Male

APPEARANCE: 

images-137.jpg

HEIGHT: 

6'5

WEIGHT: 

231 lbs.

ALIGNMENT: Neutral

Radfor stays neutral for the sake of the Empire.

CLASS:

Apprentice --> Lordling --> Prince --> Level 1 Emperor

PRIMARY STAT:

POWER

Raw strength, measured by how many swings it takes to fell an adversary; namely one.

WEAPON PROFICIENCY:

Axes - S

SKILLS:

Personal Skill:

20-20.pngEmperor's Guile -

When this unit defeats an enemy, all friendly units gain +2 Strength for one action. Bonus can stack.

Starting Skills:

20-17.png Chain of Legend -

Each consecutive kill grants a +1 to Skill and HP.

20-25.png Empirical Wall - Pairing up with an ally grants that ally +4 Defense.

20-21.png Merchants Gamble - If enemy has weapon advantage, -20 Evade, but +20 Hit.

20-13.png Power by Sacrifice - If any friendly unit falls or retreats, gain a temporary +1 Movement for first action.

Later Equipped Skills:

None.

WEAPONS:

Zephyr - A Greataxe that Radfor recieved upon his crowning as Emperor. He never goes anywhere without it.

MT - 15    Hit - 70    Crit - 10

SwordSlayer - Reverses the weapon triangle.

MT - 8    Hit - 80   Crit - 0

MAGIC: 

None.

ARMOR/APPAREL:

The Emperor wears an elegant set of silver-make full armor, colored gold and red, the colors of his nation. He has never been seen out of it, save for one of his most trusted servants, who has been sworn to secrecy not to reveal what is underneath by penalty of death.

CLASSES STRONG TO:

Knights

Generals

Wyvern Knights

Wyvern Lords

Great Knights

Pegasus Knights

Falcon Knights

Spear Masters

CLASSES WEAK TO:

Anything involving magic.

Swordmasters

Swiftstrikers

CLASSES NEUTRAL TO:

SwordMasters

Heroes

Lords

Assassins

Tricksters

War Clerics

Bow Knights

PERSONALITY:

Radfor is heavily battle and honor oriented. Though he comes from a land where trade is paramount, and even was a merchant himself, he holds honor and truth to the highest degree. He is very forward and speaks his mind constantly, even in situations where it would be best that he held his tongue, and can get rather aggressive towards things he's passionate about. He respects people of physical prowess, but is still kind to those who arent.

Despite his battle oriented background, he can still act like a respectable ruler. He is rehearsed in the types of manners needed in order to present oneself in front of nobility, but most nobles he has met have been too intimidated to tell him if he has done anything wrong. He can be polite as well, though it is trying to him, and he cannot do it for very long. Don't be surprised if he swears either.

HISTORY/BIO:

Radfor grew up as the only son to a pair of poor jewelry merchants in the great continent of Narvasen, a rather large continent known for its large economy, and a little less known for its militaristic endeavors. Ever since the first Emperor of Narvasen, Emperor Narva Alavastar (who was a wealthy merchant), established the first city, merchants found the land as a safe haven to peddle their wares safely. And so it's been for centuries, with regular trade established with the Kingdom of Valken only five centuries ago. He grew up working as a jeweler just like his parents, but always found himself wanting for some excitement. Whenever he was out cutting wood for the fire, the axe in his hand just felt...right. It wasn't until he reached eighteen years of age that he was discovered by the Royal Visier while he was on a trip on the countryside. He recognized him as the Emperor's long lost child, and, after saying goodbye to his foster parents who admitted to finding him on the road one night, he was brought back to the castle. There, he met his true parents, the Emperor and his Queen, and they welcomed him back with open arms. They explained to him that a rogue faction called the Red Sabre, which had been undermining the Empire for years, had stolen him away as a child. According to his foster parents story, they had somehow misplaced him, and that's how they found him. From then on, he became a member of nobility. He felt rather uncomfortable at first, but when his father began to teach him the ways of the axe and his mother manners, he gradually warmed up to his new parents.

As time went on and his parents got older, it was finally time for Radfor to succeed the throne. He had grown to be an impressive warrior, and the people respected his martial might and his merchants background. Ever since his crowning, he has worked tirelessly to make Narvasen a better place, even giving his foster parents and the village he grew up in more food and resources to survive, as well as establishing a better, safer trade route from there to the Capital, so he could see them as often as he'd like. He's been Emperor for seven years, but it's been only recently that the Kingdom of Valken has refused trade with them. With Valken being the only place willing to trade a magic silk native to their land, his people began to grow desperate for the material. Valken has not responded to any of their emissaries, so Radfor has taken it into his own hands. After a two and a half month's journey by boat, he has finally reached Valken. He has no idea what he's gotten into...

OTHER:

Crit Quotes:

"This one's for Narvasen!"

"Just like splitting logs!"

"Embrace defeat, weakling!"

"On your knees!"

-Victory Quotes-

"Please, forgive me..."

"Your death was needed."

"Rock beats everything!"

"No mercy for the guilty."

Dual Guard Quote:

"Keep your eyes peeled, friend!"

QUIP:

'The most cranky when they wake up in the morning.'

THEME:

-Casual/Talking Theme-

-Battle Theme-

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres mah things about him :)

• Merchant is already a class
  • only 199 lbs? hed probably weigh more like 220-230 right? with armor, who knows? lol
  • Prince into Emperor? is that how that works?
  • Isn't Power just Strength? (ah whatever, nota huge issue lol)
  • since the rp is in its beginning, he can be like a lvl 1 Emperor
  • Emperors Guile is op
  • Empirical Wall is op
  • Haha not really a problem, but Merchants Gamble makes him basically dead to any strong Swiftstriker xD
  • Should probably be weak to Swordmasters
  • Why is he weak to War clerics? or bow knights?
  • Only a month and a half trip? Make it longer. :P
  • Also, theyve established trade with Valken? But no one knows about their Kingdom, so hows that work?

@The Lord of Sunlight

I can change it to apprentice or something.

199 without armor. Armor weighs about thirty, thirty five. I can make him a little bigger, but his picture makes him see a little skinnier.

I assume so. In Sacred Stones, Emperor Vigarde's son is Lyon, who is a Prince.

Yeah, pretty much. I just wanted him to have a fancy name for it.

Well, I seemed to have forgotten to put his level down, so okay.

Hm. Is it the stacking? Or the amount of strength? Or both? Cause if possible, I'd prefer to keep the stacking and lower the amount.

Ehhhhhhh, I'd argue against that, at least in an RP setting, where it would mainly just be him stopping attacks. But okay, I can lower that to....how about four or five?

Maybe. He's not supposed to be a one man army, he's gotta be weak to things. I figured that something like that would happen, and it's just kind of a gamble. With his extreme strength, you just kinda have to hope he hits and kills in one blow.

Yeah, I thought about that too. SwordMasters have decent strength and a lot of skill. They're Crit Masters right? I figured with a fairly high Defense, which he has, and his massive Strength, it's really just a gamble as to who hits harder first. Refer to my previous paragraph.

Plus he's got a SwordSlayer for those.

He's not. Just neutral to them. Bow Knights got a high Evade and use swords, so they have advantage. War Clerics have a sturdy Defense and Resistance as well. Just enough that they wouldn't die in one hit unless it was a crit.

Uggggh, but we already argued that! I thought we agreed like a one and a half, two, or two and a half months.

I also recall us saying that that's the whole reason why he was here? To try and fix trade?

Its the amount those skills provide :)  too much

He cant hit a Swiftstriker if they have insane speed, which is what the class is about.

Swordslayer doesnt make him good against them. It just means hes good against them when using a swordslayer, but you can say that about any character using any weapon against any class. The same issue persist here. Swords beat axes, plain and simple.

Okay.

2-3 months then, it has to make sense for why a Kingdom wouldnt know its existence

Same as what I just said. Valken doesnt know of other kingdoms/continents. So why would they have an established trade route?

It would either be, that they're coming to try to establish a trade system with Valken. Or for some reason, somehow, Valken doesnt know about it. But if it was set up 5 centuries ago... then they all would most certainly know.

@The Lord of Sunlight

I guess I'll have to change those up then. I'm thinking a +2 Strength bonus and a +4 Defense bonus.

Alright, alright. No need to get logical about it. If you're really that concerned about it, how about I add Swordbreaker? It'll drop anyone using a sword's Hit and Avoid by 50. That ought to even the odds regardless of speed, especially with a SwordSlayer.

Two and a half sounds reasonable. 

As I said, I'm pretty sure we agreed on the whole thing being that they don't talk to each other about anything other than trading, so they leave each other alone, but when Valken stops providing the imports they need then the Emperor comes to investigate and/or renegotiate.

If you don't want something like that to happen, then perhaps both countries could be unaware of each other's existence, and the Emperor comes and 'finds a new land' while out exploring, claims it as the Empire's, then finds out its already inhabited. Or maybe he's just looking for a different sea route for a specific place and happens upon Valken? 

I just wanted the numbers lowered.

Uh, nah. :P  People need weaknesses. Im okay with him having a swordslayer and using it when he needs. But he either has the swordslayer equipped or the axe you gave him. You know?

Okay.

The idea I really want. Is Freya knows about trading with his country, but is for some reason denying it. What I dont want, is for everyone to know Valken trades. Thats a secret only for Valken royalty and higher ups.

@The Lord of Sunlight

Already done.

Oh don't you  :P  me. My whole point was that was his weakness! Well, besides magic, that is. He's got the arm of a cannon, but yes, that doesn't mean anything if he can't hit it. Hence the whole teamwork thing and why we've got other players and stuff. Y'know? But why are you making me choose? That's just uncool. I can't even have him get a little bit of a chance to hit fast enemies? I'm fairly certain he's the only character we have that is strictly one weapon as well. Well, maybe besides the npcs. But those don't count!

Well, I listed in his bio that Valken 'suddenly stopped their trade' and that their emissaries were getting zero response from them. So yes, they trade. We've got that covered. If it's a secret, then it's a secret. You can make it that way in the rp. Do you just not want the other players to know?

Already done.

Oh don't you  :P  me. My whole point was that was his weakness! Well, besides magic, that is. He's got the arm of a cannon, but yes, that doesn't mean anything if he can't hit it. Hence the whole teamwork thing and why we've got other players and stuff. Y'know? But why are you making me choose? That's just uncool. I can't even have him get a little bit of a chance to hit fast enemies? I'm fairly certain he's the only character we have that is strictly one weapon as well. Well, maybe besides the npcs. But those don't count!

Well, I listed in his bio that Valken 'suddenly stopped their trade' and that their emissaries were getting zero response from them. So yes, they trade. We've got that covered. If it's a secret, then it's a secret. You can make it that way in the rp. Do you just not want the other players to know?

As long as its noted that swords are his weakness, since he uses axes. I dont care if in the rp he manages to hit swordusers with his axe or with the swordslayer (the swordslayer would destroy any sword user he hits btw), i just want it noted that if he cannot hit sword users they are his weakness.

So, youre saying, hundreds and hundreds of years ago the two countries had trade? But dont anymore? Thats not exactly "Recent". And no, I dont want anyone in the kingdom of Valken to know. It sort of ruins the whole dynamic that is established directly between Valken rich (Valkenians) and the Outlanders.

If theres a third faction that could provide to the Outlanders, then the whole rp is completely destroyed and pointless. Right?

Also, if the trading is secret, then fine. But HOW is it a secret? How are giant ships that come from another land, that trade with Valken kept secret from everyone? Including Outlanders, that theyd have to actually go by first to reach Valken?

Alright, fine. I can list Swordmasters as a weakness. And that other one.

That was a bit of a mistake on my part, I forgot a century was a hundred years, and was thinking of a different word, which, turns out, is more than a century. I meant fifty years, which means that it was established at the end of his grandfather's reign and the start of his fathers.

Aye that would be correct. I guess that's why only Valken knows of them, and vice versa. Narvasen has no idea of the Outlander conflict. Not yet at least.

Well, in my head at least, I thought the land was divided kind of down the middle and that Narvasen ships only arrived on the Valken side. Perhaps Freya and the higher ups disguised their arrivals by saying their meeting place was a mine they've established? Narvasen does have a lot of precious metals that they would be willing to trade for the 'magical silk' Valken has. Perhaps they trade only at the port/mine and then the metals are sent back in the disguise of a caravan trading with said mine? That's just an idea though.

It was decade. That was the word.

50 decades? well that seems more plausible, but still poses relatively the same question... but i suppose thats a bit better

and no, the land is just a land, like usual, with valkens capitol in the middle, other various "Valken" cities dotting the land here and there, and various smaller, crappy rundown towns dotting even more

the outlanders are only "outlanders" because theyre impoverished. Technically everyone on the continent is a Valkenian

theres no divide

as for a mine, or ships, or port

theyd definitely be attacked by raiding Outlanders, regardless if it was supposed to be some sort of secret (if the outlanders found the place)

Like I said, just have her call the port a 'mine', and keep it defended. All goods will be shipped out via caravan. From there, even if they are raided, all they know is that it's ore from the mine. 

Fifty years ain't that long either. Their favors could definitely have soured. Especially with the Kingdom and Queens absence.

well okay, as long as its kept a heavily guarded secret (for now anyway) :)

Freya would definitely keep it secret.. for reasons to be revealed.. :P  if they arent already apparent (shes quite the control freak lol)

and yes, after the disappearances, Freya most likely closed off the trading route, and stopped it

okay, since worked all this out, hes Accepted :)  ill just trust you to not break my rp xD cuz the dynamic between the super-rich Valken and the super-poor, desperate Outlanders has to be maintained, otherwise the entire thing doesnt make any sense for a plot :P

@The Lord of Sunlight

Well don't get me wrong, he'd feel bad for them. But even if he wanted to help, it would take at least five months for any aid to arrive at all.

I guess he should wait to be introduced. After all hes an important figure and Kapoore has yet to relay the information.

Well don't get me wrong, he'd feel bad for them. But even if he wanted to help, it would take at least five months for any aid to arrive at all.

I guess he should wait to be introduced. After all hes an important figure and Kapoore has yet to relay the information.

um introduce him when it seems relevant, probs not right now? iduno xD iduno how you plan on doing so

Outlanders against the group? Mm. I see. Well you're the one who runs this RP. His goal is to speak with Freya. When would be the best time for him to try and do that?

Outlanders against the group? Mm. I see. Well you're the one who runs this RP. His goal is to speak with Freya. When would be the best time for him to try and do that?

hmm yeah, Freya isnt going to be a main focus in the next chapter (since it isnt going to take place in Valken capitol, at least not properly) but maybe it can still have our characters interact

if not, a side chapter too? unsure atm

Well maybe it could be something like what Eliwood did, and unknowingly aid them? Perhaps they're looking for something or somewhere and he can help them through the mountains or something. His country is extremely mountainous after all

Well maybe it could be something like what Eliwood did, and unknowingly aid them? Perhaps they're looking for something or somewhere and he can help them through the mountains or something. His country is extremely mountainous after all

Uh.. Um.. X3 i meant how is he gunna speak with Freya? also, nah the outlanders know their realm lol

Oh. He was just gonna wall to the Capitol and meet her there. Of she meets him at the 'mine'?

okay, we can go with the mine thing :O

make that a side chapter, where Outlanders attack it, and threaten to expose the secret Freya wants to keep (though your character wouldnt know that)

So Freya and a few others have to fight them off?

Should probably convince him they're bandits or outlaws of some sort. Else he may just choose to remain neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread