• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Emoji Toggles

Gezellige

it's-a me, mario!
Is there a way I can turn them off? Lol
I prefer text-based emojis for specific emotions (like I don't mind all emojis, but ye) so having : D turn to :D is something I would prefer not happening 😂
Lmk if there's a way!! If there isn't, no worries, but I figured I'd ask. Thank ye 😌 ✨

Hello!
I am a RPer here on the forum, and I wish to give a minor complaint.

I personally am not the hugest fan of the emojis used on the site. Of course, they aren't terrible or anything, and you offer a great range to choose from. The defaults, however, are a bit on the 'eh' side of things. Before this turns into a post of things I don't like without any actual help or ideas, allow to briefly explain my idea.

I am not the only person on the forum (that I know) that does not like the emojis. So, to add a small quality of life improvement to the site, I would like to propose a system that allows you to select which emojis to use easily. No, not that menu thing, but selecting what to use with emoticons.
Simply put, when I type colon and capital D together, I get this emoji. :D
However, what if I wanted to use another variation of the "open mouth smile" emoji? Such as the following: :xFgrin:😃
Or what if, as I truly desire, I just want to use the direct emoticon? The current and only solution to this is by using a space to separate the two symbols, looking like this -> : D

I would, at the very least, like to have the option to turn off the automatic Emoji translator in favor of using emoticons, like I usually do on other chats and blogs. Perhaps a switch in the user settings to turn this feature on or off. I understand this may be a problem with the BB code, and if this is the case, please notify me. Otherwise, a way to use emoticons without requiring spaces would be a small, but a personally very enjoyable QoL update that I would appreciate greatly.

Thank you for your review and consideration! <3 < 3

Hey! I have no idea what the support or logistics of a feature like this would be, but have y'all ever thought about a setting that would allow users to turn off auto emojis? I just love sending the analog < 3, but it auto corrects into an actual heart emoji. I'd love to know what others think.

I think you can go around them by hard-typing a bbcode in the middle?
Like...
Code:
<3 <[b][/b]3
will become
<3 <3

YO? NO WAY! How do I use that, do I just put it in my text just like that?!

Mhm. Just like the code example. I tried it both ways. Using the hilight and then clicking the bolding option doesn't work, but typing the bbcode tags yourself ends up with the example I used before.

BBCode functions in-between the < and 3 cause it to occur, but not things such as zero-width spaces or BBCode around it. Unintended interaction no doubt, albeit with no option presently available to just type it as plain text without the unintentional interaction, it's a nice to have bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back