Music Electronic / Retrowave / Synthwave songs!

minigunmax

Curious Conscious Creature
Heyo!

Coming off the momentum Dreamtique created with his thread; Share music that helps you tell a story (which I demand all of you reading this to leave a message on his thread sharing music with him.), I've decided to share some of my favorite tracks from an old playlist I made on Spotify called Cyber Doom
I was reminded of said playlist while trying to revive an old Cyberpunk / Judge Dredd rp I'm currently working on. I've started digging through my old rp playlists and wanted to share some tracks that may inspire you, and hopefully hear your favorite electronic/synth tracks aswell!

Music has always held a special place in my heart so I hope to hear alot of feedback and shared songs from the community! The more music the better!

I'm not sure where to start off but a particularly favorite genre of mine is Dark / Aggressive synthwave, Stuff you'd hear in a police chase, shootout, something big is going down and lives are on the line!

Carpenter Brut perfectly fills that need for me! its hard not to flood this thread with most of his tracks, so i will simply suggest you explore his discography, my best recommendation being his debut album: Trilogy, hard to skip any track featured on this album! though a particular favorite is...

Escape from midwich valley was a track i remember from the original hotline miami gameplay trailer, though only the last quarter of the track is used. I love the build up to the satisfying, almost violent climax of the song that perfectly sets up the theme and atmosphere of their album. An underrated classic!

Surgeryheads' remix of Scattles "Cursive" also satisfys that itch, getting right to the fast paced, dramatic action of the track without as much buildup as midwich valley. I'm not entirely sure where i found this track, but it will always be a track i whole heartedly recommend to those who have an interest in this kind of music!

Dan Terminus' "Margaritifier" takes this theme a whole dozen notches up! It gives next to no build up for its ultra fast paced synth beats and monstrous, distorted screams of some otherworldly beasts roar. I've always had the perception that the music video for such a song would have some horrific space creature chasing a scientist down a hallway or laboratory at breakneck speed. Its an amazing track that deserves more attention for its production and end result!

Converter by Mega Drive is a well known classic in the synthwave genre. Mega drive being one of the most recognized artists in his field really hit the ball out of the park on this track in my opinion! The steady thumping beat and amazing rhythm of the track can get anybody in a synthwave/cyberpunk mood!

Terror eyes is what i would imagine a futuristic Dr. Frankenstein would have playing in his laboratory as he creates his monster! The creepy, somewhat slow beat gives a slightly unsettling introduction to the track, and jarring, distorted sound samples intermitted through the track gives an uncomfortable, almost sinister feeling to the overall vibe of the track. I believe its deserving of more praise, though Its a slight departure from most of Mega drives more successful tracks!

Video stalker did what terror eyes did, but even better! The deep, slow paced beat offers a far more dark and foreboding atmosphere to the track, evocative of crawling through dark city streets in a not-so-friendly part of night city, or any other cyberpunk / future dystopian mega city. Absolute classic!

Trash pandas immediately became one of my favorite tracks in the synthwave genre, and I'm certain it will please you aswell! The production of the track instantly throws you into an 80s cyber future setting. Backing guitar chords carry you through the retro synthy vibe of the song and eventually take lead of the whole song! and by the end of it, you might wanna slick your hair back, slap on a pair of aviators and jump into a hotrod, cos this track will shine even in the most neon-saturated streets of an 80s cop movie!

DeLorean's, Pontiac firebirds and Jet engine cars in a neon lit city. Wormhole 2.0 is the first track id blast in my hover-car during a street race! The samples in the track almost evoke the sounds of an engine powered by electric guitars, turbo thrusters and nitrous! Rev your engines, on your marks, get set, GO!

Hairspray hurricane will forever be one of my favorite retrowave / synthwave songs! Mouth watering guitar chords, excellent electronic mixing and production paired with a fast, heavy beat that grabs you by the hair and sends you flying! This track is almost impossible to skip no matter where you find yourself!

Heist is what I would picture being played in the middle of a synthwave-aesthetic payday 2 heist. Chaotic yet precise, dangerous and exciting, this track quickly became one of my personal favorites in the synthwave genre and will always get my blood flowing. Whos ready for a big score?

Motorcycle Cop
Motorcycle cop is what i picture powergloves' attempt at recreating the same atmosphere Mega drive set when making Video stalker. Though not a particular favourite, It certainly encouraged me to keep searching for this kind of atmosphere and sound when I was still new to synthwave. An over all good track!

Mick Gordon - 28. VEGA Core
Mick Gordon - 30. Mastermind
Mick Gordons "Vega core" and "mastermind" were two stand-out tracks in Doom 2016s soundtrack, The pure chaotic energy and pacing of these tracks evokes a violent, unpredictable atmosphere that perfectly suited Dooms brutally fast paced action and violence! Although being one of the few tracks in Dooms OST made almost entirely with synthetic/electronic productions, the samples evoke the same energy thats produced with most heavy metal guitar, drum and bass. Perfect music for fighting against a big bad robot in a Cyberpunk-esque world!

Gost - Cursed
Bathory Bitch
Behemoth
Although not garnering much attention, Gost has quite a few good tracks up their sleeve, Cursed, Bathory bitch and Behemoth were some of their first tracks to catch my attention! The heavy synth, revving sound of his beats always puts a picture of a running chainsaw in my mind, and always gets me fired up for more tracks like these three!

DANCE WITH THE DEAD - Blind
"Blind" is what I imagine what happens when an 80s slasher / zombie horror becomes mixed with a classic doom level! The guitar-like sound sample following the rhythm of the beat gets your heart racing and anxious for whats next to come. although very well known in their genre, I cant help but recommend Dance with the dead for others looking for this particular kind of vibe in their synth music!

The Encounter / WAVES (EP) - Deep Groove (Gabby's Theme)
Deep groove gives a hard, heavy beat with a nice slow pace. This is a track i enjoy listening to while studying, something about the beat and production svokes an uplifting and inspiring vibe that really gets me focused and energized. Great track for casual listening!

King of the Streets
King of the streets also involves heavy guitar backing, and really saturates the song with a retro-synth feel. I have this track in my workout mix because its a great, casual listen while also amping you up and giving you a great boost of focus and energy, its hard not to get excited with this track playing in your headphones. Day or night, streets or no streets, you'll feel like an unstoppable king with this in your playlist!

Power Move - Mitch Murder
Power move is a perfect call to retro synth fans and synthwave listeners alike, with a fast paced beat and wonderful electronic chorus backed with great guitar work, this track will push you down into a retro synth rabbit hole, and leave you wanting more!

Perturbator - "Future Club" [Dangerous Days Premiere - 2014]
Perturbator is a well known artist in the genre of synthwave, most recognized for his involvement in the hotline miami series. This track is another great casual listen I enjoy for studying, keeping your focus and egging you on to keep going, its hard to lose your attention when this is playing in the room, unless you get lost in the music of course!

Star Eater
Star eater by Daniel deluxe is another casual banger, Its always on my playlist when going for a drive at night and perfectly fits the atmosphere of city cruising. Cant recommend enough!

Yakuza (feat. Alex & Ultraboss)
Yakuza by Tokyo rose toes the line of retro synth and future synth, perfectly blending and balancing the two aesthetics into a fast paced, bumping track that gets you in the mood for a fight! Try not to lose a finger when putting this in repeat, the yakuza never forget!

Fixions - Black Racers (Mother Russia Bleeds ost)
Fixions - Killing Pool (Mother Russia Bleeds ost)
Fixions "Black racers" and "Killing pool" perfectly married the fast paced, gory aesthetic and pacing of Mother russia bleeds, a great 2d beat-em-up with a wonderful visual style and soundtrack to back. This quickly became a favorite in my synth playlist, and will certainly remain as a classic in my heart!

Vector Seven - Trauma Team (2020 Version) [Music Video]
Trauma team was a track i discovered when rewatching the 2012 Judge dredd movie, and it perfectly suited the gruesome, dystopian atmosphere set in the Judge Dredd universe. Although the 2012 movie was my first and only introduction to the universe, I cant help but picture this song popping up in a chase or action sequence. The fast paced yet calculated sound of the track perfectly suits Judge Dredds character and art style. Perfect for the Judges of Megacity one!

The Algorithm - floating point
Looking for something with more guitar and metal? Floating point by The Algorithm will hopefully satisfy you! With an intense guitar and synthetic mixing, this track will attack your ears and leave you with a fiery boost of energy! An absolute recommend for those looking for a heavy guitar/synth balance in their music!

OKAY! I think I'm done forcing these tracks down your throat! I hope I got atleast one of these awesome songs into one of your playlists, or atleast got you in the mood to look for more!
Please dont hesitate to share your personal favorite tracks on this thread, playlists, albums, OSTs, anything! Music is a wonderful thing to share with people that anybody can understand and love.
Cheers!

Last edited:
3Force does quite well and looks like you've got some good choices there. Nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back