so badly, Jeremy? How ‘bout you do us all a favour and get the FUCK OUT!”

Erik's Apartment
Saturday 27th July

Jeremy immediately tried to explain but the only thing on Erik's mind was Billy and his well-being. Billy was already an emotional being and it seemed like Jeremy's presence was only making it worse. Having to calm him down later on was going to be a headache. "Look, Jeremy," he started, looking up from Billy. "I get it, but now really isn't the time." Erik briefly glanced at his cousin, watching as she eyed Jeremy suspiciously and emptied out the grocery bags. Though she'd only known Billy briefly and they were only just getting to know each other she couldn't help but feel just as protective as Erik.

The moment Erik stepped away for tissues Jeremy took it upon himself to reapproach Billy. Because Ava didn't want to escalate things she stayed where she was but frowned. Jeremy went on to express something about his reasonings and things started to get a bit clearer for Erik. It sounded as if the two of them were arguing about the attack and their confessions. Erik was present when Jeremy lied to Adam about killing Aidan, so he knew exactly what he was talking about. When they were all at Caspian's clinic they'd even argued about the situation there. Now it seemed everything was coming to a head.

Billy had confided in Erik about how the whole ordeal made him feel. Like a child and that he couldn't protect himself. He felt like everyone was trying to protect him - Erik included - when it was clear the man could protect himself. He understood where Jeremy was coming from but he also understood Jeremy's side as well. And for a brief moment, he was about to say so. That is until he started talking again. He started calling Billy names and degrading him and it was starting to piss him off. "Hey! Enough!" He firmly said, frowning at him. Erik didn't appreciate the way he was talking about him, especially while under his roof. Propped up against the wall, Ava continued to watch but still stayed out of it. Erik then walked towards the door with the intention of opening it to usher Jeremy out. It wasn't until he heard the contact of Billy's fist against Jeremy's face and saw the widening of Ava's eyes that he turned back around.

Both Erik and Ava sprung into action, Erik holding Billy back and Ava gently - but firmly - placing her hand in the middle of Jeremy's chest once he'd stood up. She still hadn't said anything as she glanced back at Erik for any signs of what she should do. Instead, Erik was looking down at Billy while he yelled back at Jeremy. Once he'd finished his piece Erik tried his best to calm him down. "You've said your part, alright, so calm down." He then turned to Jeremy, nodding towards the door. "Pack it up. This is over."

Last edited:
If Erik or Billy either one thought he could be so easily ran off, they were both wrong. Jeremy believed in fighting for the things he loved, and he loved Billy, so even if it meant pissing him off, they were going to resolve things one way or another. What he wasn’t expecting was Billy to flatten him to the ground with a well timed and placed punch. Did Jeremy know Billy was capable of it? Sure, he had trained him and with him after all. Did he in any way expect Billy to use that against him now? Certainly not, Billy had never been one prone to violence. Holding his right eye – making two black eyes now – he sat up on the floor, shaking away the stars he was seeing.

Billy’s words processed through his brain like someone was playing them in slow motion. He wasn’t sure how long it took for him to come back around, but it certainly felt like he had suddenly become concussed again. He didn’t move quickly or hurry to get up, and if they didn’t like it, they’d just have to deal with it, because Jeremy wasn’t sure he could stand at the moment. He heard the demand to get out again but made no move from the floor to do so. He wasn’t about to say it out loud and give Billy another reason to feel guilty, but Jeremy honestly wasn’t sure he could stay upright.

When the world finally stopped spinning enough Jeremy thought he could get to his feet, he felt Ava’s hand on his chest but it was a kind of surreal feeling, like he couldn’t focus on it. He nodded at Erik, letting him know he agreed that it was over, but he didn’t move towards the door. Instead, he gently pushed past Ava – not in a rude way, or in a way that could harm her – grabbed Billy’s hand and jerked him towards Jeremy’s chest. Once he was close enough – hoping that Erik would be caught off guard one last time – Jeremy closed his arms around Billy and hugged him tight. It was the kind of hug that would sooth and end the hurt, not because either wanted it, but because they both needed it. He squeezed Billy from their awkward position with Erik still slightly holding on to him, and Ava trying to pull Jeremy back, and would not let go.

“I get it, Billy. I love you too, damnit. I didn’t mean to hurt you, I just couldn’t see myself not protecting you, even if I know you can protect yourself, you’re like the kid brother I never had and because of that, I will always want to defend you – from unimportant stuff to serious matters. I will promise though to do better in the future. You’re right that you’re a man, I’ve known that a while. I can’t believe you thought I see you as a child, but even as a grown adult, capable of being your own man, I will always want to play the big brother role. Its just the kind of stupid thing big brothers do.” He held on, despite Billy possibly trying to push him off until he relaxed and hugged him back – he did not want to leave here with them fighting. Jeremy had a flash of how quickly it could all be ended, and if he left her angry then suddenly died, Billy would feel the quilt none the less, and he didn’t want that to happen; nor would he want the reverse of it. Looking at Erik, he gave him an apologetic look before he released Billy and clapped him with a hand on each shoulder.

“Now, I gotta get before your boyfriend here skins me, you let me know when we can finish talking this out, okay?” He kissed him on the forehead lightly, before turning and seeing himself out the door.

Erik's Apartment
Saturday 27th July

Billy King

1660084005109.pngGiven how weak he had been feeling for the past several days, Billy was surprised at how much power he managed to pack into his left-handed punch. Emotion was a dangerous thing to bring to a fight, but this wasn't planned - even though he had occasionally thought about what might happen when he saw the man again - and it pushed him to his physical limit. He was angry, too angry to stop even when Jeremy went crashing to the floor. It was only while Erik was holding him back and trying to calm him down that he realised Jeremy wasn't getting up.

Though he was still upset, he did soften slightly as guilt and regret began to set in at the sight of him. The man was clearly still recovering himself, the bruises on his face from the attack more than just faint shadows still. He didn't react to Billy's tirade, nor to Erik's firm demand that he leave, and Billy started to worry that his previous concussion was affecting him, now worsened by the punch that he had just delivered seconds ago. It was painful to watch him build himself up to a standing position again and the kinder side of Billy wanted to extend a hand and ask if he was okay, but ultimately the stubbornness won out and he just stayed close to Erik instead.

At this point, he wasn't expecting Jeremy to fight back - he looked too weary, even to throw around more insulting words. But that didn't mean he wasn't taken aback when the man grabbed his hand and pulled him in close, wrapping his arms around him. Billy didn't reciprocate the hug but his eyes welled up with fresh tears. He managed not to interrupt him as he assured him that he couldn't see himself not protecting him when he had the chance, and for some reason when he said it that time, Billy understood. He wasn't really angry about having people who loved him enough to want to defend him…he was just afraid of losing them when they did. A few tears cascaded down his cheeks and he brought his left arm up to finally hug him back, resting his forehead against the man's shoulder so that Ava didn't have to see him cry. "You're the dumbest big brother of 'em all," he uttered, muffled by Jeremy's jacket, and he squeezed the man as tight as he could.

When Jeremy let him go, Billy quickly wiped his tears away and looked up at him. His frustration and anger had by now abated and he was actually glad that the man had come to visit so that he could get it out of his system sooner rather than later. Jeremy brought his hands down on Billy's shoulders and announced that he was leaving, with the suggestion that the pair finish their conversation another time. Not exactly being one for platonic male intimacy, Billy blushed uncomfortably when Jeremy kissed him on the forehead and instead of reciprocating it he lightly clapped a hand on Jeremy's side, partly to usher him out. Telling him that he loved him was enough affection for one day.

After a quiet goodbye, the man left the room in silence. Billy exhaled, flexing his bruised knuckles, and hung his head. "I am so sorry," he said to the pair, though he knew the real apology he owed was for Jeremy. "I dunno what came over me, it just sort of…he just turned up and it all just came back all at once. How close we came to…" Losing him.

Billy cleared his throat and looked up at Ava. "I'm sorry you saw that, Ava," he repeated, remembering their earlier conversation. "I guess there's more to heal than just the arm…" He reached up to adjust his sling, the exertion having agitated his wounds and caused the pain to flare. His hand slid into Erik's and he gently rested his forehead against his shoulder to prove that he had calmed down. Then he looked between them both. “Are you two alright?" he asked, wondering if he ought to leave so they could decompress - but really, he wanted to stay with them until the air had fully cleared.

Erik's Apartment
Saturday 27th July

Instead of Erik going with his first instinct - making Jeremy leave whether he liked it or not - Erik allowed him to make contact with Billy. He feared that if he hadn't- if he had continued to try and force Jeremy away that he would only escalate things. Erik himself had been doing good at thinking before acting and this seemed like the perfect moment to put that into practice. So when Ava, a deep frown now present on her face and her hand crumpled into a fist, looked at her cousin he just put a hand up to her. She understood it meant to wait and not move too hastily. This wasn't New York, she realized. Act first, figure it all out later wasn't something she could do here in London, unfortunately. Instead, she threw her hands up and went to stand by the door, arms crossed.

Erik listened as Jeremy apologized to Billy for everything that had gone down, eyes glued to Billy. In the two years Erik had known Billy, he knew the man to be completely independent. Or rather, that he felt that way. He didn't like when people tried to protect him or treat him like he couldn't defend himself - that, Erik learned the hard way. He understood where both parties were coming from, but also felt like neither one of them was hearing the other. Listening, sure, but truly hearing? It felt... Missed, somehow. But of course, it wasn't Erik's job to mediate such matters especially one between family. So he let them talk up until the forehead kiss. Though he knew better, something about seeing Billy blush because of another man - one that he used to have a crush on, no doubt, gave Erik a slight jealous pang in his chest. "Alright. Billy's wounds need to be cleaned now," he said, wanting to get rid of Jeremy even more now.

Still feeling slightly protective, Ava saw Jeremy to and out the door- scowl still present. The moment he left she closed the door and locked it behind her, making her way back to the kitchen to both give Erik and Billy privacy and to finish putting away groceries. Erik placed his hands on both sides of Billy's cheeks, looking down at him. Billy started apologizing and explaining, Erik shaking his head. "You ain't got nothin' to apologize over, alright? I get it." Hearing the main trail off at the thought of losing Jeremy was understandable. It was a high-stakes situation and he knew how much Jeremy and the others meant to him. But saying it out loud, he figured, made it real and that wasn't necessary. Jeremy was alive now and that's what mattered.

Billy then apologized to Ava, Erik quickly speaking for her. "Hey, she's fine." Looking over at her, Erik raised his brows. "Aren't ya?" She nodded her head, sitting on top of the counter. "That was nothin'. You ever see a biker gang argue over a tap? Talk about dramatic," she then shook her head, a small smile creasing her lips at the thought of the rowdy fights at the clubhouse. "Oh fucks- those were the worst nights!" Erik shook his head before looking down as Billy laid his head on his shoulder. "We're fine. Let's go get your hand taken care of, fuckin' putz, you're injured!" Though he spoke with both annoyance and authority in his voice, Erik really just wanted to make sure he hadn't screwed up his recovery process. "And let's get that head wiped off. Not kissin' over his lips."

~ Evening ~
Harper King
aceaed1c4f8f64b158365e732bc40bc8.jpeg
When she had received the call from Caspian to pick Jeremy up, she had immediately thought the worst. But when she arrived and had been informed that Billy had hit him, Harper was about to hunt her brother down. Seeing Jeremy as high as a kite was a bit unsettling. He was normally so intact mentally and with the drugs, Cas gave him, he was now almost like a vulnerable kid. Currently, she had him in his bed, the bed they had shared the night before as she was trying to make sure he had everything he needed.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't stare at my chest while I move around. I get it, they're nice. I am fond of them myself, but quit it." She said, though the usual iciness in her tone was absent, only mild irritation - her tone soft. "Don't close your eyes." The woman tutted, moving to sit next to him on the bed now. "Hey, Jerebear. Helloooo." She lightly slapped his cheeks to get him to pay attention. "Jesus, he really did a number on you. Why didn't you hit him back, luv?" The woman asked seriously, a smirk appearing on her face as she said, "I would have laid him out flat."

Moving to grab the washcloth from the bowl of cool water she had filled up, she wrung out the cloth and gently wiped at the blood left on his face from earlier. "How come it's always one of us taking care of the other? I'd don't remember us getting this hurt when we were younger."

~ Evening ~
Jeremy Gray

sam-angel-wings.gif
Jeremy felt loopy, like he had never felt before. After leaving Billy’s house with a fresh new bruise and re-lapsed concussion, he had paged the Doctor to see if he was home, calling a taxi to come and get him, the world spinning under him. He was ready to pass out when he crawled in the car, and the taxi driver had to take him up when he arrived at his home. Within moments he was giggling and laid out on a couch in Caspian’s office. When he had asked Jeremy who he should call, Jeremy immediately said Harper, followed by such comments as, “Hey Cas, I’m gon’ marry that girl someday. I’ll be the future Mr. King!”

Now back in his bed, still feeling the effects of the medication Caspian had given him for the night but he had declined to take extra pain pills, he couldn’t stop watching her. When she started slapping his cheeks, he reached up and grabbed her around the waist, nuzzling his face into her side and trying to blow raspberries. “Maybe I was just in an extra good mood today. Did you know you’re soft, like cotton candy?” He nipped at her playfully, “Besides, I figured I’d leave the laying him out to you, you’re so much better at it.”

As she washed his face, he found any excuse to aggravate her, kissing on her arm, tugging at her sleeves with his teeth, tickling up her side. “It’s because when we were younger, we didn’t get hurt this much. In fact, missy, I blame you. I was perfectly fine until I went and got all soft with love. Now I’m just squishy.” He grinned, pulling her down beside him, spooning her as the drugs made him sleepy but he fought it off. “So you have to be squishy with me.” He rubbed her arm and shoulder face buried in her hair.

"Just stay with me, like this, and I'll be okay with that. Even if they pick on me, 'cuz Billy, and Alex and Spencer are all going to be mean once they find out about us. We might have to run away together, start a new life, pretend to be some Duke and Duchess in a Victorian world, living some story from a book. You'll be my princess right?" He tickled her playfully, "We'll have to indulge in some fantasy role playing."

~ Evening ~
Harper King
aceaed1c4f8f64b158365e732bc40bc8.jpeg
Harper let out a small giggle, "Soft huh? I hope that doesn't mean I'm getting fat, I know I finished off both of our plates today but I swear I normally don't do that." She murmured before she shook her head scoffing as he said she was better at laying out Billy than he was. "Billy used to get so pissed when I would pin him down as a kid, I'm sure you remember. He was just mad that a girl could pin him so quickly. Which I'll be sure to remind him of the next time I see his face." The threat came out as a growl through her clenched teeth. But the anger was fleeting as she focused on Jeremy again.

"Me?! What did I do? You're the one who told me you've been in love with me for years! You did that to yourself." Harper said as she squirmed under his tickling and teasing, "Jeremy! Stop!" She laughed, her voice a bit louder than she intended for it to be. Before she could get up, he pulled her down with a tug and she fell into the bed beside him. He pressed himself against her and turned her head to look up at him from the angle she was at. "No falling asleep, squishy man. Caspian told me I have to keep you awake for a few more hours." His breath tickled her neck with his face buried into her hair, causing her to shiver slightly.

Jeremy asked her to stay with him like they were now. He said that her brothers would all be mean once they found out about them and Harper shook her head, "You think I'd let those idiots be mean? One just figured out he was gay even though I've known for years, the other one has fucked half of London and Spencer has got the anger issues of someone on steroids." The blonde said with a smirk.

Hearing his plan to run away and start a new life was entertaining to hear. "We going to get a time machine? That sounds like an awfully far trip." She commented before turning in his arms to face him fully, squirming again as he tickled her causing her to let out another giggle. "Mr. Gray, you should know by now that I am not a Princess by a Queen amongst Kings. And my first decree before you let your sexual desires rule your head is to rest."

Looking into his eyes, she reached forward and kissed the tip of his nose like she had the night before. "I love you, even when you are off your rocker."

Sunday, July 28th, 1985
-Midday-
Jeremy Gray

1659152491911.png
The sun was shining brightly in the windows, lighting up the room. Harper had been stern about not letting him do anything as Caspian had confirmed a second concussion from Jeremy knocking him around. Second Impact Syndrome was serious, from what Caspian had told him, and he was at risk of looking the ability to self-regulate his blood pressure and volume flowing. If any severe headaches occurred, or anything changed, he would need to be rushed back, but this morning – aside from some swelling and a new black eye – he was feeling almost normal. Still, watching Harper moving around the apartment in his button up shirt was more then enough to make it even.

Yes, of course, he was a man, and there were those thoughts, but the rest of the thoughts were about the future he wanted to have with her. The last few months felt like they had taken forever, like they had lived a whole separate life within the brackets of ‘recent’ and ‘not recent’. A few months ago, he never would have considered settling down, admitting he was in love with his best friend’s sister, or thinking about any kind of life other then one day ahead. He’d be bar hopping, drinking with Alex, waiting for Bruce or Spencer to give him the next order. Now all he could think about were what she’d look like in white, surrounded by flowers, waking up every day next to him, holding their child.

Of course, Jeremy would never tell her about these thoughts at this time. Harper would lose it if she knew exactly what he was thinking, she had never wanted to be the housewife, mother of a couple kids, tethered to something that would not allow her to spread her wings and fly. Jeremy intended to try and let her do both, but it would take some careful navigation of the future and him not acting like a teen who was so clingy it would drive her away, even if his emotions had already latched on with everything they could and would refuse to let go, acceptance or not.

Monday, July 29th, 1985
~ Early Morning ~
Harper King
DLTvgoDXkAAId5k.jpeg
Despite Jeremy's head injury, which Harper continued to keep a close eye on in order to distract herself from her own growing list of health problems, the last couple days had been bliss. If they weren't rolling in between the sheets, they were both just enjoying each other's company in their arms. If they weren't doing either of those things, they were just trying to keep some normalcy by doing some housework, which Harper refused to let Jeremy do in his current condition for fear he might just topple over. Her own condition, her fresh stab wound, the horrible aches in her damaged joints...it all faded when she laid in his arms. As if he were the only thing that she needed in her life to feel completely whole again.

This morning, Harper had managed to slide out of bed well before the sun rose and well before Jeremy had woken up. Breakfast foods were her specialty and one of her favorite things to eat, so she ended up making an overabundance of different things this morning. Having known him for almost all of her life, even in her trauma, Harper remembered that today was Jeremy's birthday. While Harper had a family to help her celebrate her own special day, Jeremy didn't have any family left. So, Harper was on a mission to make sure he understood that this day was about him and that she would forever be grateful that he was born and here with her now.

She'd never thought of herself as the domestic type, the idea of marriage, children...it all felt like things that would just way her down on the adventures she wished to have and to start. But oddly enough, Harper was finding cooking and caring for the man in her spare bedroom fulfilling enough. To know that she was wanted and needed, made her feel things she couldn't quite put her finger on. Maybe she could see herself settling down...it was Jeremy after all. Harper knew the man was loyal, and with the amount of patience and understanding as well as love he had in his heart...he'd make an excellent father.

Realizing she was getting way ahead of herself, Harper cleared her throat, setting the tray she had for delivering him breakfast in bed before hobbling over to the bedroom. Doing her very best not to spill a damn thing, she set it on the dresser before moving to kiss his lips. "Good morning, love, and happy birthday!" She said excitedly, keeping her voice hushed in an attempt not to startle him as he woke. "I made you breakfast...figure I owe you from yesterday? Except it's actually made it to the bedroom this time..." Her cheeks flushed with color at remembering the activities in the kitchen.

Monday, July 29, 1985
-Midday-
Jeremy Gray

1660104422844.pngJeremy woke up, feeling the bed beside him, wondering where Harper had gotten off too. He hadn’t been thinking about the date, or even what day of the week it was. This past week had been the only thing important to him, he wanted to spend every day of the future just like they had been. Part of him was worried he’d wake up one day and realize this had all been a dream. When she came back into the room trying to walk on her hurt leg and balance a tray of food he nearly hopped out, but knew she’d only get on him, so he relaxed back instead, waiting for her to kiss him. With the tray out of the way, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back into bed next to him. “Thank you, I bet it’ll look lovely on the dresser while I enjoy you.”

….

After another passionate round, Jeremy grabbed the tray and sat it in bed with them, handing her his fork while he picked at the food with his fingers, feeding her bits as well. “This is really good, thank you. I forgot today was my birthday, I don’t always celebrate it. I’m more surprised you remembered, much less made food.” He teased her playfully.

Sitting here, in the rosy romantic glow of the room, Jeremy got groggy with the sensation, the feelings in his chest wanting to explode, his lips loose and his normally filtered thoughts free flowing. “Harper, one day, when you’re ready, I want to marry you. We can travel where you want, you can still do what you want, but I want you to be my wife. You don’t have do, of course, but I hope you’ll consider it.” Jeremy grabbed her hand, pulling it to his lips, kissing her fingertips. “We can have whatever kind of marriage you want, break every tradition. I just want you to be mine.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back