• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug Email preference bug? I think?

Nove NuVonde

Certified worm boy
I'm not sure if this is a bug or simply a punctuation error, but while fiddling in my settings, I came across this:
Bud140T.png

The way the "you do not have permission" message was strangely spliced on made me think this was some sort of error and I was seeing a message I wasn't supposed to, but true to its word, every time I tried to disable email notifs, it would reset itself and emails would be turned back on.

Am I supposed to be affected by this? Is it supposed to look like that? What's the point of remembering my choice if it's going to reset my choice immediately? And maybe most of all, why is this a thing to begin with? It's not the end of the world but my phone constantly buzzing with emails that are often just a tiny reply is a bit irritating and I'd like to have a little more control over what and when RPN emails me.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows OS. Everything is the latest version as far as I'm aware.

This is only a snippet of the page with Chrome shrunk smaller, as I often do. This is what it looks like at full size:
NK31Wa6.png

Huh. That just makes it double strange. I'm not really the kind of code savvy person who could exploit anything to mess up my settings. I can't imagine what happened to make me different.

Nove NuVonde Nove NuVonde I've poked the powerful Wizard.

I think previously these options were allowed, but have since been removed, but as you had them checked it's telling you that you do not have permission for them and that your choice was simply remembered. If you uncheck these and then save and refresh I believe it should vanish.

Nove NuVonde Nove NuVonde I've poked the powerful Wizard.

I think previously these options were allowed, but have since been removed, but as you had them checked it's telling you that you do not have permission for them and that your choice was simply remembered. If you uncheck these and then save and refresh I believe it should vanish.
Thank you for the clarification! This explanation makes sense. Unfortunately, like I said earlier, it literally will not allow me to deselect. Even if I deselect it and save very fast, it forces me to keep it selected. I now believe this is probably just a glitch, but still a little strange nonetheless. Is there anything else I could do to fix the issue?

Thank you for the clarification! This explanation makes sense. Unfortunately, like I said earlier, it literally will not allow me to deselect. Even if I deselect it and save very fast, it forces me to keep it selected. I now believe this is probably just a glitch, but still a little strange nonetheless. Is there anything else I could do to fix the issue?
Wizard will be checking into when he gets a chance. :3

No, sorry. I hate to seem like a bother, I feel like I'm somehow being belligerent, but I genuinely don't know why it's being so stubborn. I just now tried logging out and back in but that didn't seem to help. I then tried deleting all of my cookies associated with RPN to see if maybe that was causing something to get stuck, but that didn't seem to help either.

No, sorry. I hate to seem like a bother, I feel like I'm somehow being belligerent, but I genuinely don't know why it's being so stubborn. I just now tried logging out and back in but that didn't seem to help. I then tried deleting all of my cookies associated with RPN to see if maybe that was causing something to get stuck, but that didn't seem to help either.

You aren't being a bother. It's fine, just some trouble shooting xD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back