[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Brain health is important so, at least for my part, don't waste worry on us.

I haven't seen much of 3rd ed, just some snippets in the e-mail updates. Very much looking forward to seeing it is a whole, but overall not having strong feelings yet. Too much unseen.

Passing time by designing a "natural" Wood or Earth manse, inspired by Treebeard's Ent-house: a sort of bay in the flanks of a mountain, with a stream running down the middle, its walls lined with towering trees like men in armor. The roofless "hall" ends in what appears to be a sheer cliff face with a waterfall tumbling down it; behind the waterfall is a shallow cave which serves as the hearthstone chamber.

Angus_McBride_-_Wellinghall.jpg

The manse is guarded by an oathbound wood elemental, small god or living tree created with Genesis; adventurers must solve a series of riddles before being allowed to attune to the manse. Water drunk there is magically nourishing, like an Ent-draught, and has either healing properties or the ability to grant mystical knowledge.

He did say a month ago or so that he wasn't feeling too well, so I assumed that a bit of traveling was in order.

Like the Terminator, he'll be back :devil:

*fidget*

So I guess I should try to finish up new character and make a bunch of project posts...

Suggestions from the peanut gallery on dealing with hyper bully? It's a super heavy handed situation that I'm not seeing a good way out of other than accept some sort of oath... I'd not mind it for Argis especially if he can work out a way to be the underestimated observer of this circle... For a limited time.

Hmm...you could offer to swear an oath before they impose one of their own, and set terms that aren't a trap waiting to go off.

Ya, that's pretty much what is actively happening. The only issue is that Siham is apparently unwilling to take any oaths. Which is a bit more awkward to solve.

The deathknight seems to be not too keen on loving MoW, his solar comrades may feel the same way.

Plus you've got a history with Mask's knights, you gave up a friggin arm to stop his best hitman from hitting his target.

Use that to describe your "careful approach" when it came to Nexus.

Yes you were spying on Nexus... but only because your contacts told you the city had gone SNAFU and you wanted to make sure that Mask wasn't involved.

Also, you can probably use Malek's name, if the Lion has ties to the military around the East, she may confirm with her contacts that he Rhapsody & Siham have been working their asses off trying to help, even rescuing key personel from the Mask's grasp.

They appear to have a sense of honor and are very protective of their new turf, show them you're a good guy before trying to use a get ouf jail card ;)

Hmm, which would Argis see as less detrimental to the group at this point him being oath bound or giving up information on the others... Could at least give some convincing via info a try. DK would at least be able to verify some things maybe

The DK indicated that he knows about our struggles, I would say he must know more about us than we know about him and his circle.

So Argis would not be giving too much anyway.

The others do not trust / respect him one bit so you should probably play on them and their qualities and have them realize you are "alike". Hence the story of the time you lost that arm.

A little drama can often help, exalts are also creatures of passion, plus, it did work with the bots.

Users who are viewing this thread